AAWireless - General discussion and support

Search This thread

snako79

Nov 13, 2009
I don't like chargers, I don't like ugreen, I usually use baseus, but in cables, I always have ugreen, qgeem that is the same brand, and baseus, they are always all of good quality

I bought that one because I needed a short cable to be able to hide it well, and I bought that 25cm, although if I had found that model in 15-18cm I would have been better

icemam64

Dec 2, 2021
I'm new in this forum and didn't find a solution for my following issue yet. I have the issue, that my android phone connects to the AAwireless adapter when I'm in my home office (close to garage). So I can't answer incoming calls for example, as the phone is connected to the car. The USB port of the electric car is powered on whenever I'm charging the car. There is a "Start/Stop" option in the AAwireless app, but I don't see any effect if I enable this function. Is this a known issue? Any idea to solve or improve this situation?

My setting is:
Phone: Oneplus 8 pro
Android: 11
AAWireless V. 1.7.1
Car: Hyundai Ioniq 5

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
I'm new in this forum and didn't find a solution for my following issue yet. I have the issue, that my android phone connects to the AAwireless adapter when I'm in my home office (close to garage). So I can't answer incoming calls for example, as the phone is connected to the car. The USB port of the electric car is powered on whenever I'm charging the car. There is a "Start/Stop" option in the AAwireless app, but I don't see any effect if I enable this function. Is this a known issue? Any idea to solve or improve this situation?

My setting is:
Phone: Oneplus 8 pro
Android: 11
AAWireless V. 1.7.1
Car: Hyundai Ioniq 5
Use the alpha AAW app then Start/Stop will behave correctly: https://xdaforums.com/t/aawireless-general-discussion-and-support.4247677/page-79#post-85600513

It's currently version 1.10.0-202108311238-develop-337e11e

icemam64

Dec 2, 2021
Thanks for the quick answer. I have checked the link but I don't understand. What is the alpha AAW app? Is this another version of the AAwireles App? How do I get this?

This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
I used it from last two months and in my opinion it is a very useful invention!

martin.armstrong

Feb 22, 2019
Use the alpha AAW app then Start/Stop will behave correctly: https://xdaforums.com/t/aawireless-general-discussion-and-support.4247677/page-79#post-85600513

It's currently version 1.10.0-202108311238-develop-337e11e
I tried this version of the app yesterday and on a previous occasion but it can't seem to be able to communicate with the device to display/alter the settings or display the update status or perform an update. This is with firmware 1.5 and 1.7.1.

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
I tried this version of the app yesterday and on a previous occasion but it can't seem to be able to communicate with the device to display/alter the settings or display the update status or perform an update. This is with firmware 1.5 and 1.7.1.
Working great with 1.7.1 here on my OnePlus 8T and Hyundai Elantra 2018. 🤷‍♂️

I recall tapping the update notification to enter the app was pretty broken in alpha, but the fixed Start/Stop implementation more than makes up for it.

martin.armstrong

Feb 22, 2019
Working great with 1.7.1 here on my OnePlus 8T and Hyundai Elantra 2018. 🤷‍♂️

I recall tapping the update notification to enter the app was pretty broken in alpha, but the fixed Start/Stop implementation more than makes up for it.
After going back to the phone which was the first one I used with AAWireless and also installing the test version of the app there, I was able on that phone to change settings to activate start stop and display the update state. After doing this the start/stop on the AAWireless device appears to be working with both phones as a white light is displayed in both cases when testing it at home with a power supply. I had activated start/stop on the other phone using the standard app before switching back to the test app. I have yet to try it in the car but I will do that tomorrow.

Reactions: osm0sis

1qazwsx4

Sep 19, 2011
New Zealand
Is there a way to find out what the aawireless devices WiFi password is? More often that not, even when connecting via Bluetooth to aawireless, it then fails to connect to aawireless WiFi. You can have the device setup and functioning then the next drive it refuses to connect. Often the only way I'm able to get it connected is to connect via USB first then disconnect and then magically aawireless decides it wants to connect.

IMO if we could get our individual AAW WiFi password, setting up an automation in a certain sequence could fix alot of connection issues but atleast users could experiment instead of waiting for an official fix that very well may never happen for some devices/headunits.

So once more; Is there a way to find out what the aawireless devices WiFi password is?

Reactions: Michael in ATL

orangeyes

Jul 2, 2012
Many people have this problem too, I've personally had this bug since I changed my HU last year even with wired AA (phone is galaxy s10+), now the same with AAwireless, so I think this bug isn't because of AAwireless but AA and/or HU/phone. I already tried many things but still can't fix it because it's intermitten

I am also experiencing similar issues using Poco F3.
When I receive a call or make a call it restarts android auto conenction and switched the conversation on my smartwatch.

If i disable the call option on the smartwatch then when I receive a call/or make a call then AAwirelless will disconect and reconnect and the call will resume on the car's headunit. In the meantime I will have 5-6 secs of dead time while the other party already starts speaking.

I was not experiencing this a couple of months ago when I started using AAwirelss and the only thing that changed since then was the AA app I guess :/

Reactions: phoinix_gr

phoinix_gr

Mar 27, 2011
I am also experiencing similar issues using Poco F3.
When I receive a call or make a call it restarts android auto conenction and switched the conversation on my smartwatch.

If i disable the call option on the smartwatch then when I receive a call/or make a call then AAwirelless will disconect and reconnect and the call will resume on the car's headunit. In the meantime I will have 5-6 secs of dead time while the other party already starts speaking.

I was not experiencing this a couple of months ago when I started using AAwirelss and the only thing that changed since then was the AA app I guess :/
Hello,

I have exactly the same issue with Xiaomi Poco F3 (MIUI 12.5.6) and Seat Leon 5F 2019 Model.
When receiving or making a call android auto immediately disconnects.

With USB cable it works as expected.

I have contacted aaWireless support, but haven't received any useful response on this.
At this state, AA wireless is unusable for me.

Exactly the same issue here :-(

tarickd

Dec 6, 2021
Why AAWireless can't use existing Wifi access point instead of own one? I think this is not difficult to do. Very need this function.

Last edited:

yeonee

Jul 7, 2019
Hello?
The vehicle is an Audi A4 2018.
After updating Galaxy Z Flip3 to Android 12, sometimes the connection doesn't work properly.
The screen will blink or an exclamation point inside a triangle will appear.
How do I solve it?
Thank you in advance.
(Sorry in advance if the sentence is weird. Because it is a non-English speaking area, we use a translator. Your sentences can be weird.)

hocuspocus69

Nov 26, 2014
Is there a way to find out what the aawireless devices WiFi password is? More often that not, even when connecting via Bluetooth to aawireless, it then fails to connect to aawireless WiFi. You can have the device setup and functioning then the next drive it refuses to connect. Often the only way I'm able to get it connected is to connect via USB first then disconnect and then magically aawireless decides it wants to connect.

IMO if we could get our individual AAW WiFi password, setting up an automation in a certain sequence could fix alot of connection issues but atleast users could experiment instead of waiting for an official fix that very well may never happen for some devices/headunits.

So once more; Is there a way to find out what the aawireless devices WiFi password is?
after connected simply share the connection on miui you have a QRcode that you can read with some app...
or if you're rooted search wifipassword show on playstore

SOFO888

Jan 28, 2013
I'm using the AAWireless now since end of October and after some issue with the installation of one of both AAWireless I have really no problems. I only had no connection 2 times in this time. That's all. All in all just perfect.

1qazwsx4

Sep 19, 2011
New Zealand
after connected simply share the connection on miui you have a QRcode that you can read with some app...
or if you're rooted search wifipassword show on playstore
I had tried that but it doesn't work, it's like it's not being treated as a WiFi connection. It requires a "new handshake" every time you connect via Bluetooth to AAW. If you're away from your car, go into your WiFi settings and it won't be in your list of remembered WiFi networks - well it's not for me anyways.

My AAW is functioning perfectly after the last android auto update but I'm unable to patch and used 3rd party apps like obd2aa which sadly is my main reason for using it. Hopefully this will get intergratted somehow someday (custom apps)

hocuspocus69

Nov 26, 2014
I had tried that but it doesn't work, it's like it's not being treated as a WiFi connection. It requires a "new handshake" every time you connect via Bluetooth to AAW. If you're away from your car, go into your WiFi settings and it won't be in your list of remembered WiFi networks - well it's not for me anyways.

My AAW is functioning perfectly after the last android auto update but I'm unable to patch and used 3rd party apps like obd2aa which sadly is my main reason for using it. Hopefully this will get intergratted somehow someday (custom apps)
Probably you're right for remembered wifi but i know my password wifi using share qrcode than screenshoot and read through qrcode reader...you need to be in your car and connected!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That sounds good.

While I have your attention, where do I find documentation for the app's multitude of device settings?

Also what color should the device's light be when it is connected and properly working? My device is blue and everything seems OK.
    Blue means working correctly, so you're ok.
    Hey Snirpo,

Thank you very much for the quick response.
    I don't like to have Google Maps as start app.

I tried everything to have another app as start app, but did not find a way to change it.

My last hope is to emulate touch inputs on the head unit.

Can you please give me some support how to emulate touch inputs?

Thank you very much.
    It's not possible right now, we have to implement it. But it's quite some work and it will be pretty wonky with all the screen sizes and stuff.
    Hi all, I have a 2020 Corolla Sedan (USA). This car only supports CarPlay, not Android Android Auto.

We purchased the latest version of AAWireless and enrolled in the beta program to enable AA over CP and it actually loads in the car and looks and works like native AA, which is amazing.

We have 2 problems though which is why I am posting.

1. It takes 1 to 4 "reboots" of the dongle to finally load AA (the light goes through the flashing green and flashing blue before resetting and trying again on its own).

2. Once loaded phone calls through AA are in fast forward and sound like a chipmunk. Occasionally GPS also lags, I'm not using the infinite touch setting.

I've spent hours tweaking the various settings and modes but haven't found a combo that fixes these issues.

Appreciate any guidance!
    AA over CP is still very much beta quality. We'll add these issues to our backlog, but right now AA over CP has low prio.
    Hello together,
    i received my AAWireless on yesterdays but couldn't get it to work.
    In bluetooth & WiFi mine shows up as AAWireless-593f3477.

I tried several settings & combinations in the app.
    Like USB-Mode, Passthrough, Dongle-mode etc. had nearly anything on/off once.
    I deletet data/cache for AndroidAuto and for the AAWireless app and tried factory resetting my AAWireless.

On my Phone i'm having 2 notifications regarding AndroidAuto:
    1. Connected with your car
    2. Looking for Android Auto (with progress-bar)

My car's HU is a VW Disocver Media, running FW MST2_EU_VW_E0220D, which is the stock one it shipped with as far as i know of.

@Emil Borconi @Snirpo i'd be very thankful for some advice. For a 10-Minute commute having AA working wirelessly would be way more reasonable than plugging/unplugging on these short trips.
    Hi there,

Could you please email us at support@aawireless.io? We can continue troubleshooting there, if that is fine with you as well! Thank you for your cooperation.
    I just did so, hopefully we can sort out the issues.
    A famous customer:

Free ad (y)
    Hey Snirpo,

Thank you very much for the quick response.
    I don't like to have Google Maps as start app.

I tried everything to have another app as start app, but did not find a way to change it.

My last hope is to emulate touch inputs on the head unit.

Can you please give me some support how to emulate touch inputs?

Thank you very much.
    This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
    I used to get the same thing. I believe it is an issue with AA/Google rather than AAW. In any event, I have had to give up on AAW as I can't connect to it/won't update, just sits there with a constant light-blue light. It is a (very expensive) paper weight on my desk now. It is just "too Beta" for my requirements.

I have now got a Carlink 2022 Android box which works flawlessly for me.
    MG ZS EV 2022
    Galaxy S21 Ultra (not rooted)
    I know I should ignore these posts, but these are the comments why I'm honestly considering completely dropping out any forum / reddit / social media. What's the point? We have support, we have warranty, we have a refund policy. It might be "beta" for you, but we shipped over 100k devices and believe me or not, for most, it just works. It's the same thing for all of these dongles. They will not work perfectly for all, there are just too many variables.
    I just want to leave a big THANK YOU for the developers! You invented a great product and do a great job here.

Anyone who has ordered the product knows that it is a crowdfunding project, which may also have teething problems. I find it cheeky to get upset about problems, even though they are dealt with promptly here. What more should the distributors do than react to the problems here and offer solutions?

I also have problems with the device, but I was helped quickly. Even if it takes a few days.

Dear team: Keep up the good work!
    Very close to release of 2.1.0 now. We fixed the UConnect issue, except for some cases where you still have to re-plug the device, but this is also the case on the MA1.
    We fixed the "VW Headunit crashing on skipping tracks" issue now completely. Confirmed it's a bug on the HU side, latency makes it worse. We will probably push a new firmware by the end of this week.
    I will also submit a bug report to Google, cause they can fix/workaround this issue as well for cabled users.