AAWireless - General discussion and support

Search This thread

billarf01

Aug 17, 2022
? for you... On the AA Wireless Adapter for Android shipping from Amazon, what firmware # is loaded on them.. I have been told by fellow Wrangler JL owner to roll back to / to only use firmware version 1.8 . When I receive my dongle from Amazon on 8/30/22 I want to be sure it has only 1.8 firmware. Thanks for you reply.. I am Rhinebeck01 in this thread talking MA1. IF I have success with AA Wireless dongle I will be posting about it.. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...1-wireless-android-adapter.86856/post-2054720

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
? for you... On the AA Wireless Adapter for Android shipping from Amazon, what firmware # is loaded on them.. I have been told by fellow Wrangler JL owner to roll back to / to only use firmware version 1.8 . When I receive my dongle from Amazon on 8/30/22 I want to be sure it has only 1.8 firmware. Thanks for you reply.. I am Rhinebeck01 in this thread talking MA1. IF I have success with AA Wireless dongle I will be posting about it.. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...1-wireless-android-adapter.86856/post-2054720
It will arrive with 1.12.0, which is equal to 1.8 (gen1 vs gen2). No dongles are shipping from factory with 2.x yet.
UConnect is still blacklisted in the backend from 2.x. However we will soon remove this blacklist, because firmware 2.1.0 should work fine with UConnect.

chrisbrunner

Aug 17, 2022
Hi all,

I wannt to update my AAWireless firmware version 1.0.0.
I have connect the the device an the AAWireless android app in version 2.21.0 state, that there is a new version 2.0.2 available.
I click on "Start download" and the download ends with 100%.
But after that, instead of showing a button "start update", again the button "Start download" is shown.
Also downloading again, does not change anything.

It is the same using a Samsung Galaxy S9 or a Pixel 6a as a mobile phone and the same if I have connected the device in the care or with a laptop.

Any ideas, why this happends and why the update isn't installed?

I am a german user and are using the german localisation of the app.

Thank you very much!
Christoph

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
Hi all,

I have connect the the device an the AAWireless android app in version 2.21.0 state, that there is a new version 2.0.2 available.
But after that, instead of showing a button "start update", again the button "Start download" is shown.

It is the same using a Samsung Galaxy S9 or a Pixel 6a as a mobile phone and the same if I have connected the device in the care or with a laptop.

Thank you very much!
Christoph
Oh jeez, that's a golden oldie :) Not sure why this happens, I'll check if I can reproduce. Might be a bug.

Reactions: pittrich

Top Liked Posts

It will arrive with 1.12.0, which is equal to 1.8 (gen1 vs gen2). No dongles are shipping from factory with 2.x yet.
    UConnect is still blacklisted in the backend from 2.x. However we will soon remove this blacklist, because firmware 2.1.0 should work fine with UConnect.
    Hi all,

Thank you very much!
    Christoph
    Oh jeez, that's a golden oldie :) Not sure why this happens, I'll check if I can reproduce. Might be a bug.
    I used to get the same thing. I believe it is an issue with AA/Google rather than AAW. In any event, I have had to give up on AAW as I can't connect to it/won't update, just sits there with a constant light-blue light. It is a (very expensive) paper weight on my desk now. It is just "too Beta" for my requirements.

I have now got a Carlink 2022 Android box which works flawlessly for me.
    MG ZS EV 2022
    Galaxy S21 Ultra (not rooted)
    I know I should ignore these posts, but these are the comments why I'm honestly considering completely dropping out any forum / reddit / social media. What's the point? We have support, we have warranty, we have a refund policy. It might be "beta" for you, but we shipped over 100k devices and believe me or not, for most, it just works. It's the same thing for all of these dongles. They will not work perfectly for all, there are just too many variables.
    Very close to release of 2.1.0 now. We fixed the UConnect issue, except for some cases where you still have to re-plug the device, but this is also the case on the MA1.
    @Snirpo
    in the development version of the AAWireless app the start/stop settings have experimental settings which are greyed-out and cannot be selected. If I had the firmware 2.1.0 would they then be active?
    In dev app yes. Production app no. We'll start rollout of 2.1.0 this evening.
    I know I should ignore these posts, but these are the comments why I'm honestly considering completely dropping out any forum / reddit / social media. What's the point? We have support, we have warranty, we have a refund policy. It might be "beta" for you, but we shipped over 100k devices and believe me or not, for most, it just works. It's the same thing for all of these dongles. They will not work perfectly for all, there are just too many variables.
    I remember a post from a guy with the classic “I've been in the industry for years” claim. He said that because he had a weekly internal briefing at his workplace, you should be doing the same for us here. If you give an inch, they want a mile.

Then you have all the narcissistic Karens with zero patience that say whatever they think will get your attention so they can jump the queue. Even when you (quite rightly) post that firmware will now be staggered with no release announcement, you have an immediate request from someone with “faulty” units asking you to announce when the release will start!?!

It must be incredibly frustrating and every rational user will understand. Even if you decide against stepping back permanently, please take a lengthy break.
    @[email protected]:
    Please stop spamming this thread !
    This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
    I used to get the same thing. I believe it is an issue with AA/Google rather than AAW. In any event, I have had to give up on AAW as I can't connect to it/won't update, just sits there with a constant light-blue light. It is a (very expensive) paper weight on my desk now. It is just "too Beta" for my requirements.

I have now got a Carlink 2022 Android box which works flawlessly for me.
    MG ZS EV 2022
    Galaxy S21 Ultra (not rooted)
    I just want to leave a big THANK YOU for the developers! You invented a great product and do a great job here.

Anyone who has ordered the product knows that it is a crowdfunding project, which may also have teething problems. I find it cheeky to get upset about problems, even though they are dealt with promptly here. What more should the distributors do than react to the problems here and offer solutions?

I also have problems with the device, but I was helped quickly. Even if it takes a few days.

Dear team: Keep up the good work!
    Very close to release of 2.1.0 now. We fixed the UConnect issue, except for some cases where you still have to re-plug the device, but this is also the case on the MA1.
    We fixed the "VW Headunit crashing on skipping tracks" issue now completely. Confirmed it's a bug on the HU side, latency makes it worse. We will probably push a new firmware by the end of this week.
    I will also submit a bug report to Google, cause they can fix/workaround this issue as well for cabled users.