• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

AAWireless - General discussion and support

Search This thread

ekraus50

Sep 11, 2021
Well it was a nightmare to get it to work when I first got it a couple of months ago.
then a couple of days ago it would not connect for several minutes. Now it wont connect at all. Where do you get support?

Reactions: AndrewShahoff

saclefr

Oct 2, 2012
Hello, how your aawireless reacts when you start the car while you have one pending communication ?
For me I have a question to move the call to the car, but I doesn't work, the call remains on the phone. And worse : after the call, the music remains on the phone too.
The solution is easy : unplug and replug the aawireless (not to do during a call)

Do you have the same ?

Without the aawireless, so when I connect the phone directly to the car, I don't have the issue.

bartvincke

Nov 9, 2010
AAwireless on a samsung s10 and peugeot 2019 model, latest aawireless FW

setting up was quite easy and basically was just following the instructions from the app on the phone
reconnecting is flawless and fast

overal use is good except for 1 thing: when using gps ( waze ) and spotiy, the spotify sound becomes very distorded (temp) whenever waze says something. it's extremely annoying up to the point I'm reconnecting the cable again now until hopefully a fix comes out.

also ( not AA wireless related immediately ) , my car's build in wireless charger barely keeps up with the power drain when using AA through AAWireless.
On cable this is of course no issue and charges the phone normally.

1qazwsx4

Sep 19, 2011
New Zealand
Posted via Indiegogo and thought I would post here too. Glad to hear you’ve managed to move forward with production again. I’m not asking for an ETA – more of a timeline, do you have an idea when there will be updates to the firmware/app for those who have received their devices? I understand you want to get devices shipped but if you are amongst the group that has bugs/issues with the current firmware, this device is pretty much being used as a paperweight. Once again, I'm not trash talking this device because I love it while it works but some transparency on the development side would be nice since we only hear about the manufacturing side on Indiegogo

TheTen

Jan 23, 2008
Could use some input…

Received my unit a good few weeks ago. I’m running a SEAT Alhambra UK late 2015 with FULLLINK. Head unit device p/n is 7N5035680A with hardware H20 software 0240 and nav database 6P0919866.

I can pair Samsung NOTE 10+ to the AAwireless and connect through app, updated firmware, can change settings and initiate reboot.

On connecting to the AAwireless the phone attempts to open AndroidAuto which pops up as a notification ‘scanning’ for a connection that never gets made. The AAwireless just never seems to connect to the head unit.

I’ve tried three usb c cables that all work direct with the phone. I just get constantly flashing blue LED. Out of hundreds of reconnection, wipe data and re-pair, reset button, usb config changes just TWICE did I get a brief acknowledgement of USB device on the head unit and that was ’device not recognised.’

Nothing gets the thing working.

To be fair, I know support are busy… but…

I reached out to email support and just got several rounds of ‘in theory it should work’, lots of ‘try resets/delete cache and data/re-pair/usb modes but nothing works….and then support just left me there at ‘if it isn’t going to work I’ll just have to sell it on eBay with the caveat that it doesn’t work on an Alhambra 2015…’ with a virtual shrug and absolutely zero emphatic help to get it working or even test for a faulty unit.

So I’m less than impressed.

Does anyone have it working on a similar late 2015 VAG system?

vetol

Sep 21, 2021
Hi to all of you! I have Nissan Qashqai and car was manufactured in this March. I've tried everything to use AAwireless in my car but without any success.

One of the members also have Nissan Qashqai and he have managed to get thing going. I also used his method but without result. He have connected some USB hub to the car and than AAWireless to that hub, that's the only thing that I didn't do. Maybe that could be the problem? I'm really trying everything to try to bring AAWireless to life in my car. :)

I have recorded a video and maybe some of you can tell me what else should I try to do:

My phone is Samsung Note 9. I also tried with LG G7.

At the one point in the middle of video while I was trying to use Android auto from car screen I forgot that because of cleared cache I need to click on my phone to accept everything. Also day before recording video I did the same thing but first I connected phone with cable to enable everything in Android Auto and delete cache etc.

It looks quite similar as a problem that TheTen described.

Thank you.

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
Hi to all of you! I have Nissan Qashqai and car was manufactured in this March. I've tried everything to use AAwireless in my car but without any success.

One of the members also have Nissan Qashqai and he have managed to get thing going. I also used his method but without result. He have connected some USB hub to the car and than AAWireless to that hub, that's the only thing that I didn't do. Maybe that could be the problem? I'm really trying everything to try to bring AAWireless to life in my car. :)

I have recorded a video and maybe some of you can tell me what else should I try to do:

My phone is Samsung Note 9. I also tried with LG G7.

At the one point in the middle of video while I was trying to use Android auto from car screen I forgot that because of cleared cache I need to click on my phone to accept everything. Also day before recording video I did the same thing but first I connected phone with cable to enable everything in Android Auto and delete cache etc.

It looks quite similar as a problem that TheTen described.

Thank you.
Please follow these instructions: https://cpeb.freshdesk.com/support/...evice-never-connects-and-keeps-blinking-green to make sure everything is reset to initial state.

Make sure you're on the newest firmware, and make sure USB mode is on "default". Then it should work.
The USB hub "workaround" was not really a solution. "Default" USB mode is the key for (some) Nissan's.

vetol

Sep 21, 2021

TheTen

Jan 23, 2008
Could use some input…

Received my unit a good few weeks ago. I’m running a SEAT Alhambra UK late 2015 with FULLLINK. Head unit device p/n is 7N5035680A with hardware H20 software 0240 and nav database 6P0919866.

I can pair Samsung NOTE 10+ to the AAwireless and connect through app, updated firmware, can change settings and initiate reboot.

On connecting to the AAwireless the phone attempts to open AndroidAuto which pops up as a notification ‘scanning’ for a connection that never gets made. The AAwireless just never seems to connect to the head unit.

I’ve tried three usb c cables that all work direct with the phone. I just get constantly flashing blue LED. Out of hundreds of reconnection, wipe data and re-pair, reset button, usb config changes just TWICE did I get a brief acknowledgement of USB device on the head unit and that was ’device not recognised.’

Nothing gets the thing working.

To be fair, I know support are busy… but…

I reached out to email support and just got several rounds of ‘in theory it should work’, lots of ‘try resets/delete cache and data/re-pair/usb modes but nothing works….and then support just left me there at ‘if it isn’t going to work I’ll just have to sell it on eBay with the caveat that it doesn’t work on an Alhambra 2015…’ with a virtual shrug and absolutely zero emphatic help to get it working or even test for a faulty unit.

So I’m less than impressed.

Does anyone have it working on a similar late 2015 VAG system?
Anyone?

Bit like AAwireless’s support…

Tumbleweed?

Genebaby

Dec 11, 2013
It's working in a lot of VAG systems, not sure about a SEAT system from 2015, but it works on VAG, there are a lot of VAG cars out there.

The ONLY thing going wrong with my system now is the Google Assistant voice not always being heard and I think it's a VAG thing. Been driving the wife's Mitsubishi and it's always fine on hers, when you summon Google, you can hear the voice, but it's a crap shoot in my car.

I updated my car to 1.7 yesterday (was very smooth and easy to do while in the car) and went for a drive. Three for three this time I couldn't hear Google speak. Possibly worse than before in that regard, otherwise still fine.

We are in lockdown so not driving as much, and as mentioned, been driving the wife's car when I do go out and realised hers seems to be fine, fine with the Google voice.

I did try using Direct and MPT modes again but no difference in my car.

Does anybody else have this, maybe in a VAG car?

Top Liked Posts

I think the problem ist not only at a "few" boards of the first batch. Do you see how many customers of this GEN updated to 1.7.0/1.7.1? How much percent of them use this? I think there could be many more with this problem but the most of them have not used this FW, or dont update to any new version or are not interested for searching for the issue and dont report them to you. Not all of this users trying to keep in contact in this board to you or your App.
    Yes, we can see exactly how much boards of each model are updated to a certain version.
    If people are having issues after an update we should see that back in the tickets in our support system / XDA / Reddit, we monitor all these sources.
    If that's not the case, it means we can never push any update anymore. We do test updates internally, but there will always be cases where a certain update breaks for some and not for others.
    New issues would be getting reported.. that's human nature to get upset/annoyed/frustrated when something breaks.. 🤨😉

1.7.1 is still rock solid here and using Start/Stop full time without issue. Best firmware release to date! I think they just need to iron out the 1.10.x app issues in the internal beta and push a new stable app release and we're good.

1.7.0 was of course the worst since it broke many devices booting up most of the time, and you better believe I reported on that promptly, then tested the sh*t out of it, and so it got fixed in 1.7.1. 👍
    Yes, that's also what I think. If you have problems from the get go, it's different, because yes, then people might give up at a certain point. But when you have a working device and it suddenly stops working (seemingly) because of an update, people will report it. Especially with the number of devices in use now. To give a number, out of about 10k batch 3 (e2w3) devices, 2k are on 1.7.1, so about 20 percent. Maybe not everyone will report issues, but even if if only 5 percent reports it, it will immediately be visible in ticket count (or messages on XDA/Reddit). With 1.7.0 there was an (intermittent) general issue, and it was reported pretty quickly indeed :)
    Not sure what to try though. I drove today with an e2w3 (batch 3, same as yours) for 2 hours with zero issues on 1.7.1. So it's a bit of a mystery.

Yesterday it was fine for the first trip I made after updating (about 12 miles), but on the return trip it started haing issues. AA stared turning itself off and reconnecting. I did notice that the audio was streaming via bluetooth for a bit before AA finally crashed. Audio quality is noticeably lower on bluetooth, so I tried to shut off the BT radio to force a reconnect and then the map display on the HU reverted to white/day mode, the initial AA setup tried to run, and then became unresponsive on the HU. Form that point on I couldn't get the AAW to connect at all (forced a reset on the AAW, and all the usual software/harware/BT re-pairing routines).

Galaxy S21U in a 2018 Subaru Outback (basic model, US market)
    I have received the unit and was very satisfied with its operation, but I was very disappointed when I discovered that my phone has stopped recording calls when connected to the aawirelless, this for me is very important to have this recording function the calls, before putting the aawirelless if it had the function of recording calls having connected by bluetooth to the car radio.
    My phone is a xiaomi Mi 10T Pro, with android 11 system, room xiaomi.eu, with native dialer and active call recording.

Please, it is very important for me to be able to record the calls for my work, I need to know if this bug has any solution, thank you very much for the help.

View attachment 5434719
    Hello. This is MY big problem, too.
    But The issue is from Android auto, not from AA Wireless. Even when I used the cable the issue was present.
    This is because AA uses his own dialer that bypasses stock dialer... So internal call recording (made from stock dialer) does not work anymore...
    Only once, and only for few days, Samsung stock dialer worked fine with AA with call recordings on... no idea why,
    And no idea why this is not working anymore after I had to delete cache and data from Google app and Google play services...
    I think this is the usual Google's stuff...:(
    I started a Google help thread here: https://support.google.com/androidauto/thread/131269882/call-recording-bug?hl=en
    Hello. This is MY big problem, too.
    But The issue is from Android auto, not from AA Wireless. Even when I used the cable the issue was present.
    This is because AA uses his own dialer that bypasses stock dialer... So internal call recording (made from stock dialer) does not work anymore...
    Only once, and only for few days, Samsung stock dialer worked fine with AA with call recordings on... no idea why,
    And no idea why this is not working anymore after I had to delete cache and data from Google app and Google play services...
    I think this is the usual Google's stuff...:(
    Thanks for commenting on your experience, I really imagined something like that, I hope a solution is finally discovered, I have stopped using aawirelles for this and it makes me very angry.
    Hi,

are you going to release 1.7.1 this day? Because i have same problems with 1.7 like the others here. Would be great! :) Thank you!
    1.7.1 has just been released :)
    AAWireless-2WuK74t7 here. #7004. Thanks for your efforts and looking into it!
    Boot limit is set to 5 failed boots before reverting to the previous version, so I think you experienced this. I'm glad we built in this failsafe... Didn't think we ever needed it... Thanks for the info guys!
    We 99% percent sure found the issue now. I put your devices on a 1.7-hotfix version.
    @osm0sis @janz25 @dzeidzei

I put your devices on a version which might fix the boot (no led) issues for 1.7.0+. You can update to this version via the OTA screen. Could you check if this fixes it? I can't reproduce it, so it's a bit hard to verify myself :)

Thanks!
    Weirdly Start/Stop still works fine for me even when that password error toast is displayed.
    I'm glad the no led is issue is fixed now :) This was a nasty issue. I'll give out testers a day or two to double check if it's completely solved, so I'll probably release 1.7.1 on Tuesday.
    Sadly we shipped 10k devices with 1.7 now, so will have to immediately push 1.7.1 to those devices. Not going to be much fun support wise I'm afraid :(
    This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
    We fixed the "VW Headunit crashing on skipping tracks" issue now completely. Confirmed it's a bug on the HU side, latency makes it worse. We will probably push a new firmware by the end of this week.
    I will also submit a bug report to Google, cause they can fix/workaround this issue as well for cabled users.
    Hello. What's new in 1.5?
    A full changelog for each release would really be appreciated :)
    Thanks for all the hard work!
    Yes, I'll write a full changelog next week from 1.0.0 to 1.5.0 and put it on GitHub + add a link in the app.
    I've already waited patiently for delivery 3 months more than expected - I ordered In April and was coming in June but now that's looking like October. Now I read on the indiegogo forum that people in the UK are being charged an additional €27 by the Royal mail as the UK is now not in the EU.

Hi Emil!
    Just received my AAWireless, and will plug in and test tonight. Love the packaging, looks great! However… Since it was shipped from Hong Kong I was forced to pay a rather substantial import fee and duties on this bad boy. I was under the impression that they would be shipped from within the EU? Is it stands now I’m EUR 27,00 poorer :(
    2 2
    https://www.indiegogo.com/individuals/24534862
    Emil Borconi-Szedressy 2 days ago
    PROJECT OWNER
    Looks like you are in the UK which is outside EU and also there is no way to pre-pay taxes with shipping company any more either....

This is a crazy. An additional $10 was already taken for delivery and it was meant to ship from the EU. I suspect the units have been shipped by Royal Mail / Dutch post. The Royal Mail rips off people in the UK because they add another £11 in admin fees on top of the 20% VAT even though goods up to £135 should be exempt.
    See https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...s-goods-sold-to-customers-from-1-january-2021

So not only has VAT been charged coming into the EU from China, it has also been charged coming into the UK ON TOP of the VAT already paid in the EU.

This is just rubbish. What the guys need to do is either ship it from Hong Kong which can cost £0.20 (there are hundreds of chinese ebay and aliexpress sellers doing this already
    See http://www.vatfraud.org/blog/stop-s...ons-universal-postal-union-upu-terminal-dues/
    The $10 postage already taken should then be refunded.

The other way round it is send the item from Hong Kong and to mark the item as a gift and providing it is below £39 there is NO VAT to pay and NO Royal mail admin fee. Actually as the original product was $57 - roughly £41.25 This wouldn't be a crime seeing as we have had to wait soo long. This could also mean the $10 delivery could be refunded

The other way is to ship it via fedex and state the ex-vat cost coming from china and then add 20% vat that the developer should be paying to the UK HMRC.

Sadly if that doesn't take place, EVERYONE IN THE UK will feel ripped off because of the poor delivery and poor choices made by the developers.

Cheers
    Disgruntled in the UK

First of all, your item wasn't shipped yet since in the June batch, so you could have not payed anything for shipping. Secondly, UK is outside the EU, there was a vote about this in 2016, so it doesn't matter if the package comes from EU or from HK or from US, it is treated the same, it's an import. If we import it from HK to EU, we will pay import VAT on the product, then when we send it to UK, we claim back that VAT and we should pay VAT in UK, since there is no more free trading between EU and UK.

Up till recently there was a nice option, to pay VAT and Import duty up-front, when you ship to the UK, but this has been changed and now they requires business outside UK to register with HMRC and do HMRC feeling even if they are residing outside UK, a lot of red tape. Since crowdfunding is not a sale, we can still ship the units to UK, but not sure if we will be able to after the IndieGoGo campaign.

We are also a EU registered company so we cannot (and will not take advantage) of any loop-holes in systems to sell at ridiculously / unrealistically cheap prices.

About the user who paid 27 euros, it turned out that user is living in DK, but provided the address as UK so his package traveled the wrong way, hence the extra duties and surcharges.

Not aware of other users from UK having to pay anything additional when they received the package.