AC8257 CPU Based unit's problems & questions - Couldn't find any info about it

Search This thread

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
Can you elaborate on how to get Logcat Watcher to just show just what I'd need? There's a lot flying by, too fast to see anything useful. I searched for "MainUI" but nothing came up, and I see there's filters but I wouldn't know what to filter on.
1. Create a filter with tag MainUI
2. Press SWC button voice button
3. Search for nDealPkey

Please note:
- Pressing the (illuminated) touch buttons on the left side of the device (home, back, volume) may create nDealPkey entries. So don't get confused.
- You can clear the log before pressing SWC button to reduce the number of log entries. And you can pause after you pushed the SWC button.
- You could try other search terms like key.

kaanarli

Jul 25, 2022
A couple of thoughts

- (1) shows you downloaded the file 2x (first one without (1) and 2nd one with (1)). Maybe updater can't accept space or '(' ')' in file name? Maybe try the original download without (1).

- How is your USB drive formatted? If format with macOS, I've always had to choose to format ExFAT (I use 64GB USB3 stick formatted as ExFAT for my HU firmware upgrades). FAT format doesn't work well for most usage. FAT32 doesn't exist on macOS format utilities

Hi
I finally successfully updated my YT7260L HU to Android 10 with 1.72FW version. I am using Windows PC by the way, and I was able to update by using the 2nd USB port directly came from back of the HU. Firstly I was trying car's own USB port but was not working. You may see the photos below. API version also update to 29. MCU is still 0.7, is there any necessity to update it or how may i update it?

Default UI and DSP settings UI also changed.

1659506757856.png

1659506825032.png

1659506848987.png

I have another question regarding the ZLINK. When I checked the ZLINK, I noticed that its not activated and when I try to activate it, I got the error code below. Do you have guys any idea how to activate it?

Thanks.

1659506940644.png

1659506959262.png

Attachments

• 1659507003279.png
    1659507003279.png
    302.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Toky745

Jan 20, 2022
My rear camera started having screen issues, has anybody encountered such problem? I want to find out if it is problem of camera or probem of headu unit. this happened even before update to 1.73.3, so it is not software issue.
Just came to conclusion that this broken rear camera screen is due to usage of agama car launcher and it is only from latest update of agama i think

Reactions: Propellastic

howardc64

Apr 30, 2016
Just came to conclusion that this broken rear camera screen is due to usage of agama car launcher and it is only from latest update of agama i think

This seems quite unlikely but of course you have the behavior in hand :)

As far as I know, backup camera processing has its own HW subsystem. I think of it as 2 computer systems inside the HU. One for cameras, the other for everything else. This is why backup cam can come up so fast, if it had to wait for the main CPU to respond... it can lag if overloaded. So backup cam runs as soon as you put in reverse (or like 1s after) as long as the HU is booted up.

Agama also have no deep hardware integration nor does it have any backup camera features

I sometimes see a momentary (<1s) color glitch on mine around 15-20 rows of pixels in center of screen during reverse. Looks like color processing messed up ever so briefly. Maybe related to specific image when I backout of garage, not sure. Very brief and small, wife (her car) probably would say never seen it haha. Your backup cam image noise is all vertical. I suspect its hardware (most likely camera?) If you have a composite video output source (say a VCR or old video cam) you can substitute that for rear cam and see if same (adjust video format accordingly)

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
Camera works fine with factory launcher
Don't think it's the presence of Agama but the absence of the standard launcher. May be interesting to know if it works with another 3rd party launcher.
Just strange because you're not the only one using Agama or another launcher. I have a Junsun V1 pro (AC 8257 device) and camera working fine even I'm using Agama, too.

Gerer142

Jul 25, 2022
I'm here again and this time with huge uptade: The mic problems are finally gone!

So, after the screenshot that was posted by @howardc64, I was a little bit less worried because It didn't look like it was a problem related to a software as his android head unit config was the same as mine.

Like I told previously, finally I could test my new mic SONY XA-MC10 and... it didn't make any difference, the problem where still there.

After testing 4 different external mics and the internal one, the problem was always the same: The mic sound only worked if you put the mic as closest as you could to your lips.... Whenever you separate it from your mouth, no one could hear you because it was like you were talking from the cave 😅

At this point, I was discouraged but after some random call test, I discovered that the internal mic where working fine BUT only if I spoke to a head unit from behind direction and not directly to front of it. This may sound stupid so I will give in datails to explain what was really happening to my mic input signal.

I decided to open the head unit and search for mic location behind the display:

1659726738672.jpeg

The mic was located on the PCB:
IMG20220730161649.jpg

and after inspecting the mic hole located on the front of display is where I discovered a big surprise...:

IMG20220729213142.jpg

The hole was blocked by a big rock or something like that... I don't know what kind of element it was but after removing it, the mic gain problems were gone. This would explain too why the mic was only working if I spoke to it from behind as the front was blocked....

Now people can actually hear me almost from outside of my car 🤣

Another funny thing that I discovered in this process is that the external mic is connected in parallel with the internal one so it doesn't disable the internal when the external is plugged as they work at the same time (at least that is how it works on my head unit 7260B)

If you want to use a external mic, my recommendation would be to desolder the little one located on the pcb described above and then plug the external to the output pins:

IMG20220730162703.jpg

For this process you have these two options:

1) Take a female 3.5mm jack connector and solder the ending of it to two pins.
IMG_20220805_213252.jpg

2) Cut the end of mic's jack 3.5mm connector and then solder the pins to it
IMG_20220805_213344.jpg

With the first way you can test different mics without destroying the jack connector on them.

Last edited:

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
[Another funny thing that I discovered in this process is that the external mic is connected in parallel with the internal one so it doesn't disable the internal when the external is plugged as they work at the same time (at least that is how it works on my head unit 7260B)]

You would not believe how many times this has been discussed.

Nearly all Chinese origin headunits across many factories all make this mistake - going back to Wince units,!

Sounds like you may have read through the forums and then tested the theory

Gerer142

Jul 25, 2022
[Another funny thing that I discovered in this process is that the external mic is connected in parallel with the internal one so it doesn't disable the internal when the external is plugged as they work at the same time (at least that is how it works on my head unit 7260B)]

You would not believe how many times this has been discussed.

Nearly all Chinese origin headunits across many factories all make this mistake - going back to Wince units,!

Sounds like you may have read through the forums and then tested the theory

You are right that almost everyone says that If you want to connect a external mic then you need to desolder the internal one but I thought this was because their head units didn't had a exteral connector for plug in or pinouts to connecting it so you would need to soldering it directly to the PCB... I guess I missed the part where you describe that it is because the mics are parallel connected

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update on 10/28/22 1.73.7's low audio volume. In this release, xyauto requires much higher volume # for audio output compared to the past. However, Bt call volume level seems same as before. See attached diagram for reference. Therefore, it seems this release has gain on path A reduced significantly. This causes the following problems

- If Volume settings menu has default volume on and set to 0 (my setting). Then it requires 20-30 steering wheel volume increase button press to increase to useful volume (>20) while driving. If want less button press, then default volume need to be set to something like 20. However, if default volume is set to 20 but not playing music, then I'm assuming amplifier maybe working harder more often even when not playing music.

Maybe this is a bug by xyauto. Its desirable to have fewer volume button changes to produce noticeable volume changes. For example, 0-10 should produce noticeable volume changes at each step rather than so low volume that is not useful.

Or xyauto could have reduced music volume gains based on user feedback. For example, radio volume too loud after CarPlay/AndroidAuto (CP/AA) call. But they don't have the correct audio mixer architecture to fix properly. Read below

CP/AA Call volume

In general, volume control area of cheap HUs have lots of problems with CP/AA. CP/AA function is typically an application (zlink) which doesn't follow system's volume gain setting on path B when CP/AA calls occur. So driver usually have to increase volume significantly during CP/AA call. When call ends and sound switches back to path A (for example, radio) The volume becomes too loud. The typical usage sequence is as follows (my experience)

- listening to music... any source
    - CP/AA call comes in, music playback is muted by HU, barely can hear the person, driver turn up the volume
    - call ends, HU auto switch back to music source but now at much higher volume, driver has to turns down the volume

Higher end HUs have CP/AA call volume follow BT call volume setting (same gain for Y and Z). This provides much better behavior. However, OEM HUs sometimes still implement incorrectly like cheap HUs in early versions.

The reason call prefers to have higher volume verses music is because desire to clearly understand the other person's every word over the road noise. For music, it isn't as important. Furthermore, human speech is narrow frequency at similar volume while music is broad frequency at wider volume diversity for each "voice/instrument". Hence, music volume is usually set for the loudest voice/instrument.

audio mix.001.jpeg
    Update for the Zlink5.
    XYauto currently only offered zlink ver 5.2.48 to 5760B.
    But for some reason, 92XX HU has zlink 5.3.8 (26 OCT 2022) to download.
    The good news is zlink 5.3.8 can be used on our 5760 system. All you need to do is update the zlink5 tar.gz file for 5760 first, than extract (Just open tar.gz file with WinRAR) and install the zlink 5.3.8 apk form zlink5 tar.gz file for 92XX. remember to reboot your HU before use, otherwise the app won't start.

zlink 5.3.8's wireless connectivity has been significantly improved.

However it still shows the status bar all the time.
    updated 11/19/22 1.73.7 + 11/18/22 UI20 for 1024x600 2GB/32GB YT-5760B

• Did not user data wipe over my prior firmware 11/4/22 1.73.7
    • Audio volume back to normal loudness. No longer need to press a bunch of volume +. Decided to keep this upgrade
    • I did get a crash + user data wipe during rapid power down/up sequence.
    Screenshot_20221120-214358.pngScreenshot_20221120-214413.pngScreenshot_20221120-214328.png
    Zlink 5.2.48 is now available to download.
    Compare with zlink3, zlink5 added screen mirror function which you can mirror your phone screen directly to HU's screen. And general UI design has been improved.
    Personally, I don't use screen mirroring at all.
    The good thing is it doesn't have the sound issue, which happened on zlink ver 3.9.43 and 3.9.44.

The overall user experience is same as zlink ver 3, or in my opinion even little worse than zlink 3.9.27.
    especially on wireless carplay mode, you will experience some lagging

The worst part is carplay no longer running on full screen mode, it will show status bar all the time, although you can manually hide the status bar, but it's not really full screen will leave an empty space on top and bottom of the screen.
    Hello.

Sometimes my HU wipes my user data (it happened two times in the last seven days), It is very annoying because I have to install all the aps, restore zlink license, connect the BT, etc.

I have the firmware of the date 10/23 and UI17 installed, but with the previous firmware also happened once.

Someone knows what can be happening?

Thanks in advance!!!View attachment 5751503
    since you are on latest firmware.
    I suspect this may be a hardware related problem. or voltage fluctuation issue due to car battery aging.
    The XYgala.com has released another newer 1.73.7 split screen firmware (release date 28 October).
    And UI20 add-on pack has also been updated, it made adding the app to main screen bit easier.
    The new firmware updated the Zlink to ver 3.9.43, which causes sound/music distortion when using Carpaly.
    At least this problem appeared on my HU.
    if you are having the same problem, you can install zlink ver 3.9.27 from my previous post.
    Is it wiping user data as 1.73.3?

Just installed 1.73.6 on 5760B 1024*600, didn't wipe user data.

Actually, I forgot and left 1.73.3 (don't recall if it was 5/24 or 7/25 version) on the USB stick w/1.73.6 and 1.73.3 got installed which wiped my user data. But then I installed 1.73.6 over this without wiping user data.

Biggest change I notice is just the 2x boot up pop sound is gone. So maybe xyauto have more orderly sound hardware initialization now :)
    I have recorder a video with the YT5760B system upgrade. It takes about 5 minutes to complete. In the attached ZIP file you can find the video.
    I have updated firmware to the latest version 1.71.
    • Setting up car's clock finally works with Mazda 6 GH
    • Annoying sound in the background did not disappear
    • DSP profiles work better since 1.70

Screenshot_20211026-084834.jpg
    The above one with "ota" in the name of the file is the right one to copy onto a USB stick and to update the head unit. Usually, the second file is to update the firmware via PC