AAWireless - General discussion and support

Search This thread

WestHej

Apr 17, 2012
If you pass me your devices names (AAWireless-xxxx), I'll enable it.
Thanks Snirpo. I can confirm the 2.1.0 24/6/22 beta build works fine with intercept and DPI changes on my Pixel 5 and IONIQ 5 with the widescreen AA update. Will test stability of the connection but I'm expecting it to work as well as 2.0.2. I do notice my phone is warmer when on intercept than on passthrough. Probably higher battery drain too.

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
Thanks Snirpo. I can confirm the 2.1.0 24/6/22 beta build works fine with intercept and DPI changes on my Pixel 5 and IONIQ 5 with the widescreen AA update. Will test stability of the connection but I'm expecting it to work as well as 2.0.2. I do notice my phone is warmer when on intercept than on passthrough. Probably higher battery drain too.
Hmm passthrough vs intercept shouldn't really matter batter drain wise. Except possibly when the dpi has been changed.

Nice car btw ;)

snapilica2003

Dec 29, 2008
Bucharest
Can I ask that is the domain name of the download server when downloading firmware updates? It seems that my NextDNS installation is blocking the download of the firmware update and I would like to know which domains should I whitelist.

Edit: checking the logs it seems that whitelisting *.contabostorage.com did the trick

Last edited:

ddiehl

Feb 27, 2011
I ran into a weird issue. Any time I use Google Nav, I can only control the voice volume and lose media volume control.. This does not happen when I unplug the dongle and use a wired connection.

I created a separate thread, but wanted to see if I might get any traction here. I realize this is not an AAWireless issue but I also ran into and issue when using YT Music in Drive mode/Android Auto it shows that it is 'offilne', and only allows me to play music that I downloaded to the device (Pixel 6 Pro) however when using the app itself it shows to be online. This only occurs in Drive Mode and Android Auto. I have 'Stream via Wi-Fi only' set to the off position. Is there something else I should check? If I bypass AA and use YT Music straight through Bluetooth it works fine.

Anyone experience this?

baude

Mar 23, 2013
Hi! One here wanting the 2.1.0 update, if possible. Mine is:

AAWireless - AAW9xsSGJQb

Thanks!

foxgg

May 10, 2022
Also would like to get the 2.1 beta; car was updated by the dealership with the widescreen update.
My device ID is AAWireless-q1l4AaPn

Erntekoenig

Jul 6, 2022
I had that long connection problem also before that update of my Kia Navi Firmware and not running in passthrough mode.. :) And I have it still with the beta firmware of the AA device.
Guess thats no good news for me then... :rolleyes: Anyway it would be nice to use AAW with Widescreen and with my own dpi settings and without the tap restrictions.

Would be more than happy to report issues and give some field reports on the beta Version.

DroidShift79

Sep 11, 2012
Frankfurt am Main
OnePlus 9 Pro
@Snirpo
Is it normal, when i visit the firebase link I do have 2 options, but when I click on DEV it goes to the all releases tab?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-06-13-00-15-69_d365b52accad0f47adbc08c16219827d.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-06-13-00-15-69_d365b52accad0f47adbc08c16219827d.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 21

Top Liked Posts

I am experiencing problems connecting my smartphone(s) via aawireless to my cars headunit.

Car: Opel Astra from 2020 I guess, equipped with "Navi Pro"
    Smartphones: Samsung Note 20 Ultra, S21
    AAWireless Version: 2.21.0

Because it wasn't possible to achieve a connection, I started right from the beginning as written here in post 2204:

- Reset the device and unplug it afterwards
    - Clear all app data from and uninstall the AAWireless app
    - Clear all cache and data from AA and Play services
    - Remove the Bluetooth connection from AAWireless
    - Remove all phone mirroring/Android/AAWireless history from your car
    - Restart your car
    - Restart your phone
    - Go to the AA settings on your phone and enable developer mode, check add wireless Projection to Settings
    - Plug your phone into the car with a cable and allow it to connect and run through the initial settings
    - Unplug your phone
    - Plug in the AAWireless unit
    - Download and install the AAWireless app again and go through its initial connection again.

Still it looks like that:
    AAwireless is booting up, LED is solid green
    AAwireless is trying to connect to smartphone, LED is blinking green
    AAwireless connects to Smartphone, LED is solid blue
    Smartphone shows two notifications:
    1) Smartphone is connected to Android Auto
    2) I go to the Cars headunit and continue there with taking the initial steps

Poorly the cars headunit just shows that it is searching for the connected mobile phone, so that search gets initiated, but it doesn't find the phone or AAwireless or whatever it should find in that scenario. That the searching aborts, the AAwireless dongle is rebooting and everything starts from the beginning.

Actually I was able to establish a wireless connection using an old Samsung S8 using AAgateway App. So it is possible but sadly not working with AAwireless.

Do you guys have some other hints what to try? If you need any other information, I am happy to provide you with these.

2.1.0 will also have a firmware based workaround/hack coming up.

This is not a problem in AAWireless, but in Android Auto/HU. MA1 has the same issue, confirmed with @psmedley .

Kinda odd AAGateway works, have to check what's different over there. Did you ever use The AAGateway solution before on this car?

EDIT: Actually think I might know why AAGateway works. Do you by any chance have the "Non ROOT mode" option enabled in AAGateway? When "Non ROOT mode" is enabled, AAGateway does the same "hack" as AAWireless does with firmware 2.1.0.
    I used to get the same thing. I believe it is an issue with AA/Google rather than AAW. In any event, I have had to give up on AAW as I can't connect to it/won't update, just sits there with a constant light-blue light. It is a (very expensive) paper weight on my desk now. It is just "too Beta" for my requirements.

I have now got a Carlink 2022 Android box which works flawlessly for me.
    MG ZS EV 2022
    Galaxy S21 Ultra (not rooted)
    I know I should ignore these posts, but these are the comments why I'm honestly considering completely dropping out any forum / reddit / social media. What's the point? We have support, we have warranty, we have a refund policy. It might be "beta" for you, but we shipped over 100k devices and believe me or not, for most, it just works. It's the same thing for all of these dongles. They will not work perfectly for all, there are just too many variables.
    Very close to release of 2.1.0 now. We fixed the UConnect issue, except for some cases where you still have to re-plug the device, but this is also the case on the MA1.
    I know I should ignore these posts, but these are the comments why I'm honestly considering completely dropping out any forum / reddit / social media. What's the point? We have support, we have warranty, we have a refund policy. It might be "beta" for you, but we shipped over 100k devices and believe me or not, for most, it just works. It's the same thing for all of these dongles. They will not work perfectly for all, there are just too many variables.
    I remember a post from a guy with the classic “I've been in the industry for years” claim. He said that because he had a weekly internal briefing at his workplace, you should be doing the same for us here. If you give an inch, they want a mile.

Then you have all the narcissistic Karens with zero patience that say whatever they think will get your attention so they can jump the queue. Even when you (quite rightly) post that firmware will now be staggered with no release announcement, you have an immediate request from someone with “faulty” units asking you to announce when the release will start!?!

It must be incredibly frustrating and every rational user will understand. Even if you decide against stepping back permanently, please take a lengthy break.
    @[email protected]:
    Please stop spamming this thread !
    Hello,
    I must ask the developer...

Will AAWireless support also Wireless Apple Car Play?

I have come across another device like AAWireless that do both AA and ACP.
    The price is even the same... so?

Im thinking in moving from Android to IOS, and i don´t want to have a "stone" on my car.

Thanks again...

LPC
    Maybe in the future. We're looking into it, but it's not trivial because the CarPlay protocol is completely different from Android Auto.
    We might also need an MFI chip to be able to do it, we're looking into ways around it, because we cannot get an MFI license (we tried). All the Chinese dongles just put an MFI chip on without having license.
    IF we can do it we will provide it as a free update. For now I'd buy this other device if you want both.
    This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
    I used to get the same thing. I believe it is an issue with AA/Google rather than AAW. In any event, I have had to give up on AAW as I can't connect to it/won't update, just sits there with a constant light-blue light. It is a (very expensive) paper weight on my desk now. It is just "too Beta" for my requirements.

I have now got a Carlink 2022 Android box which works flawlessly for me.
    MG ZS EV 2022
    Galaxy S21 Ultra (not rooted)
    I just want to leave a big THANK YOU for the developers! You invented a great product and do a great job here.

Anyone who has ordered the product knows that it is a crowdfunding project, which may also have teething problems. I find it cheeky to get upset about problems, even though they are dealt with promptly here. What more should the distributors do than react to the problems here and offer solutions?

I also have problems with the device, but I was helped quickly. Even if it takes a few days.

Dear team: Keep up the good work!
    We fixed the "VW Headunit crashing on skipping tracks" issue now completely. Confirmed it's a bug on the HU side, latency makes it worse. We will probably push a new firmware by the end of this week.
    I will also submit a bug report to Google, cause they can fix/workaround this issue as well for cabled users.
    Hello. What's new in 1.5?
    A full changelog for each release would really be appreciated :)
    Thanks for all the hard work!
    Yes, I'll write a full changelog next week from 1.0.0 to 1.5.0 and put it on GitHub + add a link in the app.