A50 not sending bit perfect audio over USB out

Search This thread

Apple740

Jul 30, 2012
Got myself a new headphone amp/dac (Xduoo X5 plus), which has a display where you can read the samplerate of the connected source device over USB, in this case the A50 is the source. I noticed that the A50 doesn't send a bit perfect (original 44khz) audio signal but an upscaled 192khz one.
It shouldn't do that by default. I tried my old Galaxy S5 and this one does it right, it sends 44khz.

In the A50 menu there is a hi-res setting but this doesn't affect usb audio, only the internal da converter.

Apple740

Jul 30, 2012
This seems to be an Android bug/issue with all USB-C devices.
Android only sends 192khz over USB-C. :rolleyes:

jnolanmobile

May 26, 2022
Got myself a new headphone amp/dac (Xduoo X5 plus), which has a display where you can read the samplerate of the connected source device over USB, in this case the A50 is the source. I noticed that the A50 doesn't send a bit perfect (original 44khz) audio signal but an upscaled 192khz one.
It shouldn't do that by default. I tried my old Galaxy S5 and this one does it right, it sends 44khz.

Apple740, do yourself a favor & look up the Shannon-Nyquist Theorem. 44.1 kHz is already 2.05 kHz beyond the hearing range of all but the most rare of youngsters and I doubt you're in your early teens. You don't need 24 bit for mere playback, either... unless you want that 100+ dB it provides to permanently give you a nice case of tinnitus.

I don't recommend tinnitus.