• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

A6+ (A605FN PHE) SuperUser with Magisk

josemaesra

Sep 13, 2010
Córdoba
ONLY FOR A605FN,
ATTENTION,
this method is no longer the best option,
for root A6 + I recommend following the ashyx tutorial in the following post:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-a6/development/recovery-twrp-3-2-3-1-galaxy-a6-a605-t3868598

1 - Backup your files.
2 - Flash this patchet boot.img with ODIN -
Download for A605FN (A605FNXXU1ARE2 PHE)
Download for A605FN (A605FNXXU2ARG2 PHE)
3 - When reboot your device automatic restore (dont worry,remember step 1).
4 - Install Magisk.apk and SuperUser working.

THANKS TO MAGISK FOR THE NEW ROOT METHOD WITHOUT RECOVERY

If I have helped you, invite me to a beer by clicking HERE.

Last edited:

an-_-dro

Dec 28, 2012
Los Fabulous
1 - Backup your files.
2 - Flash this patchet boot.img with ODIN - Download for A605FN.
Download for A605G
3 - When reboot your device automatic restore (dont worry,remember step 1).
4 - Install Magisk.apk and SuperUser working.

tried on A605FNXXU1ARE2
so, i just simply flash the boot.img, restart normally then instal supersu? need more detail steps and explanations :D

3 - When reboot your device automatic restore (dont worry,remember step 1). >> what;s mean remember step 1??

Last edited:

josemaesra

Sep 13, 2010
Córdoba
so, i just simply flash the boot.img, restart normally then instal supersu? need more detail steps and explanations :D

3 - When reboot your device automatic restore (dont worry,remember step 1). >> what;s mean remember step 1??
After flashing the boot image the device is restored and all personal files are deleted,
that's why it's important to remember step 1.:good:

Andrianovaldi

Apr 13, 2016
[
After flashing the boot image the device is restored and all personal files are deleted,
that's why it's important to remember step 1.:good:
I already try boot.img for SM-A605G and get error not_dev bla bla, and i try boot.img for A605FN and sucessfully flashed and after reboot it say verification failed and must factory reset then i factory reset and succses untill homescreen, then i try acces twrp with volume up + down + power and show error u only official binary allowed to boot bla bla??

josemaesra

Sep 13, 2010
Córdoba
[

I already try boot.img for SM-A605G and get error not_dev bla bla, and i try boot.img for A605FN and sucessfully flashed and after reboot it say verification failed and must factory reset then i factory reset and succses untill homescreen, then i try acces twrp with volume up + down + power and show error u only official binary allowed to boot bla bla
Currently there is no TWRP for A6 +,
this method is only to have superuser permissions.

After the factory reset only install Magisk.apk and you will have Superuser.:good:

Andrianovaldi

Apr 13, 2016

After the factory reset only install Magisk.apk and you will have Superuser.:good:
Ah i see, so after i factory reset and succesfully show homescreen i just install magisk.apk and done? Pfff now i must wait 7days or 14 days again too do it again?

an-_-dro

Dec 28, 2012
Los Fabulous

only magisk or superSU will work also? im not really like magisk for those complicated, superSU lot simple.

Ah i see, so after i factory reset and succesfully show homescreen i just install magisk.apk and done? Pfff now i must wait 7days or 14 days again too do it again
bro, u're from indonesia right? your handset 6+ A605G/DS? the one which is working is img for A605FN?
which version f/w your currently on? i'm on ARG1.

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone