AAWireless - General discussion and support

Search This thread

urmanio23

May 30, 2013
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5g
Are you sure YT Music is set to Autostart? I don’t have that issue myself, but I don’t use the app that much. It wouldn’t be a surprise if there was a weird issue with YT Music though, the WiFi dropping when the mobile data connection is lost has been an issue for over a year.

If you haven’t done it already, change the app to “No restrictions” under Battery Saver then padlock the app on running apps screen (press and hold on the app). You could also try running in performance mode, but none of the apps I use in AA need to be running on the phone first. They only need Autostart to be enabled

I just setup YT music to auto start but I think is still closing after a while, I'll have to check it later.

festor

Jun 4, 2013
I just setup YT music to auto start but I think is still closing after a while, I'll have to check it later.
Autostart should stop you having to manually open the app on your phone then reconnect in the mornings. Do you have a YT Music subscription? Google doesn't allow background play without a sub. I noticed the detection is not perfect on Android Auto. A popup stealing focus can be enough to stop play. It also happens if you switch to maps or another app obviously.

If it’s just random audio dropouts then I would make sure you don’t get the same issue with Spotify or another app as it could be an AAWireless setting like using 2.4GHz instead of 5GHz WiFi.

If you mean that Android Auto disconnects completely and it’s not just YT Music then that will be the long standing MIUI issue. For some reason, Xiaomi cut the wireless signal whenever your phone drops the mobile data connection. If you lose signal or even switch from 4g to 3g then WiFi gives up too and AA will disconnect. If you stick with the official ROM then only Xiaomi can fix this issue.

morph19

Jun 1, 2010
Just updated to 2.1.0 and cant connect anymore unless in passthrough. Everything worked fine in normal mode with previous fw.
I'm using 2.26.0 app and 8.4.624324 AAuto on a rootless Realme GT (A12 RMUi 3.0)

DAVIZINHO

Nov 2, 2009
Hello.
until yersterday i use samsung galaxy s20 fe in a honda civic 2018 type-r.
All works fine with a custom dpi settup. I dont remember the setup but android auto looks smaller than usual in the car display.

Today i reset my aawireless device and conect a new phone (galaxy fold 4). After some tries, now works fine. the android auto launch and all is ok.
My problem is the DPI setup. is to big in my car display. I see the DPI menu is disabled. I see in the forum that i must disable the passthrought before use the DPI. ok, if i disable de passthrought, the android auto never launch (with 0 as DPI defautl).
Someone here use with the honda civic 2018 or similar with a custom DPI?
its posible that android auto not start with some dpi setups?. exist a correlation between dpi and screen resolution?

thanks

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
Hello.
until yersterday i use samsung galaxy s20 fe in a honda civic 2018 type-r.
All works fine with a custom dpi settup. I dont remember the setup but android auto looks smaller than usual in the car display.

Today i reset my aawireless device and conect a new phone (galaxy fold 4). After some tries, now works fine. the android auto launch and all is ok.
My problem is the DPI setup. is to big in my car display. I see the DPI menu is disabled. I see in the forum that i must disable the passthrought before use the DPI. ok, if i disable de passthrought, the android auto never launch (with 0 as DPI defautl).
Someone here use with the honda civic 2018 or similar with a custom DPI?
its posible that android auto not start with some dpi setups?. exist a correlation between dpi and screen resolution?

thanks
Enabling "GM fix" might help.

Nov 14, 2016
Is it normal for the cable to be broken to the point of collapse?
If I can't handle it well, I really want to take it away and throw it away.
AAWe53fce0d

Attachments

• VID_20221126_132218.mp4
    140.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:

Genebaby

Dec 11, 2013
An update on my situation in the Gold with MIB 2.5. I have been driving the car more and noticed it started having audio dropouts (not as severe as before I shielded the case) and actual AAW reboots, very quick ones that it would recover from quickly. This was just driving around town, sometimes after 5 minutes. Previously I had no dropouts to report until I drove out of town and it crashed after maybe 2 hours on the road.

First I finally changed the wifi to Australia and the hightest channel. Still crashing, so I enabled the VAG Fix and it seems good now. I had not used this fix before and the FW has not changed in a while so maybe something on the Google side in AA?

The audio dropouts are improved, but not non-existant, but it seems good.

My only issue still is the Assistant not being heard during some drives issue, not sure that will ever be fixed. Would logs help?

Phone is a Galaxy S22U, prevous Galaxy S20+ did this too.

Genebaby

Dec 11, 2013
Is it normal for the cable to be broken to the point of collapse?
If I can't handle it well, I really want to take it away and throw it away.
AAWe53fce0d
What are you trying to show in this video, where is the "point of collapse"? How long have you used Android Auto? A while? Do you recall having to replace the cable as it kept dying from being plugged into your large, moving phone in the console? I remember that.

So what a godsend to be able to have AAW and be able to secure it out of the way somewhere and the cable does not need to get damaged from overuse ever again.

For your other issues, some more explaination might help about your setup etc. You're not helping yourself with these posts.

Epsil

Feb 16, 2009
Chartres
Hi @Snirpo
On the issue 172, you mention: "We're looking into doing AA over CarPlay protocol, then it should be solved"
Do you have any news on this progress? I'm so disappointed that I can't use my box.

Nov 14, 2016
What are you trying to show in this video, where is the "point of collapse"? How long have you used Android Auto? A while? Do you recall having to replace the cable as it kept dying from being plugged into your large, moving phone in the console? I remember that.

So what a godsend to be able to have AAW and be able to secure it out of the way somewhere and the cable does not need to get damaged from overuse ever again.

For your other issues, some more explaination might help about your setup etc. You're not helping yourself with these posts.
I have replaced several cables, and they are all in the same situation. They are constantly disconnected and connected instantly. I have to constantly operate and test while driving, which increases the danger of driving.

Nov 14, 2016
你想在這個視頻中展示什麼,“崩潰點”在哪裡?您使用 Android Auto 多久了?一會兒?您是否還記得必須更換電纜,因為它一直被插入控制台中的大型移動電話中而死掉?我記得那個。

因此,能夠擁有 AAW 並能夠將其固定在某個地方並且電纜不需要再次因過度使用而損壞是多麼天賜之物。

對於您的其他問題,一些更多的解釋可能對您的設置等有所幫助。您對這些帖子沒有任何幫助。
I can’t see in my video that it is constantly connected and disconnected. This situation is repeated within a few minutes. I have changed several cables and nothing has worked. I believe that many people have my problem. With the same situation, they also can't find the problem

Genebaby

Dec 11, 2013
We can see you are being constantly disconnected, as others have reported, and I was getting in a minor way for the first time ever recently.

Your cable situation would be solved by fixing the AAW box in an out of the way place, so it is not moving and troubled by the cars movements. I went through many cables using wired AA. I was glad at least it was a cheap cable and not my phone's USB port that was being ruined.

Have you told anyone what your setup situation is? Have a look at other posts, you can't just post what you have posted and expect anything.

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
I can’t see in my video that it is constantly connected and disconnected. This situation is repeated within a few minutes. I have changed several cables and nothing has worked. I believe that many people have my problem. With the same situation, they also can't find the problem
Please contact support at [email protected], they can help you. Could be defective, could be some car incompatibility. We replace, we refund if the same problem occurs. Unfortunately we can't make everyone happy with the inherent issues Android Auto / head units / phones have.

Last edited:

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
An update on my situation in the Gold with MIB 2.5. I have been driving the car more and noticed it started having audio dropouts (not as severe as before I shielded the case) and actual AAW reboots, very quick ones that it would recover from quickly. This was just driving around town, sometimes after 5 minutes. Previously I had no dropouts to report until I drove out of town and it crashed after maybe 2 hours on the road.

First I finally changed the wifi to Australia and the hightest channel. Still crashing, so I enabled the VAG Fix and it seems good now. I had not used this fix before and the FW has not changed in a while so maybe something on the Google side in AA?

The audio dropouts are improved, but not non-existant, but it seems good.

My only issue still is the Assistant not being heard during some drives issue, not sure that will ever be fixed. Would logs help?

Phone is a Galaxy S22U, prevous Galaxy S20+ did this too.
Can you post your device name again? Let's just replace your device by a newer one. My guess is you have an old one.

Medic97

Jul 9, 2010
Figured it out and I have to say the experimental feature of using your car's wifi simultaneously is great.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm a bit confused. I have received the AAwireless yesterday but haven't used it yet since my car is still in the shop.

I'm reading all these requests about adding device ID's to dev firmware, connection issues etc. Wouldn't I just be able to plug and play and use the device (after updating it) without issues? Or do I need to flash other firmware etc. to get it working properly?

Sidenote, can I already update this device without having access to my car?
    No, it is plug and play for 90+% of the users. The problem with these kinds of topic is, wherever it's located, reddit, XDA etc, it's mostly about issues.
    So when reading this you might think the device sucks. And for some people, that might be true. Although in alot of cases it's not the device at fault, but Android Auto itself, or the phone or the head unit, or all things combined. And for sure AAWireless is also not perfect, we can still improve and tweak stuff.
    Yes, you can update when powered through any USB port :)
    @Snirpo
    Just (perhaps) a stupid question: is it also possible to add another device to AAWireless Wifi?

For explanation: I ordered a dashcam. I did not receive the dash cam yet.
    The dashcam provides the possibility to get connected to a WiFi router so that I can download the files and live view the dash cam. But it's not possible to be connected to AAWireless Wifi and have another hotspot or Wifi connection at the same time with my phone. Therefore my idea was to connect the dash cam to the same Wifi like my phone (in this case the AAWireless Wifi).
    Yes you can, AAWireless hosts a hotspot. Password of the hotspot is uppercased sha1 of the full SSID. I don't know what performance impact this has though. But I expect none, cause the wifi has more than enough bandwidth.
    Tnx for the update, I just saw it in Play Store.
    But the bane of my device changed after resetting. (?!?!)
    It was AAwireless-xxx , now changed to AndroidAuto-AAWxxx?!

It doesn't supposed to change?! And what's the difference?
    AndroidAuto-AAWxxx means your device is in dongle mode, that's how it's triggered, by the AndroidAuto-xxx. That's what you normally want, and is default on new devices. The reason why we still have "normal (native wireless HU emulation) mode as well has multiple reasons.

1. Device priority from AAWireless itself won't work in dongle mode, because how Android Auto is designed to work on dongle mode.
    2. Because dongle mode didn't exist before the MA1 was released, so we kept it as an option to turn it off. This is to avoid potentially breaking people's setups when updating their device. When it's off, it will stay off on update, until you reset the device or switch it off manually.
    3. For some phones / cars, for some reason, in dongle mode it will just never start up AA. We have no idea why, it doesn't make any sense, we have yet to see a pattern. Turn it off and it will work fine. These kinds of issues come and go, so is probably just brokeness in Android Auto itself.
    Snirpo is fully right.
    Of course I only post in this thread when I have an issue. Nevertheless my AAWireless connects perfectly in about 99.5% of my drives.
    It is stable. In my opinion the AAWireless device works more reliable than my phone. Some issues are also phone related and not AAWireless related.
    I normally only post for the 0.5% of my drives.
    @Snirpo I would also appreciate that approach :)

Just a little site question: Is start/stop still companion app based? Or were your tests on device based start/stop already successful?
    We have two experimental options in the app from Firebase App Distribution (private beta build).

- Device HFP (to car) controlled. This will not work in 90 percent of the cars, because of the handsfree not being visible / connectable to non-paired device. In theory we could pair the AAW device to the handsfree of the car, but that will cause a whole lot of other issues.
    - Device USB controlled: May work for some cars, AAW tries start up an AA connection to the car every x seconds, if not possible it won't connect to the phone. This might work for cars which keep USB powered, but do shut down the HU (and thus also AA).
    But for example on Kia / Hyundai AA actually keeps running in the background (with screen off) after you turn off ignition. So for these cars this functionality won't help at all, because AA doesn't get killed, it's still running.

Both these options have been tested, but we found them not really usable. They are either not reliable or cause side effects. So they have never made it to production. They are still in the firmware though.

So to answer your question. We tried, but did not have success. So right now (in production) start / stop is still companion app controlled.
    This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
    I used to get the same thing. I believe it is an issue with AA/Google rather than AAW. In any event, I have had to give up on AAW as I can't connect to it/won't update, just sits there with a constant light-blue light. It is a (very expensive) paper weight on my desk now. It is just "too Beta" for my requirements.

I have now got a Carlink 2022 Android box which works flawlessly for me.
    MG ZS EV 2022
    Galaxy S21 Ultra (not rooted)
    I know I should ignore these posts, but these are the comments why I'm honestly considering completely dropping out any forum / reddit / social media. What's the point? We have support, we have warranty, we have a refund policy. It might be "beta" for you, but we shipped over 100k devices and believe me or not, for most, it just works. It's the same thing for all of these dongles. They will not work perfectly for all, there are just too many variables.
    I just want to leave a big THANK YOU for the developers! You invented a great product and do a great job here.

Anyone who has ordered the product knows that it is a crowdfunding project, which may also have teething problems. I find it cheeky to get upset about problems, even though they are dealt with promptly here. What more should the distributors do than react to the problems here and offer solutions?

I also have problems with the device, but I was helped quickly. Even if it takes a few days.

Dear team: Keep up the good work!
    Very close to release of 2.1.0 now. We fixed the UConnect issue, except for some cases where you still have to re-plug the device, but this is also the case on the MA1.
    We fixed the "VW Headunit crashing on skipping tracks" issue now completely. Confirmed it's a bug on the HU side, latency makes it worse. We will probably push a new firmware by the end of this week.
    I will also submit a bug report to Google, cause they can fix/workaround this issue as well for cabled users.