AC8257 base unit - new Firmware + MCU update with Android 11 & Android Auto wireless

Search This thread

wanted99

Sep 27, 2022
Hi Can you please let us know how to extract and recompile system img file. That will help to put 360 apk which does not ask for activation and then everything along with wireless android auto will be working. Thanks
i think you can use ImgExtractor https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-how-to-extract-system-files-from-stock-firmware.2667610/

warning: i not already tested

i have boot.img rooted too. i will try this tonight before share file.

i will add some apk extracted from other firmware. not tested too.

Oh, i think i not have slow boot problem finaly. long boot only after 2 day. Everyting look normal.

i see you cant connect OBD2 in gui interface but when i configure obd2 bluetooth direct in the software. OBD2 work good. idk why

Attachments

• DSP_DSP.apk
    5.3 MB · Views: 39
  • DVR_Dvr.apk
    5.1 MB · Views: 31
  • EmCamera_EmCamera.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
  • EQ.apk
    18.1 MB · Views: 27
  • PhoneLink_B_Link.apk
    5.7 MB · Views: 41
  • Radio.apk
    29.3 MB · Views: 48
  • 360_AVM.apk
    7 MB · Views: 26

wanted99

Sep 27, 2022
Finaly i cant root because boot.img is too small... i have boot.img working with root but in not the good model and many problem after flash this. When i try with magisk i have boot.img little bit too huge. i cant flash this with spflash tool. Cuz of this i will not try to load whit adb command and probably cause brick on my device. Other solution is load this from recovery partition or resize all partition to get more huge boot partition....

i can but i not want risk my device. Sorry... the most small boot.img rooted i can have now is 10347 kb with magisk majesty for android 11. max size is 10 240 kb for this partition structure. Maybe someone will want change scatter file partition size and calculate offset to get space from other partition and do full format... but not me. lol

maybe i can broke your device for you..... looooooooool ;) a volunteer ?

i will add magisk majesty apk at this post

Attachments

• app-debug.apk
    12.7 MB · Views: 17

wanted99

Sep 27, 2022

WARNING - NOT USE THIS FILE - IS A TEST for 2600pro+ firmware​

I am not responsible for damage. at your risk. never test.​

ok, omg, is done :) i have change hex value in scatter file to

- resize boot.img partition (SYS27) little bit more huge.
- move next (SYS28)
- move and reduce next (SYS29) tee.img - space not use in this partition

I don't have the courage to test it ! hahaha

If someone want check the job, thank you...

in theory, it can't break the device because the bootloader is before...

*** YOU NEED CHECK "format + download" and select all partition. Because partition change size ****
-try without replace boot.img, keep all original file, just replace scatter file
-only for 2600pro+ file firmware
-flash just whit the new scatter file (normaly everyting will work same to original 2600pro+)

if not work - reflash with 2600pro+ original scatter file (format + download)

if work. replace boot.img by my boot.img rooted. and flash only boot partition. ( i already tested with a bad boot partition and not problem to reflash after)

After you will be rooted with magisk :) ( i think )

Do not use if you not really need root. is only for person need help to MOD this firmware and developer. Dont take this risk to use format cuz is really dangerous.... Rememder, if you change firmware again you need do full format to restore partition structure. for now is the same version. just new partition structure + rooted. If you test this come back to me if work or not. If someone can root boot.img with file smaller of 10 240 kb from original boot.img. Cool ! Send to me please. me, I did not succeed...

I'm going to think, if i test or not. My GF will kill me if i broke her Android Radio... looooooool

Attachments

• AC8257_Android_scatter.txt
    17.2 KB · Views: 12
  • boot - rooted.img
    10.1 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:

wanted99

Sep 27, 2022
just some precision for AP turn on and wifi disable automaticly is normal. When your phone make Bluetooth connection. Android car switch to Acces Point and you phone connect on this wifi AP to use Android Auto. Wireless Android Auto is not on bluetooth. Need Bluetooth and Wifi at same time. If you want keep your android car on wifi. Dont use android auto in wireless mode and use usb cable..... Android car cant not be an Wifi AP and Wifi client at same time.

wanted99

Sep 27, 2022
ummmm....
is the brand of this firmware...

ok. now is clear but 2600pro and 2600pro+, i not see the real difference.

i have 3g dongle from canada. Device not detect. In fact i have maybe 3x dongle of different brand but nothing work. Not detected. i know is possible whit "ppp widjet" app but you need root and is not really detected for "3g" device. Why i search an other way but i see this line in the build.prop.

#for Huawei E1750 3G module
ro.atc.e1750.support=0

i will change value to 1

bought a dongle that I will try. I'll let you know when I get it if work.

Last edited:

carfab

Feb 2, 2012
You need to go intro settings , update and restore , and then update , from there go to img, and click upgrade , after the update is complete , go to the same place and loof for 'mcu' then click upgrade

Please note that after the update you should wait like 3 minutes for all the apps to install
Hola, sigo las instrucciones como dices pero no puedo actualizar, aparece la siguiente imagen, no se que estoy haciendo mal, me puedes ayudar. Gracias.

Mod translation: Hello, I follow the instructions as you say but I can't update, the following image appears, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, can you help me. Thanks.

Attachments

• 1664862782790.jpg
    1664862782790.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
  • 1664862841431.jpg
    1664862841431.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
Last edited by a moderator:

wanted99

Sep 27, 2022
Hola, sigo las instrucciones como dices pero no puedo actualizar, aparece la siguiente imagen, no se que estoy haciendo mal, me puedes ayudar. Gracias.
tienes que ir al sistema, actualizar. este menu es solo para actualizar MTU... esta en otro lugar. Tenga en cuenta que existe la versión 2600pro y 2600pro+. es diferente.

Mod translation: you have to go to the system, update. this menu is only for updating MTU... it's somewhere else. Please note that there is 2600pro and 2600pro+ version. is different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: carfab

Badger50

Senior Moderator
Staff member
@carfab and @wanted99

Just a friendly reminder about XDA Rule #4:

4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

Thank you: Badger50

Reactions: carfab and wanted99

wanted99

Sep 27, 2022
### Backup tool and flash tool###

SP_Flash_Tool_v5.2152_Win.zip
and
WwR_2.50_Eng.zip

N.B: always remove long path or bad acsii in folder name, you will get error on sp flash tool
Begin by understand full backup procedure...

### Firmware ###
2600pro

2600pro+

2910 (for IPS screen)

N.B: for update on usb key you need go to system / update manually.

### Type enclosure ###

there are 2 types of config, Slim Build config, and 1Din config
please choose the right one for you
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Iona_Tj7IkkcJg_MjkhK0wrd6BmSqwcK/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sbCcMqJcq9-6I8yBU_GAZ4X487ovW7jC/view?usp=sharing

### password ###

Reactions: carfab

wanted99

Sep 27, 2022
be careful, I noticed that you could unlock a lot more with passwords. it all depends on what password where... but I never found the password of the orange box... i think is for add UI. because i found many screenshot of UI in system/app/Misc/Misc.apk. Maybe is just garbage file but is suspect.... i know Eonon Ac8257 device have app UI downloader online. but i not found backup of this firmware. Anyway, if someone know this password. ur welcome ;)

Attachments

• menu1.png
    menu1.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 42
  • menu2.png
    menu2.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20221004-230800.png
    Screenshot_20221004-230800.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 41
  • suspect UI hidden.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:

dj.shauny.g

Mar 4, 2018
tienes que ir al sistema, actualizar. este menu es solo para actualizar MTU... esta en otro lugar. Tenga en cuenta que existe la versión 2600pro y 2600pro+. es diferente.

Mod translation: you have to go to the system, update. this menu is only for updating MTU... it's somewhere else. Please note that there is 2600pro and 2600pro+ version. is different.
Mine is the same as his, there is no way to update

ZiTaNiX

Dec 17, 2014
Hello
My device is the following model.
Can these updates be used for it?
My device has a problem. It restarts automatically, and after the start, the sound stops and the device freezes and the rear camera does not work.
I have to disconnect the power from the battery to reboot, and it will be fixed.
Will the update solve this problem?

Attachments

• photo_2022-10-07_01-40-48.jpg
    photo_2022-10-07_01-40-48.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 38

AML276

Mar 28, 2018
Has anyone managed to enable developer options for this unit?

Also, the firmwares offered here don't seem to be rooted from what I can tell. Is there a way to root the unit?

And lastly, I side loaded an app the other day but didn't find an icon for it, so I tried an icon creating app as well as a website that generates a shortcut APK to install and neither of these seem to show up either. Has anyone got a solution for creating these shortcuts?

LV426-Prime

Oct 12, 2022
I think i've read this thread 3 or four times now!

I simply cant get the headunit to recognise the firmware on the USB.
I've trashed the system .. i have no volume keys anymore Bluetooth wont work correctly,
I made the mistake of upgrading the mcu to the current one posted here. for the AC8257
I think mine is a bosion 1200 x 600 4g octo the way i can identify it, is the home button on the side is 6 little dots rather then the house icon,
Anyway not sure what to do now? I'm still trying every possible way to put the files on the usb, in folders/ zipped/ unzipped/ renamed to update just about anything i've seen on youtube that shows an update vid.

I'm thnking i may need to do the laptop route? although some of you have upgtaded successful via USB.

I'm almost at a stage dropping 800 bucks on a T'eyes cc3 .. at least they have regular updates and a place to find the correct firmware?

Any ideas on why it wont find the firmware?
If i put the MCS file on a usb i can access that via the system update function.

but when i do the update from local it does the reset then just boots like normal (slow)

any guidance would be very much appreciated , Ive just dropped about 5 k in stereo in the thing and now i have no tunes or nuthin .. That'll learn me for playin around hey?

Troy

Reactions: dj.shauny.g

vz_commo

Oct 10, 2012
I think i've read this thread 3 or four times now!

I simply cant get the headunit to recognise the firmware on the USB.
I've trashed the system .. i have no volume keys anymore Bluetooth wont work correctly,
I made the mistake of upgrading the mcu to the current one posted here. for the AC8257
I think mine is a bosion 1200 x 600 4g octo the way i can identify it, is the home button on the side is 6 little dots rather then the house icon,
Anyway not sure what to do now? I'm still trying every possible way to put the files on the usb, in folders/ zipped/ unzipped/ renamed to update just about anything i've seen on youtube that shows an update vid.

I'm thnking i may need to do the laptop route? although some of you have upgtaded successful via USB.

I'm almost at a stage dropping 800 bucks on a T'eyes cc3 .. at least they have regular updates and a place to find the correct firmware?

Any ideas on why it wont find the firmware?
If i put the MCS file on a usb i can access that via the system update function.

but when i do the update from local it does the reset then just boots like normal (slow)

any guidance would be very much appreciated , Ive just dropped about 5 k in stereo in the thing and now i have no tunes or nuthin .. That'll learn me for playin around hey?

Troy
i had to buy a usb-a to usb-a cable then use spflash to change firmwares

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,I tried this app, but I still can't wirelessly connect my android phone to Android Auto. The "press to connect" button didn't work, other settings button is the instruction.The unit is Bosion BX-D05, Android 12 . Any more suggestions? Or did Isomething wrong?

Thanks for your help.
    For some reason that app doesn't work when installed separated. For some reason it only seems to work when it's installed with a firmware update / upgrade
    HI everyone. I have one of these systems. My problem is when i insert a USB, an upgrade page automatically comes up. It recognises MCU but not the firmware. When i got to upgrade and reset, it just asks to reboot without the option for me to select img option. Am i getting something wrong or is this the USB issue people are talking about?

I have attached images in this order. 1: Device info, 2: The automatic upgrade screen that shows up, 3: The Upgrade & Reset upgrade option that goes straight to restart.

Please help, what am i missing here
    Hi, I had exactly the same issue (see the 1st post of this thread), USB key was recognized for MCU, not firmware update, I fixed it by installing from a Micro SD Card, what did the tricks!
    Hi, I had exactly the same issue (see the 1st post of this thread), USB key was recognized for MCU, not firmware update, I fixed it by installing from a Micro SD Card, what did the tricks!
    Mine worked with an old USB1.1. I'm about to update to your version which is android 11 not android 10 because i stared having issues with no quick boot
    Hi,
    Did you first manage to connect your phone to Android Auto with wire ?
    I think you need to enable the link with wire, before being able to use it wireless.

That said, let you give you my point of view on Android Auto.
    I've struggle hard to get it working wireless, and now it's set up, it's more a pain that a benefit.

When you have such car unit, it's totaly useless to use Android Auto that is a tiny version of Android, that don't allow you to use all apps, and has many restrictions. You better install same apps on your car unit, and set up an easy internet sharing from phone to car unit wireless (Phone & car unit bluetooth autopairing, a bixby routine on Samsung can autoenable the wifi hotspot, and your car unit will then autoconnect to it).

The only downside is the Wireless QI app that provide Android Auto keep turning on automaticly when the car unit goes in real sleep mode (after a few days), so I need to manually turn off from time to time the wifi hotspot feature of the car unit, that block the car unit from using a wifi network.
    Another thing about android auto, it seems to use bluetooth and wirelessAP at the same time
    Please let me know how you get on with this. I may have to go down this route also but have no idea how to do it.
    Ok, so i finally got it working. I used the flash tool. I was able to install 2610pro( not pro+) and The android 11 version from the beginning of the thread to see the differences. So here's what i decided to do

Because of the confusion and all. I decided to write a step by step guide on how to use the flash tool and made a video of the flashing process. I even found an easy way to install the drivers required. I have created a folder that has all the required things you need that i will be sharing. I have even relabelled the Firmwares as Android10 and Android11 so you can know which one you want. What's the difference in the firmwares, it boils down to personal preference.

Android10 (2610pro) Provided by @duvshi
    This one has arguably better looking UI options. And some apps seem to be slightly newer as this was released in June compared to March for the Android11
    It missed certain features i liked mainly the ability to manually set when the screen deems and turns the bluelight off, and an option to close individual apps from the memory

Android11 Provided by @noiwid
    Also has 6 UI options to choose from but they are not as nice as the android10 ones(yes they are different).
    It's a more generic version so it doesn't have the Target label.

Overall, everything else works well. Yes even fastboot works flawlessly. I ended up going for the Android11 one. Anyway, here's the link. Let others know if it all worked out for you.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_a2BFHrjr828iRiolZ8VRx670GJRKryR?usp=share_link
    Hi,
    After struggling hard to find how to update my unit (what doesn't seems possible with USB key in my case ; only with a MicroSD card), I finaly did it.
    This new system is Android 11 based, and allow to connect to Android Auto wireless, sounds good uh?

My unit is AC8257 based, and has 8 core, 64 GB ROM, 4 GB LPDDR4 RAM @ 1024x600, but the upload also contains 800x600 & 1280x720px, there is .BAT files that make easyier to pick up the good Android_scatter file.

Here is where I come from first :

20220706_180945.jpg

And here is where I am now :

20220711_210648.jpg

Below, a picture of the app/system that detect that my phone is close by and ready to pair with Android Auto. I first had to connect it with wire to show him the way. It now seems automatic.

20220711_214205.jpg

You can find this wonderfull new firmware here (dated : 20220513), along with the MCU update : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k2dotip66u7iekg/AAA69Z_ujnTZQMai5TbPXAbma?dl=0

8257升级教学(新).MP4
    30/06/2022 09:40

B200 wifi 1024x600 2022.05.13 ATCUPG.zip
    02/06/2022 10:37

mcu_202206071001BD2-1559.upd

I hope this will help :)
    I want to be able to use android auto wireless.
    how can I do it?
    Open Wireless Qlink app and Re-pair your phone to the head unit
    Thank you very much!!

I want to ask you one more thing.
    how do i download and install zlink?
    the system i bought has PhoneLink installed.
    you cannot install Zlink as they dont have the license for it, you can install it and pay for it if you wish but the phonelink app works well, you can force it ti work by going to settings-general-Carplay
    and if you want android auto wireless you can open wireless Qlink
    hi I will take screen shots step by step and upload it with description is it ok
    Hi please follow this video for installing MTK drivers and flashtool first thanks
    you mean if it has a 4G sim card slot?
    yes, from the version i see it is just WIFI so go ahead and update