AAWireless - General discussion and support

Search This thread

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
These steps worked when connecting for first time in my case, unfortunately. Every subsequent connection it got stuck.
With 1.8 firmware AAW used to work fine without passthrough. Since 2.0.0 the only way to make it work with my headunit is using passthrough.
Do you have a Hyundai / Kia by any chance?

Aberk

Nov 21, 2007
That sounds very odd. Does the device actually not boot anymore in these cases? I mean does the LED stay solid green? If so, it's most likely defective. If not, there's something else going on.

I think the device boots. I can make settings changes using the companion app. My phone appears to think it is connected to AA, but I get device not supported on my truck's screen.

The LEDs vary. I sometimes see it solid green, but usually it blinks blue with 2 quick blue flashes then a delay and 2 more quick blue flashes. This blue flashing sequence just keeps repeating itself.

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
I think the device boots. I can make settings changes using the companion app. My phone appears to think it is connected to AA, but I get device not supported on my truck's screen.

The LEDs vary. I sometimes see it solid green, but usually it blinks blue with 2 quick blue flashes then a delay and 2 more quick blue flashes. This blue flashing sequence just keeps repeating itself.
Aah blue flashing is the HU side not sending the start command. Can you try to switch to MTP usb mode? that will atleast make the "USB device not supported" go away.

worldonfire

May 19, 2022
Checked it, definitly seems like the device is fully rebooting. Like in fully going back to solid green, blinking green, blue. Can you confirm this?
Yes, at first led goes off. Then solid green, blinking green. Then blinking blue and solid blue. Sometimes it does not even reach to solid blue and starts over...

Tomorrow i'll check what the leds do with passthrough disabled. If I remember correctly, then it does the same, but I will confirm it just to be sure.

Aberk

Nov 21, 2007
Aah blue flashing is the HU side not sending the start command. Can you try to switch to MTP usb mode? that will atleast make the "USB device not supported" go away.

When I switched to MTP, I didnt get the not supported message. I got no device connected instead. I tried all 3 flavors of MTP with the same results. MTP with force start made the LED green, but the other 2 did the double blue blink I keep seeing.

Marsou77

Feb 2, 2011
Earth
Hello!

I have been using AAWireless for almost a year and I am very happy with it, everything working as intended with a Google Pixel 6 & Samsung Galaxy A7 and with a Peugeot 208 I.

Since the introduction of AAWireless 2.0 it is advertised that we can easily switch between many smartphone. But in my experience it is not working for me. I have set the AAWireless to firstly connect to the Pixel, and if not found, connect to the Samsung. But it connects only to the last connected phone and obviously I have unchecked the box "connect to the last connected phone".

Did I miss something?

Thanks for your help :)

Last edited:

mnunes

Feb 24, 2007
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8
I'm in the same situation. Dodge Durango with Uconnect (2018 model). It's very hit or miss, and nearly never reconnects if I'm getting back in during the 1 hour power delay.

My settings:
Dongle mode = on
Passthrough mode = on
Start/Stop = on
Firmware = 2.0.0
App = 2.12.0
Phone = Samsung Galaxy S22

The USB cable I'm using works 100% of the time when I plug my phone in directly to it.
I have an update for my Dodge Durango Uconnect (2018). It seems that once I get AAWireless to work, it only works for 1-2 trips/connections. After that, the next time it tries to connect I see the unit boot, then the LED flashes blue for a little while like it's trying to connect, then the LED goes solid white. If the USB port was still powered (1 hour delay after the ignition turns off), the LED starts solid white, then flashes blue, then goes solid white again. In either case, AAWireless doesn't work.

I did identify a work-around so I don't have to completely setup from scratch each time. In the UConnect screen, I go to paired devices and make it forget the AAWireless device that's been discovered for Android Auto. Then (also on the UConnect unit) I disconnect my phone, wait a few seconds, then reconnect the phone. After about 15-20 seconds AAWireless comes up just fine.

If it matters, I do also regularly see the message "device not supported" on the UConnect screen like others have mentioned. Changing USB mode to the various MTP modes did not help (never connects this way).

My current settings:
Dongle mode = on
Passthrough mode = enabled
Start/Stop = enabled <<< because the USB port stays powered for 1 hour
Firmware = 2.0.1
App = 2.14.0

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
Hello!

I have been using AAWireless for almost a year and I am very happy with it, everything working as intended with a Google Pixel 6 & Samsung Galaxy A7 and with a Peugeot 208 I.

Since the introduction of AAWireless 2.0 it is advertised that we can easily switch between many smartphone. But in my experience it is not working for me. I have set the AAWireless to firstly connect to the Pixel, and if not found, connect to the Samsung. But it connects only to the last connected phone and obviously I have unchecked the box "connect to the last connected phone".

Did I miss something?

Thanks for your help :)
Do you have dongle mode enabled?

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
I have an update for my Dodge Durango Uconnect (2018). It seems that once I get AAWireless to work, it only works for 1-2 trips/connections. After that, the next time it tries to connect I see the unit boot, then the LED flashes blue for a little while like it's trying to connect, then the LED goes solid white. If the USB port was still powered (1 hour delay after the ignition turns off), the LED starts solid white, then flashes blue, then goes solid white again. In either case, AAWireless doesn't work.

I did identify a work-around so I don't have to completely setup from scratch each time. In the UConnect screen, I go to paired devices and make it forget the AAWireless device that's been discovered for Android Auto. Then (also on the UConnect unit) I disconnect my phone, wait a few seconds, then reconnect the phone. After about 15-20 seconds AAWireless comes up just fine.

If it matters, I do also regularly see the message "device not supported" on the UConnect screen like others have mentioned. Changing USB mode to the various MTP modes did not help (never connects this way).

My current settings:
Dongle mode = on
Firmware = 2.0.1
App = 2.14.0
When this happens, this device going back to solid white. Can you try to disconnect handsfree to the car on the phone side, and then reconnect handsfree? That should make it start up.

worldonfire

May 19, 2022
Yes, at first led goes off. Then solid green, blinking green. Then blinking blue and solid blue. Sometimes it does not even reach to solid blue and starts over...

Tomorrow i'll check what the leds do with passthrough disabled. If I remember correctly, then it does the same, but I will confirm it just to be sure.
@Snirpo looks like when passtrough is disabled, then it acts the same. Only difference is that then it is able to show aa for some time again.

Aberk

Nov 21, 2007

My current settings:
Dongle mode = on
Firmware = 2.0.1
App = 2.14.0

So far this has been the easiest fastest work around for me, but still irritating to have to do it.

Reactions: mnunes

bagadj

Jan 24, 2010

My current settings:
Dongle mode = on
Firmware = 2.0.1
App = 2.14.0
this is exactly the same problem i had... now back to 1.8.0 solve this problem, even if the message: "device not supported" shows in my uconnect for a while then disappear.. but AA starts regular with no problems.
maybe it could be an uconnect problem?

Flame Red

I have used the AAWireless on a GM and Mazda, it works perfectly.

On the Volvo I have, the voice directions from Waze are cut off at the end of whatever is said. It does not do this on the other cars I have it installed on. Phone is a Samsung Fold on all.

Might there be an setting I need to tweak for the Volvo to have it not cut off the end of the spoken Waze directions on the Volvo? Everything else works perfectly.

I have th 2.0 software installed.

Thank you.

this is exactly the same problem i had... now back to 1.8.0 solve this problem, even if the message: "device not supported" shows in my uconnect for a while then disappear.. but AA starts regular with no problems.
maybe it could be an uconnect problem?
+1 experiencing the same issue with a 2020 Ram 1500, 12" Uconnect, Samsung S10. It happened occasionally prior to firmware 2.0, but now occurs on a regular basis especially during short trips. I can usually solve it by removing AAWireless from the "projection" settings in Uconnect and then restarting AAWireless. Tried dongle mode but it made no difference. Also tried with start/stop enabled and disabled, again no difference.

Last edited:

Mezil

May 27, 2022
Hello
I am writing to you for a small problem.
I have for three weeks AA Wireless on Opel Astra with Intellilink and OnePlus 8T.
It often happens that android auto starts up correctly, but the phone doesn't work. I can manage phone calls from Android Auto but you can't hear the voice from the speakerphone but I have to switch to putting the phone to my ear, selecting call, phone in the menu. Not the best thing since I'm driving!
How can I do? I have updated to the latest firmware. Thank you

mnunes

Feb 24, 2007
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8
When this happens, this device going back to solid white. Can you try to disconnect handsfree to the car on the phone side, and then reconnect handsfree? That should make it start up.
@Snirpo
When I disconnect and reconnect from the phone, the AAW blinks blue for about 10 seconds then goes back to solid white. Similarly, when I just disconnect and reconnect from the headunit it will blink blue then go back to solid white. The only way I've been able to get it to work is to have the headunit forget AAW, then disconnect and reconnect from either the headujit or the phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I should have come to this thread to begin with, but I, too, am having this issue as well. Also in a Polestar 2.

I submitted a support ticket on January 17 this year, and after providing plenty of information and submitting bug reports, it seems I have been forgotten about. I was even told that "no other Polestar owners have reported this" - rubbish, it seems!

I recently got the 4.0 Beta notification and today updated that in the hope that something had been done, but nada!
    I note there are several compatibility options for other manufacturers that exist, including a new one in 4.0 that I haven't noticed before that addresses a Mercedes Benz issue, so surely two people with the exact some car is enough to acknowledge there is an issue for Volvo/Polestar AAOS compatibility?

I'm grateful I didn't buy my AAWireless to use in my Polestar, because I'd be bloody annoyed at having paid the money I did for it and having a shiny, new paperweight as a result.
    AA over CP is NOT a core feature. In fact even CarPlay is NOT a core feature (yet). Its beta... We dont advertise it anywhere. Its a nice extra, but that's it. Sorry but these "paperweight" comments annoy the heck out of me. Some people expect their issues to be fixed right away. That's just not how it works.
    That sounds good.

While I have your attention, where do I find documentation for the app's multitude of device settings?

Also what color should the device's light be when it is connected and properly working? My device is blue and everything seems OK.
    Blue means working correctly, so you're ok.
    Hey Snirpo,

Thank you very much for the quick response.
    I don't like to have Google Maps as start app.

I tried everything to have another app as start app, but did not find a way to change it.

My last hope is to emulate touch inputs on the head unit.

Can you please give me some support how to emulate touch inputs?

Thank you very much.
    It's not possible right now, we have to implement it. But it's quite some work and it will be pretty wonky with all the screen sizes and stuff.
    Hi all, I have a 2020 Corolla Sedan (USA). This car only supports CarPlay, not Android Android Auto.

We purchased the latest version of AAWireless and enrolled in the beta program to enable AA over CP and it actually loads in the car and looks and works like native AA, which is amazing.

We have 2 problems though which is why I am posting.

1. It takes 1 to 4 "reboots" of the dongle to finally load AA (the light goes through the flashing green and flashing blue before resetting and trying again on its own).

2. Once loaded phone calls through AA are in fast forward and sound like a chipmunk. Occasionally GPS also lags, I'm not using the infinite touch setting.

I've spent hours tweaking the various settings and modes but haven't found a combo that fixes these issues.

Appreciate any guidance!
    AA over CP is still very much beta quality. We'll add these issues to our backlog, but right now AA over CP has low prio.
    Core feature or not, everyone knows it's capable of it.
    Nobody is asking for it to be fixed right away, simply acknowledged. @leroy_sunset had no replies to the post back in October and had a support experience that mirrored mine. I was even told "no other Polestar owner has reported this", which was quite clearly not true.

I'm a developer Monday to Friday too, and if I brushed off paying customers with niche requirements, I'd not have a job.
    Hell, right now I and about a dozen other developers are working on a feature to be used by 1 customer.

All I'm asking is that this issue, which clearly does exist, is treated correctly.
    It is treated correctly. It's on our backlog and does not have priority right now unfortunately. I do agree our support may have given false info though... So in that sense you have been brushed off. I'm sorry for that.
    I never criticized the developers, once. I never communicated that my expectations were not met. I bought a product, tried it, found it didn't work for my very niche use case. It's beta, I get it. I'm not mad - a tad disappointed, but I am loading the beta updates literally every time they come through hoping it will work. I didn't return the product because I want it to work, I want to support the company, I want to help the developers get this working on my car!

I will say - wireless CarPlay with an iPhone works perfectly on the Polestar! It's a cool product. I am just hoping that AA over CarPlay will come through some day. In no way do I want to discourage the devs - please, please keep trying to get AA over CarPlay to work on my Polestar! I'd pay 2x for it :D

You guys don't even remotely put out a paperweight. You got me in the beta super quick, you're updating all the time. I definitely have a good impression of Snirpo and I know you'll sell plenty more of these once AA starts working on Polestars. The Polestar forums are dying to get something that works!
    Well that did not work, because the phone, a Pixel 7A, turned both Bluetooth and Wifi back on :eek: Tried it numerous times in the car with same results, away from the car both settings remained off as expected. I also want to keep Bluetooth on for hands free phone calls.
    We can add a feature to disable AAW temporarily. Will probably add it as an "app shortcut" so you can place it on your homescreen.
    This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
    I used to get the same thing. I believe it is an issue with AA/Google rather than AAW. In any event, I have had to give up on AAW as I can't connect to it/won't update, just sits there with a constant light-blue light. It is a (very expensive) paper weight on my desk now. It is just "too Beta" for my requirements.

I have now got a Carlink 2022 Android box which works flawlessly for me.
    MG ZS EV 2022
    Galaxy S21 Ultra (not rooted)
    I know I should ignore these posts, but these are the comments why I'm honestly considering completely dropping out any forum / reddit / social media. What's the point? We have support, we have warranty, we have a refund policy. It might be "beta" for you, but we shipped over 100k devices and believe me or not, for most, it just works. It's the same thing for all of these dongles. They will not work perfectly for all, there are just too many variables.
    I just want to leave a big THANK YOU for the developers! You invented a great product and do a great job here.

Anyone who has ordered the product knows that it is a crowdfunding project, which may also have teething problems. I find it cheeky to get upset about problems, even though they are dealt with promptly here. What more should the distributors do than react to the problems here and offer solutions?

I also have problems with the device, but I was helped quickly. Even if it takes a few days.

Dear team: Keep up the good work!
    Very close to release of 2.1.0 now. We fixed the UConnect issue, except for some cases where you still have to re-plug the device, but this is also the case on the MA1.
    We fixed the "VW Headunit crashing on skipping tracks" issue now completely. Confirmed it's a bug on the HU side, latency makes it worse. We will probably push a new firmware by the end of this week.
    I will also submit a bug report to Google, cause they can fix/workaround this issue as well for cabled users.