(A320FL) - Oreo wifi problem

Search This thread

kukom6

Jan 27, 2013
After oreo update, I have got a problem with WIFI. In my house everything is OK, but when I am at work, mobile phone connect to the wifi, internet works for a couple of minutes and after that, wifi has been marked with
exclamation mark and when I want to turn off wifi, click on the wifi switch and Settings not responding. When I click on wifi in the navigation bar, UI not responding. After that, I have to restart the phone. After the restart, wifi is turned off.

I have got stock oreo(ETL). I tried to root it or restore backups from google play and Samsung cloud but nothing work. Maybe the problem is that in the work we have 5Ghz wifi.

When I revert to stock NUGAT, everything works.

Any idea what could be a problem?

PBakker

May 5, 2014
Enschede
android 7 had issues with that. change ssid of one of them and all problems are gone. Seems that android keeps switching between 2.4 and 5 ghz and connection fails ..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A320FL met Tapatalk

kukom6

Jan 27, 2013
did you mean android 8? Because I have this problem on oreo (8). But I am not allowed to change ssid on the work wifi.

PBakker

May 5, 2014
Enschede
I meant that this error was there in android 7.0. I changed the ssid of 5 ghz and problem was solved. have now 8.0 didnt test it again, but assume issue is the same..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A320FL met Tapatalk

kukom6

Jan 27, 2013
On 7.0 ETL works fine, anyway, I am not allowed to change the ssid in the work so I am not able to use wifi in the work :(

fpfish

May 28, 2018
Same problem

After a standard update of Samsung to Android 8.0 I have exactly the same problem with the Wifi network at work. Before the update everything was ok. The wifi network at work has Phase 2 authentication (MSCHAPV2). Maybe it also has something to do with that. Were you able to fix the problem? If not I would like to revert the update and go back to Android 7, but I don't know how to do that.

After oreo update, I have got a problem with WIFI. In my house everything is OK, but when I am at work, mobile phone connect to the wifi, internet works for a couple of minutes and after that, wifi has been marked with
exclamation mark and when I want to turn off wifi, click on the wifi switch and Settings not responding. When I click on wifi in the navigation bar, UI not responding. After that, I have to restart the phone. After the restart, wifi is turned off.

I have got stock oreo(ETL). I tried to root it or restore backups from google play and Samsung cloud but nothing work. Maybe the problem is that in the work we have 5Ghz wifi.

When I revert to stock NUGAT, everything works.

Any idea what could be a problem?

Vincss

Aug 4, 2011
I've got the same issue, I didn't find any way to solve it.
There is no option to force the use of 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz in this android version.
I didn't find a app to do it either.

Rainibergi

May 29, 2018
Same here. Following the update, I can use WLAN at home but not at work (exactly the same pattern as described in the initial posting). Very annoying.

kukom6

Jan 27, 2013
I wrote at Samsung support (czech support) and they told me that they don't have reported similar problem :D .. hm, it looks that the problem is there. Can you contact support too? Maybe, Samsung release the fix for it.

No, I didn't find any solution. But oreo didn't bring me any new feature, on the contrary, some useful features were deleted. Context menu which appears on long press icon doesn't contain app info. Forcing adaptable icon for Google apps is very annoying too because the google apps icons have the ugly border. I don't understand Google, they bring adaptable icons in the oreo but after one year, their icons still have the border.
So I revert to the Nugat which works perfectly for me. (For extending memory, I am using LINK2SD with SanDisk A1 certificated card)

danielmira

May 30, 2018
I have the exact same problem. When connected to work wifi network, I get exclamation mark on the wifi icon, then it all freezes, and the phone restarts. In some of those restarts I cannot even type my password to unblock the phone. I also cannot deactivate wifi, when I press the icons the system freezes.

isaacvanasselt

May 30, 2018
Same problem. Wifi at home no problem. Wifi at work (complex, multi-router, PEAP) is too difficult and phone hangs after showing the exclamation mark for some time.
Is everyone switching back to nougat? to be honest I'm not completely sure what the benefit of Oreo is, the net effect is negative for sure.

isaacvanasselt

May 30, 2018
other ROM for A320FL?

An update: A wipe of the cache disk did not work. I don't want to start resetting factory settings as that will cost too much time. The freezing and rebooting really only happens on the PEAP wifi network, containment is to just disable wifi and the phone is working fine. (for me)
Did anyone roll back to nougat? Is that a smooth process?
Are there any other ROMs for this A320FL that people are happy about?

Vincss

Aug 4, 2011
I've made a clean install with :
This firmware has version number PDA A320FLXXU2CRE3 and CSC A320FLDBT2CRD4. The operating system of this firmware is Android 8.0.0 , with build date Wed, 30 May 2018 05:37:04 +0000. Security patch date is 2018-06-01, with changelist 13368006.

And it's fixed. :)

Reactions: kukom6

djmegabass

Jan 30, 2010
Same problem here. Wifi disconnects and dont automaticaly connect. so I have 4g all the time consuming data.
Only solution is turn off wifi and turn back.
But after a few minutes it´s disconnected again

Annoyed_2018

Jun 6, 2018
I have the same problems. I have done a factory reset and also used safe mode. These did not solve the problem.

As with other users, the problem only occurs on my work wifi. As long as I get my phone to never connect to that particular network it works fine. That is not the solution though. We need a patch on the operating system to fix this.

Vincss

Aug 4, 2011
As I told two post upper, the bug is fixed with the patch : Security patch date is 2018-06-01

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This firmware has version number PDA A320FLXXU2CRE3 and CSC A320FLDBT2CRD4. The operating system of this firmware is Android 8.0.0 , with build date Wed, 30 May 2018 05:37:04 +0000. Security patch date is 2018-06-01, with changelist 13368006.

thx bro, you made my day :)
    solved

For me with the patch (rolled out 2 days ago), it seems fixed, did not have the problem anymore so far.