AAWireless - General discussion and support

Search This thread

Aliminium

Sep 28, 2022
I have a Toyota Corolla H/B (2021) and a Xiaomi 11 lite 5G. It connects just fine but (although i don't mind the random disconnects) what bothers me is when i receive a call the Android Auto disconnects, routes the call on regular car bluetooth and when i hang up it connects again. This is a problem because i'm losing the google maps display.

Is there a solution not to disconnect when receiving a call ?
same issue here, played around with some settings but none worked so far

lottjam1

Dec 23, 2011
I have been running on development firmware for quite a while because I needed the Hyundai/Genesis fix. Last Saturday I upgraded to 2.3.0-202209221429-develop-59e4135-develop-4b6c649d. Since Saturday I'd guess my connection has dropped 20-30 times. Sometimes it would reconnect automatically within 30sec to a minute. Sometimes I had to unplug and restart AAWireless device. I forced a reset from the companion app and the disconnect problem persisted. Addionally the reset changed the name of my device which I thought wasn't supposed to happen with a reset. @Snirpo can I get downgraded? I don't remember what previous development firmware I had but I don't ever recall a disconnect. My new device name is AAW618d00f after resetting (original name was AAWireless-yuQEt7aO)

BTW - I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 and a 2023 Genesis GV80. To my knowledge nothing updated on either my phone or my car near the time I upgraded the firmware in my AAWireless.

Last edited:

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
I have been running on development firmware for quite a while because I needed the Hyundai/Genesis fix. Last Saturday I upgraded to 2.3.0-202209221429-develop-59e4135-develop-4b6c649d. Since Saturday I'd guess my connection has dropped 20-30 times. Sometimes it would reconnect automatically within 30sec to a minute. Sometimes I had to unplug and restart AAWireless device. I forced a reset from the companion app and the disconnect problem persisted. Addionally the reset changed the name of my device which I thought wasn't supposed to happen with a reset. @Snirpo can I get downgraded? I don't remember what previous development firmware I had but I don't ever recall a disconnect. My new device name is AAW618d00f after resetting (original name was AAWireless-yuQEt7aO)

BTW - I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 and a 2023 Genesis GV80. To my knowledge nothing updated on either my phone or my car near the time I upgraded the firmware in my AAWireless.
For a sanity check I enabled the production firmware for now. Please shoot in some logs (bug report) via the app as well, so i can check what's happening.

Hoinar

Sep 29, 2022
Hi all :)

I bought the 3rd wireless AA. The first 2 did not work properly because they kept disconnecting every 1-2 minutes. I found to buy the device from a representative in Romania and after a discussion with him by phone, I ordered another one. That person told me that the logout issues were fixed...nope...it's not fixed. I have a Samsung S20 FE 5G and a Suzuki S-Cross with Bosch SLDA, software version 1890. Tried with passtrough, all USB modes... no change... disconnects after a min or 2. I disable battery saver, no a change. Any idea what I can do to fix the problem? I don't want to refund, but in this condition the device cannot be used.

Thanks

Later Edit : I tried to use the device with another phone, it does the same. I tried with another cable ... it does the same. Conclusion ... return and I will not come back to buy this device.

Last edited:

pittrich

Nov 13, 2009
Berlin
Google Pixel 5
Lenovo P11

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220929-082810.png
    Screenshot_20220929-082810.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 67

yuriy.bolgov

Apr 26, 2010
Kiev
Hi all,

My car and phone supports rSIM, so the car use my sim-card via BT, and provide internet access through car's wifi hotspot. Is it possible to connect aawireless to car's wifi and get aauto to work?

I've tried 'wifi client mode' in the settings, but it doesn't work, but car shows (in the client list) that the device conneted.

Firmware 2.1.0.

Car - Audi A6 C8 2019 (MIB2+)

lottjam1

Dec 23, 2011
For a sanity check I enabled the production firmware for now. Please shoot in some logs (bug report) via the app as well, so i can check what's happening.
Thanks for the production firmware. No issues since I installed this morning, but probably only an hour of use today. I'll try to remember to enable bug reports when I get in my car for the near future but not sure if I'll have the issue with this firmware.

pnsdhrn

Nov 19, 2010
Yes, Sygic is available and working in wireless connection.
I have AA ver 8.0, not sure if it matters.
Thank you valeri.I also got sygic working. now.Firstly,I connected the phone with the car unit using USB code and got Sygic on the car screen.Then I connected the phone wirelessly.Now sygic appeared again fully working.

Kingcool88

Oct 29, 2008
Since updating to 2.1 the device has become unusable för me. All things playing sound stutters ALOT.
Can you please downgrade me to previous firmware?

b3SzxlaQ
@Snirpo can you please add me back to production firmware as going back don't seam to fix the problems I'm having :(

Anyone else with OnePlus 9 pro and OOS12 with similar problems?

Edit:
Ok i think i found the cause of my issues.
When browsing through my settings on my phone, i saw "Auto connect to best wifi network available" was enabled. So i disabled it and have tested without any issues at all now. So the phone itself don't connect directly to the AAwireless wifi as it did before (as it was the best wifi available when l was out driving), with massive stuttering issues as an effect of that.

Last edited:

Pfffr

Oct 24, 2015
It doesn't make any sense to be honest. I enabled 2.1.0 again for a sanity check. Can you please update to 2.1.0 again?

So on tuesday I could not go back as 2.1 was not available for me yet.
I tried again on wednesday and I could update from 2.0.2 to 2.1, but it was difficult.
As long as the AAW device was connected to the car multimedia the update would always fail between 50 to 70 percent. I tried like ten times. I then connected the AAW device to a usb without multimedia so it would only be powered but not connected and the update worked.

I tested the 2.1 on wednesday and thursday for each time like one hour.
I both times I had massive troubles with the initial connect after turning on the car. The phone would say AAW is connected, AA is conneted and I can use it on my car display, but the car multimedia showed AA disconnected/not available. Both times I hat to reset/restart the multimedia system with a special 3 button reset trick and then AAW/AA was available.
Except for those issues the 2.1 version was very stable this time and had no disconnects. After short breaks incl engine/car off and on the connection was pretty smooth.

There is only one issue there still is for me. It has nothing to do with the current versions, it has been there all the time, but got better with the last versions.
When I switch from AA to car media like usb stick, radio etc. or when I mute the sound using the car mute button or when I use the phone which will switch audio to direct bluetooth call connection to the car then after that most of the times AA is not able to get the audio back. Songs won't play, it just says play for 2 seconds and then goes to pause again. I have to reconnect (plug out and back in) AAW to get the sound back. But I think this also is a general AA issue which also occurs when directly connected with a cable.

I'll stay on 2.1 and keep an eye on the initial connect issue. I'll post again if I have further info for you.

Thanks for your help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi @Snirpo
    On the issue 172, you mention: "We're looking into doing AA over CarPlay protocol, then it should be solved"
    Do you have any news on this progress? I'm so disappointed that I can't use my box.
    We have this working, but not yet ready for production unfortunately.
    Is there any way to purchase a device now? It show sold out on the website and I'm not finding it on Amazon.
    Sadly we're sold out everywhere now. Black Friday went a bit better than we expected. Plus we made a big change in the production, sadly we have some production delays because of that. New stock will come soon.
    Tnx.
    I've been using it for two months. I agree with you. Many things show issues after a longer period.
    There was one minor update to the Carsifi app (not firmware for the adapter). After I set it, it simply works and I didn't have problems with it, except for some disconnections in the same places. I "found" two of them - circle cca 50-100 meters, where it simply disconnects while driving. But it reconnects back very quickly without any intervention.
    Conclusion: I'm very happy with Carsifi as you can read in the review.
    Review with affiliate link. Smells funky.... Anyway... Smart move I guess 😂
    I can’t see in my video that it is constantly connected and disconnected. This situation is repeated within a few minutes. I have changed several cables and nothing has worked. I believe that many people have my problem. With the same situation, they also can't find the problem
    Please contact support at [email protected], they can help you. Could be defective, could be some car incompatibility. We replace, we refund if the same problem occurs. Unfortunately we can't make everyone happy with the inherent issues Android Auto / head units / phones have.
    I have the same disconnections with a POCO F3, but since AAW 2.0.1 firmware (or possibly dongle mode?) my calls no longer disconnect when the phone cuts wifi. Android Auto stops working but the call continues seamlessly. I have to reconnect AAWireless manually when this happens, but all other dropouts reconnect automatically when I’m not on a call. My route even continues in Waze so I can live with this.

I considered switching to PixelExperience many times, but the potential issues and quirks that people report always seem worse than the disconnections. I also thought about going for a Pixel 7 then I see various posts about connection issues. I’ll hold out for the official A13 based MIUI and switch to a Pixel if Xiaomi still haven’t fixed the problem by then.
    This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
    I used to get the same thing. I believe it is an issue with AA/Google rather than AAW. In any event, I have had to give up on AAW as I can't connect to it/won't update, just sits there with a constant light-blue light. It is a (very expensive) paper weight on my desk now. It is just "too Beta" for my requirements.

I have now got a Carlink 2022 Android box which works flawlessly for me.
    MG ZS EV 2022
    Galaxy S21 Ultra (not rooted)
    I know I should ignore these posts, but these are the comments why I'm honestly considering completely dropping out any forum / reddit / social media. What's the point? We have support, we have warranty, we have a refund policy. It might be "beta" for you, but we shipped over 100k devices and believe me or not, for most, it just works. It's the same thing for all of these dongles. They will not work perfectly for all, there are just too many variables.
    I just want to leave a big THANK YOU for the developers! You invented a great product and do a great job here.

Anyone who has ordered the product knows that it is a crowdfunding project, which may also have teething problems. I find it cheeky to get upset about problems, even though they are dealt with promptly here. What more should the distributors do than react to the problems here and offer solutions?

I also have problems with the device, but I was helped quickly. Even if it takes a few days.

Dear team: Keep up the good work!
    Very close to release of 2.1.0 now. We fixed the UConnect issue, except for some cases where you still have to re-plug the device, but this is also the case on the MA1.
    We fixed the "VW Headunit crashing on skipping tracks" issue now completely. Confirmed it's a bug on the HU side, latency makes it worse. We will probably push a new firmware by the end of this week.
    I will also submit a bug report to Google, cause they can fix/workaround this issue as well for cabled users.