About ghost touch

Search This thread

krazzysamm

Jun 15, 2016
Is ANYBODY have Idea to fix ghost touch in MOTO G4 PLUS,it's very very irritating?? Any person have any idea please SHARE IT??:(

sai444

Jul 28, 2012
Visakhapatnam
Is ANYBODY have Idea to fix ghost touch in MOTO G4 PLUS,it's very very irritating?? Any person have any idea please SHARE IT??:(
Submit your phone to the service center after conforming whether they know how to fix it or not. If they say no. Post the address and contact details of the service center in the following forum . Lenovo representatives will contact them on solving it.
Forum- https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G...ging-issue-quot-ghost-touch-quot/td-p/3337242

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Submit your phone to the service center after conforming whether they know how to fix it or not. If they say no. Post the address and contact details of the service center in the following forum . Lenovo representatives will contact them on solving it.
Forum- https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G...ging-issue-quot-ghost-touch-quot/td-p/3337242

blueflash

Mar 23, 2006
Uk service centre

Don't believe UK has service centres to fix the issue, Lenovo customer service said return to supplier, which is no good as seems common problem.

If anyone knows how service centres are fixing them please post

krazzysamm

Jun 15, 2016
Don't believe UK has service centres to fix the issue, Lenovo customer service said return to supplier, which is no good as seems common problem.

If anyone knows how service centres are fixing them please post
Hey I M from India,but It is a hardware problem not a software problem,so I should go to Motorola centre or lenovo?

smitharro

Jan 2, 2012
Blokker
I have the issue too... Imho the stock rom is highly unstable... The phone getting hot, ghost touches and an earphone channel sometimes working and sometimes not! Furthermore we have the quadroot vulnerability. Time for an update from Lenovo/Motorola. Or better: CyanogenMod!

Send with my Moto G4 Plus (XT1642) using Tapatalk!

cerberusss

Apr 21, 2016
Capital
This helped me-
Go to settings- battery - battery optimization. Now set system UI and google now launcher to not optimized. And restart your phone.

Last edited:

MemaG

Oct 12, 2016
Wow this worked Thanks a bunch

This helped me-
Go to settings- battery - battery optimization. Now set system UI and google now launcher to not optimized. And restart your phone.

This worked so far, did it this morning and so far I haven't had the phone freak out. Thank you so much for figuring this one out.

cerberusss

Apr 21, 2016
Capital
I found this on Moto X Pure thread on reddit
"Thanks to one of /u/jumnhy's suggestions, I decided to put some electrical tape around and on the digitizer and lcd connections inside the phone. After isolating these connectors with the tape, the problem went away all together. Anybody that finds this thread later on, it might be worth trying if you're trying to save yourself from buying an entire new display like I was."

tech virus

Sep 6, 2014
chennai
hey hey hey fellas....atlast found something which satisfies everyone regarding ghost touch....the latest qualcomm has made severe changes inside turbo powered charger which couldn't able to stabilize the input voltage fluctuations. and that is why we all expirence ghost touch... i even checked my socket with Multimeter...hell yeah that was true....

atlast ive plugged stock moto turbo charger to the stabilizer, believe it or not i played nova 3 for exactly 44 mins beside charge was on !

so this caused ghost touch !

hope you guys understood :)

Last edited:

Adrian Leonardo

May 22, 2017
Hola, Consuñta para el moto g4 plus y el ghost touch

I found this on Moto X Pure thread on reddit
"Thanks to one of /u/jumnhy's suggestions, I decided to put some electrical tape around and on the digitizer and lcd connections inside the phone. After isolating these connectors with the tape, the problem went away all together. Anybody that finds this thread later on, it might be worth trying if you're trying to save yourself from buying an entire new display like I was."

Hola, estaba leyendo que pusiste cinta aisladora en el flex del lcd y del digitalizador. lo abriste y aislaste el interior para que no toque cerca del marco? Despues de poner la cinta aisladora la carcasa cierra bien? Tengo 2 g4 plus y me están volviendo loco, no quiero comprar una pantalla, gracias por la data, lo quiero intentar .
Tuviste que despegar el digitalizador de la pantalla? porque tengo entendido que es bastante complicado sin rin romper el lcd.
Adrián.

Last edited:

artwisbr

Mar 14, 2017
I found something interesting and that you might not know or imagine, but there was a time when I couldnt use my phone outdoors. Every time I tried to write my password the ghost touch appeared And all those things we face. And its related to autobright system when in places with a lot of sun interfering. When I deactivated autobrightness the problem disappeared when I tried to use the phone on the street. Dont know if its a coincidence, but you might try. Looks like the screen cant handle high brightness for a long time

Reactions: padre629

pooniaprashant

Sep 14, 2014
It isn't related to charger only, because ghost touch is also visible when u max the brightness

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

lukee986

Nov 14, 2013
It isn't related to charger only, because ghost touch is also visible when u max the brightness

I can confirm this. Originally I would only experience ghost touch when using the quick charger. However, I now experience it when the phone heats up or when I turn the brightness up - even when it is not charging. I have tried factory resets etc. but I believe it is a hardware-related issue. I will be sending it back to Lenovo asap for repairs and hopefully they can fix the issue.

pooniaprashant

Sep 14, 2014
I can confirm this. Originally I would only experience ghost touch when using the quick charger. However, I now experience it when the phone heats up or when I turn the brightness up - even when it is not charging. I have tried factory resets etc. but I believe it is a hardware-related issue. I will be sending it back to Lenovo asap for repairs and hopefully they can fix the issue.
Yup, on Lenovo forums mods have confirmed that the have provided service centres with a fix that would stop this without replacing the screens, I believe what they are doing is covering the digitiser with an insulating tape/film. Anyone who have got this fixed do mention his/her screen type using an app called "Dev check" on playstore, together let's fight this annoying engineering disaster [emoji23]

Smit01

Nov 30, 2012
And here i was thinking that it was my phone only which gets this ghost touch when brightness meter is increased, when a rom is flashed, it starts in recovery damn that is a nightmare. My phone is rooted and unlocked so hesitating to visit service center, any suggestions?

pooniaprashant

Sep 14, 2014
And here i was thinking that it was my phone only which gets this ghost touch when brightness meter is increased, when a rom is flashed, it starts in recovery damn that is a nightmare. My phone is rooted and unlocked so hesitating to visit service center, any suggestions?
If you don't wanna mess up anything then flash the stock firmware, relock the bootloader and visit the service centre. And if u wanna try out for yourself then then there's one thing I believe might work out, I haven't done this myself but I think this CAN solve the issue, try covering the digitiser with any insulating film/tape.
Again I would highly recommend you to relock the bootloader and visit service centre.
And do update your progress here, that would surely help others

Reactions: Smit01

Smit01

Nov 30, 2012
If you don't wanna mess up anything then flash the stock firmware, relock the bootloader and visit the service centre. And if u wanna try out for yourself then then there's one thing I believe might work out, I haven't done this myself but I think this CAN solve the issue, try covering the digitiser with any insulating film/tape.
Again I would highly recommend you to relock the bootloader and visit service centre.

Okay thanks I'll first try service center after going to stock and stuff , i posted this problem like 2 or some months ago but no one had the same issue so no one replied properly but now many are facing the same issue.

pooniaprashant

Sep 14, 2014
Okay thanks I'll first try service center after going to stock and stuff , i posted this problem like 2 or some months ago but no one had the same issue so no one replied properly but now many are facing the same issue.
As time passes many more would report the same

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I found something interesting and that you might not know or imagine, but there was a time when I couldnt use my phone outdoors. Every time I tried to write my password the ghost touch appeared And all those things we face. And its related to autobright system when in places with a lot of sun interfering. When I deactivated autobrightness the problem disappeared when I tried to use the phone on the street. Dont know if its a coincidence, but you might try. Looks like the screen cant handle high brightness for a long time