AAWireless - General discussion and support

Search This thread

thepher

Feb 14, 2009
Hello , with my combination, MZD Connect and Xiaomi 12 Lite (Miui 13) , i disable passthrougt and enable GM fix, and i think is more stable, less disconnections i think.

josefsch

Jun 11, 2009
The dev app sends debug logs on startup (production app does not). It shouldn't be that much though. I'll check it out.
I noticed a change in the AAWireless (dev) app:
2.26.0-202209230759-develop-ee820cb (2260000)
d56ffb0 Set max debug log size to 1 MB to lower the amount of data usage
However, my phone reports ~30MB mobile data usage for AAWireless (dev) after a 1h drive today.
My device is AndroidAuto-AAWuU9qZkbW

Phantom1275

Nov 5, 2007
Rio de Janeiro
Guys, how do I get Aawireless syslog file? I have been trying address 10.42.1.1:8000/syslog from my mobile when Aawireless is connected/in use in my car, with no success.

Can someone teach me how to do it?

pnsdhrn

Nov 19, 2010
I intend to update my phone to either VIVO X FOLD or OPPO FIND N phone.But I see posts in xda forums of these phones and Android Auto saying Android Auto is not working in these phones either using USB Code or Wirelessly.So,can I get Android Auto working in these phones if I purchase Android Auto Wireless Dongle and without ROOTING THESE PHONES?
Anybody please advise.
Waiting with thanks....

josefsch

Jun 11, 2009
Guys, how do I get Aawireless syslog file? I have been trying address 10.42.1.1:8000/syslog from my mobile when Aawireless is connected/in use in my car, with no success.

Can someone teach me how to do it?
I recently switched from a Huawei P20 lite (Android 9) to a Samsung A53 (Android 12) and also could not download the syslog. With Android 12 the special WLAN configured and used by Android Auto seems to be "very special" since it is not listed in the saved WLANs and apparently does not allow a browser to connect to the AAWireless box and download the syslog.

Somehow though, I managed to do it, involving the following

• turn off headunit to prevent Android Auto from taking over (just turning off Bluetooth on the phone did not work, since AA turned it on again)
  • configure the WLAN for the AAWireless box manually (I still had the WLAN password from using the Huawei P20 lite) - you may need to contact support to get your WLAN password
  • turn off mobile data to prevent the browser from trying to connect to the AAW box over mobile data
  • connect to the AAWireless WLAN
  • open http://10.42.1.1:8000/syslog in the browser and download the syslog

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
I recently switched from a Huawei P20 lite (Android 9) to a Samsung A53 (Android 12) and also could not download the syslog. With Android 12 the special WLAN configured and used by Android Auto seems to be "very special" since it is not listed in the saved WLANs and apparently does not allow a browser to connect to the AAWireless box and download the syslog.

Somehow though, I managed to do it, involving the following
  • turn off headunit to prevent Android Auto from taking over (just turning off Bluetooth on the phone did not work, since AA turned it on again)
  • configure the WLAN for the AAWireless box manually (I still had the WLAN password from using the Huawei P20 lite) - you may need to contact support to get your WLAN password
  • turn off mobile data to prevent the browser from trying to connect to the AAW box over mobile data
  • connect to the AAWireless WLAN
  • open http://10.42.1.1:8000/syslog in the browser and download the syslog
Or just connect from a PC and download the log :)

pnsdhrn

Nov 19, 2010
Nobody seems to answer by humble question quoted below.Anyone please give me the advice whether Android Auto will work with VIVO X FOLD or OPPO N FIND FOLD Phone.
Waiting with thanks...
I intend to update my phone to either VIVO X FOLD or OPPO FIND N phone.But I see posts in xda forums of these phones and Android Auto saying Android Auto is not working in these phones either using USB Code or Wirelessly.So,can I get Android Auto working in these phones if I purchase Android Auto Wireless Dongle and without ROOTING THESE PHONES?
Anybody please advise.
Waiting with thanks....

m184

Mar 13, 2011
what is best settings for skoda scala with samsung s22 ultra, everymorning my connection is losting after 5-15 minutes..
Connection come back after 30-90 seconds..

Last edited:
Reactions: Augusta Perusia

martin.armstrong

Feb 22, 2019
Nobody seems to answer by humble question quoted below.Anyone please give me the advice whether Android Auto will work with VIVO X FOLD or OPPO N FIND FOLD Phone.
Waiting with thanks...
If they don't work with Android Auto via USB cable or wirelessly then they will also not work with the AAWireless dongle.

Last edited:

pnsdhrn

Nov 19, 2010
If they don't work with Android Auto via USB cable then they will also not work with AAWireless.
Thank you martin.armstrng for your reply.But seems that you have not understood my question correctly. What I want to know is that whther Android Auto work in VIVO X FOLD or OPPO FIND N FOLD or Mi MIX FOLD phone either with USB code or wirelessly.If Android Auto does not work in these phones I have to purchase a Samsung Fold phone.So please be kind enough to clarify this.
Waiting again with thanks...

kostiksimb

Aug 5, 2019
What is default wifi password for my device?

_vNcssAPe

My phone (Samsung S21+) lost wifi connection with device sometimes every 5 min, sometimes every hour and etc sometime every 10 sec
FW: 2.1.0
S21+
VW TOUAREG 2019
Vag Fix Enabled
Ugreen Cable, Samsung cable - no effect
i have changed wifi chanles 149 153 etc no effect

Reactions: Augusta Perusia

josefsch

Jun 11, 2009
Connect through wifi (wifi password is the uppercased sha1 of the SSID). Then download from http://10.42.1.1:8000
Thanks for sharing this information!

@Phantom1275, @kostiksimb and others wondering how to do this:
  1. get the SSID (that is the name of the WIFI) of your AAW device, something like AndroidAuto-AAWxxxxxxxx or AAWireless-xxxxxxxx with xxxxxxxx being your AAW device id
  2. enter the SSID in http://www.sha1-online.com to calculate the SHA1 and copy the result
  3. paste the result in http://www.unit-conversion.info/texttools/uppercase/ to convert it to uppercase, the result is the WIFI password

martin.armstrong

Feb 22, 2019
Thanks for sharing this information!

@Phantom1275, @kostiksimb and others wondering how to do this:
  1. get the SSID (that is the name of the WIFI) of your AAW device, something like AndroidAuto-AAWxxxxxxxx or AAWireless-xxxxxxxx with xxxxxxxx being your AAW device id
  2. enter the SSID in http://www.sha1-online.com to calculate the SHA1 and copy the result
  3. paste the result in
    http://www.unit-conversion.info/texttools/uppercase/ to convert it to uppercase, the result is the WIFI password
@Snirpo This information could be put in the AAWireless FAQs, if it is not already there, to avoid users having to contact support to get the WIFI password.

Reactions: Swap_File

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
@Snirpo This information could be put in the AAWireless FAQs, if it is not already there, to avoid users having to contact support to get the WIFI password.
We didn't do that on purpose. Because non-tech are going to set up to connection to the wifi hotspot of AAWireless manually. It will not help in any way. AA should set up the wifi connection via the bluetooth bootstrap. Manually connecting to the wifi of AAWireless will not help to get AA up and running.

Hello!

@Snirpo I have notice something, IDK if this was discussed before... But having the device with start/stop, if a disconnection (by interference) occours (It happens to me not so often, only sometimes passing under a teletag - toll - reader, but still happens) the device goes to white LED indication, but as the phone is already connected to the car's BT the AAW doesn't move forward to give AA connection again, so I have to manually force bluetooth off/on so it reconnects to the car unit and then the AAW start again the AA connection... Does this makes sense to you? - Is there any way to avoid the manual BT operation? - So if the AAW disconnects from the phone and it's in waiting for BT (white LED), but the BT is already connected, resume AA on the unit...

I hope the issue is clear enough...

Thanks!

P.D> This doesn't occur without Start/Stop, as it automatically reconnects some seconds after the disconnection. (It normally does a red blinking cycle, to green, to blue and reconnects)

kostiksimb

Aug 5, 2019
New beta version of aa
But disconnects again

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221006-101600_AAWireless.jpg
    Screenshot_20221006-101600_AAWireless.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 109

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the same disconnections with a POCO F3, but since AAW 2.0.1 firmware (or possibly dongle mode?) my calls no longer disconnect when the phone cuts wifi. Android Auto stops working but the call continues seamlessly. I have to reconnect AAWireless manually when this happens, but all other dropouts reconnect automatically when I’m not on a call. My route even continues in Waze so I can live with this.

I considered switching to PixelExperience many times, but the potential issues and quirks that people report always seem worse than the disconnections. I also thought about going for a Pixel 7 then I see various posts about connection issues. I’ll hold out for the official A13 based MIUI and switch to a Pixel if Xiaomi still haven’t fixed the problem by then.
    No need to quote when answering to the last post, except if you want to emphasize a specific point ! AFAIK this is a rule on all forums in the world...
    Try switching to a higher channel, like 165. It worked for me.

It's fixed my problem.
    Hi guys,
    i switch my car from i20 to Kona EV 2022

AAwireless work fine with my Mi 9.

Drive care and have a fun.
    Hi, I just got my AAW a month ago and It has the same exact issue, randomly disconnects on my Peugeot 208 (2023). It reconects but I have to select the AA app on the screen. I also have a POCO F4 and I've always felt that MIUI software is too aggressive or has issues cause youtube music app is always closed (not running) in the mornings or after a while. Its annoying having to disconnect the AAW dongle or go into airplane mode, open YT music app and then reconect the phone.
    Are you sure YT Music is set to Autostart? I don’t have that issue myself, but I don’t use the app that much. It wouldn’t be a surprise if there was a weird issue with YT Music though, the WiFi dropping when the mobile data connection is lost has been an issue for over a year.

If you haven’t done it already, change the app to “No restrictions” under Battery Saver then padlock the app on running apps screen (press and hold on the app). You could also try running in performance mode, but none of the apps I use in AA need to be running on the phone first. They only need Autostart to be enabled.
    This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
    I used to get the same thing. I believe it is an issue with AA/Google rather than AAW. In any event, I have had to give up on AAW as I can't connect to it/won't update, just sits there with a constant light-blue light. It is a (very expensive) paper weight on my desk now. It is just "too Beta" for my requirements.

I have now got a Carlink 2022 Android box which works flawlessly for me.
    MG ZS EV 2022
    Galaxy S21 Ultra (not rooted)
    I know I should ignore these posts, but these are the comments why I'm honestly considering completely dropping out any forum / reddit / social media. What's the point? We have support, we have warranty, we have a refund policy. It might be "beta" for you, but we shipped over 100k devices and believe me or not, for most, it just works. It's the same thing for all of these dongles. They will not work perfectly for all, there are just too many variables.
    I just want to leave a big THANK YOU for the developers! You invented a great product and do a great job here.

Anyone who has ordered the product knows that it is a crowdfunding project, which may also have teething problems. I find it cheeky to get upset about problems, even though they are dealt with promptly here. What more should the distributors do than react to the problems here and offer solutions?

I also have problems with the device, but I was helped quickly. Even if it takes a few days.

Dear team: Keep up the good work!
    Very close to release of 2.1.0 now. We fixed the UConnect issue, except for some cases where you still have to re-plug the device, but this is also the case on the MA1.
    We fixed the "VW Headunit crashing on skipping tracks" issue now completely. Confirmed it's a bug on the HU side, latency makes it worse. We will probably push a new firmware by the end of this week.
    I will also submit a bug report to Google, cause they can fix/workaround this issue as well for cabled users.