Question About morotolo China Rom

Search This thread

lawtq

Oct 12, 2011
Huawei Mate X2
You have it already? If so I want details. How're you finding it?

These China Roms usually have it hidden in the rom. Has to be activated by going into the Google settings if I remember correctly 🤔

ycxjq

Dec 27, 2021
Moto Edge X30

These China Roms usually have it hidden in the rom. Has to be activated by going into the Google settings if I remember correctly 🤔
you can just simply turn on
Screenshot_20211227-224851.png
Screenshot_20211227-224928-552.png

Reactions: matheus_sc

Joylesstuna

Dec 31, 2011
Hello I recently received my moto edge x30 from china where I am using it in Canada. Google services run just fine. GPS is good too. I have not run into any heating issues. This is the first Chinese ROM phone where it does not feel like a Chinese market phone. Extremely good device so far

Reactions: thuybang

psychedelicNerd

Mar 31, 2008
Do you guys know if a software update will wipe out root and bootloader locked status? There is a new update available for the chinese Rom. Wanted to know the steps that should be followed for rooted devices.

jazzynegfger

Jul 27, 2022
Hello I recently received my moto edge x30 from china where I am using it in Canada. Google services run just fine. GPS is good too. I have not run into any heating issues. This is the first Chinese ROM phone where it does not feel like a Chinese market phone. Extremely good device so far
hi man,can you tell me if android AUTO work and google assistant ? thanks for your help

StuDentBR

Oct 28, 2018
hi man,can you tell me if android AUTO work and google assistant ? thanks for your help
You need to root your device and systemize android auto app in order to make it work...
It's the only way I could get it to work.
There a tutorial in this same forum...
However you will not be able to install the android updates easily if you do this...

yuwai

Nov 14, 2010
Cn rom nfc work with Google pay? NFC TAP PAYMENT

redrooster62

Nov 6, 2022
Well I would really like to know how many Chinese apps there are that you can't get rid of if you could comment?
I tried a couple of Aliexpress sellers with the same Question and got nowhere.
Also in the description it says "English not 100% support" so I don't know what to expect there either.

Joylesstuna

Dec 31, 2011
Cn rom nfc work with Google pay? NFC TAP PAYMENT
Yes NFC works
Well I would really like to know how many Chinese apps there are that you can't get rid of if you could comment?
I tried a couple of Aliexpress sellers with the same Question and got nowhere.
Also in the description it says "English not 100% support" so I don't know what to expect there either.
I was able to get rid of all of those apps. The majority can be uninstalled a few like app center can be disabled. These are the apps I have on my phone. I used adb control to disable some additional Google apps. To me that is the one benefit of Chinese roms, just about anything can be uninstalled even system apps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221228-162952.png
    Screenshot_20221228-162952.png
    345.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20221228-162941.png
    Screenshot_20221228-162941.png
    364.4 KB · Views: 31

redrooster62

Nov 6, 2022
Yes NFC works

I was able to get rid of all of those apps. The majority can be uninstalled a few like app center can be disabled. These are the apps I have on my phone. I used adb control to disable some additional Google apps. To me that is the one benefit of Chinese roms, just about anything can be uninstalled even system apps.
Something doesn't make sense. I thought the CN Rom doesn't come with Google Apps and those are the ones we all want? Having asked that I would like to buy the CN Rom Motorola X30 because it is about $150 cheaper and it comes with the 68W charger whereas the USA Version only has the 30W charger (Edge + 2022) even though it can use the 68 W and 8GB Ram vs 12 on the CN version. I am not a tech person and don't want to try and learn how to use adb. If I just could uninstall all but 2 or 3 CN Apps I would get it but I read there is some other issues like Android auto doesn't work and some other things.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

you can just simply turn on
    Screenshot_20211227-224851.png
    Screenshot_20211227-224928-552.png
    Yes it has Google dialer, contacts, and messages. So far that only issue I have is caller id will sometimes display mandarin characters and update notes are in Mandarin as well. Gaming also results in thermal throttling and Battey life is slightly about average. I have ordered multiple Chinese phones before and this is the most stock one and hardly feels like a Chinese rom. Hopefully this helps as I use this phone in Canada as well. GPS works perfectly unlike my Chinese rom Black Shark 3.
    Thanks. I have decided to give up on a CN Rom Motorola as it would drive me crazy seeing any Mandarin after switching the settings to English and things like Android Auto won't work and there are other quirks I read about I just can't remember them now. Motorola USA has the Edge + 2022 on sale for a couple more days @ $499 US and I signed up for emails so I get another $25 discount. A little less phone than the deal on Giztop and no 68W charger but I won't have any user issues and that is the most important thing to me. It's not my hobby to screw with these cell phones in order to make them work. Thanks again...........