• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

AC8257 CPU Based unit's problems & questions - Couldn't find any info about it

Search This thread

bicer79

Jun 7, 2016
Kıprıs

Boashi zlink
This must be your version.

Format the usb stick.
Drop the zip file directly into it.

First hit the default setting.
Then android upgrade will be active.
Then press the update will start

If it doesn't start. Try with a different usb stick.
And reset the device (do it by factory reset like phone)

Important: How many usb ports are on the device, try all the inputs in order.

These transactions are risky, I do not accept responsibility.

When you do wrong update, you will need to recover it by connecting it to PC.

Reactions: LGvnfans

ClintonE

Nov 30, 2021
Bought a car with this head unit... I see that my XY Auto version seems to be very outdated.
Which update should i run for this? can i go to 1.71 or should i stick to 1.66

how yo remove the pre-loaded music files too??

Attachments

• yt5760B radio.jpeg
    yt5760B radio.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 50

piotrmocko

Dec 14, 2013
Kraków
Thanks. How to check about the permission to use the location because GPS is working well.
Also, can you please give me AGAMA Launcher link download?
Go to Android Settings > Apps > See all > Find "Launcher" > Permissions > Enable Location permissions

You can find AGAMA Car Launcher in Google Play Store. It has one month free trial to test. I recommend purchasing the license to keep using it. It's worth it.

I don't know what to do if the "Android Upgrade" button is disabled. Try to use a different USB stick or format it to a different file system. And check if you are able to browse the USB storage via Android Files app.

piotrmocko

Dec 14, 2013
Kraków
Bought a car with this head unit... I see that my XY Auto version seems to be very outdated.
Which update should i run for this? can i go to 1.71 or should i stick to 1.66

how yo remove the pre-loaded music files too??
Go with the latest available version. It's worth updating.

You can not remove the pre-loaded music files.

ClintonE

Nov 30, 2021
when updating the head unit, does this leave all setting intact? i would presume it works like a mobile phone update (i hope)

LGvnfans

Oct 16, 2021

Boashi zlink
This must be your version.

Format the usb stick.
Drop the zip file directly into it.

First hit the default setting.
Then android upgrade will be active.
Then press the update will start

If it doesn't start. Try with a different usb stick.
And reset the device (do it by factory reset like phone)

Important: How many usb ports are on the device, try all the inputs in order.

These transactions are risky, I do not accept responsibility.

When you do wrong update, you will need to recover it by connecting it to PC.
Thanks, it is 1.72 now :)

1638323879917.png

Reactions: bicer79

LGvnfans

Oct 16, 2021
Go to Android Settings > Apps > See all > Find "Launcher" > Permissions > Enable Location permissions

You can find AGAMA Car Launcher in Google Play Store. It has one month free trial to test. I recommend purchasing the license to keep using it. It's worth it.

I don't know what to do if the "Android Upgrade" button is disabled. Try to use a different USB stick or format it to a different file system. And check if you are able to browse the USB storage via Android Files app.
Thanks!

piotrmocko

Dec 14, 2013
Kraków
After updating the headunit each time I have to
  • Scan radio stations
  • Rename Bluetooth device to my preferred one
  • Set Bluetooth PIN
  • Choose DSP profile
  • In Factory Settings enable screen splitting and set lower amplifier level to 70%
  • Import AGAMA Car Launcher settings and assign apps to buttons
After the first update I had to reinstall 360 cameras app Roundadas - available to download in one of my posts on the 1st page.

No data or apps installed by the user are lost.

Alpha78

Jun 22, 2006
After updating the headunit each time I have to
  • Scan radio stations
  • Rename Bluetooth device to my preferred one
  • Set Bluetooth PIN
  • Choose DSP profile
  • In Factory Settings enable screen splitting and set lower amplifier level to 70%
  • Import AGAMA Car Launcher settings and assign apps to buttons
After the first update I had to reinstall 360 cameras app Roundadas - available to download in one of my posts on the 1st page.

No data or apps installed by the user are lost.

Does setting the amplifier to 70% eliminate the volume attenuation problem? Or does the newer firmware eliminate the problem?

I have upgraded from 1.63 to 1.65 and now I'm on 1.68, volume problem never goes away.

piotrmocko

Dec 14, 2013
Kraków
Does setting the amplifier to 70% eliminate the volume attenuation problem? Or does the newer firmware eliminate the problem?
I set amplifier to 70% only because I want the sound to be quieter in the lower part of scale. Unfortunately, it doesn't eliminate the volume attenuation problem. And nothing has change after updating to 1.72 or any earlier version.

LGvnfans

Oct 16, 2021
Hello!
Please help me!

1/ Do you know how to connect Webcam to AC8257 head unit (Need to edit in factory setting or not?)?
I have tried several Webcam (Logitech, noname) on Ownice, Zestech head unit, all automatically connect, but NO on AC8257, I do not know why.

2/ Also, can you share 360 VIEW app? I removed after upgrade to 1.72 version.

3/ How to use Android Auto and Carplay on the unit (Verion 1.72)

Thanks in advance!
1638709685377.png

piotrmocko

Dec 14, 2013
Kraków

LGvnfans

Oct 16, 2021
I removed the app name 360 (I did not remember full name. Afterthat I did not see the 360 View icon although installed Roundadas 360. I think beside Roundadas 360 app, need to install another app name 360 which I removed

howardc64

Apr 30, 2016
Just checking before flashing from v1.70 to v1.72. Not sure there will be much difference. A few questions

IMG_1282.jpeg

Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 4.02.12 PM.png

Just confirming the ota file is correct one for me. Avoid the Baoshi-zlink- (6G_8G_128) since mine is a 2G unit.

My unit has activated zlink but no 360 cameras so this Basic Package should be all I need correct? Do I need anything from the packet directory? Took a picture of the zlink activation code just in case. But sounds like update will stay activated unless somehow bricking and reflash the system from scratch.

UPDATE : Couldn't resist and did the update. Went perfectly smooth :)

Also been trying to solve a volume problem where HU's sounds sources are a lot louder than CarPlays. Seems to have improved (or maybe I messed up some controls somewhere previously that got reset with the update haha)

(18) XY Audio AC8259 zlink volume quite a bit lower than other HU sources | XDA Forums (xda-developers.com)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can anyone tell me wich are the test points on my device?

I guess you are trying to restore a bricked unit. Have no experience but been surfing 4pda for info on this unit. Here is a link outlining test point (looks identical to your board) for probably the 600 resolution unit ( link ) to reload image via 6pin USB. Looks like 3 rows below the arrow on your first image. So you'd probably have to find a 1280x720 resolution image dump.

Looks like post 104 ( link ) is solving exactly your problem. Read the original problem starting at post 93 ( link )
    I have recorder a video with the YT5760B system upgrade. It takes about 5 minutes to complete. In the attached ZIP file you can find the video.
    I have this hissing sound too, did you found what causes it?
    I didn't. I would like to install some low-pass filters on each wire to speaker, but I don't know what exact filter it should be.

@videojo I believe that you did some amplifier upgrade. Did you have a similar audio issue?

I have attached a recording of this strange sound - increase your volume level to 100% to hear it. At the end of the recording there is quite break when this sound disappears before next song starts.
    I have updated firmware to the latest version 1.71.
    • Setting up car's clock finally works with Mazda 6 GH
    • Annoying sound in the background did not disappear
    • DSP profiles work better since 1.70

Screenshot_20211026-084834.jpg
    @AngeloC95 keep away from AC8257 unless you want to have AHD 360 cameras built-in this head unit. AC8257 is very slow. PX6 Rockchip 3399 is a rocket compared to AC8257. I have both head units in different cars. I also had PX5 in the past which was better than AC8257 too. I would never buy AC8257 again!
    Yes, I have installed 1.66. I do not have any issues with volume. RDS started to work from time to time. Wi-Fi hotspot with Headunit Reloaded app still crashes.
    I have taken the plunge to update to v1.66 without backing up the old ROM, big risk of turning the head unit into a brick but luckily everything turned out fine.

My observations on the latest ROM:
    1. Android settings now report the OS as android 10.0 instead of 9.1, no idea if this is really true.
    2. New ROM did not erase the old settings and programs, but I could not login to my Google account. I had to restore to factory settings and setup everything from scratch.
    3. Split screen can be enabled in factory settings, same as my older ROM.
    4. Volume problem is still there, but seems not as bad as previous ROM. At least now I can set DSP to BBE mode and tune my Poweramp turning DVC off. Previously I had to use DVC so that I can tune to the EQ curve I want without encountering the volume problem, but with DVC I had to turn the master volume higher, which sounds ridiculously loud when I switch to Spotify or radio.
    5. Google Assistant asking to set as default still remains.

Another tip for those who want to use Google Assistant to make a phone call, you need to go to developer options and find the minimum text width, which is set to 600 by default, and change it to something slightly smaller like 592. This will make the OS think it's a phone rather than tablet, otherwise Google Assistant will say "I don't know how to do that yet" when you ask to make a phone call.