About Custom Rom

Search This thread

Rajin S Rafi

Feb 12, 2021
I am going to install Evulation X 5.2 [11] in my redmi note 8 [ginko]. Does I need to flash any karnel with Evulation X?
While my phone is now on MIUI 12.0.1.0.[10]

MichaelMay

Nov 15, 2020
I am going to install Evulation X 5.2 [11] in my redmi note 8 [ginko]. Does I need to flash any karnel with Evulation X?

Why start a new thread? Ask in the thread instead.

The answer to your question is always no, no matter what ROM you install, the answer is always, for this device and ALL others, no.

All ROM's come with a kernel and you should use that kernel because the dev chose it. If you install another kernel, never report a problem to the ROM dev.

The truth is, users **** up their devices with installing the latest kernel and ROM maintainers get flack for it not working but in reality, you might save one percent over a day of battery and might get placebo effects but in reality every ROM on this fora has a kernel that is damn near as good as it can get.

In some cases people don't seem to know what they are doing though, incluging age old code for no reason that isn't even used is one of those instances and in most cases including everything AND the kitchen sink is a bad idea.

What you should look for in a kernel is the devs own changes and that it is up to date, it shouldn't include crap like powersuspend (which is a remnant from the days before doze, dating back to android 4, it should also not use crap like simple LMK or LMK at all, android handles that far better and has an AI interface to deal with it better over time, saving apps that you often use in memory (seriously, devs STOP IT!) nor should it use rejected crap from the LMK like wq_power_saving because all that does is create mote overhead. That issue was solved in 3.18.

Reactions: Rajin S Rafi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Why start a new thread? Ask in the thread instead.

The answer to your question is always no, no matter what ROM you install, the answer is always, for this device and ALL others, no.

All ROM's come with a kernel and you should use that kernel because the dev chose it. If you install another kernel, never report a problem to the ROM dev.

The truth is, users **** up their devices with installing the latest kernel and ROM maintainers get flack for it not working but in reality, you might save one percent over a day of battery and might get placebo effects but in reality every ROM on this fora has a kernel that is damn near as good as it can get.

In some cases people don't seem to know what they are doing though, incluging age old code for no reason that isn't even used is one of those instances and in most cases including everything AND the kitchen sink is a bad idea.

What you should look for in a kernel is the devs own changes and that it is up to date, it shouldn't include crap like powersuspend (which is a remnant from the days before doze, dating back to android 4, it should also not use crap like simple LMK or LMK at all, android handles that far better and has an AI interface to deal with it better over time, saving apps that you often use in memory (seriously, devs STOP IT!) nor should it use rejected crap from the LMK like wq_power_saving because all that does is create mote overhead. That issue was solved in 3.18.