A7 2017 w/ Binary 9 - RMM State Unlock

Search This thread

nevertechdose

Sep 18, 2019
San Salvador
I bought this phone from second hand, and sadly it had been officially updated to the latest Oreo firmware (A720FXXU9CSKA) so I'm now stuck with binary 9.

I have tried every and each method to enable OEM unlock in my dev options (date trick, MiracleBox and z3x procedures) to no avail :/

I was wondering if I'm really screwed up or if anyone can help me or if anyone has OEM unlocked with binary 9. Thanks for any info!

Reactions: domdes73$$

matkali

I bought this phone from second hand, and sadly it had been officially updated to the latest Oreo firmware (A720FXXU9CSKA) so I'm now stuck with binary 9.

I have tried every and each method to enable OEM unlock in my dev options (date trick, MiracleBox and z3x procedures) to no avail :/

I was wondering if I'm really screwed up or if anyone can help me or if anyone has OEM unlocked with binary 9. Thanks for any info!

https://www.xda-developers.com/fix-...y-s9-samsung-galaxy-s8-samsung-galaxy-note-8/

nevertechdose

Sep 18, 2019
San Salvador
It finally worked!

Dear lord, I'm finally on Lineage OS. My life is complete now!

I found some steps here. In summary, flashing latest firmware for your binary and then following the steps (verbatim) included in the link did the trick for me. It looks like the date trick works but you need to first set it 10 days behind, then after first reboot set it 10 days ahead, and after the other reboot add it up to 8 days.

After that if you don't see OEM unlock under developer options, give it a day or so and it will eventually show up! By the way, the steps were shared by the user "nacho2018" so make sure to check that info out.

I'm so freaking happy right now lol hope this helps somebody. I really had lost any hope; this is surely the hardest Android device I have ever worked on...

Last edited:

matkali

Dear lord, I'm finally on Lineage OS. My life is complete now!

I found some steps here. In summary, flashing latest firmware for your binary and then following the steps (verbatim) included in the link did the trick for me. It looks like the date trick works but you need to first set it 10 days behind, then after first reboot set it 10 days ahead, and after the other reboot add it up to 8 days.

After that if you don't see OEM unlock under developer options, give it a day or so and it will eventually show up! By the way, the steps were shared by the user "nacho2018" so make sure to check that info out.

I'm so freaking happy right now lol hope this helps somebody. I really had lost any hope; this is surely the hardest Android device I have ever worked on...

can you explain in more details!

nevertechdose

Sep 18, 2019
San Salvador

For this to work, you must flash the oldest firmware available for your binary version through ODIN.

IMPORTANT: Make sure your SIM card is not inserted before flashing firmware.

How do I know what's my binary version?
Answer below, quoted from a post by @corsicanu on his RMM state issue thread:

You can find out what bl/modem rev you have by checking the current build number of your current rom. Let's take A520FXXU7CRL8 - in this build number 7 is the revision, leave other numbers and letters for some other time. To be able to flash older firmware it must be same revision, or odin will fail. Search on the firmware related websites for older fw of your phone/region that has that same revision. So for the device mentioned before A520FXXU7CRHA is the oldest fw that can be flashed.

Once the firmware has been flashed, follow these steps:

1. Skip everything on the first boot setup including WiFi settings (you'll connect to the Internet later)
  2. Enable developer options and disable automatic system updates from there
  3. Connect to a WiFi network and go to software update under settings and disable automatic software update
  4. Go to date and time settings and select for the time to be set manually. Set the date to be 10 days BEHIND from your current date
  5. Go to developer options and turn it off (click on the right top corner toggle)
  6. Now go to software update and check for a manual update, after result is shown restart your device. IMPORTANT: After the phone has rebooted, your date and time should be reset to the current time automatically
  7. Go to date and time again but this time set it to be 10 days AHEAD, then check for software update one more time and reboot once finished
  8. After reboot, go to date and time and add 8 more days AHEAD (you should be 18 days ahead of your actual date at this point) and perform a software update check once again and restart your phone
  9. As a last step after the final reboot, enable developer options again and OEM unlock should be available!
If this didn't work for you at first try, wait a day or two for the toggle to show up. If you still don't see OEM unlock after those 48 hours, start over and try again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fandroid Tech

Lusorocaba

Nov 18, 2015
For this to work, you must flash the oldest firmware available for your binary version through ODIN.

1. Skip everything on the first boot setup including WiFi settings (you'll connect to the Internet later)
  3. Connect to a WiFi network and go to software update under settings and disable automatic software update
  4. Go to date and time settings and select for the time to be set manually. Set the date to be 10 days BEHIND from your current date
  5. Go to developer options and turn it off (click on the right top corner toggle)
  6. Now go to software update and check for a manual update, after result is shown restart your device. IMPORTANT: After the phone has rebooted, your date and time should be reset to the current time automatically
  7. Go to date and time again but this time set it to be 10 days AHEAD, then check for software update one more time and reboot once finished
  8. After reboot, go to date and time and add 8 more days AHEAD (you should be 18 days ahead of your actual date at this point) and perform a software update check once again and restart your phone
  9. As a last step after the final reboot, enable developer options again and OEM unlock should be available!
If this didn't work for you at first try, wait a day or two for the toggle to show up. If you still don't see OEM unlock after those 48 hours, start over and try again.

Firmware in newer or older

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

The first time you ask to delay 10 days and the second time to delay it again for another 10 days.

shaybaby79

Dec 12, 2023

I've been going out of my mind for days with this and I tried everything listed but it won't let me skip wifi settings so it updates now i'm at a loss for what else I can do

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can find out what bl/modem rev you have by checking the current build number of your current rom. Let's take A520FXXU7CRL8 - in this build number 7 is the revision, leave other numbers and letters for some other time. To be able to flash older firmware it must be same revision, or odin will fail. Search on the firmware related websites for older fw of your phone/region that has that same revision. So for the device mentioned before A520FXXU7CRHA is the oldest fw that can be flashed.