AAWireless - General discussion and support

Search This thread

SOFO888

Jan 28, 2013
I use also a wireless charger with cooling fan. It is made by ESR. This works pretty well also during summer.
I modded my case to have a mangetic ring to improve the positioning and also the fixation on the wireless charger.

festor

Jun 4, 2013
I'm just wondering if any Xiaomi users' disconnections have lessened since the upgrade to MIUI 14/A13?

I upgraded my Poco F3 (EEA) a few days ago and since then I haven't had a disconnection over several hours of driving in areas that would normally guarantee AA to disconnect. I can still manually create a dropout by disabling/enabling mobile data so that issue has not been fixed, but random ones have stopped.

An unrelated issue with calls dropping after 29m 50sec appears to have been fixed too (Vodafone network). This is a bit of a contentious issue, but it's supposedly down to Vodafone's SIP Session Timer Refresh not working in conjunction with 4g calling (VoLTE) or Wireless calling enabled. It requires a fix from Vodafone or for the handset manufacturer(s) to support their unusual requirements. I have double checked and made sure 4g calling is enabled and I'm on 4g for preferred network... calls no longer stop at 29:50.

I took and update of Android Auto 9.0.630834 earlier in the week, but I'm sure I had disconnections afterwards. Maybe it's just a carrier services or Vodafone update and I'm getting a better signal?

Spool77

Feb 27, 2011
I use also a wireless charger with cooling fan. It is made by ESR. This works pretty well also during summer.
I modded my case to have a mangetic ring to improve the positioning and also the fixation on the wireless charger.
That's the same charger I got. The charger itself is great and if I'm just streaming music via Bluetooth it works awesome. But the combo of aawireless plus wireless charging is just too much. I think a lot of it is just the flip 4 being a less than ideal form factor to keep cool. I know I've seen reports of the flip heating up quite a bit during gaming as well.

I don't know how high of a temp will cause damage. I know I've seen as high as 46c at which point the phone will shut off the wireless charging, which in turn shuts off the fan on the charger.

SOFO888

Jan 28, 2013
46c is too high.
40-45c is the max according to different battery data sheets.
I monitor the battery temp in summer and stop charging at 39.7c. I reach this temp after 15-45 minutes in summer time (depending on outside temps). In winter times I can leave my phone for 2 hours on the charger without reaching 39.7c.

Snirpo

Jan 23, 2007
Yes, this is already kind of possible by enabling start/stop and selecting some random Bluetooth device to start the connection (not the HU handsfree), so it will not actually start based on BT handsfree. You can then start the connection manually with the the "force connect" widget and kill the connection from the notification. If you want we can work together on making these things part of the public API. Please join us at https://join.slack.com/t/aawireless/shared_invite/zt-1rgddavyq-BKI4rW_Lh0tYRVTOaAPU4g

Luke Kwon

Mar 19, 2023
Hello, I'm on beta test with firmware 3.0.
I'm very interested in using AA through CP cause my car(Mercedes) has poor AA interface as you know. Being not MBUX, it displays CP full screen which is very cool. I've installed v3.0 and set CP and AA through CP enabled but keep failing to connect. Blue light keep blinking and my phone blinking from time to time but nothing had happened. Is there any options I can try? I'm using Samsung Note20 with my Mercedes E300 for your reference.

Netzmark

Aug 19, 2008
Yes, this is already kind of possible by enabling start/stop and selecting some random Bluetooth device to start the connection (not the HU handsfree), so it will not actually start based on BT handsfree. You can then start the connection manually with the the "force connect" widget and kill the connection from the notification. If you want we can work together on making these things part of the public API. Please join us at https://join.slack.com/t/aawireless/shared_invite/zt-1rgddavyq-BKI4rW_Lh0tYRVTOaAPU4g
I (my son literally) have made some simple app with two very very large switches (easy clickable during the driving without losing the look to the road and focussing to hit some miniature text-switch) named "Disable AA" and "Enable AA". This app when launched does nothing untill "Disable" is pressed - it blocks AA service in Android (package hide) so AA connection drops and I can easy use origin car BT features without crazy AA phone service. "Enable" makes AA unhidden and wireless (or wired as well) connection is re-established.
Disadvantage is that hide-unhide package commands require the phone to be rooted (no problem in my case). You could probably do it without any problem on the AAW hardware level.
From my POV, the best possibility (optional) could be to block phone service via AA only - leaving map and other services running. But this I guess is realy hard (or impossible) to do.
Joint to the slack if something.

Netzmark

Aug 19, 2008
Hello, I'm on beta test with firmware 3.0.
(...) Blue light keep blinking and my phone blinking from time to time but nothing had happened. Is there any options I can try? I'm using Samsung Note20 with my Mercedes E300 for your reference.
Maybe try the passthrough mode?
Have you tried the set (AAW+your phone) with other car, or your AAW but with other phone?

Last edited:

JOHN197835

Apr 15, 2015
Hello i need help please. I have a portable car dvr with android auto and this item have bad sound quality when i connect with aux to my car unit to have sound to my speakers. So my question is if i can with AAWIRELESS device send the android auto audio to my car unit with bluetooth. Thanks for help.

italodance

Nov 17, 2008
New update released for Xiaomi mi 11 lite today, it is the first global miui 14 / Android 13 for my device.

It is MIUI 14.0.2

Connected via AAwireless as usual.

Tried to change mobile data manually from

4G/LTE to 3G = no disconnection
4G to 2G = no disconnection
3G to 2G = no disconnection
3G to 4G = no disconnection

Disabled mobile data toggle = no internet = no disconnection

So what would be the result ?!

italodance

Nov 17, 2008
Test
The Xiaomi issue only happens when mobile data is lost and reconnected. You can reproduce this issue like this:
This is on a Motorola MA1 and it will happen with all dongles or native AA Wireless HU's on Xiaomi phones.

Tested this Xiaomi issue and all fine. Tested several times and fine.

festor

Jun 4, 2013
New update released for Xiaomi mi 11 lite today, it is the first global miui 14 / Android 13 for my device.

It is MIUI 14.0.2

Connected via AAwireless as usual.

Tried to change mobile data manually from

4G/LTE to 3G = no disconnection
4G to 2G = no disconnection
3G to 2G = no disconnection
3G to 4G = no disconnection

Disabled mobile data toggle = no internet = no disconnection

So what would be the result ?!
Just to clarify, you were on the Global 14.0.1.0.TKBMIXM ROM then received an update to 14.0.2.0 and it has fixed the linked data/wireless issue?

Or do you mean you upgraded from A12/MIUI13 to EEA 14.0.2.0.TKBEUXM and you no longer have the data/wireless issue?

italodance

Nov 17, 2008
Just to clarify, you were on the Global 14.0.1.0.TKBMIXM ROM then received an update to 14.0.2.0 and it has fixed the linked data/wireless issue?

Or do you mean you upgraded from A12/MIUI13 to EEA 14.0.2.0.TKBEUXM and you no longer have the data/wireless issue?
Nah I was on the global 13, as I said above this is my first miui 14 upgrade. Yeah no longer this issue.
Took some pics with and without mobile data:

Attachments

• IMG_20230324_162941.jpg
    IMG_20230324_162941.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20230324_163206.jpg
    IMG_20230324_163206.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 78

festor

Jun 4, 2013
Nah I was on the global 13, as I said above this is my first miui 14 upgrade. Yeah no longer this issue.
Took some pics with and without mobile data:
Can you go into Settings > About phone, and provide details of the MIUI ROM you're on, including the letters within the brackets? It would also be good to know what Android Auto version you're on.

italodance

Nov 17, 2008
Can you go into Settings > About phone, and provide details of the MIUI ROM you're on, including the letters within the brackets? It would also be good to know what Android Auto version you're on.
Here you are:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-24-19-35-27-746_com.android.settings-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-24-19-35-27-746_com.android.settings-edit.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot_2023-03-24-19-36-08-636_com.miui.securitycenter-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-24-19-36-08-636_com.miui.securitycenter-edit.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 80

festor

Jun 4, 2013
So it looks like you have a Mi 11 Lite 4G and AA beta.

You're the first person I've seen mention that MIUI14 fixes the data/wifi issue so I wonder if it's an extended AA timeout added to the beta that's stopping the dropout. Have you enabled Start/Stop in the AAWireless app?

@Snirpo is that a Redmi Note 9 you used for the video above? It doesn't look like it will get MIUI 14 unfortunately.

italodance

Nov 17, 2008
So it looks like you have a Mi 11 Lite 4G and AA beta.

You're the first person I've seen mention that MIUI14 fixes the data/wifi issue so I wonder if it's an extended AA timeout added to the beta that's stopping the dropout. Have you enabled Start/Stop in the AAWireless app?

@Snirpo is that a Redmi Note 9 you used for the video above? It doesn't look like it will get MIUI 14 unfortunately.
No, never needed start/stop. I will stick to this update and don’t jump to miui future updates.

italodance

Nov 17, 2008
Updated to new AA version which was released today.
Tested about 2 hours driving and all fine. Disabled mobile data toggle several times then back. No issue yet.

Netzmark

Aug 19, 2008
As my app (the one with AA process hide/unhide) is not a good solution (requires entire AA "registration" process to come through), so finally I use Start/Stop mode. It's because I don't want to force an AA connection every time I get in the car.

May I know how should look the process of the connection establishing?

When I'm connected and want to break it - notification and "stop", it's clear.

But how to make a connection? I can't see any switch for it. I can run AAW app but connection is not getting (searching AA... and nothing). So, I go to settings and choosing "Save" - it establishes the connection. Is it normal way as intended by author? Seems be little weird, isn't it?

r0x

Feb 16, 2010
Nuremberg
My Phone Display turns on, every time AA gets connected, and it stays on, til I turn it off.
I don't know whether it is AAWireless or AndroidAuto itself.
Anyone knows if there is such a setting for this somewhere?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I should have come to this thread to begin with, but I, too, am having this issue as well. Also in a Polestar 2.

I submitted a support ticket on January 17 this year, and after providing plenty of information and submitting bug reports, it seems I have been forgotten about. I was even told that "no other Polestar owners have reported this" - rubbish, it seems!

I recently got the 4.0 Beta notification and today updated that in the hope that something had been done, but nada!
    I note there are several compatibility options for other manufacturers that exist, including a new one in 4.0 that I haven't noticed before that addresses a Mercedes Benz issue, so surely two people with the exact some car is enough to acknowledge there is an issue for Volvo/Polestar AAOS compatibility?

I'm grateful I didn't buy my AAWireless to use in my Polestar, because I'd be bloody annoyed at having paid the money I did for it and having a shiny, new paperweight as a result.
    AA over CP is NOT a core feature. In fact even CarPlay is NOT a core feature (yet). Its beta... We dont advertise it anywhere. Its a nice extra, but that's it. Sorry but these "paperweight" comments annoy the heck out of me. Some people expect their issues to be fixed right away. That's just not how it works.
    That sounds good.

While I have your attention, where do I find documentation for the app's multitude of device settings?

Also what color should the device's light be when it is connected and properly working? My device is blue and everything seems OK.
    Blue means working correctly, so you're ok.
    Hey Snirpo,

Thank you very much for the quick response.
    I don't like to have Google Maps as start app.

I tried everything to have another app as start app, but did not find a way to change it.

My last hope is to emulate touch inputs on the head unit.

Can you please give me some support how to emulate touch inputs?

Thank you very much.
    It's not possible right now, we have to implement it. But it's quite some work and it will be pretty wonky with all the screen sizes and stuff.
    Hi all, I have a 2020 Corolla Sedan (USA). This car only supports CarPlay, not Android Android Auto.

We purchased the latest version of AAWireless and enrolled in the beta program to enable AA over CP and it actually loads in the car and looks and works like native AA, which is amazing.

We have 2 problems though which is why I am posting.

1. It takes 1 to 4 "reboots" of the dongle to finally load AA (the light goes through the flashing green and flashing blue before resetting and trying again on its own).

2. Once loaded phone calls through AA are in fast forward and sound like a chipmunk. Occasionally GPS also lags, I'm not using the infinite touch setting.

I've spent hours tweaking the various settings and modes but haven't found a combo that fixes these issues.

Appreciate any guidance!
    AA over CP is still very much beta quality. We'll add these issues to our backlog, but right now AA over CP has low prio.
    Core feature or not, everyone knows it's capable of it.
    Nobody is asking for it to be fixed right away, simply acknowledged. @leroy_sunset had no replies to the post back in October and had a support experience that mirrored mine. I was even told "no other Polestar owner has reported this", which was quite clearly not true.

I'm a developer Monday to Friday too, and if I brushed off paying customers with niche requirements, I'd not have a job.
    Hell, right now I and about a dozen other developers are working on a feature to be used by 1 customer.

All I'm asking is that this issue, which clearly does exist, is treated correctly.
    It is treated correctly. It's on our backlog and does not have priority right now unfortunately. I do agree our support may have given false info though... So in that sense you have been brushed off. I'm sorry for that.
    I never criticized the developers, once. I never communicated that my expectations were not met. I bought a product, tried it, found it didn't work for my very niche use case. It's beta, I get it. I'm not mad - a tad disappointed, but I am loading the beta updates literally every time they come through hoping it will work. I didn't return the product because I want it to work, I want to support the company, I want to help the developers get this working on my car!

I will say - wireless CarPlay with an iPhone works perfectly on the Polestar! It's a cool product. I am just hoping that AA over CarPlay will come through some day. In no way do I want to discourage the devs - please, please keep trying to get AA over CarPlay to work on my Polestar! I'd pay 2x for it :D

You guys don't even remotely put out a paperweight. You got me in the beta super quick, you're updating all the time. I definitely have a good impression of Snirpo and I know you'll sell plenty more of these once AA starts working on Polestars. The Polestar forums are dying to get something that works!
    Well that did not work, because the phone, a Pixel 7A, turned both Bluetooth and Wifi back on :eek: Tried it numerous times in the car with same results, away from the car both settings remained off as expected. I also want to keep Bluetooth on for hands free phone calls.
    We can add a feature to disable AAW temporarily. Will probably add it as an "app shortcut" so you can place it on your homescreen.
    This thread is dedicated for AAWireless users.

AAWireless is a device which allows you to transform your existing wired Android Auto compatible unit into a Wireless Android Auto unit.

General chat, experience sharing and community support should be expected as well as support from the developers of the product: @Snirpo and myself.
    I used to get the same thing. I believe it is an issue with AA/Google rather than AAW. In any event, I have had to give up on AAW as I can't connect to it/won't update, just sits there with a constant light-blue light. It is a (very expensive) paper weight on my desk now. It is just "too Beta" for my requirements.

I have now got a Carlink 2022 Android box which works flawlessly for me.
    MG ZS EV 2022
    Galaxy S21 Ultra (not rooted)
    I know I should ignore these posts, but these are the comments why I'm honestly considering completely dropping out any forum / reddit / social media. What's the point? We have support, we have warranty, we have a refund policy. It might be "beta" for you, but we shipped over 100k devices and believe me or not, for most, it just works. It's the same thing for all of these dongles. They will not work perfectly for all, there are just too many variables.
    I just want to leave a big THANK YOU for the developers! You invented a great product and do a great job here.

Anyone who has ordered the product knows that it is a crowdfunding project, which may also have teething problems. I find it cheeky to get upset about problems, even though they are dealt with promptly here. What more should the distributors do than react to the problems here and offer solutions?

I also have problems with the device, but I was helped quickly. Even if it takes a few days.

Dear team: Keep up the good work!
    Very close to release of 2.1.0 now. We fixed the UConnect issue, except for some cases where you still have to re-plug the device, but this is also the case on the MA1.
    We fixed the "VW Headunit crashing on skipping tracks" issue now completely. Confirmed it's a bug on the HU side, latency makes it worse. We will probably push a new firmware by the end of this week.
    I will also submit a bug report to Google, cause they can fix/workaround this issue as well for cabled users.