• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

AAWireless - General discussion and support

Search This thread

matej1990

Feb 4, 2010
Maribor
WiFi should always be visible, if it's not, something is wrong. Could be a defective one. Please contact support at [email protected]
Thanks for quick answer.
On my device wifi is not visible no mater what phone/device I use. Reset is not helping. Also no progress when switching to 2.4GHz mode only in AAW app. I guess my AAW device is faulty. :( I'm already in the contact with support. Thanks!

Bunecarera

Mar 4, 2008
OnePlus 9 Pro
Got my unit last week.
Is working great at the moment, but I cannot seem to update to 1.7.1.
Current version is 1.6.0

Have a rooted Oneplus 9Pro International.

As soon as I start the OTA update, the led goes from blinking blue back to blinking green.
And it looses the Wifi connection to the AAWireless unit...

I have tried connecting it to a normal USB source.

Last edited:

Zece-88

Dec 25, 2016
Got mine a couple days ago, and had some issues getting it set up. My phone is a Samsung Note 9, and the initial setup failed, saying it was unable to connect. I tried resetting everything, clearing data, and manually pairing bluetooth, but it would still never connect to the device's wifi.

AAWireless lights would go from solid green, to blinking green, phone would show the notification for android auto, but eventually it would just time out and the light would change to red. The wifi network was visible, but it just never connected.

I'm not that familiar with android auto's protocol, but I took a guess that it was probably sending wifi credentials over bluetooth when it connected, so I took a look at the bluetooth hci snoop log in wireshark, and sure enough, it seems that was the case. I was able to use them to manually connect to the wifi network, at which point android auto started right up.

I don't know why the initial wifi setup failed, but now that the connection is saved, it seems to work normally.
Hi rale000,

Can you guide me to how you found the SSID/wpa for aawireless?

andrelotter

May 31, 2021
Odd, you can join us on Slack to investigate further. Please send me a PM so I can add you to the beta testers group (if you want ;) ).

Join my Slack workspace! https://join.slack.com/t/aawireless/shared_invite/zt-nu6jokgj-Y~FxA6aegEZMi98aISYEjA
Hi there, I noticed that you say 2.4Ghz always fixes the interference problem. I said in my original post when I started to experiment with the foil that 2.4Ghz also had interference. It was not as bad but not fixable with the foil at all. See https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/aawireless-general-discussion-and-support.4247677/post-85422181. I also said that the 2.4Ghz band was only 20Mhz and you should try 40Mhz Another member (shadowcaster3) also suggested that the signal to noise ratio could be the problem. His explanation makes much more sense. Something that you can look into. Maybe an extended antenna inside the case can help. See his post at https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/aawireless-general-discussion-and-support.4247677/post-85437469

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
Hi there, I noticed that you say 2.4Ghz always fixes the interference problem. I said in my original post when I started to experiment with the foil that 2.4Ghz also had interference. It was not as bad but not fixable with the foil at all. See https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/aawireless-general-discussion-and-support.4247677/post-85422181. I also said that the 2.4Ghz band was only 20Mhz and you should try 40Mhz Another member (shadowcaster3) also suggested that the signal to noise ratio could be the problem. His explanation makes much more sense. Something that you can look into. Maybe an extended antenna inside the case can help. See his post at https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/aawireless-general-discussion-and-support.4247677/post-85437469
Thanks for the info, I don't follow this thread all the time, cause I quite simply don't have the time for it. We have some of our testers testing these WiFi issues for us. For our testers (and also myself) 2.4Ghz always fixes these dropout issues. We now have 4 different versions of the boards, with 4 (or actually 5) different WiFi chips, so it could be possible it's somewhat worse for some models than others.
We are doing our best to fix these issues, but unfortunately we are no hardware engineers. Until now we were fully dependent on the Chinese. Recently we hired an independent hardware engineer (in NL) to investigate this issue in a lab situation, and also over all audit the hardware.

Jamess007

Mar 6, 2005
So... I have AAwireless for a week. Everything is awesome, connecting is fast and stable. BUT! I have a problem with audio streaming from Tidal. Approx after 5, 10 minutes of listening, Music streaming is full of interrupts. For now, it's useless for me, I bought it primaly for wireless Tidal. I have build in navi from factory. In AAwireless app, I tried everything and There is no change for me. I suspect that problem is in combination in Android Auto Navi app (Google maps, Waze a.s.o.)and streaming music from Tidal in the same time. Problem is that AA is launching the navi app automaticaly on start.
I have a Peugeot 508 MY2020 and AAwireless with the latest FW 1.7.1, phone Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2.
Thank you so much for some information about this problem 👍

May 15, 2021
So many issues after updating to 1.7.1
I have a unit from the first batch(es).

Connection interrupts a lot, drop-outs, often no reconnection after this interrupts, after replug the AAW connection it works again for a few time.

The 1.5 worked nearly perfect for me.
Is it possible to downgrade my device?

Device: l9il9i67yYv

Thanks for your help!

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
So many issues after updating to 1.7.1
I have a unit from the first batch(es).

Connection interrupts a lot, drop-outs, often no reconnection after this interrupts, after replug the AAW connection it works again for a few time.

The 1.5 worked nearly perfect for me.
Is it possible to downgrade my device?

Device: l9il9i67yYv

Thanks for your help!
Sure, you can downgrade to 1.5. Please report back if it helps for you.

May 15, 2021
Thank you very much :)
I will downgrade after my work. Tomorrow i gonna have a longer journey with my car. I will let you know if the problems persist or are they gone.

BTW: Perfect support here! Thanks to the team of AAW

Iceax123

Oct 26, 2012
Cheshire, Uk
Afternoon all.

Just a quick question, how accurate are the shipping / delivery times on indigogo - I've hit the button and just wondered if the time scales published there are still good?

Thanks

A

yahoo666

Oct 15, 2021
Hey, I'm new here. Hello everyone:)

I got my AAW device some 2-3 days ago, and I am unable to make it stable ever since. I reach out here as it appears to be the only source of support for the AAWireless.

VW Passat B8, 2015. DiscoverPro unit; Samsung Galaxy S20.

Story is:
All the initial setup went smooth. Starts up normally (green, then blue light, when turns blue my phone says that it's connected to AAW). I select AAW on my head unit, it appears on the screen and works for some random time - from 1 to ~50 seconds, then disconnects. Car says "can't connect to the device" - and the LED on the AAW unit is off. Then turns green again, then blue - phone discovers and connects - and the AAW is again available. And disconnects again, and this vicious cycle repeats. Looks like the device is randomly restarting. If the device is not enabled (so it's connected to the car, and to the phone, but not selected on the car screen) the blue light remains on. When enabling it in head unit - boom, here we go again.

Tried multiple different cables, including the one that came with the device. No major differences. Moreover, tethered AA, directly from the phone, works good on all those cables. This also appears to be completely independent from any movement - happens also with the car standing still in the garage and without me touching anything. I can record the video if that helps.

I've impatiently waited for like half a year to get my AAW unit, and I am super unhappy that I can't use it:( Fingers crossed we could find a solution together.

Any suggestions? I am quite lame, so will potentially need some "for dummies" kind of guidance;)

Cheers from Poland!
yahoo666

sabbotage

Dec 15, 2010
I am not sure where else to post this issue so I thought I would give this a try. I am on my third AAWireless device after 2 replacements. My first one failed and would not boot and was on firmware 1.30 when this happened. My replacement came and I updated right away to 1.50. After this update I started noticing a hiccup or skip every 20 seconds in my music so I started digging deeper. The problem only happened once I would skip a song. If I started YouTube music from the start and just let the music play the problem would never happen. Once I used the steering wheel control or the touch screen to skip to the next song it would hiccup or quickly pause every 20 seconds. When I closed Android Auto and went back to the radio and then quickly opened Android Auto back up and resumed playback the problem was fixed again. Then anytime I would skip a song the problem would start again. I tried every available option including forcing 2.4Ghz and nothing worked. I put in a support ticket and after explaining everything they decided to replace the device again. I recieved the new one a few days ago and got it all setup flawlessly and out of the box it was on firmware 1.50. So I started playback and skipped a song and same thing with the new one. Every 20 seconds a hiccup or quick pause in the music. I saw firmware 1.71 was available so I installed that and still have the same problem. I don't recall my original device ever having this problem on firmware 1.30. I would be happy to get logs or something to get this issue fixed. I do think it's software related since I saw the issue with 2 different units. There is also a thread over at reddit where several others have similar issues: https://www.reddit.com/r/AAWireless/comments/pk0vui

Jellycrusher

Oct 15, 2021
Hey, I'm new here. Hello everyone:)

I got my AAW device some 2-3 days ago, and I am unable to make it stable ever since. I reach out here as it appears to be the only source of support for the AAWireless.

VW Passat B8, 2015. DiscoverPro unit; Samsung Galaxy S20.

Story is:
All the initial setup went smooth. Starts up normally (green, then blue light, when turns blue my phone says that it's connected to AAW). I select AAW on my head unit, it appears on the screen and works for some random time - from 1 to ~50 seconds, then disconnects. Car says "can't connect to the device" - and the LED on the AAW unit is off. Then turns green again, then blue - phone discovers and connects - and the AAW is again available. And disconnects again, and this vicious cycle repeats. Looks like the device is randomly restarting. If the device is not enabled (so it's connected to the car, and to the phone, but not selected on the car screen) the blue light remains on. When enabling it in head unit - boom, here we go again.

Tried multiple different cables, including the one that came with the device. No major differences. Moreover, tethered AA, directly from the phone, works good on all those cables. This also appears to be completely independent from any movement - happens also with the car standing still in the garage and without me touching anything. I can record the video if that helps.

I've impatiently waited for like half a year to get my AAW unit, and I am super unhappy that I can't use it:( Fingers crossed we could find a solution together.

Any suggestions? I am quite lame, so will potentially need some "for dummies" kind of guidance;)

Cheers from Poland!
yahoo666
Had the same issue- Skoda Scala 2020, S20U, upgraded radio without navigation. For me worked- disabling the contacts synchro at phone bluetooth settings with AAWirelsess, and then enabling passthrough option in app settings. You also have to enable in AA settings- wireless connection, and video streaming options. After that it works flawlessly.

Roland Linke

Oct 10, 2021
Hello,
i have problem to connect to my car.
Skoda Fabia 3 Mib2 Amundsen (Full Speach and Navigation)
Mobile Note 10+ android 11

As i received my 'Perk' it has Firmware 1.5, i connect it after a few trys wirh Force 2.4gh and VAG crash fix.
The LED was blue and at the head unit from car i can select 'aa Wireless'.
This works for 5 minutes, then i make the ota update to 1,71. The device and my mobile makes a wifi connection.
After this point, no connect to the car unit.
I can use the config app, to set parameters to the aa wireless device, but nothing happens, after power on the device it shows 8-10 second the green led, then it blinks green, 3 blinks, 3 blinks, 3 blinks.
Then i set another parameter to the device and pull the cable, after power on the same begins.
Trying to delete the bluetooth entry (read it under help and suggestion) with aawireless is not possible, i can only decouple it.
Cache and data on Apps are deletet, no effect.
Wenn i do the setup process again, the aaconfig setup will not end, the android auto will start on the mobile and can't connect to the head unit.

How can i go back to firmware 1,5?

8 times Disconnect to power at boot has no effect to the device, it has still Firmware 1,71 - showing at the app. (Trying to bring the emergency firmware backup to live!)

AAWireless-4DEJFJR6

Best regards

Roland Linke
Hi,

i was wrote form the team to downgrade to Firmware 1.5.
I downloaded it but there is no chance to install it.
It look like the device can't connect to my mobile with Wi-Fi. Bluetooth to connect to phone is established.
Then i delete the cache and data from aa-connect. Big Mistake!!
Now i am unable to download 1.5 again.
I mean it is not so good to question to another download to my perk when i can not connect with Wi-Fi to install it!

What can i do to bring back the Firmware 1.5 without connections?

Interrupt the boot sequence 5 times, How long is the time slice?
Pull the power Cable out, with LED static green or with LED 3 times blink?

Best Regards

Roland

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted provide an update on this to see if anyone has any idea. I ended up downgrading the firmware on my cars head unit to the version that was working perfectly previously. I still have the same situation. Using a cable to my phone AA works perfectly. Using the AAwireless device, my phone connects and prompts me to open AA on my cars head unit however the icon to click on the head unit screen is not there. This behaviour only happens when using the AAWireless device. I am thinking now this is a Android 12 issue and perhaps something updated on my phone around the same time the firmware in my car was updated. Is there anything I should be doing to provide logs on this? There is not really an error I suppose on the AAwireless side but something seems to not communicating correctly. I will be testing on another car to see if the problem persists or not in the coming days.
    We have a support overload since Android 12, it ain't funny... Emil and myself have (almost) zero issues on our Pixel 6s. The only thing I experienced once or twice is Bluetooth cutting out on the Pixel, have to reboot the phone to get it to work again. Stuff is broken for sure... For some it works fine, for others with seemingly exact the same situation it does not. We're trying to find solutions, but we're already pretty overloaded with everything going on.
    Wouldn't recommend downgrading your device (requires @Snirpo or another aawireless dev to do this) because then like me, you'll be stuck on firmware 1.5 with no explanation why someone people are on 1.7.1 and others are stuck on 1.5 and no option to update. I'm also a first gen aawireless AAWireless-eSs19MUQ
    Explanation: some batch 4 devices have been flashed with batch 3 firmware, and at this point we have no way to differentiate them from the backend automatically. So batch 1, 2 and 4 are save to update, batch 3 not, because it could also very well be an batch 4 device. It's causing havoc cause the backend is not really set up for this situation. For now we are only doing manual updates for batch 3 devices.
    Some info that may provide some insight to others. I'm using an Xiaomi note 9s (Curtana) and while running MIUI EU 12.5 I have issues with AAW after a call ends it plays through my phone's speakers instead of the headunit speakers. This is a well known bug from MIUI. I tried flashing a few different android 11-12 ROMs and ALL had issues with AAW from aosp ROMs to official lineage os (android 11) and gave up on the idea of a bug free experience.

However, I flashed a build of MIUI EU 12.6 and I now have a BUG FREE EXPERIENCE of AAW - no dropping out, calls work without disconnecting/sound going through incorrect sources etc.

My point being: this is XDA - we flash different ROMs some of which are buggy to high hell. If you're having issues with your phone and connections etc please try using a stable ROM or change your ROM to check if you have any luck connecting/resolving bugs. There are plenty of aftermarket ROMs here where android auto via USB functions great but wireless is bugged (looking at you lineage os) just my two cents
    Hi !

I got my AAWireless today. Updated to 1.7.1, and used it with a Pixel 6 Pro on a Hyundai Ioniq 2020 (with the April 2020 head unit SW update).

It's working fine for ... a few minutes. Then it disconnects. I had about 4 or 5 disconnects on a 15mn trip today while using intermittently maps, spotify or both.

When it happens, it looks like the LED stays blue, the head unit says the phone disconnected, the phone things AA is still on, and based on feedback from my passenger fiddling with the phone, AAWireless app on the phone still thinks it's connected to the device.

If you wait long enough (a couple of minutes) it eventually comes back. That or disconnect/reconnect.

All settings are default.

Any suggestion ? I couldn't figure out what to do with the "debugging" mode... that said I'm a SW engineer so given instructions I can probably dig out logs etc...
    I have a Samsung s21 Ultra on the Android 12 beta. Everything works perfectly for me so far. I haven't seen the change your referring too though.
    This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
    I just want to leave a big THANK YOU for the developers! You invented a great product and do a great job here.

Anyone who has ordered the product knows that it is a crowdfunding project, which may also have teething problems. I find it cheeky to get upset about problems, even though they are dealt with promptly here. What more should the distributors do than react to the problems here and offer solutions?

I also have problems with the device, but I was helped quickly. Even if it takes a few days.

Dear team: Keep up the good work!
    We fixed the "VW Headunit crashing on skipping tracks" issue now completely. Confirmed it's a bug on the HU side, latency makes it worse. We will probably push a new firmware by the end of this week.
    I will also submit a bug report to Google, cause they can fix/workaround this issue as well for cabled users.
    I've already waited patiently for delivery 3 months more than expected - I ordered In April and was coming in June but now that's looking like October. Now I read on the indiegogo forum that people in the UK are being charged an additional €27 by the Royal mail as the UK is now not in the EU.

Hi Emil!
    Just received my AAWireless, and will plug in and test tonight. Love the packaging, looks great! However… Since it was shipped from Hong Kong I was forced to pay a rather substantial import fee and duties on this bad boy. I was under the impression that they would be shipped from within the EU? Is it stands now I’m EUR 27,00 poorer :(
    2 2
    https://www.indiegogo.com/individuals/24534862
    Emil Borconi-Szedressy 2 days ago
    PROJECT OWNER
    Looks like you are in the UK which is outside EU and also there is no way to pre-pay taxes with shipping company any more either....

This is a crazy. An additional $10 was already taken for delivery and it was meant to ship from the EU. I suspect the units have been shipped by Royal Mail / Dutch post. The Royal Mail rips off people in the UK because they add another £11 in admin fees on top of the 20% VAT even though goods up to £135 should be exempt.
    See https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...s-goods-sold-to-customers-from-1-january-2021

So not only has VAT been charged coming into the EU from China, it has also been charged coming into the UK ON TOP of the VAT already paid in the EU.

This is just rubbish. What the guys need to do is either ship it from Hong Kong which can cost £0.20 (there are hundreds of chinese ebay and aliexpress sellers doing this already
    See http://www.vatfraud.org/blog/stop-s...ons-universal-postal-union-upu-terminal-dues/
    The $10 postage already taken should then be refunded.

The other way round it is send the item from Hong Kong and to mark the item as a gift and providing it is below £39 there is NO VAT to pay and NO Royal mail admin fee. Actually as the original product was $57 - roughly £41.25 This wouldn't be a crime seeing as we have had to wait soo long. This could also mean the $10 delivery could be refunded

The other way is to ship it via fedex and state the ex-vat cost coming from china and then add 20% vat that the developer should be paying to the UK HMRC.

Sadly if that doesn't take place, EVERYONE IN THE UK will feel ripped off because of the poor delivery and poor choices made by the developers.

Cheers
    Disgruntled in the UK

First of all, your item wasn't shipped yet since in the June batch, so you could have not payed anything for shipping. Secondly, UK is outside the EU, there was a vote about this in 2016, so it doesn't matter if the package comes from EU or from HK or from US, it is treated the same, it's an import. If we import it from HK to EU, we will pay import VAT on the product, then when we send it to UK, we claim back that VAT and we should pay VAT in UK, since there is no more free trading between EU and UK.

Up till recently there was a nice option, to pay VAT and Import duty up-front, when you ship to the UK, but this has been changed and now they requires business outside UK to register with HMRC and do HMRC feeling even if they are residing outside UK, a lot of red tape. Since crowdfunding is not a sale, we can still ship the units to UK, but not sure if we will be able to after the IndieGoGo campaign.

We are also a EU registered company so we cannot (and will not take advantage) of any loop-holes in systems to sell at ridiculously / unrealistically cheap prices.

About the user who paid 27 euros, it turned out that user is living in DK, but provided the address as UK so his package traveled the wrong way, hence the extra duties and surcharges.

Not aware of other users from UK having to pay anything additional when they received the package.
    Hello. What's new in 1.5?
    A full changelog for each release would really be appreciated :)
    Thanks for all the hard work!
    Yes, I'll write a full changelog next week from 1.0.0 to 1.5.0 and put it on GitHub + add a link in the app.