AAWireless - General discussion and support

Search This thread

androidjel

Apr 24, 2012
Hello everybody. Is there any of you who use AAW with a SUZUKI (Bosch SLDA)? I use a Suzuki Vitara (2015), infotainment last update (1880_190821), and I'm having a lot of problems using the device, it struggles to connect, and the few times it does after a short ride it disconnects. I first used a OnePlus 5t smartphone updated to Android 10, and now I use a POCO F3 with native Android 11 and MIUI 12.0.5, both with the same problems. If any of you have a SUZUKI and have managed to get it to work, would it be nice to post their full settings? I have tried them all (and I have also used other usb cables) but without success. Thank you!
Did you try to update the Bosch slda to 1890 version? With wired aa I had problems with 1880, since begin of 2022 1890 came out and now it's more stable then ever.

mnunes

Feb 24, 2007
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8
I wanted to add my thanks to @Snirpo and his team. They've been working tirelessly to get everything working for everyone. When you think about all of the combinations of phones, Android versions (including non-standard ROMs), Android Auto updates, head units (not just an auto manufacturer but the changes those manufacturers make to their own systems year after year, and updates) plus aftermarket systems - it's staggering how many different things have to all "just work."

I know forums are often the place people come to report their problems and ask for help, and having been on the receiving side of it myself it can sometimes be overwhelming and disheartening.

So kudos to the AAW team for everything they've done!

androidjel

Apr 24, 2012
Maybe a stupid question, but what way is the best way to buy the aawireless dongle? Is see that you have a website now but my country is not listed? Or do I need to buy from the indigo website? (European union). If so what is the estimated delivery time?

DeCo59

Mar 3, 2013
@Snirpo

I think my message got lost unanswered in the thread. I'd be very grateful for some other hints besides "reset the device".

What does the LED blinking code mean?

If resetting is the only way forward, I'll gladly try it, however I was running AAWireless for a year now without any hiccups, therefore I'm really wondering whether resetting is the answer.
Hi, you could find the led signification on the faq of the aawireleess app, I paste the content, if it could help you

• Green: Unit is booting. This will normally take about < 10 seconds.
  • Blinking green: Unit is not paired to a phone, or is searching for an already paired phone.
  • Blinking blue: Phone is connected via Wifi, waiting for headunit/car to connect via USB.
  • Blue: Connection fully set up, Android Auto should be running.
  • Red: Connection to phone failed. Bluetooth might be off on the phone or the pairing with the phone might be removed on the phone side.
  • White or blinking white. Start / Stop mode is enabled, and the device is waiting for a start or stop command from the phone to start Android Auto.

Dangze

Dec 20, 2010
@DeCo59 said :
"White or blinking white. Start / Stop mode is enabled, and the device is waiting for a start or stop command from the phone to start Android Auto."

I rather think that the device is waiting for head unit switch on ! Am I wrong ? Anyway, that's the way my device works !

joshnz123

Aug 14, 2022
Hi,

I was hoping for some advice on things to try and solve an odd problem.

I have an aawireless unit attached to a Sony xav-ax5500 headset I installed in my car. After disabling pass through the aawireless worked great for short trips. However on longer trips, after about 20-25 minutes the audio playback starts pausing, almost like it is buffering, and then, usually about 2 minutes after the audio issues start, the aawireless seems to reset itself. It goes down for about 30 seconds and then starts up again, reconnects and starts navigation and audio at the place it stopped (ie it resumes where it left off).

This is clearly annoying, and I was hoping for suggestions as to if this is a known problem with a fix or if this might be a defective unit.

Any advice would be great,
Cheers,
Josh

sbellon

Feb 4, 2012
  • Blinking green: Unit is not paired to a phone, or is searching for an already paired phone.
Thanks, this gave me the hint of what to try: I had to manually connect (not pair!) the phone's Bluetooth to the AAWireless dongle once more. After that, it now automatically connects again. I have no idea what changed, but I literally had to go to Bluetooth settings and connect to AAWireless once (again, not pairing!) and now it works again.

What however does not work is updating from 1.5.0 to 2.0.2 (it aborts at ca. 60 % progress each time I try), but that's not an issue for me because 1.5.0 is rock solid and I like what it does.

D

Deleted member 10362463

@Snirpo I have an idea which if you think is possible can implement. Since aawireless uses wifi ac wifi n. Due to interference it is forced to use wifi n. You can let people choose channel, channel width like 40 or 80 channel number to use with aawireless. According to their wishes and car setup it would be just like router. I think this will help people like me who live in country where 40 mhz is used by toll gates and aawireless crashes on tolls.

yarik1390

Nov 27, 2009
@Snirpo can you please my device Fp1EJQq6 to beta channel? Thank you in advance.

And also a question: is there a solution for disconnects on MIUI when mobile network is changed or mobile data is no available?

pittrich

Nov 13, 2009
Berlin
Google Pixel 5
Lenovo P11
How? On American Amazon there is no shipping fee and you can order it for 89 dollarsure, if you live in the US and maybe order there. If you have it delivered to Europe, you may even pay more than $15.

How? On American Amazon there is no shipping fee and you can order it for 89 dollars
Sure, if you live in the US and maybe order there. If you have it delivered to Europe, you may even pay more than $15.

Jemus

Jun 5, 2012
I am experiencing problems connecting my smartphone(s) via aawireless to my cars headunit.

Car: Opel Astra from 2020 I guess, equipped with "Navi Pro"
Smartphones: Samsung Note 20 Ultra, S21
AAWireless Version: 2.21.0

Because it wasn't possible to achieve a connection, I started right from the beginning as written here in post 2204:

- Reset the device and unplug it afterwards
- Clear all app data from and uninstall the AAWireless app
- Clear all cache and data from AA and Play services
- Remove the Bluetooth connection from AAWireless
- Remove all phone mirroring/Android/AAWireless history from your car
- Restart your car
- Restart your phone
- Go to the AA settings on your phone and enable developer mode, check add wireless Projection to Settings
- Plug your phone into the car with a cable and allow it to connect and run through the initial settings
- Unplug your phone
- Plug in the AAWireless unit
- Download and install the AAWireless app again and go through its initial connection again.

Still it looks like that:
AAwireless is booting up, LED is solid green
AAwireless is trying to connect to smartphone, LED is blinking green
AAwireless connects to Smartphone, LED is solid blue
Smartphone shows two notifications:
1) Smartphone is connected to Android Auto
2) I go to the Cars headunit and continue there with taking the initial steps

Poorly the cars headunit just shows that it is searching for the connected mobile phone, so that search gets initiated, but it doesn't find the phone or AAwireless or whatever it should find in that scenario. That the searching aborts, the AAwireless dongle is rebooting and everything starts from the beginning.

Actually I was able to establish a wireless connection using an old Samsung S8 using AAgateway App. So it is possible but sadly not working with AAwireless.

Do you guys have some other hints what to try? If you need any other information, I am happy to provide you with these.

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
I am experiencing problems connecting my smartphone(s) via aawireless to my cars headunit.

Car: Opel Astra from 2020 I guess, equipped with "Navi Pro"
Smartphones: Samsung Note 20 Ultra, S21
AAWireless Version: 2.21.0

Because it wasn't possible to achieve a connection, I started right from the beginning as written here in post 2204:

- Reset the device and unplug it afterwards
- Clear all app data from and uninstall the AAWireless app
- Clear all cache and data from AA and Play services
- Remove the Bluetooth connection from AAWireless
- Remove all phone mirroring/Android/AAWireless history from your car
- Restart your car
- Restart your phone
- Go to the AA settings on your phone and enable developer mode, check add wireless Projection to Settings
- Plug your phone into the car with a cable and allow it to connect and run through the initial settings
- Unplug your phone
- Plug in the AAWireless unit
- Download and install the AAWireless app again and go through its initial connection again.

Still it looks like that:
AAwireless is booting up, LED is solid green
AAwireless is trying to connect to smartphone, LED is blinking green
AAwireless connects to Smartphone, LED is solid blue
Smartphone shows two notifications:
1) Smartphone is connected to Android Auto
2) I go to the Cars headunit and continue there with taking the initial steps

Poorly the cars headunit just shows that it is searching for the connected mobile phone, so that search gets initiated, but it doesn't find the phone or AAwireless or whatever it should find in that scenario. That the searching aborts, the AAwireless dongle is rebooting and everything starts from the beginning.

Actually I was able to establish a wireless connection using an old Samsung S8 using AAgateway App. So it is possible but sadly not working with AAwireless.

Do you guys have some other hints what to try? If you need any other information, I am happy to provide you with these.

2.1.0 will also have a firmware based workaround/hack coming up.

This is not a problem in AAWireless, but in Android Auto/HU. MA1 has the same issue, confirmed with @psmedley .

Kinda odd AAGateway works, have to check what's different over there. Did you ever use The AAGateway solution before on this car?

EDIT: Actually think I might know why AAGateway works. Do you by any chance have the "Non ROOT mode" option enabled in AAGateway? When "Non ROOT mode" is enabled, AAGateway does the same "hack" as AAWireless does with firmware 2.1.0.

Last edited:
Reactions: osm0sis

Jemus

Jun 5, 2012

2.1.0 will also have a firmware based workaround/hack coming up.

This is not a problem in AAWireless, but in Android Auto/HU. MA1 has the same issue, confirmed with @psmedley .

Kinda odd AAGateway works, have to check what's different over there. Did you ever use The AAGateway solution before on this car?

EDIT: Actually think I might know why AAGateway works. Do you by any chance have the "Non ROOT mode" option enabled in AAGateway? When "Non ROOT mode" is enabled, AAGateway does the same "hack" as AAWireless does with firmware 2.1.0.
Yes I had to use non root Mode on the s8 because it just wasn't rooted. In the past I used a rooted Note 4 for AAgateway but it was another Car. Also Opel Astra but different Nav.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The bug in MIUI is there for around a year. It has same behavior with native (factory) enabled wireless Android auto units. So until you stay with MIUI you can't use wireless AA even if you buy new car.
    To enjoy wireless AA, IMO there are two options only:
    - change the phone
    - unlock bootloader and flash an AOSP rom (this is what I did and all working great on Mi 11 (venus)

By the way, once you try wireless Android auto (does not matter native or by any dongle on the market), you will never regret for changing the rom or the phone....
    Here's the same problem on an MA1:
    In general I'd advice NOT to buy an Xiaomi phone if you want to use Android Auto Wireless. They have been sh*t since the beginning. Older MIUI had no mobile internet while using AA Wireless. MIUI > 12.5 has these disconnection issues when mobile network reconnects.
    Huawei is also horrible for Android Auto Wireless.
    We decided to only support phones from the official list of Google (https://support.google.com/androida...py=,android-auto-on-your-car-display-wireless), cause it's just not maintainable anymore.
    Connect through wifi (wifi password is the uppercased sha1 of the SSID). Then download from http://10.42.1.1:8000
    Thanks for sharing this information!

@Phantom1275, @kostiksimb and others wondering how to do this:
    1. get the SSID (that is the name of the WIFI) of your AAW device, something like AndroidAuto-AAWxxxxxxxx or AAWireless-xxxxxxxx with xxxxxxxx being your AAW device id
    2. enter the SSID in http://www.sha1-online.com to calculate the SHA1 and copy the result
    3. paste the result in http://www.unit-conversion.info/texttools/uppercase/ to convert it to uppercase, the result is the WIFI password
    I'm still using the Ottocast in one of the cars. Now something finally makes sense as it only says Carplay and it's been confusing since the start. There is a great new startup UI that is a big improvement, that I think is in beta. The first was terrible at connections but the second connects up rock solid every time. It does have some audio issues but seems to be getting better each time. I didn't find the FW update process to be difficult.

I may swap this with the other VW to test the Assistant audio issue I have.
    We're also looking into doing AA via CarPlay protocol. This will definitely help on some cars with horrible Android Auto implementation.
    Nobody seems to answer by humble question quoted below.Anyone please give me the advice whether Android Auto will work with VIVO X FOLD or OPPO N FIND FOLD Phone.
    Waiting with thanks...
    If they don't work with Android Auto via USB cable or wirelessly then they will also not work with the AAWireless dongle.
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to wait before purchasing until the miui bug is sorted out by xiaomi and who knows when this is going to be
    The bug in MIUI is there for around a year. It has same behavior with native (factory) enabled wireless Android auto units. So until you stay with MIUI you can't use wireless AA even if you buy new car.
    To enjoy wireless AA, IMO there are two options only:
    - change the phone
    - unlock bootloader and flash an AOSP rom (this is what I did and all working great on Mi 11 (venus)

By the way, once you try wireless Android auto (does not matter native or by any dongle on the market), you will never regret for changing the rom or the phone....
    This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
    I used to get the same thing. I believe it is an issue with AA/Google rather than AAW. In any event, I have had to give up on AAW as I can't connect to it/won't update, just sits there with a constant light-blue light. It is a (very expensive) paper weight on my desk now. It is just "too Beta" for my requirements.

I have now got a Carlink 2022 Android box which works flawlessly for me.
    MG ZS EV 2022
    Galaxy S21 Ultra (not rooted)
    I know I should ignore these posts, but these are the comments why I'm honestly considering completely dropping out any forum / reddit / social media. What's the point? We have support, we have warranty, we have a refund policy. It might be "beta" for you, but we shipped over 100k devices and believe me or not, for most, it just works. It's the same thing for all of these dongles. They will not work perfectly for all, there are just too many variables.
    I just want to leave a big THANK YOU for the developers! You invented a great product and do a great job here.

Anyone who has ordered the product knows that it is a crowdfunding project, which may also have teething problems. I find it cheeky to get upset about problems, even though they are dealt with promptly here. What more should the distributors do than react to the problems here and offer solutions?

I also have problems with the device, but I was helped quickly. Even if it takes a few days.

Dear team: Keep up the good work!
    Very close to release of 2.1.0 now. We fixed the UConnect issue, except for some cases where you still have to re-plug the device, but this is also the case on the MA1.
    We fixed the "VW Headunit crashing on skipping tracks" issue now completely. Confirmed it's a bug on the HU side, latency makes it worse. We will probably push a new firmware by the end of this week.
    I will also submit a bug report to Google, cause they can fix/workaround this issue as well for cabled users.