AAWireless - General discussion and support

Search This thread

Falcon56Flyer

Sep 26, 2022
I have a 2020 Chevy Equinox, Motorola One 5G Ace, AAWireless running 2.1.0. I have it working with the AAW hotspot and the GMFix enabled. I tried the client mode using the in-vehicle Wi-Fi for AAW and phone. The phone seems to connect to the AAW device fine. However, in this mode Android Auto does not detect anything. Thoughts on what to try?

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
sooo.... anyone have troubles with the current AAWireless firmware version (2.1)?

the version before the firmware 2.1 was almost perfect. super stable, i cannot remember if i had any connection losses. i'm driving a 2015 Audi A6 C7.

then i did the update to version 2.1 and the troubles started.
it's a desaster. 2.1 is the worst firmware i've had so far.
it keeps disconnecting/crashing over and over. can't listen one song without a crash. it's like 2 crashes in 5 minutes. no matter what settings i try.

now it got even worse and it crashes like 2-3 times very quickly after another and then somehow the Audi MMI (car media system) is so ****ed up that there is no more sound even if AA connects. i have to restart the MMI then. royally ****ed up.

is there a way to downgrade the firmware back to before version 2.1?
Sure, what's the name of your device? (AAWireless-xxxx or AndroidAuto-AAWxxx). I'll enable the previous firmware. I don't think this is because of the firmware though, but please provide feedback when it helped.

Pfffr

Oct 24, 2015
Sure, what's the name of your device? (AAWireless-xxxx or AndroidAuto-AAWxxx). I'll enable the previous firmware. I don't think this is because of the firmware though, but please provide feedback when it helped.
for real? that's surprisingly convenient lol
my device name is AndroidAuto-AAW89883494

so it will appear in my app and i can install it then like i did with the 2.1?
if there will be let's say 2.2, will it appear in my app then?

you don't think the problems are caused by the app but do you have any idea what else could be the problem?

thanks in advance

pnsdhrn

Nov 19, 2010
My Samsung Fold2 is not rooted and is running on Android 12 OS.It is having Android Auto Version 8.1.626424 and is connected wirelessly with Blaupunkt San Andreas 970 Car head unit.How to add the Sygic Navigation App in my phone to the car screen?

valeri_s_k

Aug 24, 2020
Bourgas
My Samsung Fold2 is not rooted and is running on Android 12 OS.It is having Android Auto Version 8.1.626424 and is connected wirelessly with Blaupunkt San Andreas 970 Car head unit.How to add the Sygic Navigation App in my phone to the car screen?
I have it - just install on your phone . If I remember well, Sygic AA compitability is premium option, so you need to activate/subscribe for premium and it will appear in AA.

Reactions: pnsdhrn

pnsdhrn

Nov 19, 2010
I have it - just install on your phone . If I remember well, Sygic AA compitability is premium option, so you need to activate/subscribe for premium and it will appear in AA.
Thank you,valeri.I also had Sygic Installed in my and purchased Premium licence through Google Playstore.Sygic also shows my Premium licence in it's Settings.Also it is worth to mention that Sygic appears in the Car screen when the phone is connected to the Car unit with USB Code.I issue of absence Sygic App occurs only when the phone is connected with the Car Unit WIRELESSLY.Would any one suggest a fruitful solution please?

valeri_s_k

Aug 24, 2020
Bourgas
Thank you,valeri.I also had Sygic Installed in my and purchased Premium licence through Google Playstore.Sygic also shows my Premium licence in it's Settings.Also it is worth to mention that Sygic appears in the Car screen when the phone is connected to the Car unit with USB Code.I issue of absence Sygic App occurs only when the phone is connected with the Car Unit WIRELESSLY.Would any one suggest a fruitful solution please?
Strange, it did appear in wireless connection, but to be honest I haven't used it recently. Going to check that later.

Reactions: pnsdhrn

Pfffr

Oct 24, 2015

So, today I immediately downgraded to 2.0.2.
Didn't reset anything or make changes to the settings.
Driving 1h 15m I had not a single issue. Everything worked perfectly fine. I even had 3 stops in between.

So to me it seems the downgrade really helped.

Something that came to my mind additionally.
I use a radar/crash warning app which I start on the phone and it announces warning via audio.
With the 2.1 it stopped working with car audio pretty fast and then the announcements came from the phone speaker. Now back to 2.0.2 the announcements are comuing from the car speaker again.

Just hit me up if I can help somehow. I could go back to 2.1 and log stuff if that's possible and then go back to 2.0.2

Also would you suggest that I upgrade to the next version (maybe 2.1.1) if available. Possibly I'd need to downgrade again if it's as bad as 2.1 and I guess I would have to hit you up to be able to do that?

Reactions: HofaTheRipper

DeanGibson

Apr 30, 2011
Seattle, WA
I use a radar/crash warning app which I start on the phone and it announces warning via audio.
With the 2.1 it stopped working with car audio pretty fast and then the announcements came from the phone speaker. Now back to 2.0.2 the announcements are comuing from the car speaker again.
Perhaps your WiFi frequency for the AAW dongle changed. Some radar detectors use WiFi frequencies, I think.

Last edited:

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
So, today I immediately downgraded to 2.0.2.
Didn't reset anything or make changes to the settings.
Driving 1h 15m I had not a single issue. Everything worked perfectly fine. I even had 3 stops in between.

So to me it seems the downgrade really helped.

Something that came to my mind additionally.

Just hit me up if I can help somehow. I could go back to 2.1 and log stuff if that's possible and then go back to 2.0.2

Also would you suggest that I upgrade to the next version (maybe 2.1.1) if available. Possibly I'd need to downgrade again if it's as bad as 2.1 and I guess I would have to hit you up to be able to do that?
It doesn't make any sense to be honest. I enabled 2.1.0 again for a sanity check. Can you please update to 2.1.0 again?

Falcon56Flyer

Sep 26, 2022
I have a 2020 Chevy Equinox, Motorola One 5G Ace, AAWireless running 2.1.0. I have it working with the AAW hotspot and the GMFix enabled. I tried the client mode using the in-vehicle Wi-Fi for AAW and phone. The phone seems to connect to the AAW device fine. However, in this mode Android Auto does not detect anything. Thoughts on what to try?
So this morning it connected then crashed within a couple of minutes. I enabled pass through and it worked great a couple of times. The next time, it didn't connect I selected restart in the AAW pull down notification and it took right off. Seems to be working pretty good so far but will continue to test.

Pinni

Dec 14, 2013
Hi All,

Just fired up my new dongle and the main menu in the aawireless app says there is an update available, but, when I go into the update screen it says that 1.12.0 is the latest firmware.

What on earth am I doing wrong?

Aawireless-WsQhLTKH

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi @Snirpo
    On the issue 172, you mention: "We're looking into doing AA over CarPlay protocol, then it should be solved"
    Do you have any news on this progress? I'm so disappointed that I can't use my box.
    We have this working, but not yet ready for production unfortunately.
    Is there any way to purchase a device now? It show sold out on the website and I'm not finding it on Amazon.
    Sadly we're sold out everywhere now. Black Friday went a bit better than we expected. Plus we made a big change in the production, sadly we have some production delays because of that. New stock will come soon.
    Tnx.
    I've been using it for two months. I agree with you. Many things show issues after a longer period.
    There was one minor update to the Carsifi app (not firmware for the adapter). After I set it, it simply works and I didn't have problems with it, except for some disconnections in the same places. I "found" two of them - circle cca 50-100 meters, where it simply disconnects while driving. But it reconnects back very quickly without any intervention.
    Conclusion: I'm very happy with Carsifi as you can read in the review.
    Review with affiliate link. Smells funky.... Anyway... Smart move I guess 😂
    I have the same disconnections with a POCO F3, but since AAW 2.0.1 firmware (or possibly dongle mode?) my calls no longer disconnect when the phone cuts wifi. Android Auto stops working but the call continues seamlessly. I have to reconnect AAWireless manually when this happens, but all other dropouts reconnect automatically when I’m not on a call. My route even continues in Waze so I can live with this.

I considered switching to PixelExperience many times, but the potential issues and quirks that people report always seem worse than the disconnections. I also thought about going for a Pixel 7 then I see various posts about connection issues. I’ll hold out for the official A13 based MIUI and switch to a Pixel if Xiaomi still haven’t fixed the problem by then.
    I can’t see in my video that it is constantly connected and disconnected. This situation is repeated within a few minutes. I have changed several cables and nothing has worked. I believe that many people have my problem. With the same situation, they also can't find the problem
    Please contact support at [email protected], they can help you. Could be defective, could be some car incompatibility. We replace, we refund if the same problem occurs. Unfortunately we can't make everyone happy with the inherent issues Android Auto / head units / phones have.
    This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
    I used to get the same thing. I believe it is an issue with AA/Google rather than AAW. In any event, I have had to give up on AAW as I can't connect to it/won't update, just sits there with a constant light-blue light. It is a (very expensive) paper weight on my desk now. It is just "too Beta" for my requirements.

I have now got a Carlink 2022 Android box which works flawlessly for me.
    MG ZS EV 2022
    Galaxy S21 Ultra (not rooted)
    I know I should ignore these posts, but these are the comments why I'm honestly considering completely dropping out any forum / reddit / social media. What's the point? We have support, we have warranty, we have a refund policy. It might be "beta" for you, but we shipped over 100k devices and believe me or not, for most, it just works. It's the same thing for all of these dongles. They will not work perfectly for all, there are just too many variables.
    I just want to leave a big THANK YOU for the developers! You invented a great product and do a great job here.

Anyone who has ordered the product knows that it is a crowdfunding project, which may also have teething problems. I find it cheeky to get upset about problems, even though they are dealt with promptly here. What more should the distributors do than react to the problems here and offer solutions?

I also have problems with the device, but I was helped quickly. Even if it takes a few days.

Dear team: Keep up the good work!
    Very close to release of 2.1.0 now. We fixed the UConnect issue, except for some cases where you still have to re-plug the device, but this is also the case on the MA1.
    We fixed the "VW Headunit crashing on skipping tracks" issue now completely. Confirmed it's a bug on the HU side, latency makes it worse. We will probably push a new firmware by the end of this week.
    I will also submit a bug report to Google, cause they can fix/workaround this issue as well for cabled users.