A71 not connecting/detecting 5ghz on WiFi (only 2.4ghz)

Search This thread

bebotette

Aug 10, 2018
Phone model: Samsung Galaxy A71 SM-A715F/DS
Recently updated to One UI 3.1, Android 11, Google play update March 1 2021

As the title says, my phone out of nowhere couldn't detect any 5ghz on wifi. I don't know how long this has been because I don't check what wifi I'm connected to. As long as I was connected, I wasn't worried. But today I discovered it's been connecting to the 2.4 band of my wifi.

We have lots of other devices in the house and all of them detect the 5ghz band. all of them have no connection issues with that. only this phone. I'm not sure if this has something to do with the recent update, but I have a feeling it's because of that.
Things I've already tried:
  1. Restarting the router.
  2. Restarting my phone several times.
  3. Restarting my phone in safe mode. still nada.
  4. Wiping cache partition in recovery mode.
  5. resetting network settings (using the reset option in settings)
  6. disabling vpns/adguards etc.
  7. enabling option in hotspot to prefer 5g bands.
All of them and still nothing. The only thing I haven't tried is doing hard reset or factory reset because I got lots of important stuff and settings already in my phone. I hope it won't get to that point.

Please help, seriously. Thanks very much!

Reactions: AJXeX

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 23, 2011
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Samsung Galaxy S10

As the title says, my phone out of nowhere couldn't detect any 5ghz on wifi. I don't know how long this has been because I don't check what wifi I'm connected to. As long as I was connected, I wasn't worried. But today I discovered it's been connecting to the 2.4 band of my wifi.

We have lots of other devices in the house and all of them detect the 5ghz band. all of them have no connection issues with that. only this phone. I'm not sure if this has something to do with the recent update, but I have a feeling it's because of that.
    All of them and still nothing. The only thing I haven't tried is doing hard reset or factory reset because I got lots of important stuff and settings already in my phone. I hope it won't get to that point.

Try to reflash the stock firmware again... Without doing a factory reset.
    Hopefully this can help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone