AC8257 CPU Based unit's problems & questions - Couldn't find any info about it

Search This thread

howardc64

Apr 30, 2016
Hi.

I have been reading your messages and contributions in this post and in your web page so thank you, it helped me a lot!

I would be interested on installing this launcher in my HU, I have downloaded ("gongban_YT57xx_SplitScreen-ui17-v1.73_42e18e94_ota.tar.gz") but i dont know how has to be installed because is not a "normal" apk, needs to be installed as an update or something like that?.

If I want to get back how can be uninstalled or changed?

Thanks!

I recall just put the tar.gz on USB stick and use same firmware upgrade menu. "Android Upgrade" button will be available. Make sure USB stick does not contain any firmwares or other update tar.gz files or it will install those too. This launcher install is much quicker than firmware updates. I think shows an android robot update animation, reboot and done.

I recall this launcher just overrides the default. xyauto has a lot of launchers with naming overlap (usually called "launcher1") Android's default app settings show how many launchers to choose from and which is default.

There is a "Other Settings" tab on the latest firmware's Car Settings app (don't know when introduced). This is where you set the nav app for this 3 split window UI. See attached pic

For Nav choice, I've settled on Sygic for free nav without cellular data connection on my HU. It does 2 things correctly which the other 2 free options (google maps, here we go) don't do.

- Will switch to night theme automatically. Latest google maps + HU's android version don't do this unless you are navigating a route. White background google maps is very bright for dark night use in my car.

- Sygic will automatically put map in 3D driving mode when driving. Google maps and here we go stays in 2D north up mode if not navigating a route.

But free sygic missing turn by turn and don't have google's nice search capability (require network so basically need a cell plan)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220627-081106.png
    Screenshot_20220627-081106.png
    235 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20220627-081115.png
    Screenshot_20220627-081115.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: Propellastic

Propellastic

Jun 27, 2022
I recall just put the tar.gz on USB stick and use same firmware upgrade menu. "Android Upgrade" button will be available. Make sure USB stick does not contain any firmwares or other update tar.gz files or it will install those too. This launcher install is much quicker than firmware updates. I think shows an android robot update animation, reboot and done.

I recall this launcher just overrides the default. xyauto has a lot of launchers with naming overlap (usually called "launcher1") Android's default app settings show how many launchers to choose from and which is default.

There is a "Other Settings" tab on the latest firmware's Car Settings app (don't know when introduced). This is where you set the nav app for this 3 split window UI. See attached pic

For Nav choice, I've settled on Sygic for free nav without cellular data connection on my HU. It does 2 things correctly which the other 2 free options (google maps, here we go) don't do.

- Will switch to night theme automatically. Latest google maps + HU's android version don't do this unless you are navigating a route. White background google maps is very bright for dark night use in my car.

- Sygic will automatically put map in 3D driving mode when driving. Google maps and here we go stays in 2D north up mode if not navigating a route.

But free sygic missing turn by turn and don't have google's nice search capability (require network so basically need a cell plan)
Thank you very much for the detailed information! I don´t like the stock launcher so may I install that one that one because it looks much better. I supose that doing that I am not going to lose any data or app.

Sorry for my bad english but I didn´t understood your second paragraph:

"I recall this launcher just overrides the default. xyauto has a lot of launchers with naming overlap (usually called "launcher1") Android's default app settings show how many launchers to choose from and which is default."

That means that if I install this launcher I will lose the one that I have now? Or I will have both installed? I would like to have a "backup" or a B plan if something goes wrong...

Again, thank you!

EDIT: My HU came with a navi app preinstaled called "Igo navigation", maybe is worth to test it with the launcher!

Last edited:

howardc64

Apr 30, 2016
Thank you very much for the detailed information! I don´t like the stock launcher so may I install that one that one because it looks much better. I supose that doing that I am not going to lose any data or app.

Sorry for my bad english but I didn´t understood your second paragraph:

"I recall this launcher just overrides the default. xyauto has a lot of launchers with naming overlap (usually called "launcher1") Android's default app settings show how many launchers to choose from and which is default."

That means that if I install this launcher I will lose the one that I have now? Or I will have both installed?

Again, thank you!

I remember UI17 replaced the default from HU firmware so you lose the original launcher. But some xyauto's other UIs don't replace the default.

If you want to recover original UI, you can try this 4 different UI patch from xyauto for 1024x600 displays

XYAUTO (xygala.com)

Its better than reinstalling firmware if worry about losing user data and/or app licenses.

Propellastic

Jun 27, 2022
I remember UI17 replaced the default from HU firmware so you lose the original launcher. But some xyauto's other UIs don't replace the default.

If you want to recover original UI, you can try this 4 different UI patch from xyauto for 1024x600 displays

XYAUTO (xygala.com)

Its better than reinstalling firmware if worry about losing user data and/or app licenses.

Okey!

I have checked in the "Other Settings" tab of my HU and the option of "main window application" does not appear, maybe only appears when that launcher is installed? Or maybe I don´t have the lastest version? (my specs are in the post #799).

Thank you!

howardc64

Apr 30, 2016
Okey!

I have checked in the "Other Settings" tab of my HU and the option of "main window application" does not appear, maybe only appears when that launcher is installed? Or maybe I don´t have the lastest version? (my specs are in the post #799).

Thank you!

I think "Other Settings" only appeared on more recent firmware versions. It wasn't there in the older firmware versions. But I don't remember when it appeared.

Comparing your System Info from post #799 to mine on latest firmware (5/24/22 1.73.3 release) on post #748. They are many differences. Don't know why. (J1.73.3 / 1.73.3, Sistema / Android os, AM+FM+RDS / NXP6856)

Can you show image of your default launcher? Maybe you have a different variation of this firmware.

Propellastic

Jun 27, 2022
I think "Other Settings" only appeared on more recent firmware versions. It wasn't there in the older firmware versions. But I don't remember when it appeared.

Comparing your System Info from post #799 to mine on latest firmware (5/24/22 1.73.3 release) on post #748. They are many differences. Don't know why. (J1.73.3 / 1.73.3, Sistema / Android os, AM+FM+RDS / NXP6856)

Can you show image of your default launcher? Maybe you have a different variation of this firmware.
Hello!

I have this UI, the picture is from XYauto cloud but is exactly the same, with the same icons and the same girl in the music widget.

3f7b182ef4e20c89e36a95674a645fca-big.jpg

I have unzipped the launcher zip file and I have found that has an apk of the launcher, another apk for the configuration app and some config files, maybe that option appears because the launcher also installs another configuration app.

I will try to investigate more, thanks!

Propellastic

Jun 27, 2022
Has someone have battery issues? Today after not using the car for 5 days it has started very poorly.

For now I will try to change the power mode to direct shut down.

howardc64

Apr 30, 2016
Has someone have battery issues? Today after not using the car for 5 days it has started very poorly.

For now I will try to change the power mode to direct shut down.

I had this worry early on. Tested current draw and got ~10mA in usermode 1min after powering the car off. Left it in usermode and had no problems on small Toyota Prius 12v battery. Please post back if you find parasitic current draws.

YT5760B_AC8259 (google.com)

Propellastic

Jun 27, 2022
I had this worry early on. Tested current draw and got ~10mA in usermode 1min after powering the car off. Left it in usermode and had no problems on small Toyota Prius 12v battery. Please post back if you find parasitic current draws.

YT5760B_AC8259 (google.com)
Probably the issue is not caused by the HU but I will check it, for now I will be using the head unit in direct shut down mode for a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the info!

Propellastic

Jun 27, 2022

I repply this message because I have just installed UI17 in my unit (specs in post #799) and works like a charm! After installing it appeared the setting of main window application in "other settings", so the update reinstalls the app of settings and adds this configuration!

I have tested Igo navigation as main window aplication because my unit come with a license of it and works very well, it shifts to night mode, it works quite smooth, shows speed, 3D navigation and more...

Anyway when I need a navigator for a travel I will use waze with carplay.

noiwid

Mar 15, 2016
Paris, France.
Thank you for your answer, I hope you can do something with it. Otherwise, if there is an app to read out, I can do that too.View attachment 5391747
Hi, I have exactly the same version than yours, did you found how to update it ? I've try 2 different OS Version, that I put in their ATCUPG folder, on a USB Key (fat32) but the update system don't see it... It only see the MCU update, that I was able to do, but I can't find how to update the system itself... Any idea?

noiwid

Mar 15, 2016
Paris, France.
Hi,
Thanks for your feedback!
It's exactly what I've done, extract this ZIP into a usb key, I get a ATCUPG folder, with all files in it.
Unfortunatly, the update tool don't seems consider it as a valid system update as it don't offer me to update it.

I've also try to put an mcu_xxx update on the root folder of my USB key, and in this case, the update tool is opening automaticly and ask me if I want to update:
20220707_141520.jpg

On this tool, nothing appears outside MCU folder... And when I go in UPDATE menu, and ask for system update, the restart don't trigger no install... (the first line means : select the system to update)

This two points bring me to think:
- My USB key seems recognized properly by the update tool, as it see the MCU_ updates.
- The usb wire seems plug on the good plug (there is two pin plugs on the back of the unit)

any ideas?

Note : I received from the seller a fresh system update from May 2022 (B200 wifi 1024x600 2022.05.13 ATCUPG.zip), if anyone needs it, just let me know ;) I would love to know if anyone is able to use it :) There is also in the package the MCU_202206071001BD2_1559.upd, that I was able to update !

Last edited:

farazuaf

Apr 13, 2018
respected members,
i recently purchased Chinese headunit.
Model:yt7216c, chip AC8257, android 10, 2gb ram, 32gb ROM
what i want or problems im facing are given as below. hope the respected members will help in this regard.
1. google voice assistant ask to enable it as default on each restart. any solution?
2. how enable or run android auto wired or wirelessly
3. installed rounadads360 app, but asking for activation? how to activate ?or any good 360 app. the one i download fom xyauto site also popping message "device not authorized".
4. any good voice assistant or best suited.
5. what is parking mode and how to run?
any help will be highly appreciated. thanks
sorry for bad English

Attachments

• 1657704402252.jpg
    1657704402252.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:

AML276

Mar 28, 2018
Late Feb release of an xyauto UI is pretty good. Has maps (I use with google maps app with offline maps), radio, HU music player, a fixed app launch icon pane (left vertical) and a user changeable app launch icon pane (lower bottom) all on one screen.

Generally quite nice. google maps has voice input search, auto dark mode at night while navigating (none navigation mode unfortunately stays in day mode) map will be always north up while driving without navigation route.

View attachment 5601801View attachment 5605177View attachment 5605179

patch file link Note this seems to be for 1024x600 screen only. Didn't see it in other resolution folders.

Mode switching is a bit mysterious (I have a steering wheel button programmed to switch modes). In the old default UI, mode switch with switch between currently running apps. Seems to do nothing on this UI while being displayed.

This launcher provide everything I use so no need to fiddle with the HU much. Just power on the car and drive. The useful features are

- FM radio (wife listens to this and its her car)

- Maps always displayed and track your position smoothly (Seen other launchers with map. Position only update every second or so, very jerky display). Google maps fixed to north up unless navigating. Voice input destination via mic icon on google maps search bar. Maps always in bright color mode (quite bright at night but area is not entire screen) Navigation will auto change to dark mode at night.

- BT works if setup to auto pair. Incoming calls pops up on screen. Can voice command out going calls with iPhone easily. Just say "siri call xxx" with iPhone mic able to hear you. iPhone looks up your contact and dials while connecting to HU's BT for speaker/mic sound.

- Music player will play all music files in the system/USB stick.

- Color choices are nice. Colorful but background is dim for night time use. Only issue is google maps none navigation mode display stays bright. Other nav software might handle this better.

- Google maps generally likes portrait displays like a phone. This horizontal smaller window sometimes hide the next driving intersection change behind the green direction box on top. Not too big of a problem.

- Left column icons are not changeable. Bottom row is user changeable.
This is exactly the kind of launcher I've been looking for as Nova and FCC etc just don't suit my requirements. I have the bosion ac8257 model, but this launcher should work for me shouldn't it?

AvGear

Jul 15, 2022
Hi, does anyone have this default launcher apk?

Attachments

• U27c68d529bae464ebecfb1dd92cef3c3d.jpg
    U27c68d529bae464ebecfb1dd92cef3c3d.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 15

AML276

Mar 28, 2018
Has anybody else experienced difficulty getting macrodroid to detect the screen on or screen off trigger on these devices?

Top Liked Posts

Folks quick question does anybody use a newer zlink version than 3.9.7? has anybody tried installing latest version from http://www.zjinnova.com/col.jsp?id=106 ? Is it worth it?
    Theoretically if you sideloaded this and it was recognized as the same app, it would just be installed as an "update" to the existing ZLink which is a system app.

So if something didn't work you could uninstall and it would roll back to the original system one.
    Installed 7/16/22 release of 1.73.3 for 2-4G models. Quick summary

- Did not wipe out user data/installed apps installing over 5/24/22 1.73.3. Don't know about installing over older firmware (if anyone try, please report back)

- Didn't see any change although I didn't look extensively.

- DSP set to DTS with super strong bass. Setting to Rock was fine for me.
    Hi to everyone,

Unfortunately, I factory reset my Head Unit and what I didn't know is that some files would be missed. For example, I lost IGO app (it doesn't really matter for me) but also, I suspect that I lost the mic config presets.

What I mean is that if I go to the android mic setting as described on #251 post (the same as following the steps on this youtube video Internal mic volume too low in Android Head Unit (Fix) ) the fields are completely blank/empty and I cannot set up any value:

mic-values.png

The deal is that the mic works but is a totally mess (like it would not have any gain on it) and it doesn't make any difference if I connect a external mic via B1/B2 connector (MIC-/MIC+ pins) on my Head Unit.

So, I would like to give it one more chance and try to update de HU and figure out If the problem is related to software or is a hardware one.

Here's is my HU config, and pretty much my questions are:

HU-version.png

• Is it recommended to backup the actual files? If so, Where could I find the way to properly do it? (I didn't find any info in the google document )

• Right now my HU has a 1.70 version. Which version should I upgrade to? It seems that this is the available ones + the latest V1.73.3 located on another directory
    upgrade.png

• What's the difference between:
    gongban_YT7260B_7260B-hw-zlink-ota-v1.73.zip
    vs
    gongban_YT7260B_ui1-7260B-zlink-hw-ota-v1.73.zip​

I dont understand what does "ui1" mean...

If you have any questions, be free to reply me.

Have a nice day

First note this thread is mainly 5260B rather than 7260B. So just beware since most of us don't test on 7260B. However, xyauto firmware seems quite similar. But since we don't have any documentation from xyauto, don't really know how well the firmware will run or if brick HU due to subtle differences.

on file name with ui1. For 5260B, sometime xyauto include it in the name and sometime they don't. UI1 referred to the default launcher that came with the HU. Even the firmware without UI1 came with UI1 launcher so not really sure what is the significance to include or exclude it from file name.

For 7260B 1.73, xyauto server include 2 sets ( google translation from Chinese is Prospect and Proview 1.1 ) no idea what is the difference.

On Mic, I've read internal built-in mic is very poor. I've had good results with external mic.
    Hi! I have YT5760B head unit, so I'm only guessing that you should install one of these updates.

I think that you have tesla-style display 600 x 1024 so you should go with "portrait screen", but the resolution in the update file sound like landscape and not horizontal
    1. 7250--7260
    2. 7260L
    3. ‎ Android 10.0 ‎
    4. ‎ Portrait screen ‎
    5. ‎ foreign language ‎
    6. 1024x768
    7. UI1_V1.70_zlink
    8. 电脑升级包gongban_YT7260L_ui_1024x768_en-v1.70.zip
    This update is either for the landscape display 1024 x 600 or it just works on any display
    1. 7250--7260
    2. 7260L
    3. ‎ Android 10.0 ‎
    4. ‎ Landscape screen ‎
    5. ‎ Base package ‎
    6. ‎ foreign language ‎
    7. UI_V1.72
    8. ‎ Treasure Vision ‎
    9. gongban_YT7260L_ui1-7260L_zlink-hw-ota-v1.72.zip

This is my device, Its not tesla style screen actually. But the strange thing is that, the sticker at the back says it is YT9214 but Droid Info app says its YT7260L . I am sure its YT7260L

I am now downloading gongban_YT7260L_ui1-7260L_zlink-hw-ota-v1.72.zip file.

I will try once I go back home :)
    Hi!

There you go! I hope you May help me to find correct FW update

Thanks, You have exact device as @Gvnlk on post #543 ( link ) and post # 546 ( link ) @piotrmocko pointed him at the firmware link below in post #549 ( link )

XYAUTO (xygala.com)

Unfortunately @Gvnlk never updated firmware update success. He may have useful experience for you if reachable.

I googled and didn't find any other pictures of your HU System Info screen on xda or 4pda.
    Just quick feedback, I have updated from 1.73 to 1.73.3 (current July release).
    this update didn't remove any user data. But the UI has been reset back to default.
    I have recorder a video with the YT5760B system upgrade. It takes about 5 minutes to complete. In the attached ZIP file you can find the video.
    I have this hissing sound too, did you found what causes it?
    I didn't. I would like to install some low-pass filters on each wire to speaker, but I don't know what exact filter it should be.

@videojo I believe that you did some amplifier upgrade. Did you have a similar audio issue?

I have attached a recording of this strange sound - increase your volume level to 100% to hear it. At the end of the recording there is quite break when this sound disappears before next song starts.
    I have updated firmware to the latest version 1.71.
    • Setting up car's clock finally works with Mazda 6 GH
    • Annoying sound in the background did not disappear
    • DSP profiles work better since 1.70

Screenshot_20211026-084834.jpg
    The above one with "ota" in the name of the file is the right one to copy onto a USB stick and to update the head unit. Usually, the second file is to update the firmware via PC
    Yes, I have installed 1.66. I do not have any issues with volume. RDS started to work from time to time. Wi-Fi hotspot with Headunit Reloaded app still crashes.
    I have taken the plunge to update to v1.66 without backing up the old ROM, big risk of turning the head unit into a brick but luckily everything turned out fine.

My observations on the latest ROM:
    1. Android settings now report the OS as android 10.0 instead of 9.1, no idea if this is really true.
    2. New ROM did not erase the old settings and programs, but I could not login to my Google account. I had to restore to factory settings and setup everything from scratch.
    3. Split screen can be enabled in factory settings, same as my older ROM.
    4. Volume problem is still there, but seems not as bad as previous ROM. At least now I can set DSP to BBE mode and tune my Poweramp turning DVC off. Previously I had to use DVC so that I can tune to the EQ curve I want without encountering the volume problem, but with DVC I had to turn the master volume higher, which sounds ridiculously loud when I switch to Spotify or radio.
    5. Google Assistant asking to set as default still remains.

Another tip for those who want to use Google Assistant to make a phone call, you need to go to developer options and find the minimum text width, which is set to 600 by default, and change it to something slightly smaller like 592. This will make the OS think it's a phone rather than tablet, otherwise Google Assistant will say "I don't know how to do that yet" when you ask to make a phone call.