Question About battery capacity and pmic

Search This thread

Tsuragi

May 26, 2016
Santiago
Moto E
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hello, i charged my poco x3 pro to 80%, accubattery indicated that the battery was at 4.2v and at 4800mah, i restart the bootloader and restart again and now I have 100% battery at 4.2v with 5060mah
Is this that just happened the fault of the pmic? or is it a bug in the bootloader?

on older motorola models, I remember updating the firmware also contained a pmic.img, something like:
fastboot flash pmic_a pmic.img
if something like this existed for the device, would it help?
do I need to charge to 100% every time when i change roms to make sure i have good battery voltage?
i say to avoid establishing a 100% wrong in the battery.

thorin0815

Apr 27, 2017
Germany
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Simply charge your device up to 100% and your problem is solved.

A lot of people worry way too much about the battery. I have always charged my devices to 100% and have never noticed a noticeable drop in capacity over the years. My oldest device still in use has been charging from 1-5% to 100% for 6 years.

Haldi4803

Oct 14, 2010
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
Xperia XZ2
Chargin to 100% is not the same as fully charging!
Use the App Battery Log by example: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kr.hwangti.batterylog&hl=de_CH&gl=US
If you charge from 99% to 100% it takes a few Minutes. from 100% to "Full" takes WAY Longer.
Same if you plug a USB Power Monitor and measure how much current flows trough your charger. Even if the phone says 100% there is still more going in.

So connect it to the charger over night and restart the next morning.
There are also people saying "You need to shut the phone down and charge it then" but imho that makes no difference.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Hello, i charged my poco x3 pro to 80%, accubattery indicated that the battery was at 4.2v and at 4800mah, i restart the bootloader and restart again and now I have 100% battery at 4.2v with 5060mah
Is this that just happened the fault of the pmic? or is it a bug in the bootloader?

on older motorola models, I remember updating the firmware also contained a pmic.img, something like:
fastboot flash pmic_a pmic.img
if something like this existed for the device, would it help?
do I need to charge to 100% every time when i change roms to make sure i have good battery voltage?
i say to avoid establishing a 100% wrong in the battery.

If you get root, use command in terminal:
Code:
su
dumpsys battery

Or with PC adb command line:
Code:
adb shell dumpsys battery

nasrhamho

Mar 20, 2019
Good afternoon! My battery behaves exactly the same, after switching to the bootloader and back to the system, the indicators change a lot, it was 85% after the reboot it became 100%, did you manage to find out the reason ?!