AAWireless - General discussion and support

Search This thread

festor

Jun 4, 2013
Are there any MIUI users who switched to another ROM to fix the random disconnections? Did it work and what did you switch to?

I mostly use the phone (POCO F3) for communication and nav so my priority would be a secure and stable alternative that gets regular updates/support.

Reactions: welshblob

mobileman88

Oct 27, 2008
Are there any MIUI users who switched to another ROM to fix the random disconnections? Did it work and what did you switch to?

I mostly use the phone (POCO F3) for communication and nav so my priority would be a secure and stable alternative that gets regular updates/support.
I am using xiaomi eu for my mi 10 ultra. I am not getting random disconnections but getting the freezing issue. Hopefully this new firmware makes it better

festor

Jun 4, 2013
I am using xiaomi eu for my mi 10 ultra. I am not getting random disconnections but getting the freezing issue. Hopefully this new firmware makes it better
2.1.0 (aka 2.0.1) fixed the freezing for me. They are currently rolling out 2.0.1 in phases. From what I understand, 2.0.0 introduced freezing where a disconnection would have happened previously for MIUI 12.5 and above.

Are you saying you didn't get disconnections with 1.8 and the current (non beta) Xiaomi EU ROM?

Reactions: osm0sis

valeri_s_k

Aug 24, 2020
Bourgas
2.1.0 (aka 2.0.1) fixed the freezing for me. They are currently rolling out 2.0.1 in phases. From what I understand, 2.0.0 introduced freezing where a disconnection would have happened previously for MIUI 12.5 and above.

Are you saying you didn't get disconnections with 1.8 and the current (non beta) Xiaomi EU ROM?
Actually I think that freezing in 2.0.0 @mobileman88 mentined is due to random disconnections from MIUI. With 2.0.1 freezing is fixed, but I am afraid disconnections will remain...
AAW firmware/app version have nothing to do with that issue.

For now I am stuck with MIUI beta rom release from Oct 21 (with no disconnections), considering all disadvantages of using an outdated rom. I am already tired of flashing new vesrion, test it and downgrade...

Will also appreciate any info for newer rom release without the issue - does not matter MIUI, AOSP etc.

Reactions: pacogeno

Gee11

May 10, 2022
I have not seen one post of yours that gives any information about what settings you have tried or anything you have done to try to solve the problem.
I tried EVERYTING.
- with /without Dongle
- with /without Passtrough
- VAG Crash fix (since update grayed out)
- Start /stop
- every usb mode
- played with timeouts
- several combinations of the above settings
- different android auto versions

no matter what i do, AAW will restart every few minutes (looses BT connection to phone, WiFi stays connected)
Unusable atm

when i connect my phone via USB with Audi A6 4G HU i never have interruptions.

Distance between my phone and AAW is 5cm, its no signal strength problem

My phone is Android 12 Galaxy S20 plus

i want to try new firmware 2.1.0 and older one 1.8

festor

Jun 4, 2013
Actually I think that freezing in 2.0.0 @mobileman88 mentined is due to random disconnections from MIUI. With 2.0.1 freezing is fixed, but I am afraid disconnections will remain...

For now I am stuck with MIUI beta rom release from Oct 21 (with no disconnections), considering all disadvantages of using an outdated rom. I am already tired of flashing new vesrion, test it and downgrade...

Will also appreciate any info for newer rom release without the issue - does not matter MIUI, AOSP etc.
I might have misunderstood the "Actually" part of your post, but that's exactly what I was saying. What was previously a disconnection was turned into a freeze. It's why I asked @mobileman88 about disconnections before 2.0.0 firmware.

As for the beta, it would be interesting to know why it works. Maybe they used an old network stack for some reason?

valeri_s_k

Aug 24, 2020
Bourgas
I might have misunderstood the "Actually" part of your post, but that's exactly what I was saying. What was previously a disconnection was turned into a freeze. It's why I asked @mobileman88 about disconnections before 2.0.0 firmware.

As for the beta, it would be interesting to know why it works. Maybe they used an old network stack for some reason?
Yea, just wanted to reconfirm what you said. IMO some users mix disconnections caused by AAW wifi interferences at some loactions (this seems fixed with 2.0.1) and disconnections caused by MIUI

serakar999

May 14, 2018
Hi to all,

I have received my AAWireless a couple of weeks ago and have been using it with Poco F2 Pro (MIUI 13) and Jeep Renegade MY20 (Europe). I have two main issues:

1. The system freezes at random intervals. It can be after 10 min, it can be after 90 min of operation. Unplugging the device and plugging it back solves the issue.
2. Every time the phone rings and I answer it through android auto, or if I initiate a call through the car android auto screen, the android auto interface disappears from the car screen and the bluetooth connected phone screen appears on the car screen. After 3-5 seconds the android auto interface appears again on the car screen and the call is shown using android auto display. Same thing when I hang up, android auto disappear from the car screen like it is disconnected for 3-5 secs and then reappears and works normally. This of course does not happen when I have the phone connected directly to the car.

I hope the second problem is clear, if not I can post a video.

Firmware version is 2.0.0

Thank you

festor

Jun 4, 2013
Hi to all,

I have received my AAWireless a couple of weeks ago and have been using it with Poco F2 Pro (MIUI 13) and Jeep Renegade MY20 (Europe). I have two main issues:

1. The system freezes at random intervals. It can be after 10 min, it can be after 90 min of operation. Unplugging the device and plugging it back solves the issue.
2. Every time the phone rings and I answer it through android auto, or if I initiate a call through the car android auto screen, the android auto interface disappears from the car screen and the bluetooth connected phone screen appears on the car screen. After 3-5 seconds the android auto interface appears again on the car screen and the call is shown using android auto display. Same thing when I hang up, android auto disappear from the car screen like it is disconnected for 3-5 secs and then reappears and works normally. This of course does not happen when I have the phone connected directly to the car.

I hope the second problem is clear, if not I can post a video.

Firmware version is 2.0.0

Thank you
The freezing issue will probably be fixed with firmware 2.0.1 which will hopefully be made available for everyone over the next day or two.

like me (POCO F3) you will probably still get the disconnections though. A freeze will just change to a 3-5 sec disconnection. It seems the issue started with MIUI 12.5. It happens when the phone drops or lowers the mobile signal which also then affects wifi for some reason.

You can recreate the disconnection by manually switching/forcing a lower network in SIM card settings > Preferred network type.

mobileman88

Oct 27, 2008

I am using the May 11th eu rom. Disconnections are happening with 2.0.1 now at places with very poor reception not all the time. However the freezing issue is gone. I am using in non transparent mode if it helps.

Reactions: welshblob

welshblob

Dec 22, 2013
Fareham (not in Wales)
I am using the May 11th eu rom. Disconnections are happening with 2.0.1 now at places with very poor reception not all the time. However the freezing issue is gone. I am using in non transparent mode if it helps.
That's a shame as I thought the EU rom might have been the fix. I'm on the global rom miui 13.0.4 and still on firmware 1.8.

Wonder what the lineage rom is like?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That sounds good.

While I have your attention, where do I find documentation for the app's multitude of device settings?

Also what color should the device's light be when it is connected and properly working? My device is blue and everything seems OK.
    Blue means working correctly, so you're ok.
    Hey Snirpo,

Thank you very much for the quick response.
    I don't like to have Google Maps as start app.

I tried everything to have another app as start app, but did not find a way to change it.

My last hope is to emulate touch inputs on the head unit.

Can you please give me some support how to emulate touch inputs?

Thank you very much.
    It's not possible right now, we have to implement it. But it's quite some work and it will be pretty wonky with all the screen sizes and stuff.
    Hi all, I have a 2020 Corolla Sedan (USA). This car only supports CarPlay, not Android Android Auto.

We purchased the latest version of AAWireless and enrolled in the beta program to enable AA over CP and it actually loads in the car and looks and works like native AA, which is amazing.

We have 2 problems though which is why I am posting.

1. It takes 1 to 4 "reboots" of the dongle to finally load AA (the light goes through the flashing green and flashing blue before resetting and trying again on its own).

2. Once loaded phone calls through AA are in fast forward and sound like a chipmunk. Occasionally GPS also lags, I'm not using the infinite touch setting.

I've spent hours tweaking the various settings and modes but haven't found a combo that fixes these issues.

Appreciate any guidance!
    AA over CP is still very much beta quality. We'll add these issues to our backlog, but right now AA over CP has low prio.
    Hello together,
    i received my AAWireless on yesterdays but couldn't get it to work.
    In bluetooth & WiFi mine shows up as AAWireless-593f3477.

I tried several settings & combinations in the app.
    Like USB-Mode, Passthrough, Dongle-mode etc. had nearly anything on/off once.
    I deletet data/cache for AndroidAuto and for the AAWireless app and tried factory resetting my AAWireless.

On my Phone i'm having 2 notifications regarding AndroidAuto:
    1. Connected with your car
    2. Looking for Android Auto (with progress-bar)

My car's HU is a VW Disocver Media, running FW MST2_EU_VW_E0220D, which is the stock one it shipped with as far as i know of.

@Emil Borconi @Snirpo i'd be very thankful for some advice. For a 10-Minute commute having AA working wirelessly would be way more reasonable than plugging/unplugging on these short trips.
    Hi there,

Could you please email us at support@aawireless.io? We can continue troubleshooting there, if that is fine with you as well! Thank you for your cooperation.
    I just did so, hopefully we can sort out the issues.
    A famous customer:

Free ad (y)
    Hey Snirpo,

Thank you very much for the quick response.
    I don't like to have Google Maps as start app.

I tried everything to have another app as start app, but did not find a way to change it.

My last hope is to emulate touch inputs on the head unit.

Can you please give me some support how to emulate touch inputs?

Thank you very much.
    This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
    I used to get the same thing. I believe it is an issue with AA/Google rather than AAW. In any event, I have had to give up on AAW as I can't connect to it/won't update, just sits there with a constant light-blue light. It is a (very expensive) paper weight on my desk now. It is just "too Beta" for my requirements.

I have now got a Carlink 2022 Android box which works flawlessly for me.
    MG ZS EV 2022
    Galaxy S21 Ultra (not rooted)
    I know I should ignore these posts, but these are the comments why I'm honestly considering completely dropping out any forum / reddit / social media. What's the point? We have support, we have warranty, we have a refund policy. It might be "beta" for you, but we shipped over 100k devices and believe me or not, for most, it just works. It's the same thing for all of these dongles. They will not work perfectly for all, there are just too many variables.
    I just want to leave a big THANK YOU for the developers! You invented a great product and do a great job here.

Anyone who has ordered the product knows that it is a crowdfunding project, which may also have teething problems. I find it cheeky to get upset about problems, even though they are dealt with promptly here. What more should the distributors do than react to the problems here and offer solutions?

I also have problems with the device, but I was helped quickly. Even if it takes a few days.

Dear team: Keep up the good work!
    Very close to release of 2.1.0 now. We fixed the UConnect issue, except for some cases where you still have to re-plug the device, but this is also the case on the MA1.
    We fixed the "VW Headunit crashing on skipping tracks" issue now completely. Confirmed it's a bug on the HU side, latency makes it worse. We will probably push a new firmware by the end of this week.
    I will also submit a bug report to Google, cause they can fix/workaround this issue as well for cabled users.