AAWireless - General discussion and support

Search This thread

jesus4c

Apr 21, 2011
Brisbane
I have a 2016 Mazda MX-5 (Miata) and my phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra (Android Version 12. One UI Version 4.0). AA (V7.1.614574-release) works perfectly when my phone is plugged directly into the USB port.

When I plug the AAWireless unit into the car my phone Wi-Fi connects to AAWireless, which then starts with a steady green LED and then changes to flashing green. Whilst flashing green, the message on my phone is 'Looking for Android Auto'. The AAWireless unit then briefly flashes blue and the phone message changes to 'Connected to your car' before immediately returning to the green flashing LED and the 'looking for Android Auto' message. It continues in that loop until I turn the car off. All of this happens regardless of whether my phone is also connected directly to the car via bluetooth or not.

There is a 2nd USB port available. I believe this one has less power than the first which is there specifically to facilitate AA. When plugged into the 2nd less powerful USB port, the AAWireless unit connects to both Wi-Fi AND bluetooth and I get an AA message saying 'connected to your car'. AAWireless has a steady blue light. But there is a 2nd message on the phone saying 'Looking for Android Auto' which continues looking. When I check the car's head unit, there is no option available to connect to AA.

I have 'wireless Android Auto' enabled in AA settings, as well as 'add wireless projection to settings' from the AA Developer Settings. And I have disconnected my VPN and have only 1 User Profile on the phone. 'Add new cars to Android Auto' has been enabled in AA Settings. 'Request Video Focus on Startup' has been replaced with 'Start Android Automatically' in Android 12 and has been set to 'Always'.

I have also tried changing AAWireless settings in the app - USB Mode to Direct and enabled Passthrough. This didn't help so I've changed them back.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

brettylight

Aug 26, 2021
Is anyone running AAWireless on a Toyota 4unner? I have a 2021 with the premium JBL 8in system. My experience has been very hit-or-miss. Some days the device works fine, other days I get so frustrated I have to revert back to wired.

My main issues are constant audio skipping and random disconnects. The audio skipping has not been resolved through various firmware updates and setting changes. 2.4ghz helps a little but doesn't fix it. The disconnects are completely random and it seems as though AAWireless is losing the connection to my headunit as the indicator on AAWIreless stays blue. I've tried all of the USB modes and various cables.

If anyone is running the same combination, would you mind sharing your experience?

At this point I might give some of the other options a try and pick whatever works best for my situation.

x10isrooted

Jun 23, 2010
I have the second gen aawireless hardware and a galaxy s20 5g with snapdragon with 12GB RAM. aawireless is on 1.8.0

its weird because after 30mins or so it starts to have dropouts when music is played via samsung music. i thought first that this is maybe caused due to interferences by other cars standing next to me on a red sign. Because then it always started. But after rethinking that its rather that after 30mins its starting to have dropouts regarless if other cars are around or not. if i power off aawireless and let it reconnect then its fine again for some time. Forced it already to 2,4GHz but it was the same. other settings are default.

Car is a Opel Corsa F (manufactured by PSA) with a Infotainment developed by Bosch. connected via cable i have no issues at all with AndroidAuto.

its really annoying and i'm already thinking about buying Carsify or the new motorola Android Auto dongle.

Last edited:

domi1066

Jul 10, 2017
I have the second gen aawireless hardware and a galaxy s20 5g with snapdragon with 12GB RAM. aawireless is on 1.8.0

its weird because after 30mins or so it starts to have dropouts when music is played via samsung music. i thought first that this is maybe caused due to interferences by other cars standing next to me on a red sign. Because then it always started. But after rethinking that its rather that after 30mins its starting to have dropouts regarless if other cars are around or not. if i power off aawireless and let it reconnect then its fine again for some time. Forced it already to 2,4GHz but it was the same. other settings are default.

Car is a Opel Corsa F (manufactured by PSA) with a Infotainment developed by Bosch. connected via cable i have no issues at all with AndroidAuto.

its really annoying and i'm already thinking about buying Carsify or the new motorola Android Auto dongle.
hello, i have Peugeot 2008 (PSA) with RCC (Bosch) multimédia.
I'd followed these instructions gived by cpeb.freshdesk.com (AAwirless support)

follow the steps below:
- Reset the device and unplug it afterwards
- Clear all app data from and uninstall the AAWireless app
- Clear all cache and data from AA and Play services
- Remove the Bluetooth connection from AAWireless
- Remove all phone mirroring/Android/AAWireless history from your car
- Restart your car
- Restart your phone
- Go to the AA settings on your phone and enable developer mode, check add wireless Projection to Settings
- Plug your phone into the car with a cable and allow it to connect and run through the initial settings
- Unplug your phone
- Plug in the AAWireless unit
- Download and install the AAWireless app again and go through its initial connection again.

That's had help for me...

SOFO888

Jan 28, 2013
@Emil Borconi
@Snirpo
I want to downgrade to Android Auto 6.8 as this release was a lot more stable than the recent versions. Unfortunately Android Auto checks through Google Play Store if Android Auto needs an update. Without update it is not possible to start Android Auto.
Therefore I patched the Android Auto apk with LuckyPatcher which means that Android Auto gets a new signature. With the patched version Android Auto does not start on the headunit (on the phone it works fine).

Therefore my question is:
How strict is the software of the AAWireless device concerning the Android Auto version on the phone? Is there any possibility to make the Android Auto check through the AAWireless device less strict? Thank you very much.

x10isrooted

Jun 23, 2010
hello, i have Peugeot 2008 (PSA) with RCC (Bosch) multimédia.
I'd followed these instructions gived by cpeb.freshdesk.com (AAwirless support)

follow the steps below:
- Reset the device and unplug it afterwards
- Clear all app data from and uninstall the AAWireless app
- Clear all cache and data from AA and Play services
- Remove the Bluetooth connection from AAWireless
- Remove all phone mirroring/Android/AAWireless history from your car
- Restart your car
- Restart your phone
- Go to the AA settings on your phone and enable developer mode, check add wireless Projection to Settings
- Plug your phone into the car with a cable and allow it to connect and run through the initial settings
- Unplug your phone
- Plug in the AAWireless unit
- Download and install the AAWireless app again and go through its initial connection again.

That's had help for me...
Thanks they told me this as well but it does not fix anything. Its still the same. I was rather expecting that they could check the logs why this happens than such a copy paste answer.

But what i remember is that when i used their app to first install aawireless it said in the an error happened at the end of the install process. but in the menu of the app the device was properly added so i simply pulled the usb cable of aawireless and reconnected. everything was then fine. it displayed it properly on the unit. i only still have the dropouts when playing music as described above.

carthorisJ

Jan 17, 2022
Hi, I am an AAWireless beta tester and have been helping test the device.

I have four phones that I use with AAWireless.

Samsung Galaxy S20 5G [Android 11]
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G [Android 11]
Moto G Power (2020) [Android 10]
LG Q7+ [Android 9]

I have a 2020 Hyundai Palisade with the 10.25 inch head unit.

I may be able to help with questions that you may have here.

LeRoy
I switched from Pixel 2 to Pixel 6

Reset the cached data in Android Auto
Deleted the bluetooth connection
Reset the AAwireless device with a paper clip.
Tried to connect both with the app and/or the bluetooth from the phone.
It discovers the device
It kind of connects but the Android Auto in the car does not start so the step of choosing AA in the car's headset cannot be done.

the car with Android Auto does work with directly connected to the port.

Just cannot use the AAwirelesss anymore which is upsetting.

carthorisJ

Jan 17, 2022
I got the dongle today. While my phone shows that it is connected to Android Auto, the grass unit of my car doesn't do anything (as in the Android Auto launcher doesn't show)

Tried all combinations of USB mode and Pass-through, clearing data of Android Auto app (Pass-through option made the dongle bootloop), unpairing phone from head unit via Bluetooth. No luck.

Phone is Pixel 4
Car is Nissan Qashqai.
I am having same problems.,
Any luck?

Wiesel1985

Sep 29, 2019
Hello, I also have connection issues with the AAwireless device. I thought the disconnects are random, but now I can reproduce the error. Everytime if the mobile internet is gone and it reconnects, the device disconnect from my phone. So if I drive in a region with bad internet the device disconnects really often. Any ideas?

Phone: Xiaomi Mi 11 with Xiaomi.eu ROM (Android 12 , MIUI 13) My Car: SEAT Leon ST (VAG) 2019

jasalta387

Aug 12, 2010
Salta
I am having same problems.,
Any luck?
Yes. Since around end of May the issues has been solved. It should all work out of the box. If you tell what issues you have, I can give you some hints. Just start clean: factory reset AAW, clear data of Android Auto app in your phone, unpair AAW from Bluetooth settings in your phone. Note: you don't need the companion AAW app to make it work. Once it's all clean, pair AAW from Bluetooth screen on the phone.

valeri_s_k

Aug 24, 2020
Bourgas
Hello, I also have connection issues with the AAwireless device. I thought the disconnects are random, but now I can reproduce the error. Everytime if the mobile internet is gone and it reconnects, the device disconnect from my phone. So if I drive in a region with bad internet the device disconnects really often. Any ideas?

Phone: Xiaomi Mi 11 with Xiaomi.eu ROM (Android 12 , MIUI 13) My Car: SEAT Leon ST (VAG) 2019
Hi,
Same phone, same rom, same problem on VW Passat 2017 MIB2 Discover media.

Played a lot with phone /AAwireless device/car settings with no luck.

Also tested on Skoda with factory enabled wireless AA head unit - same thing.

So, seems that it is not AAWireless device problem, but MIUI (some driver, or system app that causes such disconnections)

The only working option I have found is to downgrade rom version to 21.10.22 (MIUI 12.6 A12).

Actually first few releases of xiaomi.eu A12 roms had no issues with wireless Android auto, but can remember which was the last one (above mentioned is ok and I keep my phone with this version).

I do not always test new rom version, but time to time only, due to need to make clean flash every tyme to downgrade, which is annoying...

Reactions: Wiesel1985

domi1066

Jul 10, 2017
Hi,
Same phone, same rom, same problem on VW Passat 2017 MIB2 Discover media.

Played a lot with phone /AAwireless device/car settings with no luck.

Also tested on Skoda with factory enabled wireless AA head unit - same thing.

So, seems that it is not AAWireless device problem, but MIUI (some driver, or system app that causes such disconnections)

The only working option I have found is to downgrade rom version to 21.10.22 (MIUI 12.6 A12).

Actually first few releases of xiaomi.eu A12 roms had no issues with wireless Android auto, but can remember which was the last one (above mentioned is ok and I keep my phone with this version).

I do not always test new rom version, but time to time only, due to need to make clean flash every tyme to downgrade, which is annoying...
hello, did you try this:

Last edited:

valeri_s_k

Aug 24, 2020
Bourgas
hello, did you try this:

Hi, you are reffering to different issue. I do not have it at all. In good coverage area all is great!

The one me and Wiesel1985 mention is: "Everytime if the mobile internet is gone and it reconnects, the device disconnect from my phone. So if I drive in a region with bad internet the device disconnects really often."

Seems it is not related to Xiaomi phones only - see https://github.com/cpebit/aawireless-issues/issues/83

Unfortunately for the moment I do not know/read about any fix.

Reactions: Wiesel1985

cichy222

Oct 16, 2021
The first opinions on the use of Motrol MA-1 appeared. People write that there are no problems with using and connecting to the unit in the car. Time will show how it really will be. If it will be as they write, I will spend more money on MA1 to have peace of mind.

For me now, when it comes to AAwireless, there are no major problems with operation and connection. The only disadvantages that I have are: - I need to force 2.4 GHz connectivity, on 5 GHz there are disconnections in certain places and no automatic reconnection. Unfortunately, 2.4 GHz is too slow data transmission. - the second serious problem is my phone heats up terribly when using AAwireless, it gets even hot, I don't know what the reason is.

Moje zestawienie to audi A3 8v i galaxy S21 5G

Last edited:

Wiesel1985

Sep 29, 2019
The first opinions on the use of Motrol MA-1 appeared. People write that there are no problems with using and connecting to the unit in the car. Time will show how it really will be. If it will be as they write, I will spend more money on MA1 to have peace of mind.

For me now, when it comes to AAwireless, there are no major problems with operation and connection. The only disadvantages that I have are: - I need to force 2.4 GHz connectivity, on 5 GHz there are disconnections in certain places and no automatic reconnection. Unfortunately, 2.4 GHz is too slow data transmission. - the second serious problem is my phone heats up terribly when using AAwireless, it gets even hot, I don't know what the reason is.

Moje zestawienie to audi A3 8v i galaxy S21 5G
My phone only gets hot, if I charge it wireless at the same time.

Motorola MA1 is maybe a good idea, if the issues wont be fixed soon. Maybe Carsifi is also a possible choice.

sibesaver

Sep 30, 2010
Moore, OK
My phone only gets hot, if I charge it wireless at the same time.

Motorola MA1 is maybe a good idea, if the issues wont be fixed soon. Maybe Carsifi is also a possible choice.
While I'm only experiencing dropouts very infrequently, I too may investigate the MA1 at some future point because the pace of development with AAwireless is disappointing. I get all the issues with the chips but the software still needs to continue to progress.

1qazwsx4

Sep 19, 2011
New Zealand
While I'm only experiencing dropouts very infrequently, I too may investigate the MA1 at some future point because the pace of development with AAwireless is disappointing. I get all the issues with the chips but the software still needs to continue to progress.
Yeah I get that they're pushing the product but it really seems to be being used as a paperweight for a fair few people. If xda users are having issues with connections than I'd hate to see what happens once it's off indigogo. Software/firmwares need some love for sure.

steevieg

Jan 28, 2022
FWIW

I have a 2020 Mazda MX5. I have a OnePlus 9 Pro. It's been working flawlessly before so I had never bothered updating firmware. However, OnePlus pushed out a new update to their phone which I believe updated to Android 12 (OxygenOS12 I believe) and that's when everything hit the fan.

So I tried everything, updated firmware, hard reset the unit, reset my car settings to factory settings. Nothing worked. However, I saw someone post about using the passthrough option and that has seemed to work for me.

LM1970

Jan 29, 2022

Ciao. Received yesterday after 3 months. I have a Citroën C4 III (2021), Galaxy S20 phone, and the dongle hardly connects to the phone and only once connected to the car. Furthermore, it comes with a normal USB plug and not C which is the car input. I therefore have to use a usb to usb-c adapter; do you recommend anyone? I tried a couple of cables ... but the expense is starting to be a bit too much ... How is the compatibility with my car which is very recent? Thank you.​

Update: the problem was the cable, not all are good even if they have the same connector. Now on S22

Last edited:

markcoopz

Oct 14, 2007
I have a 2016 Mazda MX-5 (Miata) and my phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra (Android Version 12. One UI Version 4.0). AA (V7.1.614574-release) works perfectly when my phone is plugged directly into the USB port.

When I plug the AAWireless unit into the car my phone Wi-Fi connects to AAWireless, which then starts with a steady green LED and then changes to flashing green. Whilst flashing green, the message on my phone is 'Looking for Android Auto'. The AAWireless unit then briefly flashes blue and the phone message changes to 'Connected to your car' before immediately returning to the green flashing LED and the 'looking for Android Auto' message. It continues in that loop until I turn the car off. All of this happens regardless of whether my phone is also connected directly to the car via bluetooth or not.

There is a 2nd USB port available. I believe this one has less power than the first which is there specifically to facilitate AA. When plugged into the 2nd less powerful USB port, the AAWireless unit connects to both Wi-Fi AND bluetooth and I get an AA message saying 'connected to your car'. AAWireless has a steady blue light. But there is a 2nd message on the phone saying 'Looking for Android Auto' which continues looking. When I check the car's head unit, there is no option available to connect to AA.

I have 'wireless Android Auto' enabled in AA settings, as well as 'add wireless projection to settings' from the AA Developer Settings. And I have disconnected my VPN and have only 1 User Profile on the phone. 'Add new cars to Android Auto' has been enabled in AA Settings. 'Request Video Focus on Startup' has been replaced with 'Start Android Automatically' in Android 12 and has been set to 'Always'.

I have also tried changing AAWireless settings in the app - USB Mode to Direct and enabled Passthrough. This didn't help so I've changed them back.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Hi, I am getting EXACTLY the same issues as you on my 2019 mazda CX-30 & have tried the same things as you. I 'm using a Xiaomi Mi11 phone. At 1st I thought it was a Xiaomi problem but after reading your post it seems to point to either Mazda or AAWireless.
What I noticed, when have the dongle is in the 2nd (non AA) USB port both the phones bluetooth to car connection & the bluetooth to AAWireless connection are stable & connected with a flashing blue LED. If I then swap the dongle onto the 1st (AA) USB port the LED starts flashing green & in my phones bluetooth settings the AAWireless connection keeps dropping out & reconnecting every couple of seconds. The issue seems to be that I cannot get a stable AAW bluetooth connection with both car & phone at the same time when using the 1st USB port (the one the car needs for AA to work).
I dont know what else to try.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm guessing you mean many and not few, but you're basing "soo many" on the recent posts here? With well over 50K units out there, I don't think a dozen (or being generous, dozens?) of posts over the past month constitutes "soo many". There are also very different reasons for instability and disconnections and it seems others have fixed their problems.

For example, my issue is entirely down to Xiaomi and their MIUI development and is totally outside of AAWireless control. It's very different to the disconnections that @Cipcino81 gets or separate issues that @worldonfire gets.

I understand your frustration and what you're trying to do, but exaggerating and dramatizing things doesn't help your situation or speed up a fix. It just means you're more likely to get ignored.

---------------------------------

@worldonfire selecting 3g/2g should force a change to 3g. Double check the network icon in the status bar after switching. I don't think it will cause a disconnection on a Samsung, but it's easily tested.

I think the cable issues are sometimes more to do with the AAWireless socket (lots of play) and constant vibration rather than poor quality cables. A tight fit and a very flexible cable will help, I think. Maybe try a different mounting location too in case heat does play a part.

I tried a number of cables which seem better, but I'm currently using this one which fits snugly and is very flexible (no strain):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001626467639.html
    If every device had connection issues we wouldn't exist anymore. We are investigating these issues, but it's very hard because there can be so many issues why this is happening. Ranging from defective devices to phones overheating or defective cables. Also some headunits can be problematic.

The high level software on the device is most definitely not the problem. Also the companion app does not influence Android Auto in any way, you don't need it to run Android Auto.

We are now at about 10 percent technical support issues of total shipped devices. About 50 percent of them can be fixed by just changing settings / clearing data on device / HU / phone.

The 5 percent that's left are the tricky ones with all kinds of different weird issues. From audio stuttering to disconnections.
    Mostly at some point after some support questions we just replace them.

We test the returns we get back in Europe in the office. 60 percent of them is not actually defective and is just working fine.
    This is the reality of Android Auto and doing hardware + software.

I'm pretty sure CarSiFi (and also Moto) are running into same issues. But they are less public then we are, so it's hard to say.
    Ahh, so my start/stop is misbehaving?

I kind of thought it would do a quick disconnect when BT to the car died, despite there being power to the USB port for a bit after in some cars.
    It should normally indeed. Bassiccly every change we do in the start / stop mechanism it breaks for half of the people and fixes stuff for the other half.
    We have a way now to make it device controlled, so we can finally get rid of this horrible functionality.
    Just sharing this on a few threads in case anyone wants my opinion:

So I have both Carsifi and AAWireless - just sharing my thoughts here if anyone cares.

I have a Z Fold 3 and a S20 Ultra. The phones have roughly the same load time on either device in a Hyundai Tuscon. In the Hyundai i30, the AAWireless is about 10 seconds faster than the Carsifi.

The AAWireless app is nicer and easier to use than the Carsifi app. It's also got a few more options.

The Carsifi app takes a little longer to update the device when a change is made. There is also an 'experimental' method to boot faster but it made no difference on my phones...

The only benefit to some people (with Carsifi) may be the 'magic button' - you can set it to do 2 things:
    1) change paired phone (double click)
    2) Play / pause music (triple click) - however on my device, this paused the music but AA froze, and pressing play rebooted the device, so after about 10 seconds it rebooted and started the music again.

I got the AAWireless many months ago, and the Carsifi yesterday (I purposely got both - one for each car, and so I can test both of them too!)

At the end of the day, both do the same thing in the same way. In summary, I like the AAWireless better as it seems to just 'work' better, the app is better and I like the developer and their reputation.

Oh and if anyone has any questions, please let me know and I'll respond.
    So I have some updates on my situation and wanted to share for future refference. I managed to get it working in "dongle mode" and also made "stop/start" work. Actually it seems that the only way for "dongle mode" to work was to also have "stop/start" enabled and functioning. It seems that withtout it my phone will not connect to the WiFi created for wireless connection (which is called "AndroidAuto-xxxx" when in dongle mode, different than "AAwireless-xxxx" when in "standard" mode.

The issue was the wifi being turned off by the system. Newer Android OS (11 and above I believe) have this WiFi setting option that turns off the WiFi when you leave a "known location" and turns it back on when you get back to those "known locations" so the issue is that the bluetooth beacon that is sent by the dongle is not enough to trigger WiFi to turn on and connect to the WiFi.

Note that this issue does not manifest itself when I am using a car with proper built-in Wireless AA. I have a Skoda Karoq that has built-in wireless AA and even if my WiFi is turned off, it will turn itself on to connect to AA, just not with this dongle.

Anyway, long story short, because when "Start/Stop" is active I have a constant notification on my phone from the app indicating the status (connected/not connected/etc.) it showed me "wifi is turned off cannot connect" or something simiar. So when I manually turned it on, everything started working. My phone connects imediately to my car with "dongle mode" ON and "start/stop" ON.

What remains an issue is that it will not work with "dongle mode" ON but "Start/Stop" OFF. It seems that without the helper app "helping" the phone to connect to the wifi of the dongle, the phone will not do it on its own. This is not a big deal for me, as I want to have "start/stop" enabled anyway.

So bottom line, everything is working perfectly fine for me now.

Hope this helps others and helps @Snirpo to figure out if they might want to change some stuff for their app.
    It's probably helpful to explain for everyone how the process works :) So here we go:

When start / stop is enabled our companion app is in control of starting up AA. So wether dongle mode is enabled or not, it doesn't matter, because the standard bluetooth bootstrap of Android Auto is not used. That's also the reason why wifi is not turned automatically on in start / stop mode. Android Auto, being a system app, can do these things. From the companion app we cannot from Android 10 and above, hence showing the notification to turn on wifi.

So basically using start / stop completely invalidates the different bootstrap logic in AA regarding dongle mode, because bluetooth (to the device) isn't used to start up the process. It doesn't really matter if you use dongle mode or not.

"Note that this issue does not manifest itself when I am using a car with proper built-in Wireless AA. I have a Skoda Karoq that has built-in wireless AA and even if my WiFi is turned off, it will turn itself on to connect to AA, just not with this dongle."

This should also happen with AAWireless, AAWireless == 100% native, except when using start / stop mode like I explained above, when the companion app controls the bootstrap. AA always turns on wifi when using the native bluetooth bootstrap.

Why dongle mode doesn't work in your case is a bit of a mystery to me though...

So summary:

AAWireless + "standard" mode == emulate native Wireless HU, does not need the companion app.

AAWireless + dongle mode == works as native dongle, like Motorola MA1, does not need companion app.

AAWireless in dongle or standard mode + start / stop == does not use the native bluetooth bootstrap, but trigger wifi connection based on handsfree connection of the car. Needs the companion app, not native.
    Regarding CONNECTION ISSUES:

I've used AA-wired for five years in the same car with the same phone, & I had occasional connection issues during that whole time, which I attributed to Bluetooth, or the fact that my phone may draw too much power from the USB port. For example, if the phone was charged to less than 80%, it would connect/disconnect every 1/2 second or so, so I made sure I was almost fully charged before starting.

Once I started using AAWireless, these problems have disappeared. I run AAW in default (dongle) mode.

As someone pointed out, it's usually the ones with problems that come to any forum, so one can't make a statistical case from the number of complaints on a certain issue.

Lots of other people have hotspots in their cars these days which could be causing interference in high-density traffic situations. (which I normally am not in).

Note that signal strength falls off as the reciprocal of the distance, NOT the reciprocal squared. RF energy falls off as the reciprocal squared, but not signal strength. One of the laws of physics.
    This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
    I just want to leave a big THANK YOU for the developers! You invented a great product and do a great job here.

Anyone who has ordered the product knows that it is a crowdfunding project, which may also have teething problems. I find it cheeky to get upset about problems, even though they are dealt with promptly here. What more should the distributors do than react to the problems here and offer solutions?

I also have problems with the device, but I was helped quickly. Even if it takes a few days.

Dear team: Keep up the good work!
    We fixed the "VW Headunit crashing on skipping tracks" issue now completely. Confirmed it's a bug on the HU side, latency makes it worse. We will probably push a new firmware by the end of this week.
    I will also submit a bug report to Google, cause they can fix/workaround this issue as well for cabled users.
    Hello. What's new in 1.5?
    A full changelog for each release would really be appreciated :)
    Thanks for all the hard work!
    Yes, I'll write a full changelog next week from 1.0.0 to 1.5.0 and put it on GitHub + add a link in the app.
    I've already waited patiently for delivery 3 months more than expected - I ordered In April and was coming in June but now that's looking like October. Now I read on the indiegogo forum that people in the UK are being charged an additional €27 by the Royal mail as the UK is now not in the EU.

Hi Emil!
    Just received my AAWireless, and will plug in and test tonight. Love the packaging, looks great! However… Since it was shipped from Hong Kong I was forced to pay a rather substantial import fee and duties on this bad boy. I was under the impression that they would be shipped from within the EU? Is it stands now I’m EUR 27,00 poorer :(
    2 2
    https://www.indiegogo.com/individuals/24534862
    Emil Borconi-Szedressy 2 days ago
    PROJECT OWNER
    Looks like you are in the UK which is outside EU and also there is no way to pre-pay taxes with shipping company any more either....

This is a crazy. An additional $10 was already taken for delivery and it was meant to ship from the EU. I suspect the units have been shipped by Royal Mail / Dutch post. The Royal Mail rips off people in the UK because they add another £11 in admin fees on top of the 20% VAT even though goods up to £135 should be exempt.
    See https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...s-goods-sold-to-customers-from-1-january-2021

So not only has VAT been charged coming into the EU from China, it has also been charged coming into the UK ON TOP of the VAT already paid in the EU.

This is just rubbish. What the guys need to do is either ship it from Hong Kong which can cost £0.20 (there are hundreds of chinese ebay and aliexpress sellers doing this already
    See http://www.vatfraud.org/blog/stop-s...ons-universal-postal-union-upu-terminal-dues/
    The $10 postage already taken should then be refunded.

The other way round it is send the item from Hong Kong and to mark the item as a gift and providing it is below £39 there is NO VAT to pay and NO Royal mail admin fee. Actually as the original product was $57 - roughly £41.25 This wouldn't be a crime seeing as we have had to wait soo long. This could also mean the $10 delivery could be refunded

The other way is to ship it via fedex and state the ex-vat cost coming from china and then add 20% vat that the developer should be paying to the UK HMRC.

Sadly if that doesn't take place, EVERYONE IN THE UK will feel ripped off because of the poor delivery and poor choices made by the developers.

Cheers
    Disgruntled in the UK

First of all, your item wasn't shipped yet since in the June batch, so you could have not payed anything for shipping. Secondly, UK is outside the EU, there was a vote about this in 2016, so it doesn't matter if the package comes from EU or from HK or from US, it is treated the same, it's an import. If we import it from HK to EU, we will pay import VAT on the product, then when we send it to UK, we claim back that VAT and we should pay VAT in UK, since there is no more free trading between EU and UK.

Up till recently there was a nice option, to pay VAT and Import duty up-front, when you ship to the UK, but this has been changed and now they requires business outside UK to register with HMRC and do HMRC feeling even if they are residing outside UK, a lot of red tape. Since crowdfunding is not a sale, we can still ship the units to UK, but not sure if we will be able to after the IndieGoGo campaign.

We are also a EU registered company so we cannot (and will not take advantage) of any loop-holes in systems to sell at ridiculously / unrealistically cheap prices.

About the user who paid 27 euros, it turned out that user is living in DK, but provided the address as UK so his package traveled the wrong way, hence the extra duties and surcharges.

Not aware of other users from UK having to pay anything additional when they received the package.