• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

*ABANDONED* [ROM][OOS10][11.0] PE for Nord N10 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

kronflux

Jun 6, 2012
Edmonton
Samsung Galaxy S7
Google Pixel 2
Thank you for that explanation. That being the case, would you anticipate that since the stock 11.0.2 has been pushed to our n10 5gs there will be eventually a custom rom that can be installed without downgrading? Or has the work stopped on this device. (I had previously used your "official" billie release non-plus version and thought it was great, so I was interested in trying the "plus" version, but I have been on stock 11.0.2 so I will have to decide what to do now...) Regarding TWRP, do you know if there is a version compatible with 11 that also will support restoring a backup? A while back I tried billie 3.5.2 but the restore function did not work, maybe I was doing something wrong, but all of this would be so much easier if we could create reliable backups and be able to restore our backups. Thanks again for your expertise, greatly appreciated....
IF/when OnePlus re-syncs the Android 11 kernel, we should be able to compile a rom that can be flashed over both Oxygen OS 10 and 11, but they still have yet to give us any indication they intend to re-sync. So it really is an IF situation, not a when, sadly.
I've been badgering them for months, with no success.

As for TWRP, the 'most' functional build is the original Billaids release, however none of them can properly back up and restore. This seems to be a complication with both trying to remain compatible with both OxygenOS 10 and 11, as well as TWRP simply not playing nice with A/B devices.
I believe Eduardo is going to have another go at it soon, with the release of TWRP 3.6.0, so fingers crossed the A/B support is a bit stronger.

Reactions: kbs24

kbs24

May 5, 2010
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Phew, had a heck of a time. Could not get msm tool to work, no matter what I did. Couldn't downgrade to 10. So I installed on top of 11.0.2. Took a while because of having to turn on adb often. Then stuck on endless "G" logo. I managed to get out of that after finally getting to boot into bootloader and then recovery and then one final wipe and then a reboot from recovery. A miracle I thought. Now, running okay, except for very stuttery scrolling. But, for the life of me, I cannot see any difference between the plain Pixel Experience rom that I had used a few weeks ago and this one, the Pixel Plus. Is there a difference? I would like to know so I can properly appreciate it. And if I ultimately decide to go back to stock it will be a challenge I guess with all the trouble using MSM tool. Also, is the magisk patched image 2300 applicable to the 1114 rom update? I would like to root. Thanks!

ca5bah

Jun 22, 2013
I actually could only get it to install on OOS11, not OOS10 like it is supposed to be. I got a soft brick with the Qualcomm crash dump when I attempted flashing the rom on OOS10, I MSM'd back, updated to 11, and it flashed just fine.

Reactions: BTK19

msi68

Mar 30, 2021
I actually could only get it to install on OOS11, not OOS10 like it is supposed to be. I got a soft brick with the Qualcomm crash dump when I attempted flashing the rom on OOS10, I MSM'd back, updated to 11, and it flashed just fine.
Download copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip script and adb sideload it before booting OOS10.

junk0

Jun 13, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Upgraded from Oct version to the 11/14 update. The update went well but I can confirm...

Issues:
Gpay not working
SafetyNet reports - cts profile match fail

This was working on Oct version. No magisk. No root. Just flashed the rom.

Any further testing or log info needed?

kronflux

Jun 6, 2012
Edmonton
Samsung Galaxy S7
Google Pixel 2
Upgraded from Oct version to the 11/14 update. The update went well but I can confirm...

Issues:
Gpay not working
SafetyNet reports - cts profile match fail

This was working on Oct version. No magisk. No root. Just flashed the rom.

Any further testing or log info needed?
Not entirely sure where it went wrong, but I'm using it as my daily driver, and I actively use GPay almost daily...
I'll upload another update today, just in case there was some oddity with that build and your particular setup, but it 'should' be working..

kronflux

Jun 6, 2012
Edmonton
Samsung Galaxy S7
Google Pixel 2

junk0

Jun 13, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Not entirely sure where it went wrong, but I'm using it as my daily driver, and I actively use GPay almost daily...
I'll upload another update today, just in case there was some oddity with that build and your particular setup, but it 'should' be working..
I realized I just tried this & reported before doing a clean flash... Rookie mistake. Normally, once I'm on PE I didn't have to erase data each time I upgrade.

But in additional research NFC will not fully turn on. I can hit the toggle but then when I check it is not on.

I will do a clean flash with the current version later & report back. I will then try the new version you post also.

@kronflux Have you been able to flash over the current version without erasing data or are you erasing and reinstalling everything each time?

kronflux

Jun 6, 2012
Edmonton
Samsung Galaxy S7
Google Pixel 2
I realized I just tried this & reported before doing a clean flash... Rookie mistake. Normally, once I'm on PE I didn't have to erase data each time I upgrade.

But in additional research NFC will not fully turn on. I can hit the toggle but then when I check it is not on.

I will do a clean flash with the current version later & report back. I will then try the new version you post also.

@kronflux Have you been able to flash over the current version without erasing data or are you erasing and reinstalling everything each time?
Turns out by patching over the current version for so long, something wasn't getting updated..
So yeah, you're correct. I did a fresh install and now it's no longer working - I'll start investigating and try to get a fix soon!
For now there is a slightly more stable update in the main post, but it doesn't solve this issue.

For now I have to actually take out my wallet when I pay :'(

Last edited:
Reactions: junk0

kronflux

Jun 6, 2012
Edmonton
Samsung Galaxy S7
Google Pixel 2
I have no need to, I was able to flash the PE recovery and rom just fine off of 11, when 10 would not work.
..... that makes zero sense, not only should PE not boot at all, but even if it did, there should be a bunch of stuff broken if you really were on OOS11..
Are you sure you didn't end up on OOS10? or that you're actually using PE? because that just simply shouldn't work at all. If it is actually working, and there aren't any other issues, please send some logcats of just basic functions like turning on and off wifi, hotspot, bluetooth, etc.

OOS11 adds a system_ext partition, and moved several things from their original location to that location, which PE 11 based on OOS10 simply cannot mount or use..
So we're all baffled here.

BTK19

Jan 25, 2021
Earth
Nexus 6
Moto G4 Plus
..... that makes zero sense, not only should PE not boot at all, but even if it did, there should be a bunch of stuff broken if you really were on OOS11..
Are you sure you didn't end up on OOS10? or that you're actually using PE? because that just simply shouldn't work at all. If it is actually working, and there aren't any other issues, please send some logcats of just basic functions like turning on and off wifi, hotspot, bluetooth, etc.

OOS11 adds a system_ext partition, and moved several things from their original location to that location, which PE 11 based on OOS10 simply cannot mount or use..
I am using derpfest and i was on 11 not 10 when i flashed it been using it since you released it last month with no problems

Last edited:
Reactions: ca5bah

ca5bah

Jun 22, 2013

I could only get the PE stuff to install properly without the crashdump using OOS11. I am 100% confident I am telling you my experience in full accuracy.

Reactions: BTK19

umaga2012

Jul 15, 2012
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
No. As stated multiple times in both the opening post and in this thread, it must be installed over OxygenOS 10.
You can either use MSM Download Tool to downgrade, or you can use this package I put together to install using fastboot.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/idyn307gaggfmt0/OnePlusNordN105G_Restore_OOS10.5.12.zip/file
How do I use this package with fastboot to downgrade to 00S10? Which commands should I use? Will it relock the bootloader? I really want to try out this ROM. Looking forward to your response.

kronflux

Jun 6, 2012
Edmonton
Samsung Galaxy S7
Google Pixel 2
How do I use this package with fastboot to downgrade to 00S10? Which commands should I use? Will it relock the bootloader? I really want to try out this ROM. Looking forward to your response.
There's a batch file you run (obviously only works under Windows, under other OS you'll have to do the commands manually)
It will not lock the bootloader, and it will work on both 10 and 11 to bring the device back to 10 stock
Once I install this ROM, can I flash Magisk.zip through the PE Recovery to gain root access?
No, you'll have to patch the boot image manually, or download a pre-patched one(I think someone had posted one in the other N10 forums sections)
Note I have zero experience with doing this, and this is not the place to ask for support for it.

umaga2012

Jul 15, 2012
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
There's a batch file you run (obviously only works under Windows, under other OS you'll have to do the commands manually)
It will not lock the bootloader, and it will work on both 10 and 11 to bring the device back to 10 stock

No, you'll have to patch the boot image manually, or download a pre-patched one(I think someone had posted one in the other N10 forums sections)
Note I have zero experience with doing this, and this is not the place to ask for support for it.
I've been stuck in bootloop (red dot,two white dots) since using the restore script. Even after wiping in recovery I'm still stuck. Please assist.

Top Liked Posts