• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ABANDONED] AndroPlusKernel v43

Search This thread

Barthlon

Oct 30, 2008
i am very willing to try stuff like twrp and kernels, but right now i'm too scared to lose drm.

what are the odds of restoring the functionality later on? or would it not be possible without a backup of your own specific device?

Azdian

Dec 23, 2009
Great work, everything is working fine. Xposed installed, camera works with no force-closing.

Edit: @AndroPlus Do you are you using kcal? any preferred settings?

Last edited:

Barthlon

Oct 30, 2008
ok question. i might just take the leap and unlock the phone and install a custom recovery and kernel and flash my own decrapped rom.... blabla bla losing drm.

i don't care about x-reality so that's one off the list. the other one is (of course) camera (low light) quality..

in what situation will you notice difference in quality? only low light shots? only in auto mode or also in manual mode?

am i missing some other important stuff that i'll lose with drm?

thanks in advance :)

Alex1911

Aug 13, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
@AndroPlus

Hi, nice and lean working Kernel, works perfect ^^

I have a question:

Are the 4 Core's from little.CPU normally always online or do they use a hotplug-solution ? if yes is it seperatly managed from the big.CPU or together ?

Edit: i got a issue with my Z5 (E6653), when connected to my pc, the Z5 always reconnect after some time, any solution or probaly workaround ?

Best Regard's

Alex1911

AndroPlus

@AndroPlus

Hi, nice and lean working Kernel, works perfect ^^

I have a question:

Are the 4 Core's from little.CPU normally always online or do they use a hotplug-solution ? if yes is it seperatly managed from the big.CPU or together ?

Edit: i got a issue with my Z5 (E6653), when connected to my pc, the Z5 always reconnect after some time, any solution or probaly workaround ?

Best Regard's

Alex1911
I think LITTLE cores are controlled by qcom's hotplug.
I'll look into the USB connection bug.

beefy143

Aug 24, 2015
Hello, i would like to start by saying thank you for all your hard work :D appreciated i have used your kernels from v1 to v5 with out a problem but after updating to version 6 this morning my phone boots come on completely shows my home screen then the notification light blinks red a few times and it boot loops like that over and over. going to try flashing version 5 back for now see if that fixes my issue.

EDIT: befor i tried the steps above i tried flashing the update zip again in the recovery and all is well again :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ***ABANDONED***
    So... let's build:D
    https://twitter.com/devjerpelea/status/707500612020207616

[EDIT]
    I uploaded Z5_AndroPlusKernel_Permissive_6.0test01.zip.
    It does boot but I need to rebuild TWRP with some changes...
    uploaded v34, updated to support 32.2.A.0.253;)
    I uploaded v29 (only for Z5 for now) and added support for tap to enter recovery.
    Tap screen when LED is blue, or press volume up/down when LED is orange.

Note: If you have problem like "Android OS is the highest app in battery stats" or "Something is always runnning in battery stats", clear Kernel Adiutor's data and reconfigure.
    Sometimes settings got broken after flashing kernel and Kernel Adiutor causes battery drain bug.
    I found the problem was in my kernel config...
    I was overwriting config by editing kitakami_defconfig, and I had to move overwriting to common_diffconfig which is automatically loaded when you run "export KBUILD_DIFFCONFIG=***".

I uploaded Z5_AndroPlusKernel_Permissive_6.0test02.zip and now you can install SuperSU from TWRP!