absolute garbage os. this is why i never upgrade software

Search This thread

rocketman122

Jul 2, 2014
had android 7
i did a factory reset to see if it would fix some issues. it didnt
so said after 2.5 years of owning phone maybe ill update to new android version. maybe that will alleviate some stresses i have from this poop phone.
wow what garbage went to android v8. nonstop bugs.
garbage new "enhancements". makes my blood boil

this is why i never update things unless its absolutely broken and no choice. i dont believe in updating and only believe in clean installs.

power button stops working randomly. i cant turn off the phone. only can take the battery out.

boots into safe mode and i need to reboot again. switches my keyboard from ms swipe back to the garbage oem one horrible keyboard that oem one

keeps harassing me to update even though ive tried to stop notifications reminding me. maybe im doing something wrong. i went into developer mode and have automatic updates turned off. but after v8 it doesnt work

everything lags like crazy. horribly slow

when it gets to 22% battery it shuts off. im using oem batteries only. i had aftermarket when it was new but they would shut off randomly so got rid of rhem. i have 4 oem. 2 newish

still same issue where i have no signal(no internet /data) at times in vertical mode and turn it horizontally signal bars increase and phone works again

gui is absolute crap. new colored buttons in settings like its a clown show. i absolute have no resprct for designers who feel they need to hide everything together to make it "seem" like its uncluttered. like rhe garbage new facebook gui. hiding everything with tons of clixks to get to it. tons of bugs there as well

no photo editing app is there

no 2nd screen is on when i have my phone off so if i want to see the clock i have to trun it on ot double tap. double tap doesn't work on first try. only 2nd time.

no editing bittons in 2nd screen

absolute garbage os. now to factory reset again and never to update again

i hope lg's phone section goes rhe way of bb/htc/ms/nokia. they just create garbage phones. and will never forgive for the bootloop issues in my g4 and hence why their markwt share is down the shets. feckem. let me rot.

rocketman122

Jul 2, 2014
Thw phone is so unstable i did a factory reset again thinking it would go back to v7 on my phone but that garbage v8 is burned into my rom on thw phone such a huge mistake ive not made in a long time

How do i get back v7 android? Help me out please
Do i need a seperate pc? Internet? What files please? This android 8 is absolute garbage

Completely ruined my familiar experience with the phone too much un your face with tons of nonsense popping up nonstop

Any guidance appreciated

texas7412

Mar 27, 2017
had android 7
i did a factory reset to see if it would fix some issues. it didnt
so said after 2.5 years of owning phone maybe ill update to new android version. maybe that will alleviate some stresses i have from this poop phone.
wow what garbage went to android v8. nonstop bugs.
garbage new "enhancements". makes my blood boil

this is why i never update things unless its absolutely broken and no choice. i dont believe in updating and only believe in clean installs.

power button stops working randomly. i cant turn off the phone. only can take the battery out.

boots into safe mode and i need to reboot again. switches my keyboard from ms swipe back to the garbage oem one horrible keyboard that oem one

keeps harassing me to update even though ive tried to stop notifications reminding me. maybe im doing something wrong. i went into developer mode and have automatic updates turned off. but after v8 it doesnt work

everything lags like crazy. horribly slow

when it gets to 22% battery it shuts off. im using oem batteries only. i had aftermarket when it was new but they would shut off randomly so got rid of rhem. i have 4 oem. 2 newish

still same issue where i have no signal(no internet /data) at times in vertical mode and turn it horizontally signal bars increase and phone works again

gui is absolute crap. new colored buttons in settings like its a clown show. i absolute have no resprct for designers who feel they need to hide everything together to make it "seem" like its uncluttered. like rhe garbage new facebook gui. hiding everything with tons of clixks to get to it. tons of bugs there as well

no photo editing app is there

no 2nd screen is on when i have my phone off so if i want to see the clock i have to trun it on ot double tap. double tap doesn't work on first try. only 2nd time.

no editing bittons in 2nd screen

absolute garbage os. now to factory reset again and never to update again

i hope lg's phone section goes rhe way of bb/htc/ms/nokia. they just create garbage phones. and will never forgive for the bootloop issues in my g4 and hence why their markwt share is down the shets. feckem. let me rot.

The battery issue, i know for me at least was an issue with the OEM batteries. Even brand new ones will shut off at decent a % left, The best i can say for that is go for an aftermarket battery. (if you really want to), I have a power button issue as well, Try putting a small piece of paper in the back of your phone, right above the SD card slot, (double folded usually works for me) That might solve your issue as well.

Your phone booting into recovery/safe mode etc sounds like a bad system install to me. Factory resetting unfortunately won't fix that. If your phone is rooted you can just reinstall your system via recovery. If not, if you have a computer handy, you can download a tool from LG called "LG Bridge". Plug in your phone via usb and click recovery to reinstall your system.(it will wipe everything. if you have an SD card take it out for safety)

The lag could be due to overheating, mine lagged at first on android 8 but quit. The lag could also be due to the bad install of the system as well.

Hopefully you could find some help. This is a great phone in my opinion. Working great for me!

nxb

Aug 19, 2010
Download the nougat KDZ from here and flash back. I tried oreo as well and was not too happy. Plus it's missing the patched camera libs.

rocketman122

Jul 2, 2014
broke the phone. punched it and snapped it in half. great relief. I should poop on it and send it back to lg

soon will be getting librem 5 and dsiconnect from google. feck all their tracking. no drive no gmail no maps/waze. nothing to do with them anymore. people dont realize how much information they readily give out. cc fingerprints private emails. all contacts/family. whatsapp and fb too. no fb. whatsapp is going as well.

Mysticblaze347

Jun 12, 2018
broke the phone. punched it and snapped it in half. great relief. I should poop on it and send it back to lg

soon will be getting librem 5 and dsiconnect from google. feck all their tracking. no drive no gmail no maps/waze. nothing to do with them anymore. people dont realize how much information they readily give out. cc fingerprints private emails. all contacts/family. whatsapp and fb too. no fb. whatsapp is going as well.

Lmao Broke it, I've done that.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone