• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

AAWireless - General discussion and support

Search This thread

churritin01

Nov 24, 2010
Carlos, here in tampa fl, I received today 7/26, works perfect, I just got my first OTA , the only thing is not showing is the weather app in Android auto, rest is perfect, any ideas about the weather icon ?????, Nissan Sentra SR PREMIUM, PHONE, GALAXY NOTE 20 ULTRA 5G

kgollop

Jul 24, 2021
Same as me. I'm using oneplus 7 pro on android 11. The connection will drop within a sec or so and app such as waze and spotify are still playing on the phone where on the phone it still shows AA is connected.

If i leave it untouched, it will try to connect itself again after x minutes... AAWireless is unusable for me.
Yes mine is unusable also. It's frustrating as it connects so quickly and it's an awesome bit of kit for the few minutes it works. I've tried a reset tonight as advised by support but this doesn't seem to have helped. Will try again tomorrow before I reply to them

don1199

May 23, 2015
A quick FYI for the devs;

Good news- since my phone updated to Android 11 it has been connecting to AAW and switching to mobile data without any fuss. AAW is starting up and running reliably. AAW doesn't seem to interfere with the car's app connecting & gathering trip data any more.

Bad news- I am getting regular (several times per minute) "stutters" in the audio when playing music (Rocket Player) via AA/AAW and occasional flickering of the screen. Sometimes the audio from AA just stops working altogether (even the tone when the Assistant is woken up). This happens with passthrough on or off (USB set to default). It doesn't happen with a cable connection.

2019 Citroen, Realme x2 Pro, AAW 1.9.3 firmware 1.5.0

My thanks to the AAW team for their continued efforts.
I have Hyundai Ioniq 2017 and everything works fine except sound - the same stuttering of the sound as You have. Did You found any solution? For now I am testing passthrough mode but I can not say if it helps for now.

fbusarello

Feb 1, 2011
I use it with headunit reloaded in a generic android central and it worked fine. The only problem is when it try to make a call through Android Auto. It says phone is not connected, but it is Bluetooth conected to the central. Maybe and Android/headunit reloaded issue, not aawireless. Any idea to solve that?

mele80

Dec 17, 2010
Combination Kia and Honor has now worked quite good. Had problems at the beginning but forgetting AAWireless WiFi and then dismissing "no internet connection" seems to do the trick.

When Car is not running and phone still connecting AAWireless seems to be a bit problematic. Calls goes to car and phone just rings, but doesnt show who is calling.

But otherwise AAWireless is working good.

Richard Chang

Jul 27, 2021
Got the unit yesterday! However AAwireless device looses its connection every 10 seconds or so. I think I tried to change most settings and resetting the device and deleting the connections for the the device in the the phone and starting over with same result.

Car is a Seat Alhambra 2016 and phone used is a Mi 10t Pro.
Headunit partnumber is 7N5035680B so it should be MIB2.
AAwireless-gNXZT9zP with firmware 1.5.0

Anyone els had this issue? Very frustrating.
I also have this problem. My car is VW Sharan 2017 MIB2. My phone is LG V60. I sent back the original device and get the replacement recently. The problem is still there. I change the phone to Asus ZF6 but the problem is not solved.

stan79

Dec 21, 2005
Nvidia Shield Tablet
OnePlus 5
Yes mine is unusable also. It's frustrating as it connects so quickly and it's an awesome bit of kit for the few minutes it works. I've tried a reset tonight as advised by support but this doesn't seem to have helped. Will try again tomorrow before I reply to them
I thought it might be my phone and i tried on my son's xiaomi x3 nfc. It is the same. It just disconnected itself almost instantaneously upon connected.

Will try to reset and retry again on different mode. So far I had tried default and direct both yielded the same results, keep DC.

Reactions: kgollop

elfeo

Mar 4, 2007
Después de dos semanas de lucha y siguiendo los consejos del Soporte Técnico de Dragos Imbrea de AAWirelees, hemos logrado que funcione.
Unidad principal Pioneer AVH X8700BT con Android Auto y Carplay.
Teléfono Xioami MI 11 Miui 12.5.2 con Android 11.
Sabíamos que casi con certeza sería un problema de cable y este ha sido el caso en el puerto USB 2 de la unidad principal dedicada para Android Auto, tenía una extensión de cable USB macho / hembra instalada
Desmontamos el automóvil y cancelamos este cable y conectamos directamente los AAWirelees con el cable usb / c al puerto original 2 de la unidad principal y se estaba iniciando Android Auto en la pantalla principal, demorando ahora entre 10/15 segundos en jugar un poco.
Gracias.
Dragos Imbrea and to this dedicated thread
Lo siento por mi ingles

elfeo

Mar 4, 2007
Alguien sucede que para abrir una aplicación como Spotify en la unidad principal con Android Auto tienes que abrirla primero en el teléfono
Saben si hay alguna configuración para iniciar las aplicaciones de Android Auto sin tener que abrirlas primero en el teléfono.

sabbotage

Dec 15, 2010
Hi, I have had my AAWireless device for several months now and it's worked without issue. Suddenly today I realized that it wasn't connecting anymore. After looking at the device I see it is sitting at a solid green LED and doesn't seem to fully boot. I have tried resetting it several times and I also tried using my wifes phone to see if I could pair it with her phone since I am using the Android 12 beta and no luck. Any ideas of what the issue could be? Or do I possibly have a defectove device?

stan79

Dec 21, 2005
Nvidia Shield Tablet
OnePlus 5
I also have this problem. My car is VW Sharan 2017 MIB2. My phone is LG V60. I sent back the original device and get the replacement recently. The problem is still there. I change the phone to Asus ZF6 but the problem is not solved.
I just raise a support ticket with AAWireless as well. Initially, i thought it is my phone but I tried on my son's phone and it will disconnect within a sec to a few sec but on the phone, it will still say AA is connected with waze and Spotify still running. It is totally unusable and yes, mine is a 2020 VW Sharan too. Seems that it AAWireless doesn't work on VW cars?

jkDave

Nov 1, 2013
Just received mine yesterday and seeing GPS update issues. Updated device firmware to 1.5.0. 2020 F150, Samsung Galaxy S21Ultra.

When it starts it has my location initially but then just searches for my location constantly, it never updates. I'll drive 10+ miles for 20+ minutes and it simply never updates. Audio and all other features seem to work. Any thoughts?

jkDave

Nov 1, 2013
I just got mine yesterday and have the latest firmware. I have connected successfully to my 20p15 Mazda 3, but when I got in the car later, it took 10 minutes to reconnect.

Others here have referred to an AA Wireless Support Page, but 3 DuckDuckGo searches have failed to provide a URL. Can someone post here please via reply?
Open the AAWireless Config app on your phone. Click help and support. There is a FAQ button which will take you there.

sabbotage

Dec 15, 2010
Is there anyway to manually reflash the firmware on these units? In my case for mine that is stuck at a solid green LED and won't boot. I am trying desperately to get this thing working again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Snirpo
    when are feature improvements and new features going to be tackled? It was several months back that you said that they would be tackled after the new version of the start/stop feature was released but we are still waiting for this. Surely Gen2 has been resolved now.
    Gen2 has not been resolved yet, we are very close but not there yet. That's why we are producing 16k Gen1 units now (with a lot of effort to actually get components), to fill the gap and finally get off Indiegogo.
    Gen2 is a huge risk for us, we don't want to mess it up. We are planning to produce Gen2 in large quantities (20k+) batches. If we mess up a 20k batch of devices we can bassicly pack up and go.
    We already felt the pain of messing up a batch (batch 2) and this was only one of 6k units.
    I'm sorry it might seem like we are not doing much, but in the background a lot is going on, not only technically.
    Features will come, and they will come this year. But I cannot give any short term deadlines anymore.

On the app side, if you want to test bleeding edge builds you can join here: https://appdistribution.firebase.dev/i/5196d378c8e122d7

I might also set up the same thing for the board-side. Only there it's a bit trickier, because of the chance of "bricking" the device.
    Hello guys. I don't know if this was already discussed, so I'll try to find the answer with your help. So, how can I set that the AA to start only when I start the car, and to completely stop when I stop the engine? The thing is that every time I approach the car (and the usb gets powered), AA starts and prompts on my phone. Also, when I leave the car and get away from it, AA on the phone takes a while to autoclose, since the car usb s are still powered, I guess.
    Hope I managed to explain what I am looking for :)
    The car is a Renault Megane 4 GT with rlink 2 v9 and the phone is a Samsung Note 20

L.E. since the AA wireless is on even after I exit the car, any phone call is routed to the AA/car BT and not directly on my mobile phone and I can not hear anything (since its being routed through the car speakers)
    To anyone with this issue, you can make a workaround using an app like tasker (or macrodroid which is easier to use) and create a profile.
    For example, I remote start my car so I'm moving in and out of range for AAwireless and Bluetooth. So my "profile is to wait for Bluetooth to connect to my car, then open/launch android auto which then triggers aawirelessly. I make a 2nd profile that once my Bluetooth connection disconnects from my car (car turns off) the profile kills android auto and disconnects from AAwireless wifi. Works great (my car's USB powers on when unlocking car or opening car doors etc)
    I drove 10 hours in the last two days, using AAW constantly (Youtube Music, Audible, TuneIn, phone calls and Google Maps) and it worked absolutely flawless in my Skoda Kodiaq (2017) with a Pixel 5. I'm really happy with the device!
    Hello guys. I don't know if this was already discussed, so I'll try to find the answer with your help. So, how can I set that the AA to start only when I start the car, and to completely stop when I stop the engine? The thing is that every time I approach the car (and the usb gets powered), AA starts and prompts on my phone. Also, when I leave the car and get away from it, AA on the phone takes a while to autoclose, since the car usb s are still powered, I guess.
    Hope I managed to explain what I am looking for :)
    The car is a Renault Megane 4 GT with rlink 2 v9 and the phone is a Samsung Note 20

L.E. since the AA wireless is on even after I exit the car, any phone call is routed to the AA/car BT and not directly on my mobile phone and I can not hear anything (since its being routed through the car speakers)
    Hi there,
    I use AAW in an urban area with good cell/mobile data coverage for several months without issues - had only 2-3 crashes/disconnects, which I supposed were caused by interference to 5 ghz connection.

But.. last week I drove on vacation abroad, using roaming. Every time there was a switch between mobile operators or lost coverage, AAW crashed and reconnected itself within short time. Then I tried (also in my home area) and crash is always reproducible with toggling mobile data or airplane mode.
    Tested settings: USB modes, forced 2.4 ghz wifi, passthrough, VAG crash on/off - always same behavior.

With wired connection all is working without any problem, so I continued my vacation wired.

Any idea how to fix the issue?

Car: VW Passat 2017
    HU: MIB 2 Techisat
    Phone: Xiaomi MI 11, Android 11, xiaomi.eu weekly rom, AA version 6.7.612934
    AAW: second batch SoC, flashed before shipping from May 21, updated firmware 1.5.0
    This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
    We fixed the "VW Headunit crashing on skipping tracks" issue now completely. Confirmed it's a bug on the HU side, latency makes it worse. We will probably push a new firmware by the end of this week.
    I will also submit a bug report to Google, cause they can fix/workaround this issue as well for cabled users.
    Hello. What's new in 1.5?
    A full changelog for each release would really be appreciated :)
    Thanks for all the hard work!
    Yes, I'll write a full changelog next week from 1.0.0 to 1.5.0 and put it on GitHub + add a link in the app.
    I've already waited patiently for delivery 3 months more than expected - I ordered In April and was coming in June but now that's looking like October. Now I read on the indiegogo forum that people in the UK are being charged an additional €27 by the Royal mail as the UK is now not in the EU.

Hi Emil!
    Just received my AAWireless, and will plug in and test tonight. Love the packaging, looks great! However… Since it was shipped from Hong Kong I was forced to pay a rather substantial import fee and duties on this bad boy. I was under the impression that they would be shipped from within the EU? Is it stands now I’m EUR 27,00 poorer :(
    2 2
    https://www.indiegogo.com/individuals/24534862
    Emil Borconi-Szedressy 2 days ago
    PROJECT OWNER
    Looks like you are in the UK which is outside EU and also there is no way to pre-pay taxes with shipping company any more either....

This is a crazy. An additional $10 was already taken for delivery and it was meant to ship from the EU. I suspect the units have been shipped by Royal Mail / Dutch post. The Royal Mail rips off people in the UK because they add another £11 in admin fees on top of the 20% VAT even though goods up to £135 should be exempt.
    See https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...s-goods-sold-to-customers-from-1-january-2021

So not only has VAT been charged coming into the EU from China, it has also been charged coming into the UK ON TOP of the VAT already paid in the EU.

This is just rubbish. What the guys need to do is either ship it from Hong Kong which can cost £0.20 (there are hundreds of chinese ebay and aliexpress sellers doing this already
    See http://www.vatfraud.org/blog/stop-s...ons-universal-postal-union-upu-terminal-dues/
    The $10 postage already taken should then be refunded.

The other way round it is send the item from Hong Kong and to mark the item as a gift and providing it is below £39 there is NO VAT to pay and NO Royal mail admin fee. Actually as the original product was $57 - roughly £41.25 This wouldn't be a crime seeing as we have had to wait soo long. This could also mean the $10 delivery could be refunded

The other way is to ship it via fedex and state the ex-vat cost coming from china and then add 20% vat that the developer should be paying to the UK HMRC.

Sadly if that doesn't take place, EVERYONE IN THE UK will feel ripped off because of the poor delivery and poor choices made by the developers.

Cheers
    Disgruntled in the UK

First of all, your item wasn't shipped yet since in the June batch, so you could have not payed anything for shipping. Secondly, UK is outside the EU, there was a vote about this in 2016, so it doesn't matter if the package comes from EU or from HK or from US, it is treated the same, it's an import. If we import it from HK to EU, we will pay import VAT on the product, then when we send it to UK, we claim back that VAT and we should pay VAT in UK, since there is no more free trading between EU and UK.

Up till recently there was a nice option, to pay VAT and Import duty up-front, when you ship to the UK, but this has been changed and now they requires business outside UK to register with HMRC and do HMRC feeling even if they are residing outside UK, a lot of red tape. Since crowdfunding is not a sale, we can still ship the units to UK, but not sure if we will be able to after the IndieGoGo campaign.

We are also a EU registered company so we cannot (and will not take advantage) of any loop-holes in systems to sell at ridiculously / unrealistically cheap prices.

About the user who paid 27 euros, it turned out that user is living in DK, but provided the address as UK so his package traveled the wrong way, hence the extra duties and surcharges.

Not aware of other users from UK having to pay anything additional when they received the package.