AAWireless - General discussion and support

Search This thread
May 15, 2021
Yes, we can see exactly how much boards of each model are updated to a certain version.
If people are having issues after an update we should see that back in the tickets in our support system / XDA / Reddit, we monitor all these sources.
If that's not the case, it means we can never push any update anymore. We do test updates internally, but there will always be cases where a certain update breaks for some and not for others.
Can you tell us exactly how many percent of the GEN 1 customers using 1.7.0/1.7.1?

Problems doesn't mean automatically you get tickets with this issues. Most of the peoples are "tired" of reporting them :)

festor

Jun 4, 2013
I have a 1st gen unit currently running on firmware 1.7.0. I get the disconnect issue at one specific location every time without fail.
I keep a Faraday pouch in the car for my key fob for when I'm at the self serve car wash. Today I decided to place my AA module in it to see what would happen. Long story short, no more dropouts and much easier than lining the housing with foil tape.
Are you getting the disconnection (before the pouch) even when forcing 2.4GHz networking?

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
Can you tell us exactly how many percent of the GEN 1 customers using 1.7.0/1.7.1?

Problems doesn't mean automatically you get tickets with this issues. Most of the peoples are "tired" of reporting them :)
New issues would be getting reported.. that's human nature to get upset/annoyed/frustrated when something breaks.. 🤨😉

1.7.1 is still rock solid here and using Start/Stop full time without issue. Best firmware release to date! I think they just need to iron out the 1.10.x app issues in the internal beta and push a new stable app release and we're good.

1.7.0 was of course the worst since it broke many devices booting up most of the time, and you better believe I reported on that promptly, then tested the sh*t out of it, and so it got fixed in 1.7.1. 👍

Last edited:

Jamess007

Mar 6, 2005
Is there any chance to fix the interruptions Music streaming in Peugeot cars? For now it's absolutely useless and I have to use the cable 😔 Thank you so much...

To be honest, I don't know at this point. We have over 3800 boards now on 1.7.1 and very few tickets of issues with 1.7.1. Anyway, we're stopping updates for the old boards for now to investigate.

If you need help, let me know what I can do. As long as you can push 1.50 back to my device when I need it, I can firmware test and diagnose whatever you need.

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
If you need help, let me know what I can do. As long as you can push 1.50 back to my device when I need it, I can firmware test and diagnose whatever you need.
Not sure what to try though. I drove today with an e2w3 (batch 3, same as yours) for 2 hours with zero issues on 1.7.1. So it's a bit of a mystery.

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
New issues would be getting reported.. that's human nature to get upset/annoyed/frustrated when something breaks.. 🤨😉

1.7.1 is still rock solid here and using Start/Stop full time without issue. Best firmware release to date! I think they just need to iron out the 1.10.x app issues in the internal beta and push a new stable app release and we're good.

1.7.0 was of course the worst since it broke many devices booting up most of the time, and you better believe I reported on that promptly, then tested the sh*t out of it, and so it got fixed in 1.7.1. 👍
Yes, that's also what I think. If you have problems from the get go, it's different, because yes, then people might give up at a certain point. But when you have a working device and it suddenly stops working (seemingly) because of an update, people will report it. Especially with the number of devices in use now. To give a number, out of about 10k batch 3 (e2w3) devices, 2k are on 1.7.1, so about 20 percent. Maybe not everyone will report issues, but even if if only 5 percent reports it, it will immediately be visible in ticket count (or messages on XDA/Reddit). With 1.7.0 there was an (intermittent) general issue, and it was reported pretty quickly indeed :)

Reactions: osm0sis

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
Is there any chance to fix the interruptions Music streaming in Peugeot cars? For now it's absolutely useless and I have to use the cable 😔 Thank you so much...
I guess you have a Wave2 HU? These issues we are investigating at the moment. Can you give me your device ID, so I can double check?

Not sure what to try though. I drove today with an e2w3 (batch 3, same as yours) for 2 hours with zero issues on 1.7.1. So it's a bit of a mystery.

Yesterday it was fine for the first trip I made after updating (about 12 miles), but on the return trip it started haing issues. AA stared turning itself off and reconnecting. I did notice that the audio was streaming via bluetooth for a bit before AA finally crashed. Audio quality is noticeably lower on bluetooth, so I tried to shut off the BT radio to force a reconnect and then the map display on the HU reverted to white/day mode, the initial AA setup tried to run, and then became unresponsive on the HU. Form that point on I couldn't get the AAW to connect at all (forced a reset on the AAW, and all the usual software/harware/BT re-pairing routines).

Galaxy S21U in a 2018 Subaru Outback (basic model, US market)

Reactions: Tommy Hilfaker

Smith John

Oct 18, 2011
For non connecting 1.7.1 users it would be good to have a tool for pc to downgrade via cable. Would this be possible?

mains75

Mar 1, 2014
I have received the unit and was very satisfied with its operation, but I was very disappointed when I discovered that my phone has stopped recording calls when connected to the aawirelless, this for me is very important to have this recording function the calls, before putting the aawirelless if it had the function of recording calls having connected by bluetooth to the car radio.
My phone is a xiaomi Mi 10T Pro, with android 11 system, room xiaomi.eu, with native dialer and active call recording.

Please, it is very important for me to be able to record the calls for my work, I need to know if this bug has any solution, thank you very much for the help.

View attachment 5434719
Hello. This is MY big problem, too.
But The issue is from Android auto, not from AA Wireless. Even when I used the cable the issue was present.
This is because AA uses his own dialer that bypasses stock dialer... So internal call recording (made from stock dialer) does not work anymore...
Only once, and only for few days, Samsung stock dialer worked fine with AA with call recordings on... no idea why,
And no idea why this is not working anymore after I had to delete cache and data from Google app and Google play services...
I think this is the usual Google's stuff...:(
I started a Google help thread here: https://support.google.com/androidauto/thread/131269882/call-recording-bug?hl=en

Last edited:
Reactions: jose.illes

jose.illes

May 15, 2018
Hello. This is MY big problem, too.
But The issue is from Android auto, not from AA Wireless. Even when I used the cable the issue was present.
This is because AA uses his own dialer that bypasses stock dialer... So internal call recording (made from stock dialer) does not work anymore...
Only once, and only for few days, Samsung stock dialer worked fine with AA with call recordings on... no idea why,
And no idea why this is not working anymore after I had to delete cache and data from Google app and Google play services...
I think this is the usual Google's stuff...:(
Thanks for commenting on your experience, I really imagined something like that, I hope a solution is finally discovered, I have stopped using aawirelles for this and it makes me very angry.

Reactions: mains75

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
For non connecting 1.7.1 users it would be good to have a tool for pc to downgrade via cable. Would this be possible?
Yes, sort of. But it's too technical at this point. It means fully re-flashing the device. We don't want another "DRAM fix" adventure again, that was an horrible experience. We first need to understand this issue and check the numbers, if it's worth the hassle of explaining how to re-flash the device. But for sure in the future we will provide some easier USB update mechanism. It's possible with the update tooling we're using.

Reactions: festor

Jamess007

Mar 6, 2005
I guess you have a Wave2 HU? These issues we are investigating at the moment. Can you give me your device ID, so I can double check?
Thank you for your reply. I have Wave3 unit - Peugeot 508 year 2020. I looking for ID everywhere but can't see it. I see only Device name - AAWireless-DOKICARv. Contribution ID is 27594. Thank you so much.

hildemente

Sep 20, 2018
hi, i received the device yesterday and had a big problem. after connecting to the usb the green led flashes but no bluetooth connection is possible and therefore no wifi either. no change in a connection even after several resets. bluetooth has been tested with various devices, none of which has been successful.
maybe someone has a solution to this problem.
Thanks in advance
good morning, does nobody have a tip for me?

Klaus

Top Liked Posts

Well that did not work, because the phone, a Pixel 7A, turned both Bluetooth and Wifi back on :eek: Tried it numerous times in the car with same results, away from the car both settings remained off as expected. I also want to keep Bluetooth on for hands free phone calls.
    We can add a feature to disable AAW temporarily. Will probably add it as an "app shortcut" so you can place it on your homescreen.
    btw, any updates on AAW 2? Kinda wanna offer one to my sys but at the same time want the new shiny toy for myself xD
    We hopefully have the final version now. Prototypes will soon be sent out to testers for real life testing. With no major issues I expect end of Q2/Q3 for mass production.
    I see that we are at v4.1-1479 now.

Has CarPlay been released? :D
    This is the app version. But yes, CarPlay (BETA) has also been released a while ago in firmware version 3.0. We are now at 3.3.2.
    I got many problems with the aawireless adapter in my Seat Leon ST 2019 (Technisat ZR). Often my CarPlay Adapter crashed.
    It's enough if I go to the vehicle menu and press or wait a bit. After a few seconds to 1 minute the Carplay adapter stops.
    I absolutely don't know what else I can do.

Do you have any advice? Should I test any specific settings from aawireless etc?
    This issue was fixed in dev and will be fixed in the next release (3.3.3 or 3.4.0).
    I've been using DPI 135 for months for my 8.4-inch screen on a GM MyLink2 system. Since the last Android Auto update, the icon bar has returned to horizontal and only goes vertical if I set the DPI to 103, but then everything becomes too small. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
    Yeah is a change in AA, nothing we can do about it, same happens on TeslAA.
    I'd been using 133 on mine, but I'm trying to live with the horizonal bar at 115 now.
    for me, horizontal bar takes up too much space :cry:
    This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
    I used to get the same thing. I believe it is an issue with AA/Google rather than AAW. In any event, I have had to give up on AAW as I can't connect to it/won't update, just sits there with a constant light-blue light. It is a (very expensive) paper weight on my desk now. It is just "too Beta" for my requirements.

I have now got a Carlink 2022 Android box which works flawlessly for me.
    MG ZS EV 2022
    Galaxy S21 Ultra (not rooted)
    I know I should ignore these posts, but these are the comments why I'm honestly considering completely dropping out any forum / reddit / social media. What's the point? We have support, we have warranty, we have a refund policy. It might be "beta" for you, but we shipped over 100k devices and believe me or not, for most, it just works. It's the same thing for all of these dongles. They will not work perfectly for all, there are just too many variables.
    I just want to leave a big THANK YOU for the developers! You invented a great product and do a great job here.

Anyone who has ordered the product knows that it is a crowdfunding project, which may also have teething problems. I find it cheeky to get upset about problems, even though they are dealt with promptly here. What more should the distributors do than react to the problems here and offer solutions?

I also have problems with the device, but I was helped quickly. Even if it takes a few days.

Dear team: Keep up the good work!
    Very close to release of 2.1.0 now. We fixed the UConnect issue, except for some cases where you still have to re-plug the device, but this is also the case on the MA1.
    We fixed the "VW Headunit crashing on skipping tracks" issue now completely. Confirmed it's a bug on the HU side, latency makes it worse. We will probably push a new firmware by the end of this week.
    I will also submit a bug report to Google, cause they can fix/workaround this issue as well for cabled users.