• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

AAWireless - General discussion and support

Search This thread

seseattle

Jul 6, 2006
Houston, TX
Is there a manual connect/disconnect option other than powering off the device?
Sometimes the connection does not automatically connect.

Could this be an option in the app?

Secondly. Is there a way to disable wired android auto? When connected to charg both options are displayed in my headunit and I am not sure if this is causing any issues. The phone is already set to "charging only", but that does not seem to work.

Not that I know of, but an easy workaround would be the opposite of the previous posts on "get a good data cable" - i.e. get a charging-only cable. That way you get power but no connectivity through the cable effectively disabling wired AA.

taboo85

Jul 15, 2021
Hi @Snirpo,
I know u guys are busy but do u have an ETA or any indication on when the team will work on google assistant and navigation apps through external a2dp on the drop audio sink function to go along with music apps?
in other words,
Have ALL audio media though drop audio sink and not just music apps.

This is the only missing link to have perfection with this unit and my AA..
Thanks

Sweden2021

Jul 27, 2021
Hi, I have had my AAWireless device for several months now and it's worked without issue. Suddenly today I realized that it wasn't connecting anymore. After looking at the device I see it is sitting at a solid green LED and doesn't seem to fully boot. I have tried resetting it several times and I also tried using my wifes phone to see if I could pair it with her phone since I am using the Android 12 beta and no luck. Any ideas of what the issue could be? Or do I possibly have a defectove device?
Did you get this sorted out? Had the same problem, had the device dissconnected during the night, worked again when I plugged it in but same story after awhile.

sabbotage

Dec 15, 2010
Did you get this sorted out? Had the same problem, had the device dissconnected during the night, worked again when I plugged it in but same story after awhile.
Yes I put in a support ticket for the issue and was told my device is faulty. They had me ship it back to some random address in Idaho for a replacement. Mine faulty one is out for delivery so I am hoping the turn around time for the replacement is quick because I used mine heavily.

DevAuto

Mar 9, 2013
Is there a manual connect/disconnect option other than powering off the device?
Sometimes the connection does not automatically connect.

Could this be an option in the app?

Secondly. Is there a way to disable wired android auto? When connected to charg both options are displayed in my headunit and I am not sure if this is causing any issues. The phone is already set to "charging only", but that does not seem to work.
The manual way is to go into your connection settings and disconnect then reconnect manually ... it doesn't reboot the device though, it only resets the connection itself.

As for disabling wired AA, my solution is a good quality 30amp 12 volt charger to power my wireless charger. This way I never have to plug my phone in at all. I don't use the 12 volt accessory plug for anything else, so this solution works great for me. If you use it to plug your phone in direct for charging, then it would also solve your problem.
Not that I know of, but an easy workaround would be the opposite of the previous posts on "get a good data cable" - i.e. get a charging-only cable. That way you get power but no connectivity through the cable effectively disabling wired AA.
Yes, a charge only cable would also work :)

nmnikolov

Aug 14, 2011
I am using this cable for my Octavia 2019 with Mib2.5 since 2019 and it's working fine almost 2 years. Now using it also for AAWireless and have no issues so far. It's about 30cm exactly what I needed for my car. So you can give it a try.

I have another issue with making phone calls using my car audio. I have Huawei GT2 Pro smart watch and it seems when my phone is connected to both my smartwatch and car bluetooth my phone calls are not going through the car system. So I have to manually go in BT setting for the watch and disable "Voice calls". The issue is that this is a temporary solution and next time I reconnect my watch this setting is on and I have again turn it off manually. Is there a way to permanently disable voice calls for my watch? My phone is Samsung Galaxy S21.

andrelotter

May 31, 2021
Good day, I had similar problems. The music playback will first stop and then the head unit exits. Happened a few times in a row until I realized that I was close to a big airport. A few days later I went on a long trip and on a few occasions when I passed a mobile cell phone mast the same happened again. On my way back I forced aawireless to use 2.4 Ghz only and there was a great improvement. Now I would just sometimes get a very short pause on the music playback. It looks like external rf interference on the 5 Ghz band and it happens even with the phone only a few inches away from the aawireless unit.
I found a solution for my problem.
1) On the 5Ghz band: I wrapped the whole AA Auto unit into aluminum foil that acts as a Faraday cage to screen rf signals. The 5Ghz signal between the mobile phone and the aa wireless was still strong enough to ensure proper operation. All outside interference were screened. This resulted into a 1000% improvement of the problems I experienced. I now use the unit that way and only get about 0.1% breakups. Will improve the faraway cage even more. I think the wifi might be over sensitive.
2) On the 2.4 Ghz band: Nothing help there. Not even the Faraday cage. I still experienced the occasional breakup. I looked at the signal again and found the following: The carrier bandwidth is only 20Mhz. Most 2.4Ghz wireless equipment works on 40Mhz as default. The reduced carrier bandwidth can be a factor here. Doubling the carrier width to 40Mhz should resolve the problem. To be tested if it can get implemented.

mpressive6

Apr 11, 2021
Yes I put in a support ticket for the issue and was told my device is faulty. They had me ship it back to some random address in Idaho for a replacement. Mine faulty one is out for delivery so I am hoping the turn around time for the replacement is quick because I used mine heavily.
I had the exact same issue and returned my defective dongle. I was told the same thing and I've been waiting about 2 weeks to get a reply for my replacement dongle to be shipped. Did you receive a tracking to let you know your new replacement dongle shipped?

sabbotage

Dec 15, 2010
I had the exact same issue and returned my defective dongle. I was told the same thing and I've been waiting about 2 weeks to get a reply for my replacement dongle to be shipped. Did you receive a tracking to let you know your new replacement dongle shipped?
Not yet. My defective one was just delivered yesterday. I included a note that I wanted a replacement with my shipping address like they advised. The shipping address I thought was kinda sketchy though. I had to send it to Waldorf Teacher Resources in Sandpoint Idaho and couldn't find anywhere where they were associated with AAwireless. The guy who replied in my support ticket wrote a lot of the FAQs though so I assumed everything was legit.

mpressive6

Apr 11, 2021
Yeah, I provided the same information regarding return shipping. My defective device was delivered to them via confirmed tracking to that same ID address on July 24th. The last communication that I received was July 30th telling me that they hadn't received any updates regarding my returned device. Starting to get PO'd as I used my device religiously. Hope to hear something soon.

sabbotage

Dec 15, 2010
Yeah, I provided the same information regarding return shipping. My defective device was delivered to them via confirmed tracking to that same ID address on July 24th. The last communication that I received was July 30th telling me that they hadn't received any updates regarding my returned device. Starting to get PO'd as I used my device religiously. Hope to hear something soon.
Yeah my ticket was closed so I hate to reply to it, but I confirmed that mine was delivered yesterday as well (I shipped it through Paypal). I was hoping that the turnaround time was quick, but I am wondering if they are running short on devices to send out as replacements?

DevAuto

Mar 9, 2013
Which "connection settings" are you referring to? The AAWireless App has no Connect/Disconnect in its settings?
My apologies, to be clear, I meant your phone's bluetooth settings, not the AAWireless app. Disconnect it then reconnect the bluetooth. On my car I disconnect from the car's BT, connect to the AAWireless device it hands off the connection back to the car BT and triggers a reset of the wifi connection.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Snirpo
    when are feature improvements and new features going to be tackled? It was several months back that you said that they would be tackled after the new version of the start/stop feature was released but we are still waiting for this. Surely Gen2 has been resolved now.
    Gen2 has not been resolved yet, we are very close but not there yet. That's why we are producing 16k Gen1 units now (with a lot of effort to actually get components), to fill the gap and finally get off Indiegogo.
    Gen2 is a huge risk for us, we don't want to mess it up. We are planning to produce Gen2 in large quantities (20k+) batches. If we mess up a 20k batch of devices we can bassicly pack up and go.
    We already felt the pain of messing up a batch (batch 2) and this was only one of 6k units.
    I'm sorry it might seem like we are not doing much, but in the background a lot is going on, not only technically.
    Features will come, and they will come this year. But I cannot give any short term deadlines anymore.

On the app side, if you want to test bleeding edge builds you can join here: https://appdistribution.firebase.dev/i/5196d378c8e122d7

I might also set up the same thing for the board-side. Only there it's a bit trickier, because of the chance of "bricking" the device.
    Hello guys. I don't know if this was already discussed, so I'll try to find the answer with your help. So, how can I set that the AA to start only when I start the car, and to completely stop when I stop the engine? The thing is that every time I approach the car (and the usb gets powered), AA starts and prompts on my phone. Also, when I leave the car and get away from it, AA on the phone takes a while to autoclose, since the car usb s are still powered, I guess.
    Hope I managed to explain what I am looking for :)
    The car is a Renault Megane 4 GT with rlink 2 v9 and the phone is a Samsung Note 20

L.E. since the AA wireless is on even after I exit the car, any phone call is routed to the AA/car BT and not directly on my mobile phone and I can not hear anything (since its being routed through the car speakers)
    To anyone with this issue, you can make a workaround using an app like tasker (or macrodroid which is easier to use) and create a profile.
    For example, I remote start my car so I'm moving in and out of range for AAwireless and Bluetooth. So my "profile is to wait for Bluetooth to connect to my car, then open/launch android auto which then triggers aawirelessly. I make a 2nd profile that once my Bluetooth connection disconnects from my car (car turns off) the profile kills android auto and disconnects from AAwireless wifi. Works great (my car's USB powers on when unlocking car or opening car doors etc)
    I drove 10 hours in the last two days, using AAW constantly (Youtube Music, Audible, TuneIn, phone calls and Google Maps) and it worked absolutely flawless in my Skoda Kodiaq (2017) with a Pixel 5. I'm really happy with the device!
    Posted via Indiegogo and thought I would post here too. Glad to hear you’ve managed to move forward with production again. I’m not asking for an ETA – more of a timeline, do you have an idea when there will be updates to the firmware/app for those who have received their devices? I understand you want to get devices shipped but if you are amongst the group that has bugs/issues with the current firmware, this device is pretty much being used as a paperweight. Once again, I'm not trash talking this device because I love it while it works but some transparency on the development side would be nice since we only hear about the manufacturing side on Indiegogo
    Hello guys. I don't know if this was already discussed, so I'll try to find the answer with your help. So, how can I set that the AA to start only when I start the car, and to completely stop when I stop the engine? The thing is that every time I approach the car (and the usb gets powered), AA starts and prompts on my phone. Also, when I leave the car and get away from it, AA on the phone takes a while to autoclose, since the car usb s are still powered, I guess.
    Hope I managed to explain what I am looking for :)
    The car is a Renault Megane 4 GT with rlink 2 v9 and the phone is a Samsung Note 20

L.E. since the AA wireless is on even after I exit the car, any phone call is routed to the AA/car BT and not directly on my mobile phone and I can not hear anything (since its being routed through the car speakers)
    This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
    We fixed the "VW Headunit crashing on skipping tracks" issue now completely. Confirmed it's a bug on the HU side, latency makes it worse. We will probably push a new firmware by the end of this week.
    I will also submit a bug report to Google, cause they can fix/workaround this issue as well for cabled users.
    Hello. What's new in 1.5?
    A full changelog for each release would really be appreciated :)
    Thanks for all the hard work!
    Yes, I'll write a full changelog next week from 1.0.0 to 1.5.0 and put it on GitHub + add a link in the app.
    I've already waited patiently for delivery 3 months more than expected - I ordered In April and was coming in June but now that's looking like October. Now I read on the indiegogo forum that people in the UK are being charged an additional €27 by the Royal mail as the UK is now not in the EU.

Hi Emil!
    Just received my AAWireless, and will plug in and test tonight. Love the packaging, looks great! However… Since it was shipped from Hong Kong I was forced to pay a rather substantial import fee and duties on this bad boy. I was under the impression that they would be shipped from within the EU? Is it stands now I’m EUR 27,00 poorer :(
    2 2
    https://www.indiegogo.com/individuals/24534862
    Emil Borconi-Szedressy 2 days ago
    PROJECT OWNER
    Looks like you are in the UK which is outside EU and also there is no way to pre-pay taxes with shipping company any more either....

This is a crazy. An additional $10 was already taken for delivery and it was meant to ship from the EU. I suspect the units have been shipped by Royal Mail / Dutch post. The Royal Mail rips off people in the UK because they add another £11 in admin fees on top of the 20% VAT even though goods up to £135 should be exempt.
    See https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...s-goods-sold-to-customers-from-1-january-2021

So not only has VAT been charged coming into the EU from China, it has also been charged coming into the UK ON TOP of the VAT already paid in the EU.

This is just rubbish. What the guys need to do is either ship it from Hong Kong which can cost £0.20 (there are hundreds of chinese ebay and aliexpress sellers doing this already
    See http://www.vatfraud.org/blog/stop-s...ons-universal-postal-union-upu-terminal-dues/
    The $10 postage already taken should then be refunded.

The other way round it is send the item from Hong Kong and to mark the item as a gift and providing it is below £39 there is NO VAT to pay and NO Royal mail admin fee. Actually as the original product was $57 - roughly £41.25 This wouldn't be a crime seeing as we have had to wait soo long. This could also mean the $10 delivery could be refunded

The other way is to ship it via fedex and state the ex-vat cost coming from china and then add 20% vat that the developer should be paying to the UK HMRC.

Sadly if that doesn't take place, EVERYONE IN THE UK will feel ripped off because of the poor delivery and poor choices made by the developers.

Cheers
    Disgruntled in the UK

First of all, your item wasn't shipped yet since in the June batch, so you could have not payed anything for shipping. Secondly, UK is outside the EU, there was a vote about this in 2016, so it doesn't matter if the package comes from EU or from HK or from US, it is treated the same, it's an import. If we import it from HK to EU, we will pay import VAT on the product, then when we send it to UK, we claim back that VAT and we should pay VAT in UK, since there is no more free trading between EU and UK.

Up till recently there was a nice option, to pay VAT and Import duty up-front, when you ship to the UK, but this has been changed and now they requires business outside UK to register with HMRC and do HMRC feeling even if they are residing outside UK, a lot of red tape. Since crowdfunding is not a sale, we can still ship the units to UK, but not sure if we will be able to after the IndieGoGo campaign.

We are also a EU registered company so we cannot (and will not take advantage) of any loop-holes in systems to sell at ridiculously / unrealistically cheap prices.

About the user who paid 27 euros, it turned out that user is living in DK, but provided the address as UK so his package traveled the wrong way, hence the extra duties and surcharges.

Not aware of other users from UK having to pay anything additional when they received the package.