NoThrills A510 Unofficial CyanogenMod 10
version 2012-09-17, built from source
version 2012-09-17, built from source
JellyBean for your tablet! Unfortunately, I was not the first to release this... While I was working on it, BenEtNath released his CM10 build, and will forever be recognized as the first developer to bring JellyBean to the Iconia Tab 510 tablets. In future, I'm sure we'll merge our projects, but for now it's fun to learn for the both of us!
Here's what's in this ROM:
- Multi-language support: All the languages Android offers are available in this ROM. There are too many to list!
- ThrillsKernel (experimental): Click here for full details on the kernel.
- Rooted: SU (3.1.1), BusyBox (1.20.2) and SuperUser (3.1.3) installed by default.
- Fully Deodexed: Both system apps and system framework.
- Zipaligned: For better RAM usage.
- /etc/init.d support: Allows you to run your own scripts or mods on boot.
- AGPS Patch applied and LTO downloadservice installed: This should get you a faster satellite lock.
- Ad-blocking HOSTS file: Makes your browsing experience faster and less annoying.
- Various performance tweaks: Yes, even CyanogenMod can be improved!.
- Step 0:
Check this thread to see if you can help the community before you let us help you!
- Step 1:
If you don't have it already, install my CWM-Based Recovery.
- Step 2:
Download the ROM from this post, extract the .RAR files and put the .ZIP file on your internal or external SD Card.
- Step 3:
Start Recovery by powering down your device, holding the Volume down (**) button and turning it on again.
- Step 4:
Make a Nandroid Backup. I can't stress this enough. Select backup and restore and choose one of the backup options.
- Step 5:
This step is optional, but recommended when you first install this ROM. Select wipe data/factory reset. Note that this will wipe everything from your data partition, including downloaded apps and settings. Files on your internal or external SD Card are safe.
- Step 6:
Install this ROM by choosing install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from sdcard or choose zip from external sdcard.
- Step 7:
Wait for the installation to finish (this takes a few minutes). Spend your time reading the text below these installation instructions!
- Step 8:
Select reboot system now, and enjoy!
Please read the following carefully before installing this ROM:
- I am not responsible for anything you do to your tablet. Whatever you do, you do it at your own risk!
- This ROM is pre-rooted.
- This ROM does not contain Google Apps, as this is prohibited by the AOSP license. Read below on how to get Google apps, don't use any generic installer!
- First boot (after the automatic reboot) will take a while (5 minutes is no exception). Just be patient, it will boot faster next time.
- When the tablet has completed booting for the first time, give it another few minutes to get 'up to speed'. It should be much faster after about 5 minutes.
- Want themes? Get them somewhere else! I probably don't like your taste, you probably don't like mine. So why pretend? Use this ROM as your base and start theming yourself!
- Want mods? Your ideas might be good in your situation, they probably aren't in mine. Again, use this ROM as your base and start modding yourself!
- Found bugs? Let me know! Although I can't promise I'll be able to fix them all, at least I will try.
- Want to use this ROM as base for your own? Go ahead, make my day. But do credit me with a link to this thread, so people can also taste my flavorless contraptions.
- Want to give me your first born baby? I'd rather not have that, but if you really want to give me something: Either click the 'Donate to me' button on the left, or simply hit the 'Thanks' button on this post.
See second post.
- NoThrills CyanogenMod 10 20120917 (mirror) (mirror)
(MD5 for the .ZIP file: 074f81852d1a1641a499eb0821177192)
The Google Apps are not included in this ROM. Also, because Acer partitioned our device with only 344MB for system files, we're running out of space with JellyBean builds. To remedy this, I have crafted a Google Apps package custom-made for my CyanogenMod 10 build. It will install most of the files to the FlexROM, leaving you with about 90MB space on the system partition.
This package installs the Play Store, Facelock, Gmail, YouTube, Google Maps, Street View, Google+, Talk, VoiceSearch (Google Now), and Talkback.
Note: Don't use this installer on other ROMs, and don't use other Google Apps installers on this ROM. It will mess things up!