Question A52S 5G (SM-A528B) Unlock bootloader camera failed

Search This thread

jmbnus

Mar 5, 2022
Dude, dude, dude.... I'm not the one jumping into every other rooting thread asking people why they felt the need to create a guide or trying to convince people to use your guide instead. You have a clear need for Internet validation and you seem addicted to xda so you aren't the most suited to talk about mental disorders.

But ok, let's say I got a mental disorder as well. That still doesn't explain why you kept talking to me on this thread about rooting when I didn't ask how to root my phone in one single comment of the thread.

It's OK if you wonder why I want to unlock the bootloader but not root my phone yet. If you would have asked politely I would have tell you u that I have my own reasons, but asking politely is out of your limits so you rather reply explaining how to root the phone despite I didn't ask that question on this thread, smh...
Then when I told you to read again because I didn't ask how to root my A52s, rather than accepting that you were wrong you decided to go ahead to criticise my writing style....

Who are you to criticise your writing style? Didn't you notice that your posts and even your how to root thread is a hot mess?
Dude, it should have cross your mind that if several users wrote how they rooted their phone after you created your guide (some of them did it even on the same thread you created) that could be due to your poor communication skills.

Last but not least, I'm not here to fight yous. This isn't your place and I didn't event you know exist when I came here.

I also didn't know you'd be on every post commenting or checking why others got thanked on your thread but I'll tell you why :
You are too predictable. I knew that having users on your own thread explaining how they rooted their phone and seeing how they get thanks for it would bother you so much that you would even remember who gave him thanks. I thanked him on purpose to make you realise that I own you. You don't need to say it out loud, but deep down you know I owned you.
In any case, the most important thing for you to do is to get out more and stop trying so hard to get recognition on this site

Lyolokocsi

Mar 31, 2022
There is no question mark but it's clearly the same as a question and as a request and this is a confirmation of your mental disorder ! ^^
The man clearly does not want to root, nor has asked how to root. Let him go.

Anyway, to stay on topic, I have noticed that by unlocking the bootloader, people are getting varied results with how the cameras may or may not work. Like, there were some people here with all cameras working after unlocking. I also got a different result, with all back cameras working, but not the front camera. I have not yet found anyone else on this forum with these results.

Any idea about what could cause these differences?

P.S.: This was a few days ago, I have since relocked my bootloader. I may be willing to unlock it again, though, if asked.

jmbnus

Mar 5, 2022
Anyway, to stay on topic, I have noticed that by unlocking the bootloader, people are getting varied results with how the cameras may or may not work. Like, there were some people here with all cameras working after unlocking. I also got a different result, with all back cameras working, but not the front camera. I have not yet found anyone else on this forum with these results.
You were not the only one. I'm testing several things so I had to unlock and re-lock my bootloader several times.

For me the rear camera always shows the error on the first attempt but it runs successfully after closing and reopening the app. Meanwhile with the front camera I had different results several times:
  • one day nothing I had the error as soon as I switched to the front camera
  • another day I only had the error once I switched to front camera portrait mode (front camera normal mode as ok)
  • and today for instance I don't even have the error at all
Each one of three different results were experience after three different re-locking & unlocking 'sessions'.

That's why it's a bit self-centred to think that because for me it's fine then it's because you do something wrong. Not sure why different people have different results even with the same A52s variant....

It'd be nice to know if Galaxy Z Fold 3 users stopped getting those camera issues due to unlocking the bootloader after several ROM updates or if it's something device dependent regardless of how many ROM/OS updates the phone had.

Stonos

May 31, 2011
I want to purchase the phone, but not having a usable camera while the bootloader is unlocked is a deal-breaker for me.

What's the status of this? From what I read above, installing Magisk + LSPosed + SafetyNetFix fixes the camera issue, but I have some questions before I pull the trigger:
  • For those whose camera did not work with an unlocked bootloader, did the above fix the issue?
  • Does it work with OneUI 4.1 (Android 12)?
  • Does the camera work with third-party apps (Instagram, Whatsapp, etc)?
  • How reliable is the camera? From what I understand, the first time you try to use the rear camera, you get an error, and then you have to relaunch the camera app, and it'll work. The front camera seems to be hit-or-miss according to the post above me.
  • And a bonus, general question: How satisfied are you with the phone? Do you regret buying it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i had the same issue after unlocking the BL, had to relock it again to get the camera to work.
    I unlocked the bootloader of my galaxy a52s 5g (SM-528B)
    But the camera doesn't work on any application anymore it's a complete block and when I patch the boot.img with magisk I have a boot loop someone has the same problem or knows how to fix this?

1632054366878.png
    I unlocked the bootloader of my galaxy a52s 5g (SM-528B)
    But the camera doesn't work on any application anymore it's a complete block and when I patch the boot.img with magisk I have a boot loop someone has the same problem or knows how to fix this?

View attachment 5413839
    It seems it's a common behavior between newest samsung devices. Look at this video:
    Good phone overall, but let down by manufacturer's restrictions. Like the Realme GT.
    Did you get any message like "camera will not function" while in bootloader unlock menu?I bought this phone but if something like this is present then I will cancel,better to buy some other thing.