• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

AAWireless - General discussion and support

Search This thread

korn9

May 12, 2015
This forum will always be kicking because once it's stable they will be working on AA mods for this device too. Works great on my car since changing my rom meaning the device itself wasn't the issue - get my point? There's variables outside of this devices control. Ironically it works on mine plus the user above so I guess that would say you're entire point is invalid.
So it works on 2 cars and that makes my point invalid? Read through the 75 pages on here. It doesn't take much intelligence to figure out it doesn't work on every car., but what does that say about you?

korn9

May 12, 2015
This thread isn't to whine about the device not working. How about you tell us your setup, car, headunit and phone?

The device works, but so many phones, cars and phone setups out there. We're here to help each other to make this better.

Start/stop isn't critical, but it will get there. Did you not read about the trouble with chips and more hardware versions than is ideal?

Start/stop would be an interesting feature for me, with my car, in a few situations when I get out of the car and back in fairly soon, as my car powers up the USB if I open a door or unlock it, and keeps it powered for a while after turning the car off. This is very handy for having AAW running quicker than when it was cabled as the handshaking is happening before I get into the drivers seat.

Other cars, like my wife's, do nothing with the USB power until the car is turned on, and shuts it down straight away, so her experience is different.

Remember, we are using this in cars not designed to run AA wirelessly, so the thinking behind the provided USB ports is all over the place, and really only designed to run AA when you plug in via the cable.

Maybe adjust your expectations and enjoy the device when it does work, and actually ask for help with your setup. Somebody else may know a fix, or you could help others in the future.
My expectation is that when I get in my car I don't have to plug it in or open my phone, open the app, wait for it to connect, hit save and then wait for it to reboot. If I disable Start and Stop then my phone is constantly trying to connect while I am in my house or anywhere within 100 feet.

bendsley

Nov 25, 2006
Texas
OnePlus 9
Just FYI - my Passat has MIB2 and all is running smoot, without disconnections.
So I now have a OnePlus 9. Using AAw with it, it will run for a bit, and then AA will quit on the head unit and after a few seconds or moments, it will start back up.

This is the same behavior I have with the Galaxy S20 I was using.

However, when I plug the phone directly into the vehicle USB for AA, no issues.

korn9

May 12, 2015
Yup no point feeding the troll, he already has "8 agile teams" that can do that for him apparently. Let's get back on topic of trying to help people who aren't rude and demanding 😎
I asked for help and this is your answer
This forum will always be kicking because once it's stable they will be working on AA mods for this device too. Works great on my car since changing my rom meaning the device itself wasn't the issue - get my point? There's variables outside of this devices control. Ironically it works on mine plus the user above so I guess that would say you're entire point is invalid.
Ok, so I see you have a 2017 Maserati Ghibli, which shares the infotainment setup with Jeep, Fiat and Alfa Romeo vehicles, for anybody who has something similar from that timeframe.
Correct, Maserati is owned by Chrysler and uses the Uconnect head unit.

korn9

May 12, 2015
This thread isn't to whine about the device not working. How about you tell us your setup, car, headunit and phone?

The device works, but so many phones, cars and phone setups out there. We're here to help each other to make this better.

Start/stop isn't critical, but it will get there. Did you not read about the trouble with chips and more hardware versions than is ideal?

Start/stop would be an interesting feature for me, with my car, in a few situations when I get out of the car and back in fairly soon, as my car powers up the USB if I open a door or unlock it, and keeps it powered for a while after turning the car off. This is very handy for having AAW running quicker than when it was cabled as the handshaking is happening before I get into the drivers seat.

Other cars, like my wife's, do nothing with the USB power until the car is turned on, and shuts it down straight away, so her experience is different.

Remember, we are using this in cars not designed to run AA wirelessly, so the thinking behind the provided USB ports is all over the place, and really only designed to run AA when you plug in via the cable.

Maybe adjust your expectations and enjoy the device when it does work, and actually ask for help with your setup. Somebody else may know a fix, or you could help others in the future.
I would ask that you stop being so defensive. I keep hearing "mine works expertly....." etc. Mine doesn't after 5 months. I applaud the developer/PO/CEO for creating something that is in high demand. My frustration is the speed of firmware updates. Here is the problem with start/stop. My car always has power to the USB. When I am in my house or anywhere close to my car my phone is constantly trying to connect to AAwireless. This device has insane BT range. I can be 150 feet away in a office and it still tries to connect.
My details: 17 Maserati Ghibli, stock Uconnect head unit, Galaxy Note 20U phone running the stock image, not rooted. I can connect 3 out of 4 times. Then the only way to connect again is open the config app and hit save. I don't change any settings and it will connect another 3 times and then just do the same thing over again. It appears it is writing something on each connection.
I haven't tried the muffin wrapper fix someone detailed on the previous page.

1qazwsx4

Sep 19, 2011
New Zealand
I asked for help and this is your answer

Correct, Maserati is owned by Chrysler and uses the Uconnect head unit.
You didn't ask for help, you were rude and obnoxious, slandered the devs involved and then attempting to mock people calling them out on their English. You then proceeded to backtrack when people here called you out on your bullshit attitude and only NOW have you acted civilised and explained your situation and asked for help. Stop acting like an entitled child and show some respect and maybe people will start treating you with some!
In response to your connection issues now... After you've changed a setting within the AAwireless app, completely power down your AAdevice, meaning, disconnect it from the USB plug and let it repower on for each setting change, wait for it to boot while leaving your headunit on and functioning to see if it can connect. This is a step alot of people are missing out. If you try all these settings while following the advise in FAQs and still no luck then you have two outcomes: either you are unlucky and your headunit is still one for the list of currently not working (are there any others with OEM headunits suffering the same issues?) Or two: you have a faulty device and should contact support.

BEM-HAJA

Aug 9, 2017
Boa tarde. Meu AA Wireless chegou na semana passada. Funciona muito bem e abre rapidamente. Eu só tenho um problema com isso. Instalei um carregador de indução e, ao colocar o telefone para carregar, o Waze congela o local. Tentei algumas mudanças no app AAWireless Config, mas não consegui consertar. Alguém tem alguma ideia de como resolver.
Obrigado pela ajuda.

Chevrolet Tracker 2021
Samsung Galaxy S21

Atualização: Invertei a posição do celular no carregador e funcionou, mas não encontrei lógica para isso.

Last edited:

BEM-HAJA

Aug 9, 2017
Good afternoon. My AA Wireless arrived last week. It works great and opens quickly. I just have one problem with it. I have installed an induction charger and when putting the phone to charge Waze freezes the location. I tried some changes in the AAWireless Config app, but I couldn't fix it. Does anyone have any idea how to solve.
Thanks for the help.

Chevrolet Tracker 2021
Samsung Galaxy S21

Update: I inverted the position of the cell phone on the charger and it worked, but I couldn't find any logic for it.

korn9

May 12, 2015
Yup no point feeding the troll, he already has "8 agile teams" that can do that for him apparently. Let's get back on topic of trying to help people who aren't rude and demanding 😎

You didn't ask for help, you were rude and obnoxious, slandered the devs involved and then attempting to mock people calling them out on their English. You then proceeded to backtrack when people here called you out on your bullshit attitude and only NOW have you acted civilised and explained your situation and asked for help. Stop acting like an entitled child and show some respect and maybe people will start treating you with some!
In response to your connection issues now... After you've changed a setting within the AAwireless app, completely power down your AAdevice, meaning, disconnect it from the USB plug and let it repower on for each setting change, wait for it to boot while leaving your headunit on and functioning to see if it can connect. This is a step alot of people are missing out. If you try all these settings while following the advise in FAQs and still no luck then you have two outcomes: either you are unlucky and your headunit is still one for the list of currently not working (are there any others with OEM headunits suffering the same issues?) Or two: you have a faulty device and should contact support.
So I stated I was frustrated with the slow releases and that is still my opinion. You might disagree, but I was not rude or obnoxious. The person I corrected stated that Aawireless works on any car. It doesn't and that is blatantly apparent on this forum.
You didn't read my post where I stated my issue. My issue is with start/stop. It works a few times and then it will not l work again until I save settings without changing the parameters. Meaning I can unplug for hours and plug back in and out will not connect no matter how many times. It appears the settings are getting corrupt on the device. 1.5 was released over 5 weeks ago. That's my issue.
The email I see p
you and others are overly sensitive. If you read my original post I stated I was frustrated over the slow releases. That is my opinion and it still holds true. There was nothing rude about my statement. Then some more sensitive people thought it was appropriate to tell me I am "bullshit". That same person stated "And honestly, sorry for my language, but this is bullshit... If our device didn't work on any car / phone we wouldn't have existed anymore." I simply correct the person by stating it doesn't work on "any" car. 1.5 was released over 5 weeks ago, I emailed help and the response was "don't use your device until the next release", with no indication on when the next release will deploy. If you got your feelings hurt, I apologize, but if you care to reread, you will see that I was not rude, I simply shared my opinion and hurt some sensitive feelings. A hug will cure that.
You didn't read my post detailing my issue. My issue is with start/stop. I cannot use it without start/stop. It will connect a few times and then solid white light. (waiting on my bluetooth connection that has already connected. ) Nothing else will allow it to connect until I open the app and hit save. I don't change the settings, but the app is updating the settings on the device and it reboots and connects again for a few more times and then back at square one. That is obviously not an issue with my head unit. It should be an easy fix and would easy to deploy 1.51. I am sorry I have higher expectations then those that work for AAWireless. I don't know when the next update will deploy, but it I can tell you it isn't 2, 3, 4 or 5 weeks after 1.4. So please enlighten me on how many weeks it would take you to get frustrated. Be careful what you say, it's your opinion and your opinion is not welcome here.

festor

Jun 4, 2013
Just a reminder, you can hover or click someone's name and ignore them (y)

Image1.jpg

valeri_s_k

Aug 24, 2020
Bourgas
So I now have a OnePlus 9. Using AAw with it, it will run for a bit, and then AA will quit on the head unit and after a few seconds or moments, it will start back up.

This is the same behavior I have with the Galaxy S20 I was using.

However, when I plug the phone directly into the vehicle USB for AA, no issues.
No such issues with Xiaomi MI11. May be it is something ROM/phone specific. I guess others with OnePlus9 could help you.

Genebaby

Dec 11, 2013
As stated in my previous post, I was having the same issue with a Galaxy S20. Completely different phones.
What sort of cable are you using? AAW is working quite well with MIB units, certainly not generally doing what you're getting. This is also with Galaxy phones, I have the S20+.

I am back on the OE cable as I tried my luck with some shorter cables but they performed awful. Just trying them the unit would not go anywhere, get the red LED and then reboot and try again, get the red LED. Very unstable. I managed to get it running once but didn't like being placed back in the dash, so I've reverted to the longer OE cable again.

bendsley

Nov 25, 2006
Texas
OnePlus 9
What sort of cable are you using? AAW is working quite well with MIB units, certainly not generally doing what you're getting. This is also with Galaxy phones, I have the S20+.

I am back on the OE cable as I tried my luck with some shorter cables but they performed awful. Just trying them the unit would not go anywhere, get the red LED and then reboot and try again, get the red LED. Very unstable. I managed to get it running once but didn't like being placed back in the dash, so I've reverted to the longer OE cable again.
I've used the original that came with the device. I've tried a cable from aukey, mad one from Anker I believe. Currently back on the original.

Also, currently on the latest mib2 revision for my head unit.

I think it did get better from v1.4 to 1.5. I still get disconnected, maybe just not as often?

Aug 10, 2021
I've already waited patiently for delivery 3 months more than expected - I ordered In April and was coming in June but now that's looking like October. Now I read on the indiegogo forum that people in the UK are being charged an additional €27 by the Royal mail as the UK is now not in the EU.

Hi Emil!
Just received my AAWireless, and will plug in and test tonight. Love the packaging, looks great! However… Since it was shipped from Hong Kong I was forced to pay a rather substantial import fee and duties on this bad boy. I was under the impression that they would be shipped from within the EU? Is it stands now I’m EUR 27,00 poorer :(
2 2
https://www.indiegogo.com/individuals/24534862
Emil Borconi-Szedressy 2 days ago
PROJECT OWNER
Looks like you are in the UK which is outside EU and also there is no way to pre-pay taxes with shipping company any more either....

This is a crazy. An additional $10 was already taken for delivery and it was meant to ship from the EU. I suspect the units have been shipped by Royal Mail / Dutch post. The Royal Mail rips off people in the UK because they add another £11 in admin fees on top of the 20% VAT even though goods up to £135 should be exempt.
See https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...s-goods-sold-to-customers-from-1-january-2021

So not only has VAT been charged coming into the EU from China, it has also been charged coming into the UK ON TOP of the VAT already paid in the EU.

This is just rubbish. What the guys need to do is either ship it from Hong Kong which can cost £0.20 (there are hundreds of chinese ebay and aliexpress sellers doing this already
See http://www.vatfraud.org/blog/stop-s...ons-universal-postal-union-upu-terminal-dues/
The $10 postage already taken should then be refunded.

The other way round it is send the item from Hong Kong and to mark the item as a gift and providing it is below £39 there is NO VAT to pay and NO Royal mail admin fee. Actually as the original product was $57 - roughly £41.25 This wouldn't be a crime seeing as we have had to wait soo long. This could also mean the $10 delivery could be refunded

The other way is to ship it via fedex and state the ex-vat cost coming from china and then add 20% vat that the developer should be paying to the UK HMRC.

Sadly if that doesn't take place, EVERYONE IN THE UK will feel ripped off because of the poor delivery and poor choices made by the developers.

Cheers
Disgruntled in the UK

kgollop

Jul 24, 2021
I've already waited patiently for delivery 3 months more than expected - I ordered In April and was coming in June but now that's looking like October. Now I read on the indiegogo forum that people in the UK are being charged an additional €27 by the Royal mail as the UK is now not in the EU.

Hi Emil!
Just received my AAWireless, and will plug in and test tonight. Love the packaging, looks great! However… Since it was shipped from Hong Kong I was forced to pay a rather substantial import fee and duties on this bad boy. I was under the impression that they would be shipped from within the EU? Is it stands now I’m EUR 27,00 poorer :(
2 2
PROJECT OWNER
Looks like you are in the UK which is outside EU and also there is no way to pre-pay taxes with shipping company any more either....

This is a crazy. An additional $10 was already taken for delivery and it was meant to ship from the EU. I suspect the units have been shipped by Royal Mail / Dutch post. The Royal Mail rips off people in the UK because they add another £11 in admin fees on top of the 20% VAT even though goods up to £135 should be exempt.
See https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...s-goods-sold-to-customers-from-1-january-2021

So not only has VAT been charged coming into the EU from China, it has also been charged coming into the UK ON TOP of the VAT already paid in the EU.

This is just rubbish. What the guys need to do is either ship it from Hong Kong which can cost £0.20 (there are hundreds of chinese ebay and aliexpress sellers doing this already
See http://www.vatfraud.org/blog/stop-s...ons-universal-postal-union-upu-terminal-dues/

The other way round it is send the item from Hong Kong and to mark the item as a gift and providing it is below £39 there is NO VAT to pay and NO Royal mail admin fee. Actually as the original product was $57 - roughly £41.25 This wouldn't be a crime seeing as we have had to wait soo long. This could also mean the $10 delivery could be refunded

The other way is to ship it via fedex and state the ex-vat cost coming from china and then add 20% vat that the developer should be paying to the UK HMRC.

Sadly if that doesn't take place, EVERYONE IN THE UK will feel ripped off because of the poor delivery and poor choices made by the developers.

Cheers
Disgruntled in the UK
Received mine in the UK a couple weeks ago and was not charged any additional tax.

festor

Jun 4, 2013
@35YearsInIT&Telecoms I'm in the UK and perfectly happy with the way they are being shipped... please don't claim you're speaking for me.

When I order from outside the UK (since January) I sometimes get charged VAT at point of sale. Sometimes it's charged after it reaches the UK so there is an admin fee added too. From Hong Kong, China or the EU and it depends if the seller has the facility to charge VAT up front. Sometimes there aren't any charges. It's yet another "fabulous" Brexit dividend that I didn't vote for. It has nothing to do with the separate shipping charge.

You're asking them to swallow the extra cost for something that's not their fault. Or demanding they commit fraud en masse because "we have had to wait soo long".

I'm always amazed at the amount of needy, demanding "supporters" who are unaware how a campaign like this works and think they are dealing with Amazon. All this on top of leveraged extortion from Rockchip. I wouldn't be surprised if Emil and the team refunded orders and sold up... some valuable IP there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Emil Borconi @Snirpo, not sure if this is on your radar yet, but your alpha app expires on Firebase in 7 days, so you'll either have to reupload it as a "new" release or rehost it elsewhere.

Thanks for the head up! Last half year has been well... Pardon my words, utter sh*t. Juggling with components, mistakes from the Chinese side, mistakes from our side. So sadly there has been very little to no work on the app. In general the current Play Store app works fine. One reason the alpha app hasn't been released yet is because of the start / stop mechanism being not good enough. Getting it to work correctly on all phones is tricky. And getting it to work all the time is even trickier. Also in Android 12, Google changed stuff which makes it even more tricky (they removed car mode).
    Anyways, it seems the Motorola dongle uses another way to start up Android Auto, which is like a built in AA start / stop mode. We are figuring out how to get this working. That will be way better then us trying to hack around Android limitations.
    Also apart from the start / stop mode we are working on a 2.0 companion app, with a refreshed UI. I expect we can release it soon.
    Hello,

I've recently acquired one of these AAWireless units and it has mostly been plug and play with my car (which is great), but have noticed some latency in audio and maps navigation.

Oneplus 8 Pro
    Subaru Impreza 2017 Stock Headunit (Starlink) - AUS
    AAW FW: 1.8
    AAW Device: AAWireless-W2fzdMM7

The device only connects to my headunit in MTP plus retry mode (any other mode causes Android Auto to endlessly spin looking for the AAW unit).

Spotify streaming works (albeit with occasional music jumps every few seconds), Plex music streaming stops after 10 seconds with the phone showing "error playing content" and Google Maps has about a 2 second delay in navigation readouts (using the cable to the same phone in the same car does not present any of these issues).

I've tried submitting a bug report, however it seems to cause the AAW unit to reboot as the headunit loses AA connectivity. The app suggests to press the AA button on the headunit in the car but this option is not available after selecting 'submit bug report'.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. :)

EDIT: I have also tried with passthrough mode enabled and that made no difference.
    @Emil Borconi @Snirpo, not sure if this is on your radar yet, but your alpha app expires on Firebase in 7 days, so you'll either have to reupload it as a "new" release or rehost it elsewhere.

I noticed this also was really hoping for an app update by now it's been a long time. Really need pick your device setting since my wife and I are both in a car a lot at the same time it never works properly.
    Thanks for the head up! Last half year has been well... Pardon my words, utter sh*t. Juggling with components, mistakes from the Chinese side, mistakes from our side. So sadly there has been very little to no work on the app. In general the current Play Store app works fine. One reason the alpha app hasn't been released yet is because of the start / stop mechanism being not good enough. Getting it to work correctly on all phones is tricky. And getting it to work all the time is even trickier. Also in Android 12, Google changed stuff which makes it even more tricky (they removed car mode).
    Anyways, it seems the Motorola dongle uses another way to start up Android Auto, which is like a built in AA start / stop mode. We are figuring out how to get this working. That will be way better then us trying to hack around Android limitations.
    Also apart from the start / stop mode we are working on a 2.0 companion app, with a refreshed UI. I expect we can release it soon.
    how about fixing random reconnets from people with samung galaxay s XX devices? @Snirpo
    how about fixing random reconnets from people with samung galaxay s XX devices? @Snirpo

Yup, bumping the question:) As I've wrote earlier on this thread - on my S20 and S9 I am getting my AAW restarting after connecting to my VW's dash. Checked in two VW cars with the same result. Works just fine in Mazda tho (or at least does not crash right away - did not make any long run on this car).

cheers
    y666
    This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
    I just want to leave a big THANK YOU for the developers! You invented a great product and do a great job here.

Anyone who has ordered the product knows that it is a crowdfunding project, which may also have teething problems. I find it cheeky to get upset about problems, even though they are dealt with promptly here. What more should the distributors do than react to the problems here and offer solutions?

I also have problems with the device, but I was helped quickly. Even if it takes a few days.

Dear team: Keep up the good work!
    We fixed the "VW Headunit crashing on skipping tracks" issue now completely. Confirmed it's a bug on the HU side, latency makes it worse. We will probably push a new firmware by the end of this week.
    I will also submit a bug report to Google, cause they can fix/workaround this issue as well for cabled users.

Hi Emil!
    2 2
    PROJECT OWNER

Cheers
    Disgruntled in the UK

First of all, your item wasn't shipped yet since in the June batch, so you could have not payed anything for shipping. Secondly, UK is outside the EU, there was a vote about this in 2016, so it doesn't matter if the package comes from EU or from HK or from US, it is treated the same, it's an import. If we import it from HK to EU, we will pay import VAT on the product, then when we send it to UK, we claim back that VAT and we should pay VAT in UK, since there is no more free trading between EU and UK.

Up till recently there was a nice option, to pay VAT and Import duty up-front, when you ship to the UK, but this has been changed and now they requires business outside UK to register with HMRC and do HMRC feeling even if they are residing outside UK, a lot of red tape. Since crowdfunding is not a sale, we can still ship the units to UK, but not sure if we will be able to after the IndieGoGo campaign.

We are also a EU registered company so we cannot (and will not take advantage) of any loop-holes in systems to sell at ridiculously / unrealistically cheap prices.

About the user who paid 27 euros, it turned out that user is living in DK, but provided the address as UK so his package traveled the wrong way, hence the extra duties and surcharges.

Not aware of other users from UK having to pay anything additional when they received the package.
    Hello. What's new in 1.5?
    A full changelog for each release would really be appreciated :)
    Thanks for all the hard work!
    Yes, I'll write a full changelog next week from 1.0.0 to 1.5.0 and put it on GitHub + add a link in the app.