Absolute thinnest case

Search This thread

corwin_amber

Dec 11, 2011
Pitaka Air Case. Unsure, if it is made for the s20. Mag Case is a little thicker but has metal plates embedded.

Air case is the absolut thinnest, imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamike77

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
Pitaka, it's expensive but worth it. Won't come off and doesn't feel flimsy like thin TPUs.
Unfortunately, like thin TPUs offers little protection especially for the screen but if you're into thin you're already aware of that.

synxx

Jul 18, 2011
Leeds
bare-cases.com

Use this on my S20 Ultra and can't tell there's a case on (apart from the feel in texture)

linux2525

May 12, 2020
X-Level Ultra Thin is 0.18mm

Half the thickness of most of the cases above .. grip is nice .. $10 from aliexpress ... similar material to my totallee

downbringer

Sep 24, 2009
Oxford
bare-cases.com

Use this on my S20 Ultra and can't tell there's a case on (apart from the feel in texture)

Bare cases are trash, and their customer service is equally trash. The small strip of the case that runs above the volume key cutout is flimsy. I'm on my 2nd bare case since the first started to deform after a couple of weeks. The 2nd case has now done the same. I bought one for my sister's s9, and the edges of the case of the start began to deform after a couple of weeks too.

Bought the Samsung Silicone Cover, it's a bit thicker than the barecase, but at least I can be certain it won't break on me after 2 weeks.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B083M3B2SW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

synxx

Jul 18, 2011
Leeds
Bare cases are trash, and their customer service is equally trash. The small strip of the case that runs above the volume key cutout is flimsy. I'm on my 2nd bare case since the first started to deform after a couple of weeks. The 2nd case has now done the same. I bought one for my sister's s9, and the edges of the case of the start began to deform after a couple of weeks too.

Bought the Samsung Silicone Cover, it's a bit thicker than the barecase, but at least I can be certain it won't break on me after 2 weeks.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B083M3B2SW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Really? Can't say I've had the same issue's at all. Customer services admittedly are abit slow at responding but not as bad as any other. I was sent a S20 case instead of a S20 Ultra at first so got in touch and they responded within 3 days, polite and friendly and got the correct case sent out to me.

Havnt had any issues with the case deforming or edges breaking as you mentioned though and I've had it around 5 months now.

How long did you have yours before you noticed issues? Cant imagine it was literally 2 weeks.

downbringer

Sep 24, 2009
Oxford
Really? Can't say I've had the same issue's at all. Customer services admittedly are abit slow at responding but not as bad as any other. I was sent a S20 case instead of a S20 Ultra at first so got in touch and they responded within 3 days, polite and friendly and got the correct case sent out to me.

Havnt had any issues with the case deforming or edges breaking as you mentioned though and I've had it around 5 months now.

How long did you have yours before you noticed issues? Cant imagine it was literally 2 weeks.

My first one I noticed the thin strip deforming after maybe 3 weeks. The second one I paid more attention to, and honestly started deforming around 2 weeks in. Not immediately noticeable, but it will get worse over time.
I don't know with the Ultra being a thicker phone in general the case might be more resilient deforming in the same spot, but on my S20+ it is most definitely a design fault.
The first reply from their customer service was prompt enough, but then had to wait over a week for a reply after that and then a further 3 days for a response after that point. Their initial response was I must be keeping my phone in tight jeans or taking the case on and off, but neither of those things are valid. Delivery of the replacement took around a month. Whilst I appreciate that I'm not based in that cheery US of A. Delivery to the UK should not have taken that long.

Overall 3/10, emphasises form over function, and fails at longevity. Plus I couldn't feel the side buttons through the side of it.

Top Liked Posts