[Abandoned] Rogers Rom Repository (A Collection of Outdated Rogers/32A Ports)

Search This thread

minogue

Jan 31, 2009
Elizabeth
Great Repository.. Thank you very much for taking your time and organizing things for us!

im new to the sapphire forum as i was a dream user for a long time. but things dont seem much different exept for better performance on my rogers 288MB Magic.

lotacus

Jul 22, 2009
I'd stick with the hero rom but all these people moding the roms seem to always forget to apply the original camera app to get rid of the buggy one, forget about the timestamp fix (for rogers). I am going back to the HoFo ROM because it has all those fixes, I will miss the Hero rom though, until all those fixes are in place.

rajeevsudra

Feb 28, 2008
Montreal
Does anybody know if it's possible to restore the Rogers splash screen as I flashed it to another gif, or would any of you have the white on black logo so that I can restore it. I have to get it exchanged so I can't give it back with this obviously not stock splash screen.

Thanks

(ps. great thread, thanks for putting it together)

rajeevsudra

Feb 28, 2008
Montreal
Does anybody know if it's possible to restore the Rogers splash screen as I flashed it to another gif, or would any of you have the white on black logo so that I can restore it. I have to get it exchanged so I can't give it back with this obviously not stock splash screen.

Thanks

(ps. great thread, thanks for putting it together)

Or if anybody can tell me which directory and under which name it is stored I can get it from an unaltered device.

Thanks Again!:)

frankinmerth

Jul 9, 2009
experience with cyanogen rom

I've been using cyanogen a few days but so far am stuck with:
-wifi doesn't work
-business mail/exchange sync doesn't work

Other than that its a great rom, my battery use has been extremely low, things are pretty quick.

I do miss the hero 'swipe to answer/unlock' behavior, as trying to find the little call button on the magic if you're in a rush digging the phone out of a bag can be a hassle.

Also a few people have commented that things seemed quiet, perhaps one of the volume mods (Amon-RA mentioned he was going to incorporate a volume fix in his as well) is in order.

Still hunting for the perfect rom, but this one's been pretty good :)

maxqc

Dec 4, 2007
I've been using cyanogen a few days but so far am stuck with:
-wifi doesn't work
-business mail/exchange sync doesn't work

Other than that its a great rom, my battery use has been extremely low, things are pretty quick.

I do miss the hero 'swipe to answer/unlock' behavior, as trying to find the little call button on the magic if you're in a rush digging the phone out of a bag can be a hassle.

Also a few people have commented that things seemed quiet, perhaps one of the volume mods (Amon-RA mentioned he was going to incorporate a volume fix in his as well) is in order.

Still hunting for the perfect rom, but this one's been pretty good :)

Try Amon_RAs Hybrid Rom ... For me, now, it's the best one... Low battery usage and WIFI work so I choose this one over cyanogen's ROM

frankinmerth

Jul 9, 2009
Try Amon_RAs Hybrid Rom ... For me, now, it's the best one... Low battery usage and WIFI work so I choose this one over cyanogen's ROM

Alright going to try that now :) Thanks.

update:
APN/3g - check
Work Email - check
Hotmail - check
wifi connect - check

So far so good :)

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2009
Waterloo
I created an account just for this. I have been defeated and I am dragging my tail between my legs... I need help.

the details on the phone are:
Its a HTC magic through Rogers
sapphire PVT 32A SHIP S-ON H
HBOOT-1.33.0009 (SAPP50000)
CPLD-12
RADIO-03 22.20.17
May 8, 2009, 21:02:32

I flashed my HTC magic (rogers carrier) with the HTC hero ROM, I had it for a day. I chose to revert back to my nandroid save of my original rogers ROM but failed. The message I got was

C:\android\>fastboot erase system -w
erasing 'system'... OKAY
erasing 'userdata'... OKAY
erasing 'cache'... OKAY

C:\android\>fastboot erase boot
erasing 'boot'... OKAY

C:\android\>fastboot flash system system.img
sending 'system' (73515 KB)... OKAY
writing 'system'... INFOsignature checking...
FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)

C:\android\>

at this point the only thing that phone does is boot into the Rogers logo screen and says fastboot on the top left when the USB is plugged in.

I can still enter into the fastboot screen by holding BACK+POWER
is there anyway i can save my phone?

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2009
Waterloo
I'm at work right now, but I'll give it a try first thing when I get home.
Do you think using the Rogers Original Wiped Rom (at the start of the thread) will work?

I'll try the one you recommended and then restore my save through there.
I'll post results

Thank you for the help

xiutian

Jul 16, 2009
Don't think you'll need to flash any ROMS, just fastboot the Amon_RA's recovery image and restore nandroid backup from there.

maxqc

Dec 4, 2007
Hi,

I think this ROM would deserve to figure in the Sapphire 32A repository too :

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=538588

Testing it actually and I must say it's really snappy :D

Could a moderator also pin this thread maybe ?

Thanks

+1
Using it since this morning and this is by far the fastest HERO Rom I tried. It's as fast as some ION ROM IMHO (except for a few apps but overall, really fast)

Good stuff!! The best HERO ROM to me.