AAWireless - General discussion and support

Search This thread

festor

Jun 4, 2013
Hi,

i was wrote form the team to downgrade to Firmware 1.5.
I downloaded it but there is no chance to install it.
It look like the device can't connect to my mobile with Wi-Fi. Bluetooth to connect to phone is established.
Then i delete the cache and data from aa-connect. Big Mistake!!
Now i am unable to download 1.5 again.
I mean it is not so good to question to another download to my perk when i can not connect with Wi-Fi to install it!

What can i do to bring back the Firmware 1.5 without connections?

Interrupt the boot sequence 5 times, How long is the time slice?
Pull the power Cable out, with LED static green or with LED 3 times blink?

Best Regards

Roland
Does the PC method still work?

McClendons

Oct 16, 2021
I have 2 AAWireless devices, and I had them both working flawlessly in a Hyundai Palisade for months. I upgraded the vehicle to a Genesis GV80, which some may know is a Hyundai "upgrade" product, and runs a very similar/same head unit as the Palisade. The software is a little different, but appears to have a very similar baseline and structure.

In the Palisade, the AAWireless devices were very stable, with a vary rare disconnect. In the Genesis, the devices seem to connect for maybe 10 seconds, bring up AA, then disconnect. It cycles through that cycle every 10 to 15 seconds. I tried changing available settings like USB etc in the app, with no change. I've tried multiple cables, including the one that worked in the Palisade, with no luck. I should note, if I plug the phone in using the same cables it works flawlessly, so tells me cable is good. I updated both to the newest firmware and that did not change anything. I note that I may have updated to newest firmware BEFORE trying in the Genesis, and mention because I see discussions on the newest version (1.7.1) having bugs)

The phone is a Samsung S20 Ultra, and is the same phone and settings I had with the Palisade. I did try to delete and reinstall the AAWireless devices, then the app itself, and once again no change.

Anyone have any thoughts on what to try? Really surprised me when it did not work in the Genesis given the headunits are both Hyundai and so similar to the Palisades

Last edited:

jose.illes

May 15, 2018
I have received the unit and was very satisfied with its operation, but I was very disappointed when I discovered that my phone has stopped recording calls when connected to the aawirelless, this for me is very important to have this recording function the calls, before putting the aawirelless if it had the function of recording calls having connected by bluetooth to the car radio.
My phone is a xiaomi Mi 10T Pro, with android 11 system, room xiaomi.eu, with native dialer and active call recording.

Please, it is very important for me to be able to record the calls for my work, I need to know if this bug has any solution, thank you very much for the help.

IMG_20211016_200219.jpg

Last edited:

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
It helps a lot: No more interrupts, drop-outs.....

Thanks a lot again!

Is there a reason for the problems with 1.7.1 and the first GEN of AAW? The board?
To be honest, I don't know at this point. We have over 3800 boards now on 1.7.1 and very few tickets of issues with 1.7.1. Anyway, we're stopping updates for the old boards for now to investigate.

Last edited:

hand-filer

I have a 1st gen unit currently running on firmware 1.7.0. I get the disconnect issue at one specific location every time without fail.
I keep a Faraday pouch in the car for my key fob for when I'm at the self serve car wash. Today I decided to place my AA module in it to see what would happen. Long story short, no more dropouts and much easier than lining the housing with foil tape.

Roland Linke

Oct 10, 2021
Does the PC method still work?

Hi festor,

My PC unfortunately does not have Wi-Fi, after borrowing a laptop and struggling with transferring the web link to no avail, I searched for the Wi-Fi AA wireless radio network.
When I print the mail to PDF, the web link no longer works.
The AA-Wireless* network does not show up.
As soon as there is power on the device the green LED goes on permanently and then flashes 3 times each.
A Bluetooth connection is present and I can change the settings.
Neither with or without Force 2.4 Ghz I see the network on the laptop.
The phone is permanently searching for Android Auto.

Best regards

Roland

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1qazwsx4

Sep 19, 2011
New Zealand
Is there going to be a way for us to choose when to downgrade/upgrade etc coming? Cause it really does seem like some cars just run better on "insert X version here" would be great being able to experiment.

Reactions: Tommy Hilfaker

hildemente

Sep 20, 2018
hi, i received the device yesterday and had a big problem. after connecting to the usb the green led flashes but no bluetooth connection is possible and therefore no wifi either. no change in a connection even after several resets. bluetooth has been tested with various devices, none of which has been successful.
maybe someone has a solution to this problem.
Thanks in advance

Smith John

Oct 18, 2011
+1 connection problem. AAWireless never connects to Wifi. There is no AAWireless-XXXXXX wifi network visible. Bluetooth connection works fine, settings can be adjusted. LED is flashing green after booting (constant green).

After plugging AAWireless in for the first time, first thing I did was to update. Worked fine from 1.3.0? to 1.7.1
But afterwords, I did never get a blue light. Never saw a AAWireless Wifi network. Resetting, un-pairing-pairing, deleting cache and data etc. does not solve the problem. Downgrading to 1.5.0 is not possible, because the App won't connect to the device.

Reactions: cichy222

cichy222

Oct 16, 2021
+1 problem z połączeniem. AAWireless nigdy nie łączy się z Wifi. Nie ma widocznej sieci Wi-Fi AAWireless-XXXXXX. Połączenie Bluetooth działa dobrze, ustawienia można regulować. Po uruchomieniu dioda LED miga na zielono (ciągle zielony).

Po podłączeniu AAWreless po raz pierwszy, pierwszą rzeczą, którą zrobiłem, była aktualizacja. Działało dobrze od 1.3.0? do 1.7.1
Ale posłowie nigdy nie dostałem niebieskiego światła. Nigdy nie widziałem sieci Wifi AAWreless. Resetowanie, anulowanie parowania, usuwanie pamięci podręcznej i danych itp. nie rozwiązuje problemu. Przejście na wersję 1.5.0 nie jest możliwe, ponieważ aplikacja nie łączy się z urządzeniem.

May 15, 2021
To be honest, I don't know at this point. We have over 3800 boards now on 1.7.1 and very few tickets of issues with 1.7.1. Anyway, we're stopping updates for the old boards for now to investigate.
I think the problem ist not only at a "few" boards of the first batch. Do you see how many customers of this GEN updated to 1.7.0/1.7.1? How much percent of them use this? I think there could be many more with this problem but the most of them have not used this FW, or dont update to any new version or are not interested for searching for the issue and dont report them to you. Not all of this users trying to keep in contact in this board to you or your App.

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
I think the problem ist not only at a "few" boards of the first batch. Do you see how many customers of this GEN updated to 1.7.0/1.7.1? How much percent of them use this? I think there could be many more with this problem but the most of them have not used this FW, or dont update to any new version or are not interested for searching for the issue and dont report them to you. Not all of this users trying to keep in contact in this board to you or your App.
Yes, we can see exactly how much boards of each model are updated to a certain version.
If people are having issues after an update we should see that back in the tickets in our support system / XDA / Reddit, we monitor all these sources.
If that's not the case, it means we can never push any update anymore. We do test updates internally, but there will always be cases where a certain update breaks for some and not for others.

Reactions: osm0sis and festor

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
Hi festor,

My PC unfortunately does not have Wi-Fi, after borrowing a laptop and struggling with transferring the web link to no avail, I searched for the Wi-Fi AA wireless radio network.
When I print the mail to PDF, the web link no longer works.
The AA-Wireless* network does not show up.
As soon as there is power on the device the green LED goes on permanently and then flashes 3 times each.
A Bluetooth connection is present and I can change the settings.
Neither with or without Force 2.4 Ghz I see the network on the laptop.
The phone is permanently searching for Android Auto.

Best regards

Roland

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Please contact support at support@cpeb.it and ask for a replacement.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I should have come to this thread to begin with, but I, too, am having this issue as well. Also in a Polestar 2.

I submitted a support ticket on January 17 this year, and after providing plenty of information and submitting bug reports, it seems I have been forgotten about. I was even told that "no other Polestar owners have reported this" - rubbish, it seems!

I recently got the 4.0 Beta notification and today updated that in the hope that something had been done, but nada!
    I note there are several compatibility options for other manufacturers that exist, including a new one in 4.0 that I haven't noticed before that addresses a Mercedes Benz issue, so surely two people with the exact some car is enough to acknowledge there is an issue for Volvo/Polestar AAOS compatibility?

I'm grateful I didn't buy my AAWireless to use in my Polestar, because I'd be bloody annoyed at having paid the money I did for it and having a shiny, new paperweight as a result.
    AA over CP is NOT a core feature. In fact even CarPlay is NOT a core feature (yet). Its beta... We dont advertise it anywhere. Its a nice extra, but that's it. Sorry but these "paperweight" comments annoy the heck out of me. Some people expect their issues to be fixed right away. That's just not how it works.
    That sounds good.

While I have your attention, where do I find documentation for the app's multitude of device settings?

Also what color should the device's light be when it is connected and properly working? My device is blue and everything seems OK.
    Blue means working correctly, so you're ok.
    Hey Snirpo,

Thank you very much for the quick response.
    I don't like to have Google Maps as start app.

I tried everything to have another app as start app, but did not find a way to change it.

My last hope is to emulate touch inputs on the head unit.

Can you please give me some support how to emulate touch inputs?

Thank you very much.
    It's not possible right now, we have to implement it. But it's quite some work and it will be pretty wonky with all the screen sizes and stuff.
    Hi all, I have a 2020 Corolla Sedan (USA). This car only supports CarPlay, not Android Android Auto.

We purchased the latest version of AAWireless and enrolled in the beta program to enable AA over CP and it actually loads in the car and looks and works like native AA, which is amazing.

We have 2 problems though which is why I am posting.

1. It takes 1 to 4 "reboots" of the dongle to finally load AA (the light goes through the flashing green and flashing blue before resetting and trying again on its own).

2. Once loaded phone calls through AA are in fast forward and sound like a chipmunk. Occasionally GPS also lags, I'm not using the infinite touch setting.

I've spent hours tweaking the various settings and modes but haven't found a combo that fixes these issues.

Appreciate any guidance!
    AA over CP is still very much beta quality. We'll add these issues to our backlog, but right now AA over CP has low prio.
    Core feature or not, everyone knows it's capable of it.
    Nobody is asking for it to be fixed right away, simply acknowledged. @leroy_sunset had no replies to the post back in October and had a support experience that mirrored mine. I was even told "no other Polestar owner has reported this", which was quite clearly not true.

I'm a developer Monday to Friday too, and if I brushed off paying customers with niche requirements, I'd not have a job.
    Hell, right now I and about a dozen other developers are working on a feature to be used by 1 customer.

All I'm asking is that this issue, which clearly does exist, is treated correctly.
    It is treated correctly. It's on our backlog and does not have priority right now unfortunately. I do agree our support may have given false info though... So in that sense you have been brushed off. I'm sorry for that.
    I never criticized the developers, once. I never communicated that my expectations were not met. I bought a product, tried it, found it didn't work for my very niche use case. It's beta, I get it. I'm not mad - a tad disappointed, but I am loading the beta updates literally every time they come through hoping it will work. I didn't return the product because I want it to work, I want to support the company, I want to help the developers get this working on my car!

I will say - wireless CarPlay with an iPhone works perfectly on the Polestar! It's a cool product. I am just hoping that AA over CarPlay will come through some day. In no way do I want to discourage the devs - please, please keep trying to get AA over CarPlay to work on my Polestar! I'd pay 2x for it :D

You guys don't even remotely put out a paperweight. You got me in the beta super quick, you're updating all the time. I definitely have a good impression of Snirpo and I know you'll sell plenty more of these once AA starts working on Polestars. The Polestar forums are dying to get something that works!
    Well that did not work, because the phone, a Pixel 7A, turned both Bluetooth and Wifi back on :eek: Tried it numerous times in the car with same results, away from the car both settings remained off as expected. I also want to keep Bluetooth on for hands free phone calls.
    We can add a feature to disable AAW temporarily. Will probably add it as an "app shortcut" so you can place it on your homescreen.
    This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
    I used to get the same thing. I believe it is an issue with AA/Google rather than AAW. In any event, I have had to give up on AAW as I can't connect to it/won't update, just sits there with a constant light-blue light. It is a (very expensive) paper weight on my desk now. It is just "too Beta" for my requirements.

I have now got a Carlink 2022 Android box which works flawlessly for me.
    MG ZS EV 2022
    Galaxy S21 Ultra (not rooted)
    I know I should ignore these posts, but these are the comments why I'm honestly considering completely dropping out any forum / reddit / social media. What's the point? We have support, we have warranty, we have a refund policy. It might be "beta" for you, but we shipped over 100k devices and believe me or not, for most, it just works. It's the same thing for all of these dongles. They will not work perfectly for all, there are just too many variables.
    I just want to leave a big THANK YOU for the developers! You invented a great product and do a great job here.

Anyone who has ordered the product knows that it is a crowdfunding project, which may also have teething problems. I find it cheeky to get upset about problems, even though they are dealt with promptly here. What more should the distributors do than react to the problems here and offer solutions?

I also have problems with the device, but I was helped quickly. Even if it takes a few days.

Dear team: Keep up the good work!
    Very close to release of 2.1.0 now. We fixed the UConnect issue, except for some cases where you still have to re-plug the device, but this is also the case on the MA1.
    We fixed the "VW Headunit crashing on skipping tracks" issue now completely. Confirmed it's a bug on the HU side, latency makes it worse. We will probably push a new firmware by the end of this week.
    I will also submit a bug report to Google, cause they can fix/workaround this issue as well for cabled users.