AAWireless - General discussion and support

Search This thread

shahporG

Jun 29, 2022
Try the one I pointed out, the talk button. Hang up the call with the phone button. Then you can use the star button for something else.
Thanks but I did reply to that idea earlier:

"Thanks for the suggestion rayboehm, but sometimes the Voice Commands don't work very well and it is quite frustrating. Also, I do generally prefer the buttons wherever feasible."

If it can't be done with the buttons then the voice command will have to do, but I would still rather use the buttons if it is possible.

rayboehm

Sep 19, 2015
Thanks but I did reply to that idea earlier:

"Thanks for the suggestion rayboehm, but sometimes the Voice Commands don't work very well and it is quite frustrating. Also, I do generally prefer the buttons wherever feasible."

If it can't be done with the buttons then the voice command will have to do, but I would still rather use the buttons if it is possible.
Fair enough. If Voice Command is having problems, maybe retrain your voice model on the phone. Might make it work better, can't hurt. Good luck.

Reactions: shahporG

sick6

Dec 3, 2012
@Snirpo, another UConnect user here with no luck getting AAWireless to start on it's own. If I remove AAWireless from my UConnect Projection Manager settings, then restart the device, it connects almost every time. But if I leave AAwireless in the Projection Manager settings, it almost never connects. I've heard rolling back to the 1.8 firmware may be the best option at this point. If so, please enable that for me. I already have the latest app version from firebase if that helps. Thanks. Device name: aTaNRIUX

Stefs9226

May 13, 2022
Comunque su xiaomi redmi note 7 io il problema delle disconnessioni l ho risolto disabilitando l ottimizzazione batteria su Android auto e sembra funzionare tutto a meraviglia...

TheUntouchable

Jul 14, 2010
Germany
Huawei P30 Pro
Today we got a new update for our Kia Ceed GT MY20 and other KIA/Hundai cars with Widescreen Navis and finally widescreen support for android auto. The bad thing: AAWireless is now not working anymore. I only get the error message that the phone is not responding from my car. With direct attached smartphone its working.
Latest firmware is installed, all settings are standard and were working before the update.

Last edited:
Reactions: WestHej

Lord Paulus Cobris

May 14, 2022
Hello my Friends and Snirpo.
Well it says the "third time is a charm" right? Guess that happend to me...

Since i recieved the AAWireless, i have changed my phones...

From the Android Unsopported Vodafone Smart X9, then the Realme 8 (that worked well) and then the Samsung A52s, that worked Flawlessly.

I have now the Huawei P30 (with Android Services and Huawei Services).
Its running Android 10 from what i can see (EMUI 12).

I have some wierd issues after testing with AAW.

I was having "no internet" inside Android Auto, even if i was connecting correctly with it...
I was entering AA and choosing Waze or Maps with no problem at all, but then i got no map on "MAPS" and got the information "No Internet" on Waze.

On my phone i saw (and still see) the wifi signal with an "!" and saying it have no internet, but i could not get 4g (or mobile data) working at all.

I saw the WIFI connected to the AAW and the BT also on the car and in the AAW.

I tested several options on the AAW App, passtru mode (didn´t work), Dongle Mode (also didin´t work).
On that one, i didn´t even get AA on the infotaiment anymore.

What i did was, "forget" the WIFI for the AAW device, and let the app resolve again the wifi connectivity.
It did somewhat worked, and i can see now a 4g+ signal on the phone and i now have Internet on the AA Infotaiment and apps.

What can it be? The car is the same, only the Phone is other...
From what i have read here, 2.1.0 will revamp the way the whole process of pairing and connect the phone to the AAW and the AAW to the infotaiment...

When is that expected to be released?

Another thing i would like some help is this...
When i put "MAPS" the design seems higher resolution then WAZE, that seems way more blocky and jagged.
Its possible to up the resolution mantaining the design on the infotaiment?

I have tested and changed the DPI on the APP, but it only made the map realstate smaller and showed the player for the side (and not bellow).

What i would really like was "clearer" image...

My car is:

Citroen C5 Aircross 2019.

Thanks again for all the help.

LPC

TheUntouchable

Jul 14, 2010
Germany
Huawei P30 Pro
I have a P30 Pro. When you get a message on the phone that tells you that there is no internet connection possible with the WLAN and what you want to do, just ignore that. If you type on any of both possibilities it will not work.
Resolution is set from you entertainment system. You can only change the DPI like you already did.

Reactions: Lord Paulus Cobris

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
@Snirpo I've been running the Firebase builds (most recent update came this morning). This morning I also got an invitation to test a dev build. Should I uninstall the previous Firebase build so there's no conflict?
Yup you can uninstall it. I've split the dev and production build. Mainly because Play Store updates overwrote the dev build. You can now have both installed as well.

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
Hello my Friends and Snirpo.
Well it says the "third time is a charm" right? Guess that happend to me...

Since i recieved the AAWireless, i have changed my phones...

From the Android Unsopported Vodafone Smart X9, then the Realme 8 (that worked well) and then the Samsung A52s, that worked Flawlessly.

I have now the Huawei P30 (with Android Services and Huawei Services).
Its running Android 10 from what i can see (EMUI 12).

I have some wierd issues after testing with AAW.

I was having "no internet" inside Android Auto, even if i was connecting correctly with it...
I was entering AA and choosing Waze or Maps with no problem at all, but then i got no map on "MAPS" and got the information "No Internet" on Waze.

On my phone i saw (and still see) the wifi signal with an "!" and saying it have no internet, but i could not get 4g (or mobile data) working at all.

I saw the WIFI connected to the AAW and the BT also on the car and in the AAW.

I tested several options on the AAW App, passtru mode (didn´t work), Dongle Mode (also didin´t work).
On that one, i didn´t even get AA on the infotaiment anymore.

What i did was, "forget" the WIFI for the AAW device, and let the app resolve again the wifi connectivity.
It did somewhat worked, and i can see now a 4g+ signal on the phone and i now have Internet on the AA Infotaiment and apps.

What can it be? The car is the same, only the Phone is other...
From what i have read here, 2.1.0 will revamp the way the whole process of pairing and connect the phone to the AAW and the AAW to the infotaiment...

When is that expected to be released?

Another thing i would like some help is this...
When i put "MAPS" the design seems higher resolution then WAZE, that seems way more blocky and jagged.
Its possible to up the resolution mantaining the design on the infotaiment?

I have tested and changed the DPI on the APP, but it only made the map realstate smaller and showed the player for the side (and not bellow).

What i would really like was "clearer" image...

My car is:

Citroen C5 Aircross 2019.

Thanks again for all the help.

LPC
I have a P30 Pro. When you get a message on the phone that tells you that there is no internet connection possible with the WLAN and what you want to do, just ignore that. If you type on any of both possibilities it will not work.
Resolution is set from you entertainment system. You can only change the DPI like you already did.
This is indeed a Huawei thing. Android Auto Wireless and Huawei is not a great combo, neither is Xiaomi BTW. I'd stay away from those brands if you want to use Android Auto Wireless, be it on a dongle or native.

Reactions: Lord Paulus Cobris

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
Today we got a new update for our Kia Ceed GT MY20 and other KIA/Hundai cars with Widescreen Navis and finally widescreen support for android auto. The bad thing: AAWireless is now not working anymore. I only get the error message that the phone is not responding from my car. With direct attached smartphone its working.
Latest firmware is installed, all settings are standard and were working before the update.
Yup, this is fixed on 2.1.0, which is in beta. You can use passthrough mode in the meantime.

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
@Snirpo, another UConnect user here with no luck getting AAWireless to start on it's own. If I remove AAWireless from my UConnect Projection Manager settings, then restart the device, it connects almost every time. But if I leave AAwireless in the Projection Manager settings, it almost never connects. I've heard rolling back to the 1.8 firmware may be the best option at this point. If so, please enable that for me. I already have the latest app version from firebase if that helps. Thanks. Device name: aTaNRIUX
Done

Reactions: sick6

WestHej

Apr 17, 2012
My aawireless has been a bit troublesome initially (last month) when I got my car (Hyundai Ioniq 5). It kept on randomly disconnecting. I updated to 2.0.2 from 2.0.1 and then set the Wi-Fi channel to 158 and it has been working flawlessly for the past week (with my pixel 5 on Android 12 and the dpi set to 180).

Unfortunately today it won't work unless it's in passthrough mode. I updated my car's infotainment to the latest version (NE_E.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.220623) which introduces full wide-screen android auto support today. When connecting with passthrough disabled (in auto or MTP or Direct mode), my phone initially flashes that android auto is connected then reverts to normal and the car says 'The phone is not responding'. AA subsequently doesn't work.

I love being able to use a higher dpi setting. Let me know if you need more details. Hope this can be resolved soon

Last edited:

martin.armstrong

Feb 22, 2019
Yup you can uninstall it. I've split the dev and production build. Mainly because Play Store updates overwrote the dev build. You can now have both installed as well.
If I have both versions installed and I connect AAWireless to my car without manually starting the app, which version will be used for functions like start/stop which need the app in order to work?
Also how can I see which version of the app is which?

Lord Paulus Cobris

May 14, 2022
Hi!
Thanks for the tip, it did indeed appeared here and asking me that... i did ignore it, and so far everything is working.

I was also getting some wierd stutter on the music, when in waze i was hearing the indication voices... After the voice finish the sentence the music returned to normal... Just when hearing the voice indications...

Thanks again for your help.

Best Regards,

LPC

Reactions: TheUntouchable

Lord Paulus Cobris

May 14, 2022
This is indeed a Huawei thing. Android Auto Wireless and Huawei is not a great combo, neither is Xiaomi BTW. I'd stay away from those brands if you want to use Android Auto Wireless, be it on a dongle or native.
Hi Snipo.
Thanks again for your support and good work improving this hardware with good software solutions.

Why you say Huawei and Xiaomi are not good combos? Its because their software? Its the hardware?
They are affordable and thats why many ppl use their products.

Even the Vodafone phone i got here was a ZTE (a also have another ZTE that don´t work with AAW (it does but Waze justs freezes everytime on AA)).

So far i manage to make the phone work with the AAW and the Car...

About the Resolution of the AA displayed on the Infotaiment.
Its possible do double the resolution and mantain the same screen ration like in native?

DPI doesn´t work, all it manages is to make the map smaller and smaller on my screen...

Thanks again for the help.

LPC

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
If I have both versions installed and I connect AAWireless to my car without manually starting the app, which version will be used for functions like start/stop which need the app in order to work?
Also how can I see which version of the app is which?
Good questions actually. Probably don't use start / stop on both, it will definitely conflict :) The dev app has (dev) postfixed in its name. I'll add the version of the app on the home screen as well.

DroidShift79

Sep 11, 2012
Frankfurt am Main
OnePlus 9 Pro
As I asked already a while back, I'll try again.
Music via AAWireless has a pretty low volume for me. I maxed out the volume on the HU already, but music is still pretty low. Like with open windows I could barely hear it.
Any tipp on how I could boost the volume in the car?

It might be, cos EU phone firmware reduce volume, much more then global firmwares, cos EU Cares about our ears....

Would changing Bluetooth AVRCP Version effect AAWireless?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-30-22-00-44-43_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-30-22-00-44-43_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

? for you... On the AA Wireless Adapter for Android shipping from Amazon, what firmware # is loaded on them.. I have been told by fellow Wrangler JL owner to roll back to / to only use firmware version 1.8 . When I receive my dongle from Amazon on 8/30/22 I want to be sure it has only 1.8 firmware. Thanks for you reply.. I am Rhinebeck01 in this thread talking MA1. IF I have success with AA Wireless dongle I will be posting about it.. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...1-wireless-android-adapter.86856/post-2054720
    It will arrive with 1.12.0, which is equal to 1.8 (gen1 vs gen2). No dongles are shipping from factory with 2.x yet.
    UConnect is still blacklisted in the backend from 2.x. However we will soon remove this blacklist, because firmware 2.1.0 should work fine with UConnect.
    Hi all,

I wannt to update my AAWireless firmware version 1.0.0.
    I have connect the the device an the AAWireless android app in version 2.21.0 state, that there is a new version 2.0.2 available.
    I click on "Start download" and the download ends with 100%.
    But after that, instead of showing a button "start update", again the button "Start download" is shown.
    Also downloading again, does not change anything.

It is the same using a Samsung Galaxy S9 or a Pixel 6a as a mobile phone and the same if I have connected the device in the care or with a laptop.

Any ideas, why this happends and why the update isn't installed?

I am a german user and are using the german localisation of the app.

Thank you very much!
    Christoph
    Oh jeez, that's a golden oldie :) Not sure why this happens, I'll check if I can reproduce. Might be a bug.
    I used to get the same thing. I believe it is an issue with AA/Google rather than AAW. In any event, I have had to give up on AAW as I can't connect to it/won't update, just sits there with a constant light-blue light. It is a (very expensive) paper weight on my desk now. It is just "too Beta" for my requirements.

I have now got a Carlink 2022 Android box which works flawlessly for me.
    MG ZS EV 2022
    Galaxy S21 Ultra (not rooted)
    I know I should ignore these posts, but these are the comments why I'm honestly considering completely dropping out any forum / reddit / social media. What's the point? We have support, we have warranty, we have a refund policy. It might be "beta" for you, but we shipped over 100k devices and believe me or not, for most, it just works. It's the same thing for all of these dongles. They will not work perfectly for all, there are just too many variables.
    Very close to release of 2.1.0 now. We fixed the UConnect issue, except for some cases where you still have to re-plug the device, but this is also the case on the MA1.
    @Snirpo
    in the development version of the AAWireless app the start/stop settings have experimental settings which are greyed-out and cannot be selected. If I had the firmware 2.1.0 would they then be active?
    In dev app yes. Production app no. We'll start rollout of 2.1.0 this evening.
    I know I should ignore these posts, but these are the comments why I'm honestly considering completely dropping out any forum / reddit / social media. What's the point? We have support, we have warranty, we have a refund policy. It might be "beta" for you, but we shipped over 100k devices and believe me or not, for most, it just works. It's the same thing for all of these dongles. They will not work perfectly for all, there are just too many variables.
    I remember a post from a guy with the classic “I've been in the industry for years” claim. He said that because he had a weekly internal briefing at his workplace, you should be doing the same for us here. If you give an inch, they want a mile.

Then you have all the narcissistic Karens with zero patience that say whatever they think will get your attention so they can jump the queue. Even when you (quite rightly) post that firmware will now be staggered with no release announcement, you have an immediate request from someone with “faulty” units asking you to announce when the release will start!?!

It must be incredibly frustrating and every rational user will understand. Even if you decide against stepping back permanently, please take a lengthy break.
    @[email protected]:
    Please stop spamming this thread !
    This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
    I used to get the same thing. I believe it is an issue with AA/Google rather than AAW. In any event, I have had to give up on AAW as I can't connect to it/won't update, just sits there with a constant light-blue light. It is a (very expensive) paper weight on my desk now. It is just "too Beta" for my requirements.

I have now got a Carlink 2022 Android box which works flawlessly for me.
    MG ZS EV 2022
    Galaxy S21 Ultra (not rooted)
    I just want to leave a big THANK YOU for the developers! You invented a great product and do a great job here.

Anyone who has ordered the product knows that it is a crowdfunding project, which may also have teething problems. I find it cheeky to get upset about problems, even though they are dealt with promptly here. What more should the distributors do than react to the problems here and offer solutions?

I also have problems with the device, but I was helped quickly. Even if it takes a few days.

Dear team: Keep up the good work!
    Very close to release of 2.1.0 now. We fixed the UConnect issue, except for some cases where you still have to re-plug the device, but this is also the case on the MA1.
    We fixed the "VW Headunit crashing on skipping tracks" issue now completely. Confirmed it's a bug on the HU side, latency makes it worse. We will probably push a new firmware by the end of this week.
    I will also submit a bug report to Google, cause they can fix/workaround this issue as well for cabled users.