AAWireless - General discussion and support

Search This thread
Also depends on what apps your running btw. But this is the nature of the beast unfortunately. Wifi + Bluetooth + mobile data + video rendering is a drainer. I've never seen 1 percent battery a minute before though...
Might I add the type of device to the list you have mentioned above? It seems the device chipset also has a major play in the drain. Apparently, mid-range chipsets perform better than high-end ones when it comes to AA wireless. FYI, I was running Waze and Tidal on my 20 min drive home. Started the trip at 70%, and arrived home at 49%...anyways, the moral of the story is wireless aa is as good as the wireless charging capabilities of the car. I wonder how the situation is with wireless Apple carplay.

Swap_File

Apr 12, 2016
Samsung Galaxy J7
Google Pixel 2
This isn't a AAwireless problem, just another observation of running a hot spot while using AAwireless. I'm on an OnePlus 8Pro running android 12, version c21.

I noticed that if I save AAwireless's password, connect to AAwireless and then try to use my phone's hot spot functionality, my phone will default to trying to share my non existant wifi internet. This shows up as "WiFi sharing" in the notification.

But if I don't save the connection, and let AAwireless connect on its own, my phone's hot spot will default to sharing my mobile data connection. This shows up as "Mobile hot spot" in the notification.

sidamos77

Nov 8, 2012
I just got AAWireless and it works fine on default settings with my Samsung Galaxy A52s and Renault R-Link Evolution.

One thing is a bit annoying: When connection is established, the car unit asks if I want to start Android Auto. If I say NO, the same question comes again 10s later. This does not happen with the USB cable connection.

Any workaround for that? Thanks!

TheUntouchable

Jul 14, 2010
Germany
Huawei P30 Pro
I just got AAWireless and it works fine on default settings with my Samsung Galaxy A52s and Renault R-Link Evolution.

One thing is a bit annoying: When connection is established, the car unit asks if I want to start Android Auto. If I say NO, the same question comes again 10s later. This does not happen with the USB cable connection.

I think there is an option called "Auto Video Fokus" in the aawireless app. Try to disable that if activated, its disabled by default. ALso there is a option in the Android Auto app for starting itself when connected I think

Last edited:

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007

I think this is because it's thinking the connection has failed, it will then restart the connection in 10 seconds. Not sure if this happens because of the phone side or AAWireless itself. Could you possibly shoot in a bug report via the app? (Help and support --> bug report). So I can check what's happening.

sibesaver

Sep 30, 2010
Moore, OK

Might try out these settings also in AA.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220702-120624.png
    Screenshot_20220702-120624.png
    184.5 KB · Views: 38

sidamos77

Nov 8, 2012
I think there is an option called "Auto Video Fokus" in the aawireless app. Try to disable that if activated, its disabled by default. ALso there is a option in the Android Auto app for starting itself when connected I think
This is not enabled.
I think this is because it's thinking the connection has failed, it will then restart the connection in 10 seconds. Not sure if this happens because of the phone side or AAWireless itself. Could you possibly shoot in a bug report via the app? (Help and support --> bug report). So I can check what's happening.
This sounds logical. I created a bug report.
Might try out these settings also in AA.
This is on default (let car decide).
Of course, because if you USB connect your phone, that means that you intend to use AA !...
Of course. Still, when I connect via USB (maybe to only charge), I can deny once and then the question does not come back.

Marsou77

Feb 2, 2011
Earth
Thanks for the input Snirpo, just for the sake of curiosity I will swap to default mode.
I have lags and audio chopping also (when two apps collides) but afaik that is a HU hardware limitation.
I've got used to them so they don't bother me thaaat much, but solving random disconnects would be fantastic.
Happy to help with logs or anything else that helps this wonderfull project.
Hello, maybe I'm late to the party but I came across your post.

Lately I have tested a lot of configuration settings with my AAW and a NAC Wave 2 (Peugeot 208) and the most suitable I found is the following

-- AAW settings:
* Passthrough disabled
* Dongle disabled
-- Phone settings
* Google Driving Assistant disabled

Everything run really well, almost no lag when listening to Spotify and navigating with Maps. No disconnection either.

Hope it can help :)

Reactions: elbubi

valeri_s_k

Aug 24, 2020
Bourgas
Reboot phone to connect
I would like to share my experience. Just found this morning that AA does not connect to my phone. Restarted AAW a few times: no joy.
Only after I rebooted my phone, it connected without a problem.
Inspecting the phone revealed that Maps had been updated last night (to version 11.36.2). I recall that I had to reboot the phone a few weeks earlier in order to connect.
Would the update of Maps cause this?
Anyone else saw this on his/her phone?

My AAwireless: 2.0.2
My phone: Poco X3 NFC (rom: Pixel Experience Android 12.1)
My car: MG EHS PHEV 2021
Hi @bertsmelik,
It is known MIUI has an issue with wireless AA by cutting wifi when losess/reconnects to mobile network.
How it is with PE?
Can you test it - when connected to wireless AA try to disable/re-enable mobile data and see if AA disconnects?

bertsmelik

Jan 12, 2014
Ridderkerk
Hi @bertsmelik,
It is known MIUI has an issue with wireless AA by cutting wifi when losess/reconnects to mobile network.
How it is with PE?
Can you test it - when connected to wireless AA try to disable/re-enable mobile data and see if AA disconnects?
PE is not MIUI, IT is a custom rom baard on AOSP and Pixel. Gui is from Pixel.
WiFi works very well in PE. Trier tout suggestion, but no différence.
I can live with this phenomenon, just reboot in case of aaw connection Problem.

elbubi

May 12, 2013
Hello, maybe I'm late to the party but I came across your post.

Lately I have tested a lot of configuration settings with my AAW and a NAC Wave 2 (Peugeot 208) and the most suitable I found is the following

-- AAW settings:
* Passthrough disabled
* Dongle disabled
-- Phone settings
* Google Driving Assistant disabled

Everything run really well, almost no lag when listening to Spotify and navigating with Maps. No disconnection either.

Hope it can help :)
Thanks for the tip Marsou.
I've tried that combination in the past (actually using passthrough enabled + dongle enabled), and still had lags and hiccups.
Had tried with cable and no lags or chopping sound neither, so its not a HU hardware limitation as I previously thought.
Nevertheless, I will try it again and report back.
Cheers!

Top Liked Posts

Well that did not work, because the phone, a Pixel 7A, turned both Bluetooth and Wifi back on :eek: Tried it numerous times in the car with same results, away from the car both settings remained off as expected. I also want to keep Bluetooth on for hands free phone calls.
    We can add a feature to disable AAW temporarily. Will probably add it as an "app shortcut" so you can place it on your homescreen.
    btw, any updates on AAW 2? Kinda wanna offer one to my sys but at the same time want the new shiny toy for myself xD
    We hopefully have the final version now. Prototypes will soon be sent out to testers for real life testing. With no major issues I expect end of Q2/Q3 for mass production.
    I agree text box or even arrows left and right that you can adjust the numbers
    Agreed, is implemented in latest internal beta version of the app. I'll release it to public beta tomorrow.
    I see that we are at v4.1-1479 now.

Has CarPlay been released? :D
    This is the app version. But yes, CarPlay (BETA) has also been released a while ago in firmware version 3.0. We are now at 3.3.2.
    I've been using DPI 135 for months for my 8.4-inch screen on a GM MyLink2 system. Since the last Android Auto update, the icon bar has returned to horizontal and only goes vertical if I set the DPI to 103, but then everything becomes too small. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
    Yeah is a change in AA, nothing we can do about it, same happens on TeslAA.
    I'd been using 133 on mine, but I'm trying to live with the horizonal bar at 115 now.
    for me, horizontal bar takes up too much space :cry:
    This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
    I used to get the same thing. I believe it is an issue with AA/Google rather than AAW. In any event, I have had to give up on AAW as I can't connect to it/won't update, just sits there with a constant light-blue light. It is a (very expensive) paper weight on my desk now. It is just "too Beta" for my requirements.

I have now got a Carlink 2022 Android box which works flawlessly for me.
    MG ZS EV 2022
    Galaxy S21 Ultra (not rooted)
    I know I should ignore these posts, but these are the comments why I'm honestly considering completely dropping out any forum / reddit / social media. What's the point? We have support, we have warranty, we have a refund policy. It might be "beta" for you, but we shipped over 100k devices and believe me or not, for most, it just works. It's the same thing for all of these dongles. They will not work perfectly for all, there are just too many variables.
    I just want to leave a big THANK YOU for the developers! You invented a great product and do a great job here.

Anyone who has ordered the product knows that it is a crowdfunding project, which may also have teething problems. I find it cheeky to get upset about problems, even though they are dealt with promptly here. What more should the distributors do than react to the problems here and offer solutions?

I also have problems with the device, but I was helped quickly. Even if it takes a few days.

Dear team: Keep up the good work!
    Very close to release of 2.1.0 now. We fixed the UConnect issue, except for some cases where you still have to re-plug the device, but this is also the case on the MA1.
    We fixed the "VW Headunit crashing on skipping tracks" issue now completely. Confirmed it's a bug on the HU side, latency makes it worse. We will probably push a new firmware by the end of this week.
    I will also submit a bug report to Google, cause they can fix/workaround this issue as well for cabled users.