AAWireless - General discussion and support

Search This thread

TheUntouchable

Jul 14, 2010
Germany
Huawei P30 Pro
Any thoughts on GA for 2.1.0? (another Hyundai / Kia owner that has just upgraded to get widescreen Android Auto on the headunit)
I can tell that switching to pass through is currently a good workaround :) But I have the problem that the connection sometimes takes longer then my driving time.. sometimes it connects instantly.. The WiFi timeout is already set to 5 seconds :( Have the feeling this started after upgrading to one of the 2.X firmwares.

Last edited:

shadwell_lad

Oct 20, 2010
London
I can tell that switching to pass through is currently a good workaround :) But I have the problem that the connection sometimes takes longer then my driving time.. sometimes it connects instantly.. The WiFi timeout is already set to 5 seconds :( Have the feeling this started after upgrading to one of the 2.X firmwares.
Thx. I'll go on pass through. Long drive planned today so let's see how that goes

Reactions: TheUntouchable

WestHej

Apr 17, 2012
Thx. I'll go on pass through. Long drive planned today so let's see how that goes
I'm on a Hyundai. So far passthough is a workaround since I upgraded the infotainment for AA widescreen but it does take a variable amount of time to connect. I'm also keen to get the DPI higher (I set it at 180 on an ioniq 5). Makes the AA interface look so much smarter rather than a kids toy! Hope we can get an update soon to fix it.

Hi all, I just get the phone to download 2.0.2 firmware. My device firmware is 1.8.0 and app won't download the update whatsoever. I click download and then nothing...again the start download comes up...I hit it again..still nada...any suggestions? I deleted the data and cache in the app and even forced stopped it..still no use...

bertsmelik

Jan 12, 2014
Ridderkerk
Reboot phone to connect
I would like to share my experience. Just found this morning that AA does not connect to my phone. Restarted AAW a few times: no joy.
Only after I rebooted my phone, it connected without a problem.
Inspecting the phone revealed that Maps had been updated last night (to version 11.36.2). I recall that I had to reboot the phone a few weeks earlier in order to connect.
Would the update of Maps cause this?
Anyone else saw this on his/her phone?

My AAwireless: 2.0.2
My phone: Poco X3 NFC (rom: Pixel Experience Android 12.1)
My car: MG EHS PHEV 2021

Last edited:

sick6

Dec 3, 2012
Maybe I'm not doing it right, but I don't see 1.8 as an available option when I go to System Update.
On the dev app, it says the same thing for current and latest: 2.1.0-202206240850-develop-516470d-develop-6803c38f.
In the regular app, it just says no update available. What is the correct way to rollback to 1.8? Thanks.

zepatko

Nov 9, 2021
Yup, this is fixed on 2.1.0, which is in beta. You can use passthrough mode in the meantime.
What is actually the difference with or without the passthrough mode ?
I've been using it since the beginning because I had some diconnections problems in normal mode, and never tried again without it.
Is it better without it ? and, if yes, why ?

TheUntouchable

Jul 14, 2010
Germany
Huawei P30 Pro
I've been using it since the beginning because I had some diconnections problems in normal mode, and never tried again without it.
Is it better without it ? and, if yes, why ?
When using passthrough mode most settings in the app like DPI, the sink stuff and co will not work as everything is directly routed to the phone.

x10isrooted

Jun 23, 2010
Does anyone know if on 2.0.2 the SSL fix was applied? I'm still on the dev aawireless app + firmware update "channel" where everything works fine but I do not need daily updates and if it's on the stable I would revert back to stable "channel"

DroidShift79

Sep 11, 2012
Frankfurt am Main
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 12
Is it better without it ? and, if yes, why?
Passthrough mode will send all data unmodified to the dongle. This should work all the time, everywhere. Using it in combination with dongle mode should be fine for everyone. Downside is, you can't use any advanced features like DPI settings with it

Without passthrough mode, you could use the extra features in the app. And for me connection without passthrough, is much faster.

zepatko

Nov 9, 2021
When using passthrough mode most settings in the app like DPI, the sink stuff and co will not work as everything is directly routed to the phone.

Passthrough mode will send all data unmodified to the dongle. This should work all the time, everywhere. Using it in combination with dongle mode should be fine for everyone. Downside is, you can't use any advanced features like DPI settings with it

Without passthrough mode, you could use the extra features in the app. And for me connection without passthrough, is much faster.

Ok, thanks for your answers. I'll try it when 2.1 firmware will be available (I'm KIA user, and apparently version 2.02 doesn't work properly with last unit update)

psmedley

May 5, 2011
Adelaide
Does anyone know if on 2.0.2 the SSL fix was applied? I'm still on the dev aawireless app + firmware update "channel" where everything works fine but I do not need daily updates and if it's on the stable I would revert back to stable "channel"
AFAIK the SSL fix is only in 2.1.0, but I also understand that using Passthrough on 2.0.2 works as well.

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
Maybe I'm not doing it right, but I don't see 1.8 as an available option when I go to System Update.
On the dev app, it says the same thing for current and latest: 2.1.0-202206240850-develop-516470d-develop-6803c38f.
In the regular app, it just says no update available. What is the correct way to rollback to 1.8? Thanks.
Sorry, accidentally enabled develop instead of 1.8, 1.8 should be enabled now.

Reactions: sick6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    btw, any updates on AAW 2? Kinda wanna offer one to my sys but at the same time want the new shiny toy for myself xD
    We hopefully have the final version now. Prototypes will soon be sent out to testers for real life testing. With no major issues I expect end of Q2/Q3 for mass production.
    I see that we are at v4.1-1479 now.

Has CarPlay been released? :D
    This is the app version. But yes, CarPlay (BETA) has also been released a while ago in firmware version 3.0. We are now at 3.3.2.
    I got many problems with the aawireless adapter in my Seat Leon ST 2019 (Technisat ZR). Often my CarPlay Adapter crashed.
    It's enough if I go to the vehicle menu and press or wait a bit. After a few seconds to 1 minute the Carplay adapter stops.
    I absolutely don't know what else I can do.

Do you have any advice? Should I test any specific settings from aawireless etc?
    This issue was fixed in dev and will be fixed in the next release (3.3.3 or 3.4.0).
    I've been using DPI 135 for months for my 8.4-inch screen on a GM MyLink2 system. Since the last Android Auto update, the icon bar has returned to horizontal and only goes vertical if I set the DPI to 103, but then everything becomes too small. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
    Yeah is a change in AA, nothing we can do about it, same happens on TeslAA.
    I'd been using 133 on mine, but I'm trying to live with the horizonal bar at 115 now.
    for me, horizontal bar takes up too much space :cry:
    This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
    I used to get the same thing. I believe it is an issue with AA/Google rather than AAW. In any event, I have had to give up on AAW as I can't connect to it/won't update, just sits there with a constant light-blue light. It is a (very expensive) paper weight on my desk now. It is just "too Beta" for my requirements.

I have now got a Carlink 2022 Android box which works flawlessly for me.
    MG ZS EV 2022
    Galaxy S21 Ultra (not rooted)
    I know I should ignore these posts, but these are the comments why I'm honestly considering completely dropping out any forum / reddit / social media. What's the point? We have support, we have warranty, we have a refund policy. It might be "beta" for you, but we shipped over 100k devices and believe me or not, for most, it just works. It's the same thing for all of these dongles. They will not work perfectly for all, there are just too many variables.
    I just want to leave a big THANK YOU for the developers! You invented a great product and do a great job here.

Anyone who has ordered the product knows that it is a crowdfunding project, which may also have teething problems. I find it cheeky to get upset about problems, even though they are dealt with promptly here. What more should the distributors do than react to the problems here and offer solutions?

I also have problems with the device, but I was helped quickly. Even if it takes a few days.

Dear team: Keep up the good work!
    Very close to release of 2.1.0 now. We fixed the UConnect issue, except for some cases where you still have to re-plug the device, but this is also the case on the MA1.
    We fixed the "VW Headunit crashing on skipping tracks" issue now completely. Confirmed it's a bug on the HU side, latency makes it worse. We will probably push a new firmware by the end of this week.
    I will also submit a bug report to Google, cause they can fix/workaround this issue as well for cabled users.