• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

AC8257 CPU Based unit's problems & questions - Couldn't find any info about it

Search This thread

mechart

Jun 22, 2021
Hello Guys, I have problem with my device after update the 1.68 google play store does't start even after I install apk file directly from flash drive.
Other thing: How to reach recovery menu. I tried several methods with holding reset button, nothing...
Thank you in advance

IMG_20210622_190546 (Large).jpg
IMG_20210622_185457 (Large).jpg

solmer

Aug 2, 2007
Hello everyone,
Someone have find a way to set the sleep mode?
Everytime I turn on my car, the head unit wake up from start...
And I have a security warning, I have to press ok to launch my car launcher
Hi! I've asked the same thing on the 4PDA russian forum and the answer was...This unit in sleep mode only drain a very little power from the car...not using your car for more than 3 days will discconect the unit to avoid power drain....

piotrmocko

Dec 14, 2013
Kraków
this is the dsp apk from 1.69 rom
I tried installing DspSetting 1.69 on ROM 1.68 and it did not help as well as DSP app crashes. I had to reinstall ROM 1.68, and extract DspSetting app from ROM 1.68 and reinstall the app to make it working again.

The annoying sound issue I have seems to be a hardware issue, not software.

Reactions: kochete

Myplayerxd

Mar 10, 2015
A way to increase microphone volume, in mtk settings, audio - can't find anything about..
please test this:

Add to the faq on microphone volume: 1. We go to the engineering menu of the MTK (for example, a program from the market) 2. The "Equipment" tab 3. Item "Audio" 4. Item Headset (it changes the volume of the microphone on the face) 5. Select Microphone from the drop-down list. 6. Write down the Level settings on a piece of paper. 7. Level0-Level 10, I had values from 180 to 255. I set everything to 240 (at 255, the interlocutors said that they could hear themselves if I had a high speaker volume. Accordingly, if you have too much noise or too loud, you can experiment with the values). 11-14 level I had zeros - so I left it. Bottom line: they hear perfectly

Reactions: kochete

kochete

Jan 6, 2009
craiova
please test this:

Add to the faq on microphone volume: 1. We go to the engineering menu of the MTK (for example, a program from the market) 2. The "Equipment" tab 3. Item "Audio" 4. Item Headset (it changes the volume of the microphone on the face) 5. Select Microphone from the drop-down list. 6. Write down the Level settings on a piece of paper. 7. Level0-Level 10, I had values from 180 to 255. I set everything to 240 (at 255, the interlocutors said that they could hear themselves if I had a high speaker volume. Accordingly, if you have too much noise or too loud, you can experiment with the values). 11-14 level I had zeros - so I left it. Bottom line: they hear perfectly
I don' t have headset in audio tab

kochete

Jan 6, 2009
craiova
I think it's still a software problem, I replaced the 10,000 uF capacitor, and the background sound is still heard. But instead I noticed that if I open the settings, or open other applications while playing music in the background, the sound disappears for a few moments.

Reactions: piotrmocko

skezza

Sep 29, 2007
Hello,

This isn't my first XDA post. I've been unable to login to my account so I've had to register a new one. :(

Going to have a good read through this forum, but I just wanted to give you a bit of information on the device I've purchased.

Bit of backstory, I've always purchased Xtrons Android devices and I've genuinely had really good luck with them. I've had two PX5's, both of which have been ace bits of kit and have lasted several years (both still running).... which brings us up to now.

Early this month, I bought a PX6 for my new Jetta, which is just like the PX5 except a lot lot faster.

The problem is, I noticed literally day 1 of ownership that it ran hot.... and I mean really hot which isn't something I remember from the PX5's. I figured this was just down to the way it's manufactured. Less than a month later and I've returned the head unit as the amplifier packed up. Considering the amplifier is mounted directly on the frame, it wouldn't surprise me if the amount of heat generated is partly to blame.

Anyway, Xtrons gave me my money back and in a surprising turn, suggested I purchase this, as an alternative:

Never one to shy away, I took a punt. The device identifies as as an 8259 which is an MTK and I'm hoping I am in the right place and can get some support because I actually quite like this device. No, it's not as fast as the PX6, but it has a nicer screen and probably a better UI. However, if I continue to struggle with some of the issues listed below, it'll probably have to go back as well:

tl;dr

- After rebooting the device, all of my settings are completely lost. Launcher settings, EQ settings for the DSP, everything is lost. Even force closing these apps cause the settings to be lost. Is there any fix for this? The same issue somewhat existed on the PX5 but you could set this in factory settings? No such option for me.

- A lot of the car apps such as Radio, Bluetooth etc, are built into something called MainApp_9. This is inflexible and my best bet without using the Stock launcher is to access via Widgets on Nova Launcher, which does work, but it's by no means ideal and means ALL of the car launchers are out of the window.

- I am unable to rename the Bluetooth name of the device.

- Factory Settings doesn't actually show much - pw 8888. CANBUS tweaks for example, but other than that.... not much.

I probably have further things I am unsure about, but I am just getting the hang of it right now. I feel like this device has a lot of potential and actually better sound quality and a better screen, but on the face of it, I am tempted to return this as well and perhaps reconsider another PX5 or a PX6 with a larger frame that dissipates heat better.

Btw, the screen glare isn't this bad in real life. Think the camera makes it worse.

Hears hoping, fingers crossed you guys have some tips :)

Launcher:
e57ce7a5-ad7e-45e3-95e2-9c88f93c1eac.jpg

FM Radio, RDS appears to work.
ccb13a6c-eb99-4b70-a68e-46dd55c266b9.jpg

Factory Settings (8888)
e61bfaee-74e5-4a91-9486-03e482954a1f.jpg

Infotainment Settings
0b6b3ea1-4f23-418b-b19a-3724205a2cbf.jpg

DSP Settings
f7ed5163-afe7-4ad1-8cb9-b10fbed88b2b.jpg

piotrmocko

Dec 14, 2013
Kraków
I would return this head unit if I could - I have Y5760B (AC8257). Nevertheless, my head unit doesn't forget settings on reboot and I can rename the Bluetooth device. In my second car I had PX5 and now I have PX6. Both of them are really good. Y5760B works well if you use only stock apps. To open Spotify it takes at least 30 seconds, Google Maps sometimes crashing during navigation and I have to enter the address again when I reopen the app. RDS doesn't work. I hear a strange annoying sound in the background. Picture-in-picture doesn't work. Performance is very poor.

The only thing that works really well are 360 cameras with an excellent picture quality.

A lot of people in this thread have different issues with this type of devices and ROM updates usually doesn't help.

In my opinion, Dasaita devices are the best one on the market. I own Dasaita PX6 MAX10 and it's the best one I had.

skezza

Sep 29, 2007
I've worked out how to rename the Bluetooth, it can be done in the Others part of factory menu. The forgetting of settings on reboot though, is an ongoing issue.

I don't find the unit to be that slow. I find it's relatively reasonable and I have no issues with RDS or anything like that. In a lot of ways, I really rate this unit.

If the PX6 hadn't overheated, I'd still be with it. Right now, I'm tempted to plop for an old PX5. They run just a little bit cooler. If I go for a PX6, it needs to be one with a full size cage, Plenty of space for the heat to dissipate.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think it's still a software problem, I replaced the 10,000 uF capacitor, and the background sound is still heard. But instead I noticed that if I open the settings, or open other applications while playing music in the background, the sound disappears for a few moments.

5760B 1024x600 ac8257 / ac8259
    Good day! I bought just such a radio tape recorder. Can anyone share an alternative firmware?
    Did anyone manage to remove the background sound?
    Unfortunately, not. I'm still waiting for the v1.69 update. Hopefully it will help.
    I have this hissing sound too, did you found what causes it?
    I didn't. I would like to install some low-pass filters on each wire to speaker, but I don't know what exact filter it should be.

@videojo I believe that you did some amplifier upgrade. Did you have a similar audio issue?

I have attached a recording of this strange sound - increase your volume level to 100% to hear it. At the end of the recording there is quite break when this sound disappears before next song starts.
    I have recorder a video with the YT5760B system upgrade. It takes about 5 minutes to complete. In the attached ZIP file you can find the video.
    Yes, I have installed 1.66. I do not have any issues with volume. RDS started to work from time to time. Wi-Fi hotspot with Headunit Reloaded app still crashes.
    I have taken the plunge to update to v1.66 without backing up the old ROM, big risk of turning the head unit into a brick but luckily everything turned out fine.

My observations on the latest ROM:
    1. Android settings now report the OS as android 10.0 instead of 9.1, no idea if this is really true.
    2. New ROM did not erase the old settings and programs, but I could not login to my Google account. I had to restore to factory settings and setup everything from scratch.
    3. Split screen can be enabled in factory settings, same as my older ROM.
    4. Volume problem is still there, but seems not as bad as previous ROM. At least now I can set DSP to BBE mode and tune my Poweramp turning DVC off. Previously I had to use DVC so that I can tune to the EQ curve I want without encountering the volume problem, but with DVC I had to turn the master volume higher, which sounds ridiculously loud when I switch to Spotify or radio.
    5. Google Assistant asking to set as default still remains.

Another tip for those who want to use Google Assistant to make a phone call, you need to go to developer options and find the minimum text width, which is set to 600 by default, and change it to something slightly smaller like 592. This will make the OS think it's a phone rather than tablet, otherwise Google Assistant will say "I don't know how to do that yet" when you ask to make a phone call.
    The update you have suggested is Android 10. In your first post you have mentioned that you have Android 9. Have you installed exactly that update and did it update your Android from 9 to 10?

I have XY Link 1.61 and the new update is 1.65, so hopefully it will fix something.
    Moreover, I have a different radio chip than you.

Could you please share the screenshot with the full specification of your head unit?
    Screenshot_20201004-120433.png

Do you have any idea what for are small packages?
    Screenshot 2020-12-24 123238.png
    Did anyone manage to remove the background sound?
    Unfortunately, not. I'm still waiting for the v1.69 update. Hopefully it will help.