• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

AAWireless - General discussion and support

Search This thread

snako79

Nov 13, 2009
I don't like chargers, I don't like ugreen, I usually use baseus, but in cables, I always have ugreen, qgeem that is the same brand, and baseus, they are always all of good quality

I bought that one because I needed a short cable to be able to hide it well, and I bought that 25cm, although if I had found that model in 15-18cm I would have been better

icemam64

Dec 2, 2021
I'm new in this forum and didn't find a solution for my following issue yet. I have the issue, that my android phone connects to the AAwireless adapter when I'm in my home office (close to garage). So I can't answer incoming calls for example, as the phone is connected to the car. The USB port of the electric car is powered on whenever I'm charging the car. There is a "Start/Stop" option in the AAwireless app, but I don't see any effect if I enable this function. Is this a known issue? Any idea to solve or improve this situation?

My setting is:
Phone: Oneplus 8 pro
Android: 11
AAWireless V. 1.7.1
Car: Hyundai Ioniq 5

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
I'm new in this forum and didn't find a solution for my following issue yet. I have the issue, that my android phone connects to the AAwireless adapter when I'm in my home office (close to garage). So I can't answer incoming calls for example, as the phone is connected to the car. The USB port of the electric car is powered on whenever I'm charging the car. There is a "Start/Stop" option in the AAwireless app, but I don't see any effect if I enable this function. Is this a known issue? Any idea to solve or improve this situation?

My setting is:
Phone: Oneplus 8 pro
Android: 11
AAWireless V. 1.7.1
Car: Hyundai Ioniq 5
Use the alpha AAW app then Start/Stop will behave correctly: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ion-and-support.4247677/page-79#post-85600513

It's currently version 1.10.0-202108311238-develop-337e11e

icemam64

Dec 2, 2021
Thanks for the quick answer. I have checked the link but I don't understand. What is the alpha AAW app? Is this another version of the AAwireles App? How do I get this?

This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
I used it from last two months and in my opinion it is a very useful invention!

martin.armstrong

Feb 22, 2019
Use the alpha AAW app then Start/Stop will behave correctly: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ion-and-support.4247677/page-79#post-85600513

It's currently version 1.10.0-202108311238-develop-337e11e
I tried this version of the app yesterday and on a previous occasion but it can't seem to be able to communicate with the device to display/alter the settings or display the update status or perform an update. This is with firmware 1.5 and 1.7.1.

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
I tried this version of the app yesterday and on a previous occasion but it can't seem to be able to communicate with the device to display/alter the settings or display the update status or perform an update. This is with firmware 1.5 and 1.7.1.
Working great with 1.7.1 here on my OnePlus 8T and Hyundai Elantra 2018. 🤷‍♂️

I recall tapping the update notification to enter the app was pretty broken in alpha, but the fixed Start/Stop implementation more than makes up for it.

martin.armstrong

Feb 22, 2019
Working great with 1.7.1 here on my OnePlus 8T and Hyundai Elantra 2018. 🤷‍♂️

I recall tapping the update notification to enter the app was pretty broken in alpha, but the fixed Start/Stop implementation more than makes up for it.
After going back to the phone which was the first one I used with AAWireless and also installing the test version of the app there, I was able on that phone to change settings to activate start stop and display the update state. After doing this the start/stop on the AAWireless device appears to be working with both phones as a white light is displayed in both cases when testing it at home with a power supply. I had activated start/stop on the other phone using the standard app before switching back to the test app. I have yet to try it in the car but I will do that tomorrow.

Reactions: osm0sis

1qazwsx4

Sep 19, 2011
New Zealand
Is there a way to find out what the aawireless devices WiFi password is? More often that not, even when connecting via Bluetooth to aawireless, it then fails to connect to aawireless WiFi. You can have the device setup and functioning then the next drive it refuses to connect. Often the only way I'm able to get it connected is to connect via USB first then disconnect and then magically aawireless decides it wants to connect.

IMO if we could get our individual AAW WiFi password, setting up an automation in a certain sequence could fix alot of connection issues but atleast users could experiment instead of waiting for an official fix that very well may never happen for some devices/headunits.

So once more; Is there a way to find out what the aawireless devices WiFi password is?

Reactions: Michael in ATL

orangeyes

Jul 2, 2012
Many people have this problem too, I've personally had this bug since I changed my HU last year even with wired AA (phone is galaxy s10+), now the same with AAwireless, so I think this bug isn't because of AAwireless but AA and/or HU/phone. I already tried many things but still can't fix it because it's intermitten

I am also experiencing similar issues using Poco F3.
When I receive a call or make a call it restarts android auto conenction and switched the conversation on my smartwatch.

If i disable the call option on the smartwatch then when I receive a call/or make a call then AAwirelless will disconect and reconnect and the call will resume on the car's headunit. In the meantime I will have 5-6 secs of dead time while the other party already starts speaking.

I was not experiencing this a couple of months ago when I started using AAwirelss and the only thing that changed since then was the AA app I guess :/

Reactions: phoinix_gr

phoinix_gr

Mar 27, 2011
I am also experiencing similar issues using Poco F3.
When I receive a call or make a call it restarts android auto conenction and switched the conversation on my smartwatch.

If i disable the call option on the smartwatch then when I receive a call/or make a call then AAwirelless will disconect and reconnect and the call will resume on the car's headunit. In the meantime I will have 5-6 secs of dead time while the other party already starts speaking.

I was not experiencing this a couple of months ago when I started using AAwirelss and the only thing that changed since then was the AA app I guess :/
Hello,

I have exactly the same issue with Xiaomi Poco F3 (MIUI 12.5.6) and Seat Leon 5F 2019 Model.
When receiving or making a call android auto immediately disconnects.

With USB cable it works as expected.

I have contacted aaWireless support, but haven't received any useful response on this.
At this state, AA wireless is unusable for me.

Exactly the same issue here :-(

tarickd

Dec 6, 2021
Why AAWireless can't use existing Wifi access point instead of own one? I think this is not difficult to do. Very need this function.

Last edited:

yeonee

Jul 7, 2019
Hello?
The vehicle is an Audi A4 2018.
After updating Galaxy Z Flip3 to Android 12, sometimes the connection doesn't work properly.
The screen will blink or an exclamation point inside a triangle will appear.
How do I solve it?
Thank you in advance.
(Sorry in advance if the sentence is weird. Because it is a non-English speaking area, we use a translator. Your sentences can be weird.)

hocuspocus69

Nov 26, 2014
Is there a way to find out what the aawireless devices WiFi password is? More often that not, even when connecting via Bluetooth to aawireless, it then fails to connect to aawireless WiFi. You can have the device setup and functioning then the next drive it refuses to connect. Often the only way I'm able to get it connected is to connect via USB first then disconnect and then magically aawireless decides it wants to connect.

IMO if we could get our individual AAW WiFi password, setting up an automation in a certain sequence could fix alot of connection issues but atleast users could experiment instead of waiting for an official fix that very well may never happen for some devices/headunits.

So once more; Is there a way to find out what the aawireless devices WiFi password is?
after connected simply share the connection on miui you have a QRcode that you can read with some app...
or if you're rooted search wifipassword show on playstore

SOFO888

Jan 28, 2013
I'm using the AAWireless now since end of October and after some issue with the installation of one of both AAWireless I have really no problems. I only had no connection 2 times in this time. That's all. All in all just perfect.

1qazwsx4

Sep 19, 2011
New Zealand
after connected simply share the connection on miui you have a QRcode that you can read with some app...
or if you're rooted search wifipassword show on playstore
I had tried that but it doesn't work, it's like it's not being treated as a WiFi connection. It requires a "new handshake" every time you connect via Bluetooth to AAW. If you're away from your car, go into your WiFi settings and it won't be in your list of remembered WiFi networks - well it's not for me anyways.

My AAW is functioning perfectly after the last android auto update but I'm unable to patch and used 3rd party apps like obd2aa which sadly is my main reason for using it. Hopefully this will get intergratted somehow someday (custom apps)

hocuspocus69

Nov 26, 2014
I had tried that but it doesn't work, it's like it's not being treated as a WiFi connection. It requires a "new handshake" every time you connect via Bluetooth to AAW. If you're away from your car, go into your WiFi settings and it won't be in your list of remembered WiFi networks - well it's not for me anyways.

My AAW is functioning perfectly after the last android auto update but I'm unable to patch and used 3rd party apps like obd2aa which sadly is my main reason for using it. Hopefully this will get intergratted somehow someday (custom apps)
Probably you're right for remembered wifi but i know my password wifi using share qrcode than screenshoot and read through qrcode reader...you need to be in your car and connected!

Top Liked Posts

how about fixing random reconnets from people with samung galaxay s XX devices? @Snirpo

Yup, bumping the question:) As I've wrote earlier on this thread - on my S20 and S9 I am getting my AAW restarting after connecting to my VW's dash. Checked in two VW cars with the same result. Works just fine in Mazda tho (or at least does not crash right away - did not make any long run on this car).

cheers
    y666
    Any fix on the horizon for phone calls not being routed through car speakers? Works fine when using the cable.

Firmware 1.8
    Pixel 5a Android 12 stock
    Kenwood DDX9704
    Latest companion app
    I successfully disabled everything using BlueTask a Tasker task that springs into action whenever I connect to my car.
    Can you try disabling everything using BlueTask and see if it's any better ?
    Thanks for the idea. I couldn't get Blue Task to control my Huawei watch 2, kept getting an error in Tasker. I did however use Autowesr successfully to disconnect and reconnect my watch from my phone. That seems to have solved the problem with playing the call through my speakers.
    Thanks for the idea. I couldn't get Blue Task to control my Huawei watch 2, kept getting an error in Tasker. I did however use Autowesr successfully to disconnect and reconnect my watch from my phone. That seems to have solved the problem with playing the call through my speakers.
    That's good news. Glad to have been of some help. 🙂
    @Emil Borconi @Snirpo, not sure if this is on your radar yet, but your alpha app expires on Firebase in 7 days, so you'll either have to reupload it as a "new" release or rehost it elsewhere.

Thanks for the head up! Last half year has been well... Pardon my words, utter sh*t. Juggling with components, mistakes from the Chinese side, mistakes from our side. So sadly there has been very little to no work on the app. In general the current Play Store app works fine. One reason the alpha app hasn't been released yet is because of the start / stop mechanism being not good enough. Getting it to work correctly on all phones is tricky. And getting it to work all the time is even trickier. Also in Android 12, Google changed stuff which makes it even more tricky (they removed car mode).
    Anyways, it seems the Motorola dongle uses another way to start up Android Auto, which is like a built in AA start / stop mode. We are figuring out how to get this working. That will be way better then us trying to hack around Android limitations.
    Also apart from the start / stop mode we are working on a 2.0 companion app, with a refreshed UI. I expect we can release it soon.
    Hello,

I've recently acquired one of these AAWireless units and it has mostly been plug and play with my car (which is great), but have noticed some latency in audio and maps navigation.

Oneplus 8 Pro
    Subaru Impreza 2017 Stock Headunit (Starlink) - AUS
    AAW FW: 1.8
    AAW Device: AAWireless-W2fzdMM7

The device only connects to my headunit in MTP plus retry mode (any other mode causes Android Auto to endlessly spin looking for the AAW unit).

Spotify streaming works (albeit with occasional music jumps every few seconds), Plex music streaming stops after 10 seconds with the phone showing "error playing content" and Google Maps has about a 2 second delay in navigation readouts (using the cable to the same phone in the same car does not present any of these issues).

I've tried submitting a bug report, however it seems to cause the AAW unit to reboot as the headunit loses AA connectivity. The app suggests to press the AA button on the headunit in the car but this option is not available after selecting 'submit bug report'.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. :)

EDIT: I have also tried with passthrough mode enabled and that made no difference.
    @Emil Borconi @Snirpo, not sure if this is on your radar yet, but your alpha app expires on Firebase in 7 days, so you'll either have to reupload it as a "new" release or rehost it elsewhere.

I noticed this also was really hoping for an app update by now it's been a long time. Really need pick your device setting since my wife and I are both in a car a lot at the same time it never works properly.
    Thanks for the head up! Last half year has been well... Pardon my words, utter sh*t. Juggling with components, mistakes from the Chinese side, mistakes from our side. So sadly there has been very little to no work on the app. In general the current Play Store app works fine. One reason the alpha app hasn't been released yet is because of the start / stop mechanism being not good enough. Getting it to work correctly on all phones is tricky. And getting it to work all the time is even trickier. Also in Android 12, Google changed stuff which makes it even more tricky (they removed car mode).
    Anyways, it seems the Motorola dongle uses another way to start up Android Auto, which is like a built in AA start / stop mode. We are figuring out how to get this working. That will be way better then us trying to hack around Android limitations.
    Also apart from the start / stop mode we are working on a 2.0 companion app, with a refreshed UI. I expect we can release it soon.
    how about fixing random reconnets from people with samung galaxay s XX devices? @Snirpo

Yup, bumping the question:) As I've wrote earlier on this thread - on my S20 and S9 I am getting my AAW restarting after connecting to my VW's dash. Checked in two VW cars with the same result. Works just fine in Mazda tho (or at least does not crash right away - did not make any long run on this car).

cheers
    y666
    This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
    I just want to leave a big THANK YOU for the developers! You invented a great product and do a great job here.

Anyone who has ordered the product knows that it is a crowdfunding project, which may also have teething problems. I find it cheeky to get upset about problems, even though they are dealt with promptly here. What more should the distributors do than react to the problems here and offer solutions?

I also have problems with the device, but I was helped quickly. Even if it takes a few days.

Dear team: Keep up the good work!
    We fixed the "VW Headunit crashing on skipping tracks" issue now completely. Confirmed it's a bug on the HU side, latency makes it worse. We will probably push a new firmware by the end of this week.
    I will also submit a bug report to Google, cause they can fix/workaround this issue as well for cabled users.
    I've already waited patiently for delivery 3 months more than expected - I ordered In April and was coming in June but now that's looking like October. Now I read on the indiegogo forum that people in the UK are being charged an additional €27 by the Royal mail as the UK is now not in the EU.

Hi Emil!
    Just received my AAWireless, and will plug in and test tonight. Love the packaging, looks great! However… Since it was shipped from Hong Kong I was forced to pay a rather substantial import fee and duties on this bad boy. I was under the impression that they would be shipped from within the EU? Is it stands now I’m EUR 27,00 poorer :(
    2 2
    https://www.indiegogo.com/individuals/24534862
    Emil Borconi-Szedressy 2 days ago
    PROJECT OWNER
    Looks like you are in the UK which is outside EU and also there is no way to pre-pay taxes with shipping company any more either....

This is a crazy. An additional $10 was already taken for delivery and it was meant to ship from the EU. I suspect the units have been shipped by Royal Mail / Dutch post. The Royal Mail rips off people in the UK because they add another £11 in admin fees on top of the 20% VAT even though goods up to £135 should be exempt.
    See https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...s-goods-sold-to-customers-from-1-january-2021

So not only has VAT been charged coming into the EU from China, it has also been charged coming into the UK ON TOP of the VAT already paid in the EU.

This is just rubbish. What the guys need to do is either ship it from Hong Kong which can cost £0.20 (there are hundreds of chinese ebay and aliexpress sellers doing this already
    See http://www.vatfraud.org/blog/stop-s...ons-universal-postal-union-upu-terminal-dues/
    The $10 postage already taken should then be refunded.

The other way round it is send the item from Hong Kong and to mark the item as a gift and providing it is below £39 there is NO VAT to pay and NO Royal mail admin fee. Actually as the original product was $57 - roughly £41.25 This wouldn't be a crime seeing as we have had to wait soo long. This could also mean the $10 delivery could be refunded

The other way is to ship it via fedex and state the ex-vat cost coming from china and then add 20% vat that the developer should be paying to the UK HMRC.

Sadly if that doesn't take place, EVERYONE IN THE UK will feel ripped off because of the poor delivery and poor choices made by the developers.

Cheers
    Disgruntled in the UK

First of all, your item wasn't shipped yet since in the June batch, so you could have not payed anything for shipping. Secondly, UK is outside the EU, there was a vote about this in 2016, so it doesn't matter if the package comes from EU or from HK or from US, it is treated the same, it's an import. If we import it from HK to EU, we will pay import VAT on the product, then when we send it to UK, we claim back that VAT and we should pay VAT in UK, since there is no more free trading between EU and UK.

Up till recently there was a nice option, to pay VAT and Import duty up-front, when you ship to the UK, but this has been changed and now they requires business outside UK to register with HMRC and do HMRC feeling even if they are residing outside UK, a lot of red tape. Since crowdfunding is not a sale, we can still ship the units to UK, but not sure if we will be able to after the IndieGoGo campaign.

We are also a EU registered company so we cannot (and will not take advantage) of any loop-holes in systems to sell at ridiculously / unrealistically cheap prices.

About the user who paid 27 euros, it turned out that user is living in DK, but provided the address as UK so his package traveled the wrong way, hence the extra duties and surcharges.

Not aware of other users from UK having to pay anything additional when they received the package.
    Hello. What's new in 1.5?
    A full changelog for each release would really be appreciated :)
    Thanks for all the hard work!
    Yes, I'll write a full changelog next week from 1.0.0 to 1.5.0 and put it on GitHub + add a link in the app.