• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

AAWireless - General discussion and support

Search This thread

janz25

Sep 28, 2006
Did you enable "Remove tap restriction" ? If so, try disabling it again. You should also try "Force 2.4Ghz" if that has no effect. Enabling "Passthrough" would rule out some things too if both of those don't work.
Thanks. I never enabled the remove tap restriction and oh yes, i set my usb at default. Whilst i did tried the options to enable passthru and also 2.4ghz on fw 1.3, i still experiencing stuttering audio. But, i will try those options again on this firmware.

Last edited:

valeri_s_k

Aug 24, 2020
Bourgas
Hi there,

Noticed several device disconnections when passed same place. Seems something interfere with 5 gHz WIFI.
Fortunately it wasn't a place on my regular driving routes.

So, I am thinking it would be safer when traveling to unknown places, especially if it is a large city and you rely on navi, to force 2.4 gHz for more stable connection.

My question is to those of you, who use 2.4 ghz - is there any interuption/delays in music or navi voice guidance or anythin else that you have noticed.

exge

Apr 25, 2010
unfortunately with the latest versions and updates, now it is very hard to connect to the AAWireless. I need to plug it in and out before i can connect to the BT of the dongle.

Is there a possible way i can revert to 1.2 firmware and corresponding app? That was the last version where everything worked flawlessly. Or perhaps show the debug text so i can try to see whats wrong when reproducing the issue

Reactions: iTaiwan

tallleroy

Nov 20, 2015
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi there,

Noticed several device disconnections when passed same place. Seems something interfere with 5 gHz WIFI.
Fortunately it wasn't a place on my regular driving routes.

So, I am thinking it would be safer when traveling to unknown places, especially if it is a large city and you rely on navi, to force 2.4 gHz for more stable connection.

My question is to those of you, who use 2.4 ghz - is there any interuption/delays in music or navi voice guidance or anythin else that you have noticed.
I am using 2.4 ghz all of the time now. A place that I regularly pass has started to interfere with 5 ghz wifi. No downsides that I have noticed.

Reactions: iTaiwan

tallleroy

Nov 20, 2015
Atlanta, Georgia
unfortunately with the latest versions and updates, now it is very hard to connect to the AAWireless. I need to plug it in and out before i can connect to the BT of the dongle.

Is there a possible way i can revert to 1.2 firmware and corresponding app? That was the last version where everything worked flawlessly. Or perhaps show the debug text so i can try to see whats wrong when reproducing the issue
If you have Start / Stop enabled, disable it until the next firmware.

Rusmash

Feb 8, 2020
Peugeot 3008 Google pixel 3a. Connection works without any problems. But Google maps announcements and Spotify don't work together. It freezes and autodisplay becomes very slow. I have version 1.4 and have tried all the settings. Got to go back to the cable.

Limpperi

Feb 4, 2011
Vantaa
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 7 Pro
Peugeot 3008 Google pixel 3a. Connection works without any problems. But Google maps announcements and Spotify don't work together. It freezes and autodisplay becomes very slow. I have version 1.4 and have tried all the settings. Got to go back to the cable.
Do you have integrated navigation in your 3008? If not, you could try to delete all android auto data and resetting the AAW unit. Bosch RCC had problems before but all should be good now in 1.4 along with positive results (me included).

That said, I have not enough knowledge to say anything about the NAC (with integrated navigation) unit, but full reset everywhere could not make any harm.

Edit: tried with my rcc right now, all works as they should. Doublecheck that the usb mode is on "Default". Above mentioned fixes have worked with others running with 3008. If those wont work, im out of ammo. Hope you get it sorted out tho!

Last edited:

jackfate

Jun 14, 2021
My PIxel 4XL connects fine in my 2020 Hyndai Kona but never connects to my 2020 Corvette.

AAWireless is flashing a blue light this whole time but Android Auto never comes up.

Direct mode by itself made things worse (red light = rebooting I think) and Passthrough Mode didn't work either.

Anything else to try?

Limpperi

Feb 4, 2011
Vantaa
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 7 Pro
My PIxel 4XL connects fine in my 2020 Hyndai Kona but never connects to my 2020 Corvette.

AAWireless is flashing a blue light this whole time but Android Auto never comes up.

Direct mode by itself made things worse (red light = rebooting I think) and Passthrough Mode didn't work either.

Anything else to try?
Try 1.4 fw on aaw if you are not already running with it. As you are on GM car, best bet afaik is on "default" usb mode. Full reset AAW, forget it on bt settings, and wipe data+cache on aawireless + wipe also data and cache in original android auto app

Edit: made it more cohesive and understandable

Last edited:
Reactions: jackfate

Rusmash

Feb 8, 2020
Haben Sie in Ihrem 3008 eine integrierte Navigation? Wenn nicht, können Sie versuchen, alle automatischen Android-Daten zu löschen und die AAW-Einheit zurückzusetzen. Bosch RCC hatte vorher Probleme, aber jetzt sollte in 1.4 alles gut sein, zusammen mit positiven Ergebnissen (mich eingeschlossen).

Über die NAC-Einheit (mit integrierter Navigation) habe ich allerdings nicht genügend Kenntnisse, aber ein kompletter Reset überall kann nicht schaden.

Edit: Habe es gerade mit meinem rcc versucht, alles funktioniert wie es soll. Überprüfen Sie, ob der USB-Modus auf "Standard" steht. Die oben genannten Fixes haben bei anderen mit 3008 funktioniert. Wenn diese nicht funktionieren, habe ich keine Munition mehr. Hoffe du bekommst es in Ordnung gebracht!
Ich habe tatsächlich NAC. Ich habe auch schon zurückgesetzt und USB auf Standard. Wie gesagt, es funktioniert nicht. Aber danke für die Tipps. Ich werde dann warten. Vielleicht gibt es ja irgendwann mal ein Update

Genebaby

Dec 11, 2013
Testing over the weekend for the Assistant voice level seems to point to an issue in the Polo. It happened using the cable and didn't happen in the GTI when I went out in it. Strange.

In a few weeks the Polo will be off the road so I'll be experiencing AAW in the GTI and returning the other unit to my wife's Mitsubishi, we'll see how the newer FW etc goes in that vehicle. It wasn't as good as the VAG cars at the start.

In regards to audio skipping, I have gotten it on 2.4 and 5Ghz, but it does seem less prominent on this Motorola. I will see how things go when I get my Samsung back.

mnim85

May 31, 2021
Anyone else experience non working steering wheel buttons in his/her PSA 2020/2021 (Peugeot, Citroen, Opel/Vauxhall) car?
I'm on firmware 1.4 and using a Google Pixel 4XL. Got the problem since 1.3, passthrough activated. USB Mode "Direct" and "Default" on Firmware 1.4. When I use the "next track" button on my steering wheel, the list of radio stations appear.

Car: Opel Corsa F 2020 without Navigation.

Genebaby

Dec 11, 2013
Testing over the weekend for the Assistant voice level seems to point to an issue in the Polo. It happened using the cable and didn't happen in the GTI when I went out in it. Strange.

In a few weeks the Polo will be off the road so I'll be experiencing AAW in the GTI and returning the other unit to my wife's Mitsubishi, we'll see how the newer FW etc goes in that vehicle. It wasn't as good as the VAG cars at the start.

In regards to audio skipping, I have gotten it on 2.4 and 5Ghz, but it does seem less prominent on this Motorola. I will see how things go when I get my Samsung back.
This morning on the cable the Assistant worked perfectly with the audio, so not sure what's going on with these cars.

Limpperi

Feb 4, 2011
Vantaa
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 7 Pro
Anyone else experience non working steering wheel buttons in his/her PSA 2020/2021 (Peugeot, Citroen, Opel/Vauxhall) car?
I'm on firmware 1.4 and using a Google Pixel 4XL. Got the problem since 1.3, passthrough activated. USB Mode "Direct" and "Default" on Firmware 1.4. When I use the "next track" button on my steering wheel, the list of radio stations appear.

Car: Opel Corsa F 2020 without Navigation.
1.4 fixed all this for me (citroen 2020) after resetting the aaw and aa app. Usb on default.

Reactions: mnim85

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same issue here with Pixel 2XL. Thinking out loud I wonder if having both the Bluetooth profiles for the head unit AND AAW set to allow Phone Calls and Contacts causes a conflict.
    Yup exactly this. Unfortunately we cannot remove the handsfree profile from AAW, cause AA needs it for bootstrap. With a native AA Wireless HU this issue doesn't exist, because car handsfree BT == AA bootstrap BT.
    The new start / stop mechanism, which will be released next week will not use Bluetooth at all anymore to bootstrap AA (non-native), this will fix these issues.
    Yes, new much improved start / stop is almost production ready. But you have to realize we are also trying to get boards delivered to people, which is hell at this moment. We already arrived at the fourth board configuration at the moment :(

Also I'm trying to let our testers test features a bit longer, instead of rushing them out, so we don't get half working features (for some) like in the state the current start / stop is now. This will only generate lots of support tickets, which will slow things down.
    That what I meant - it coud also be software/rom /, not the hardware itself only, which in Galasy s20 is quite good.
    Most likely AAWireless does not reboot, but restarts the process because the WiFi or USB side disconnects.
    Why not, if you have an wifi accesspoint in a car already then it's easy to make an option for AAWireless to be able to connect to instead.

And what ever Andorid Auto "needs" can be provided by any TCP/IP network and Bluetooth together if source-unit and destination-unit are connect to the same network with no firewalls in-between. So necessarily the wifi accesspoint explicitly don't need to be hosted by the AAWireless-device, just any network works with good enough bandwidth.
    We will add WiFi client mode in the future. We didn't add it till now, cause we first want to have a stable base. WiFi client mode will possibly cause issues. We already have enough issues to deal with with 4000+ different HU's :) I don't really feel like adding another factor of complexity at this point.
    Any recommended cable to use? I did try the cable that came along with the set on my oneplus 7 pro. It works perfectly but not on AAWireless.
    There's no recommended cable to use sadly. Some people have issues with the supplied one, others have issues with others and the supplied is the only one that works. For most it doesn't matter which cable they use.

I realize I have to be a bit careful what I'm saying to not blow things up. To clarify: These cases are very specific, for most people there are no issues. There are a lot of different head units, in a lot of different cars with different hardware and software variances. It's extremely hard to pinpoint exact issues because of this.
    For sure there are more issues on some head units in general then others, but it's not like the all the devices (or cables) from the newest batch will not work with (in this case) MIB2 head units.
    This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
    We fixed the "VW Headunit crashing on skipping tracks" issue now completely. Confirmed it's a bug on the HU side, latency makes it worse. We will probably push a new firmware by the end of this week.
    I will also submit a bug report to Google, cause they can fix/workaround this issue as well for cabled users.
    Hello. What's new in 1.5?
    A full changelog for each release would really be appreciated :)
    Thanks for all the hard work!
    Yes, I'll write a full changelog next week from 1.0.0 to 1.5.0 and put it on GitHub + add a link in the app.
    @KRGrayson

The 'new' Default USB Mode is what fixed issues with many GM infotainment systems.

Instead of presenting what should be the correct USB mode for Android Auto to the Head Unit (direct), or what most phones present as their default mode ( MTP and its variations); Default USB Mode presents a USB Mode that no Head Unit supports. When the Head Unit sees an unsupported USB Mode, USB protocol calls for it to ask the AAWireless device what modes it does support. The Head Unit then selects the correct Android Auto mode and life is good.

Prior to firmware 1.4.0, some head units (GM was not alone) would not confirm what USB Mode was being presented and begin to communicate in an inappropriate mode for Android Auto.