AAWireless - General discussion and support

Search This thread

kingpong

May 20, 2006
We 99% percent sure found the issue now. I put your devices on a 1.7-hotfix version.
I'm running into the same issue with 1.7. often now when I start the car it does not connect until I unplug aawireless and plug it back in. around the same time I updated to 1.7, my wife paired her phone with my car and I thought that was the issue. but after removing her device, it still happens. I checked today when it happened and noticed the LEDs did not light up similar to what others have reported.

any chance I can try the hot fix as well?
Ww94Dlf0

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
How do I get 1.70 it shows 1.50 is the latest on my app thanks all
Rollout was stopped until failed boot issues are fixed.

I'm testing the fix right now actually, seems so far so good! Trying out Start/Stop again next for extra levels of difficulty. 🤠🤞

Edit: @Snirpo honestly all seems pretty solid again now! The new Start/Stop in 1.7.x and the internal beta app seems very consistent now as well! Great work! Ship it all! 🎉🤘

Only (apparently cosmetic) thing I notice is that sometimes with Start/Stop my phone will make a toast message "Incorrect password" presumably for WiFi, but otherwise all appears to work flawlessly now.

Last edited:

bjevers

Feb 10, 2006
Waukee, IA
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Only (apparently cosmetic) thing I notice is that sometimes with Start/Stop my phone will make a toast message "Incorrect password" presumably for WiFi, but otherwise all appears to work flawlessly now.
1.7 hotfix seems to have fixed the no LED issue for me. I still get what you did above about invalid password and have to connect by choosing the AAWireless Bluetooth connection. Happens more often than not, so start/stop isn't really working well for me. My vehicle is a 2020 Ram 1500 with UConnect system.

Reactions: osm0sis

osm0sis

Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
1.7 hotfix seems to have fixed the no LED issue for me. I still get what you did above about invalid password and have to connect by choosing the AAWireless Bluetooth connection. Happens more often than not, so start/stop isn't really working well for me. My vehicle is a 2020 Ram 1500 with UConnect system.
Weirdly Start/Stop still works fine for me even when that password error toast is displayed.

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
Weirdly Start/Stop still works fine for me even when that password error toast is displayed.
I'm glad the no led is issue is fixed now :) This was a nasty issue. I'll give out testers a day or two to double check if it's completely solved, so I'll probably release 1.7.1 on Tuesday.
Sadly we shipped 10k devices with 1.7 now, so will have to immediately push 1.7.1 to those devices. Not going to be much fun support wise I'm afraid :(

osm0sis

Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
I'm glad the no led is issue is fixed now :) This was a nasty issue. I'll give out testers a day or two to double check if it's completely solved, so I'll probably release 1.7.1 on Tuesday.
Sadly we shipped 10k devices with 1.7 now, so will have to immediately push 1.7.1 to those devices. Not going to be much fun support wise I'm afraid :(
I see another hotfix build rolled out to me this morning, need it tested again, or anything to be aware of with it?

Edit: Well I tried it anyway, and still seems good in my casual use today running errands. 👌

Last edited:

Patrick3000

Oct 4, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S10
My device is still on FW 1.5, but I can report that the internal beta build of the App SW appears to finally have Start/Stop functionality working perfectly for me (Hyundai Kona Electric with Samsung Galaxy S10).

However, when I upgraded the app to the beta build it initially behaved as if Start/Stop functionality was disabled even though it was still set in the settings. To fix it, I had to disable and then re-enable Start/Stop in the app, which prompted the app to request screen overlay permissions. This then put it into a state where the device was perpetually showing solid white LED and would not connect to the car.

Finally, after de-selecting and re-selecting my car's Bluetooth connection in the Start/Stop menu a few times I got it to work. It has now been working reliably for a couple of days.

So, I thought I would report my experience just in case this helps make the rollout of the new app sw a bit smoother for everyone else.

SOFO888

Jan 28, 2013
Hey guys,

I have an idea for the 2 phones topic.

In my car the car chooses the phone to connect to the Bluetooth system by choosing the corresponding driver. That means if I choose my name, everything in the car gets set up for me and my phone gets connected to the Bluetooth system.
As soon as I choose another driver, the car sets up everything for the other driver, disconnects my phone and connects the other driver's phone through Bluetooth.

My idea is to use the app Tasker. We could make a profile which runs the following task a soon as the phone does not connect to the car system's Bluetooth while getting AAWireless connection through WiFi:
Turn Bluetooth off and turn WiFi off. After 2 minutes, the task turns on Bluetooth and WiFi again. During this period it is possible for the first phone to get connected to AAWireless.

If both phones have this profile, the phone that gets connected to the car's Bluetooth system should connect to AAWireless while the other phone turns off connectivity for 2 minutes.

What do you think about this idea?

I did not receive my AAWireless yet. Perhaps someone could test this for us.

janz25

Sep 28, 2006
I also received another hotfix build pushed to my unit, downloaded and installed, so far so good, no more issue with dead system. I dont use start/stop function since my car usb will auto off after engine off.

My issue all along on v1.5 are random disconection after around 30mts of drive and spotify/music stuttering after around 20-30mts drive.

Hope this build solved those issue. Will report if encounter anything else.

Thanks for the fix @Snirpo

RealNBB

Aug 18, 2014
Hi,

are you going to release 1.7.1 this day? Because i have same problems with 1.7 like the others here. Would be great! :) Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    btw, any updates on AAW 2? Kinda wanna offer one to my sys but at the same time want the new shiny toy for myself xD
    We hopefully have the final version now. Prototypes will soon be sent out to testers for real life testing. With no major issues I expect end of Q2/Q3 for mass production.
    I agree text box or even arrows left and right that you can adjust the numbers
    Agreed, is implemented in latest internal beta version of the app. I'll release it to public beta tomorrow.
    I'd been using 133 on mine, but I'm trying to live with the horizonal bar at 115 now.
    for me, horizontal bar takes up too much space :cry:
    I got many problems with the aawireless adapter in my Seat Leon ST 2019 (Technisat ZR). Often my CarPlay Adapter crashed.
    It's enough if I go to the vehicle menu and press or wait a bit. After a few seconds to 1 minute the Carplay adapter stops.
    I absolutely don't know what else I can do.

Do you have any advice? Should I test any specific settings from aawireless etc?
    This issue was fixed in dev and will be fixed in the next release (3.3.3 or 3.4.0).
    I see that we are at v4.1-1479 now.

Has CarPlay been released? :D
    This is the app version. But yes, CarPlay (BETA) has also been released a while ago in firmware version 3.0. We are now at 3.3.2.
    This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
    I used to get the same thing. I believe it is an issue with AA/Google rather than AAW. In any event, I have had to give up on AAW as I can't connect to it/won't update, just sits there with a constant light-blue light. It is a (very expensive) paper weight on my desk now. It is just "too Beta" for my requirements.

I have now got a Carlink 2022 Android box which works flawlessly for me.
    MG ZS EV 2022
    Galaxy S21 Ultra (not rooted)
    I know I should ignore these posts, but these are the comments why I'm honestly considering completely dropping out any forum / reddit / social media. What's the point? We have support, we have warranty, we have a refund policy. It might be "beta" for you, but we shipped over 100k devices and believe me or not, for most, it just works. It's the same thing for all of these dongles. They will not work perfectly for all, there are just too many variables.
    I just want to leave a big THANK YOU for the developers! You invented a great product and do a great job here.

Anyone who has ordered the product knows that it is a crowdfunding project, which may also have teething problems. I find it cheeky to get upset about problems, even though they are dealt with promptly here. What more should the distributors do than react to the problems here and offer solutions?

I also have problems with the device, but I was helped quickly. Even if it takes a few days.

Dear team: Keep up the good work!
    Very close to release of 2.1.0 now. We fixed the UConnect issue, except for some cases where you still have to re-plug the device, but this is also the case on the MA1.
    We fixed the "VW Headunit crashing on skipping tracks" issue now completely. Confirmed it's a bug on the HU side, latency makes it worse. We will probably push a new firmware by the end of this week.
    I will also submit a bug report to Google, cause they can fix/workaround this issue as well for cabled users.