A70 vs Oneplus 6T

Search This thread

manus31

May 7, 2016
I have already been ridiculed for trying to compare the 6T to the a50,but the a70 looks to be a better match up

Thinking of changing my 6T this summer

Perhaps for a OnePlus 7,
Any thoughts on the a70

It will be cheaper but is it too big ?

CyberOvca

Aug 15, 2016
I have already been ridiculed for trying to compare the 6T to the a50,but the a70 looks to be a better match up

Thinking of changing my 6T this summer

Perhaps for a OnePlus 7,
Any thoughts on the a70

It will be cheaper but is it too big ?

Why exactly are you getting rid of your 6T? It's overall a great device and can easily last you for another year or even more? :confused:

manus31

May 7, 2016
Still One plus 6T is best than A70. if u r planning to go with A70 then its not advisable when compared to 6T.

Reasons to go a70

Better display
6.7 inch screen
Bigger Battery,4500mah with 25 watt quick charge
SD card Support
Always On Display
Triple Camera
Better Cameras 32+8+5
32 mp front camera
Not confirmed but probably newer in screen fingerprint tech
Headphone jack
Improved brightness
Fm radio
Lower SAR values(if it bothers u)
One UI has more features but still close to stock

Against A70

Snapdragon 675
No oxygen OS nearly stock
Frequency of updates
OnePlus community

To sum up,thre are definitely reasons to go with the A70 and I'm seriously considering swapping my 6T for one when it comes out here next week. Im not a gamer at all on Android so do I need the Snapdragon 845,not at all.I could use all the features on the a70 though but may well stay with my 6T regardless.

Glotttis

Mar 2, 2013
Reasons to go a70

Better display
6.7 inch screen
Bigger Battery,4500mah with 25 watt quick charge
SD card Support
Always On Display
Triple Camera
Better Cameras 32+8+5
32 mp front camera
Not confirmed but probably newer in screen fingerprint tech
Headphone jack
Improved brightness
Fm radio
Lower SAR values(if it bothers u)
One UI has more features but still close to stock

Against A70

Snapdragon 675
No oxygen OS nearly stock
Frequency of updates
OnePlus community

To sum up,thre are definitely reasons to go with the A70 and I'm seriously considering swapping my 6T for one when it comes out here next week. Im not a gamer at all on Android so do I need the Snapdragon 845,not at all.I could use all the features on the a70 though but may well stay with my 6T regardless.

You make some good points and I agree with you. Regarding gaming I know you said you don't play them on the phone, but you shouldn't worry at all, A70 will play all the latest games no problem if you decide to play something. I tried some games on A50 and it had no problems running any, and A70 has even better specs!

manus31

May 7, 2016
You make some good points and I agree with you. Regarding gaming I know you said you don't play them on the phone, but you shouldn't worry at all, A70 will play all the latest games no problem if you decide to play something. I tried some games on A50 and it had no problems running any, and A70 has even better specs!

Yes I believe this is true,the 675 is a great chip.I used a device with 660 and there was no problems whatsoever, Processors these days are typically great above the 660,

Still on the fence about the a70 though,have been looking at the reviews,many point out issues with the cameras,front and back
Would need these to be great if I'm gonna swap my 6T which has been performing a lot better with Gcam

manus31

May 7, 2016
After much research and scouring the internet for reviews and insight,
I have decided not to go with the a70,although it is a capable and attractive device with many features,there are some downsides that would be too annoying to live with,

Most notably the in display fingerprint sensor which looks like it's first generation tech

And the camera not quite fullfilling it's potential in terms of megapixel stated and lack of stabilisation,

It would not be worth me giving up my 6T for this device,

I will continue to try and find a decent mid range device with good if not excellent camera and features the a70 have,

It may take another year actually but certainly the mid range section is getting better all the time

dannejanne

Mar 23, 2011
Örebro, Sweden
I have decided not to go with the a70,although it is a capable and attractive device with many features,there are some downsides that would be too annoying to live with,

Most notably the in display fingerprint sensor which looks like it's first generation tech

And the camera not quite fullfilling it's potential in terms of megapixel stated and lack of stabilisation,

I will continue to try and find a decent mid range device with good if not excellent camera and features the a70 have,

It may take another year actually but certainly the mid range section is getting better all the time
You're making the right decision I've had a 6T and A70 and the 6T has a much better camera specially in low light which is the real weak point of the A70. Megapixels are just numbers and doesn't say anything about camera quality. The camera and fingerprint sensor are the two weakest points of this phone. I didn't like the fingerprint reader even in the 6T as I found it annoying but this one is even worse and I rely on face unlock and only use fingerprints for authorization in banking apps etc. However screen is better and battery life is much better.

Reactions: manus31

NexusPenguin

Sep 21, 2013

Hi,

So far, I'd call that a really wise decision.

First, display is of course 6.7 inch... But with a 20:9 ratio, it looks tiny compared to the 6.9" of the mi Mix 3 I had before the A70.
Second, I seem to be allergic to AMOLED/SuperAMOLED technology. Display gets a really blue tint when tilted.
Third : battery life is real not on par with what I would expect from a 4500mAh battery.
Fourth : I am unable to use Super Fast Charging and I never had a device charging that slowly in the past 4 or 5 years...

Good I bought this device from Amazon and so can give it back within 30 days...

It is a disappointment, bercause on paper it had everything I am looking for.
Real life sometimes hits pretty hard :(

Regards.

manus31

May 7, 2016
Hi,

First, display is of course 6.7 inch... But with a 20:9 ratio, it looks tiny compared to the 6.9" of the mi Mix 3 I had before the A70.
Second, I seem to be allergic to AMOLED/SuperAMOLED technology. Display gets a really blue tint when tilted.
Third : battery life is real not on par with what I would expect from a 4500mAh battery.
Fourth : I am unable to use Super Fast Charging and I never had a device charging that slowly in the past 4 or 5 years...

Regards.
Yea,seems to be a bit of a disappointment overall for this phone,glad I didn't go for it,shame because on paper it seems ideal

OC-Freak

Sep 6, 2015
Klepp Stasjon
I'm getting great batterytime on mine.

But camera and fingerprint reader is not where it should be for the pricerange.
For example my Xiaomi MI 9 SE is cheaper and camera is way better, and fingerprint reader is also better, but like most in-screen readers it is still slow. But sure it lacks headphone jack and has shorter runtimes with its 3000mAh battery.

Overall the Mi 9 SE is a better phone for less money.

NexusPenguin

Sep 21, 2013
I'm getting great batterytime on mine.

But camera and fingerprint reader is not where it should be for the pricerange.
For example my Xiaomi MI 9 SE is cheaper and camera is way better, and fingerprint reader is also better, but like most in-screen readers it is still slow. But sure it lacks headphone jack and has shorter runtimes with its 3000mAh battery.

Overall the Mi 9 SE is a better phone for less money.

Hi,

Nice statement, but comparing a A70 and a mi9 SE is kind of pointless.
I don't think you can compare a 5.9" display phone with a 6.7" display phone.

Even if the rest is nearly identical.

Don't get me wrong.
I am a great Xiaomi fan.
If Xiaomi would have released a smartphone ABOVE 6.5" AND with a decent SoC, I would have gone for that immediatly.
But the only "phablet" in the Xiaomi range of products is the mi Max 3 (that I currently have) and that one does have a SD 636 and it has really horrible latency when you touch the display.

Regards.

Piamag

Jan 15, 2018
Hi,

Regards.

Are you sure you have enabled fast charging in settings? Battery / Settings / Fast Charging With Cable.
Just a thought, mine charges from 10% to 100 % in about an hour and a half.

James.Miller

May 5, 2013
Do remember that 25w charging is only enabled when the screen is off or the AOD is activated. Whenever the screen is on, even on the lockscreen, it'll be limited to 6w.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You're making the right decision I've had a 6T and A70 and the 6T has a much better camera specially in low light which is the real weak point of the A70. Megapixels are just numbers and doesn't say anything about camera quality. The camera and fingerprint sensor are the two weakest points of this phone. I didn't like the fingerprint reader even in the 6T as I found it annoying but this one is even worse and I rely on face unlock and only use fingerprints for authorization in banking apps etc. However screen is better and battery life is much better.