• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question A32 4G root and twrp

Search This thread

fbalder18

Sep 28, 2021
Braunschweig
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Hi forum readers,
I think about buying an A32 4G (SM-A325FZKGEUB). In two threads here it was mentioned that rooting was successful. But how about twrp? I found an article on unofficialtwrp.com with description and download of an unofficial twrp and vbmeta.img with another tool for also unencrypting the data partition.
1) With all previous phones I only used xda stuff. What do you think, is it safe to use unofficial twrp?
2) If that twrp fails, I think it is possible to get the original recovery back using Odin. Correct?
3) Is it safe to use the vbmeta.inf and tool to unencrypt the data? I don't need Knox and also not Safety Net. Would it be possible to revert to factory status using Odin?
4) Ist necessary to unlock the bootloader for only flashing the Magisk-patched boot image? How about encrypted data?
Many Greetings
Florian

fbalder18

Sep 28, 2021
Braunschweig
Samsung Galaxy S9+
@ZModder, thank you for your hint. I was already successfully unlocking and installing Magisk 23. Because of your hint I dared to flash TWRP from the above mentioned web site. It didn't boot. But I could successfully return to original recovery. So waiting for a real device specific TWRP.

kkintr0

Nov 9, 2021
@ZModder, thank you for your hint. I was already successfully unlocking and installing Magisk 23. Because of your hint I dared to flash TWRP from the above mentioned web site. It didn't boot. But I could successfully return to original recovery. So waiting for a real device specific TWRP.
how did you install Magisk? could you tell?

deamero

Nov 10, 2012
how did you install Magisk? could you tell?
1st: Download appropriate firmware for your region and version of Samsung.

2nd: Unlock your bootloader. This will wipe your data.

3rd. Download magisk manager from github.

4th. Open Magisk and check what Ramdisk says.

4th: Extract your downloader firmware. There should be AP.... File. Open it via 7zip. Inside there you should have boot.img.lz4. Extract that file. If Ramdisk Says NO. Do the same with recovery file.

5th: Zip your boot file to tar format and place it on your phone.

6th: Open Magisk. and Press first Install Button.

7th: Press Select and Patch File. Magisk should create a new file inside Downloads folder. Called magisk..patched...etc Insert that file inside your pc. Do the same with recovery file if needed.

8th. Get into Download mode. You can do this by first turning off your phone and pressing both volume keys as you insert your usb cable.

9th: Open Odin File. If you have recovery file uncheck autoreboot. Place your patched file inside AP section.

10th: Reboot your phone and wipe your data.

11th: Volia!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To root you need bootloader unlocked, if it isn't your phone will fail to flash and it will boot on EDM. If twrp fails you can always flash a .tar as AP containing only recovery.img