[ABANDONED][ROM][Pixel 2][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 / 16.0 [walleye]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

spyngamerman

Oct 11, 2008
Thanks for the new build.Can I dirty flash This build over the last one?

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------

Edit:I tried clean flash and the1208 build is bootlooping.

I had the same issue until I updated to new Magisk Stable version. I had to go back to Stock OS though, My mobile network was not working at all.

damn i didn't notice that at first till you mentioned it yeah network is definitely broken with Tmobile and this latest gapps looks like i gotta revert and restore :(

jorgen2009

Feb 23, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I did a clean install, with TWRP after, just boot loops for me as well.

Sorry guys, I didn't have the time to test the latest build myself as I need to be on stock right now (the work profile created by Intelligent Hub keeps detecting Magisk and deletes itself). I will have to further investigate this, but that will be when I have more time. For now I took the latest build from the download section. I won't release a new build until it is tested by either myself or anyone else willing to test. PM me if you are willing to test a build

Reactions: almightysiman

spyngamerman

Oct 11, 2008
my device is bricked I tried reflashing Nov stock factory images with the flash all and then the Nov Lineage OS and then twrp so it matched what worked before. which seemed great till rebooting after and won't power on no lights when plugged in etc. Dealing with warranty repair with Google now and I'm so poor I have to wait for them to get my device first since I can't afford an 800 hold on my bank acct to have them send me the phone first. going to be a long 5-10 business days without a phone or 2FA on phone :(

out of the 10+ rooted devices, this is the first device I ever have had bricked
thankfully I set up an android 8VM with a backup of my 2FA accounts for work or id be super screwed.

spyngamerman

Oct 11, 2008
so has anyone else been able to suucessfully flash this version?

I just got my RMA'd device finally back only to find out it is not letting me unlock the bootloader even after factory resetting toggling it on then rebooting into bootloader and then fastboot oem unlock, fastbook flashing unlock, fastboot flashing unlock_critical, fastboot flashing lock_critical, all do not work and end up with

FAILED (remote: 'Flashing Unlock is not allowed
')
Finished. Total time: 0.002s

oh the joy according to them they are telling me its a trending issue across multiple phones and they claim they did not send me a Verizon device by accident. :(

Losing my faith in Google Phones

Reactions: mudeyz

Coeur Brisé

Dec 29, 2014
New York
Rooted my pixel 2 a week after i got it and have been waiting for a pie rom to install since i updated to pie. Currently im running stock rooted with latest december patch and im thinking about installing lineage. Hows the process installing this build and is it good for a daily driver? Ive run lineage before and loved it but switched to resurrection remix for the customization features.

Reactions: mudeyz

jorgen2009

Feb 23, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Rooted my pixel 2 a week after i got it and have been waiting for a pie rom to install since i updated to pie. Currently im running stock rooted with latest december patch and im thinking about installing lineage. Hows the process installing this build and is it good for a daily driver? Ive run lineage before and loved it but switched to resurrection remix for the customization features.
The latest sort of stable build (remember lineageos 16 is still in in early stage) was from November. I tried to get the December patches build in, but so far I haven't had any luck with that (thanks a lot to @almightysiman for testing these test builds)
Unfortunately I don't have the pixel 2 anymore (I have the pixel 3 now) and therefore won't be able to build any ROMs for it anymore. I want to thank everyone for running my builds and hope to see some of you in a future pixel 3 lineage thread. Merry Christmas

bleh815

May 6, 2010
Google Pixel 7
Thank you very much for making these builds and sharing them with us! I really appreciate your work. It's a pitty for us that you have switched devices. Is there a chance that you push your findinds and results upwards so that pixel 2 will receive official libeageos builds?

Wish you a merry christmas, too.

Reactions: jorgen2009

jorgen2009

Feb 23, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Thank you very much for making these builds and sharing them with us! I really appreciate your work. It's a pitty for us that you have switched devices. Is there a chance that you push your findinds and results upwards so that pixel 2 will receive official libeageos builds?

Wish you a merry christmas, too.
Unfortunately I'm in no way affiliated nor developer enough to be a lineage team member, or have any influence in it. I only know how to build a rom :)

brainard52

Aug 11, 2011
Regarding Project Fi

If I install this and I don't install GApps, will Project Fi's network switching still work?

leqacy

Jan 25, 2019
Build Instructions LineageOS 16.0 walleye

@jorgen2009 Thanks a lot for all your effort in working on Lineage for the Pixel 2! I understand you have moved on to a new device and can no longer provide builds for walleye.

I would be interested in continuing work on the Lineage 16.0 builds you have been working on. Would it be possible for you to share the build instructions you have so far, so that the community can build on your experience? That way we wouldn't have to start from scratch.
@GubblerJackson I saw you were successful building Lineage 16.0 too, maybe you could you share your build instructions as well?

Thanks a lot in advance!

munchy_cool

Apr 6, 2008
void (0)
The latest sort of stable build (remember lineageos 16 is still in in early stage) was from November. I tried to get the December patches build in, but so far I haven't had any luck with that (thanks a lot to @almightysiman for testing these test builds)
Unfortunately I don't have the pixel 2 anymore (I have the pixel 3 now) and therefore won't be able to build any ROMs for it anymore. I want to thank everyone for running my builds and hope to see some of you in a future pixel 3 lineage thread. Merry Christmas

damn bro ..you jumped ship ..i thought we were waiting for Pixel 4 before jumping :silly::silly:

thx for all your work on walleye bro ..enjoy blueline :highfive:

Reactions: jorgen2009

jorgen2009

Feb 23, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
damn bro ..you jumped ship ..i thought we were waiting for Pixel 4 before jumping :silly::silly:

thx for all your work on walleye bro ..enjoy blueline :highfive:
Haha, I'm sure I'll be jumping then as well. The Pixel 3 is an amazing phone, but equally hard to build Lineage on:) My first build build perfectly, but it kept on bootlooping. Damn those Pixels lol

Reactions: munchy_cool
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FIESRqslEiR2gr0amHcsOU_vIQpE%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fupload.wikimedia.org%252Fwikipedia%252Fcommons%252Fthumb%252Fb%252Fbe%252FLineage_OS_Logo.png%252F640px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

LineageOS is a free and open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform.

This is an unofficial build of LineageOS for the Pixel 2 (walleye). I always liked Lineage (and its predecessor CyanogenMOD) as well as the Google line of phones. Unfortunately having a Google Pixel phone isn't certainty for a lot of custom ROMS anymore, so that's why I decided to compile my own version. It's been quite challeging, but I think I finally have a build that is good enough to share.

About
    This ROM is is always built straight from the LineageOS sources found on https://github.com/lineageos. There are only 3 changes in order to get this build:
    1. The binaries for this ROM come from AICP
    2. GApps are compiled with the ROM from MindTheGapps including the Pixel specific bits for unlimited photo upload for instance
    3. Disabled Android Verity Boot (AVB), so we don't get the security warning when booting
    I am not a developer, I only build this ROM and it reflects the the current status. If there are any things missing or not working I suggest to contact the LineageOS team, they are the real geniuses here and deserve all the credits. I will try to keep this ROM updated on a regular basis.

First Installation
    Installing the ROM can be a little hard, especially the first install. Upgrades will be relatively easy though. This first setup is only needed when coming from a different ROM then this. I can't support you if you did't follow this first installation. Be warned it will wipe your user data in the process
    1. In order to get the initial setup and also to use the same vendor partition as the ROM you have to install the latest stock Pixel 2 image from Google found here. More info on unlocking your phone and installing the latest Pixel image can be found in the excellent post by @nathanchance found here. The bestway to flash a stock ROM in my opinion is @Deuces' script found here. The benefit of this is that it'll flash the image to both slots, so they are both on the latest build, including the bootloader and radio. All instructions for using the script are inside the forum. After flashing the image make sure you reboot at least once (no need to set it up now though).
    2. Place the ROM and optionally the TWRP zip and root from (Magisk or from LineageOS (not tested) on the phone and reboot to recovery by using the command line (fastboot boot twrp.img)
    3. Wipe 'data' and 'Dalvik / Art Cache' from TWRP - Wipe - Advanced Wipe. Optionally you should also delete the Android folder on your internal storage through the TWRP File Manager
    4. Flash the ROM and optionally the TWRP zip and reboot the phone

Upgrades to new version
    After the hard initial work to get the ROM installed it's going to be easy for upgrades to new versions.
    1. Download the new ROM and reboot of flash to TWRP
    2. Flash the new ROM and optionally TWRP. If you want to flash another kernel or a root solution you will have to reboot you phone, so it switches slots and let it boot normally. Then go back to recovery and flash in this order: TWRP - kernel - Magisk and reboot
    After a monthly update from Google and only when LineageOS also adapted to the latest monthly sources (I will tell you this) you will have to do an extra step:
    1. Download the latest Lineage OS ROM and place it on the internal storage
    2. Download the latest image from the Google Factory Images site and run Deuces' script. No need to wipe your data!
    3. After the script finishes it automatically boots into the bootloader. From here fastboot into TWRP and flash the previously downloaded new ROM, optionally followed by TWRP.
    4. Optionally, after a reboot you can flash Magisk and/or another kernel.

Not working
    • Substratum
    • Use Powerbutton for flashlight when Ambient Display is set
    • Active Edge
    • Now playing
    Downloads
    I'm not maintaining this project anymore, download link has been removed.

Happy flashing :)
    Another build is up. This time I used OpenGapps so you might need to clear the Store cache. I had no problems upgrading myself. The Text-to-speech improved a lot with these Gapps for me.
    New in this build is the LED light when charging and some basic stuff for more compatibility with our device and some networks. Also all the normal changes since the last build for LineageOS are in of course. For the download link see the OP. I also adjusted the OP a bit to show the things that are known not to work. Let me know if I missed something so I can adjust the list
    Everyone who has had a rom thread has closed the thread for different reasons, time, family, frustration or lack of support etc...

I see don't see why we should be negative and assumee the same is the case with this build. Every rom thread has produced better and more stable builds as time progressed.
    @Joregen2009, I have seen your name around before, appreciate you building!!

It's my pleasure. I only wanted to share my build, because I know that many of you much be as frustrated as me for the lack of ROMs for our device.
    We'll see how long this thread will hold. If it's up to me I'll try to provide at least a weekly build from the actual sources, or whenever there are some major changes in the sources that are important for our device until the Lineage Team declares our device official. Let's hope that happens soon and that this thread can contribute to that.
    For the adventurors amongst us, I placed a preview of Lineage Is 16.0 in the non gapps folder. It's not really ready yet, but It is a very nice start. If you want Gapps you can use the new 9.0 versions of OpenGapps. Since it's very premature I'm not supporting this preview, your on your own here

Thanks to @GubblerJackson for pointing me in the right direction
    Another week, another update. As usual including all the updates from LineageOS and OpenGapps up till about 3 hours ago. See OP for the downloadlink and md5sum.

If you get an error form the play store or instant apps app, just clear the app data (Settings - Apps & notifications - See all apps - dot menu - Show system) and you'll be fine again