AC8257 CPU Based unit's problems & questions - Couldn't find any info about it

Search This thread

howardc64

Apr 30, 2016
How can report this bad firmware??? 1.73.3 (6-8GB)

- Wipe my user data
- The sound are good but need put to MAX LEVEL to ear on good volume
- The Subwoofer ignition NOT WORK, Dont send the ignition signal to run the external amplifier (the icon of amplifier are activated)

Haven't found any way to report to xyauto. Sent email and wechat msg and no reply.

Can try seller but probably no benefit either.

kaanarli

Jul 25, 2022
Hi
I finally successfully updated my YT7260L HU to Android 10 with 1.72FW version. I am using Windows PC by the way, and I was able to update by using the 2nd USB port directly came from back of the HU. Firstly I was trying car's own USB port but was not working. You may see the photos below. API version also update to 29. MCU is still 0.7, is there any necessity to update it or how may i update it?

Default UI and DSP settings UI also changed.

View attachment 5676413

View attachment 5676415

View attachment 5676417

I have another question regarding the ZLINK. When I checked the ZLINK, I noticed that its not activated and when I try to activate it, I got the error code below. Do you have guys any idea how to activate it?

Thanks.

View attachment 5676421

View attachment 5676423

Hi again,

IS there any working solution to activate Zlink? I extracted the APK from the system than uninstalled to reinstall again but extracted APK file does not work.

Hope there is a way to install and activate

howardc64

Apr 30, 2016
Hi again,

IS there any working solution to activate Zlink? I extracted the APK from the system than uninstalled to reinstall again but extracted APK file does not work.

Hope there is a way to install and activate

zlink activation requires a license. My HU came with a license and even after user data wipe on 5/24/22 version of 1.73.3 install, license recovered automatically somehow. I've never had to enter the license code

There was an earlier version of xyauto firmware that came with zlink activated by default (earlier 1.7x, don't remember) but it was probably accidental as xyauto removed it quickly.

Apk07

Dec 23, 2007
Michigan
My problems now are:
  • If I plug my phone in and ZLink starts while the radio app is going, Android Auto and Radio will be playing music at the same time, so I have to go to the recent apps list and manually close the radio app every time.
    • The radio app at volume level ~5 is the equivalent of ZLink Android Auto's volume at ~25. I have to remember to lower my volume significantly before I leave the car. Wish there was a way to offset it.
  • The reverse camera guidelines are wayyyy too aggressive, they link my car can turn on a literal dime. I wish I could tweak how sensitive they are on screen in relation to how much I turn my wheel. Haven't found the proper setting for this yet, if there even is one.
    • My head unit is often too slow to display the reverse lines when I shift to reverse. Sometimes they show up but don't react to the CANBUS steering wheel changes. Sometimes they show up on my homescreen for ~10 seconds after I've already switched back to Drive.
  • My SWC volume controls react pretty slowly. I have to slowly press volume up/down, can't hold it or tap it rapidly, it still changes very slowly.
    • Trying to add volume buttons in AGAMA and they don't do anything. I've tried multiple launchers and they can't control system volume- only my SWC or hardware volume buttons actually change the volume.
  • I switch the head unit/CANBUS settings to use Fahrenheit (F) and it always shows Celsius anyway. The pop-up overlay at the bottom of the screen that appears when the head unit detects I change air conditioning settings is always showing the temp in C. I would turn this whole thing off if I could. I like it showing doors being open, but not the whole air conditioning bar.
    • My car's AC cycles on and off based on whether the desired temperature is met. Every time it cycles on/off this info bar overlay on the bottom of the screen displays again. As I said above, I'd love to just turn this off somehow but retain my other CANBUS stuff (SWC, reverse sensing, open doors, etc).

howardc64

Apr 30, 2016
My problems now are:

• The radio app at volume level ~5 is the equivalent of ZLink Android Auto's volume at ~25. I have to remember to lower my volume significantly before I leave the car. Wish there was a way to offset it.

I have same problem. after carplay phone call back to radio is huge increase in volume. This problem is quite common amongst HUs even factory ones. Basic problem is 2 layers of audio mixing that is uncoordinated.

Your HU has a setting for call volume separate from music volume. This is because calls are mid tone frequency and volume need to be adjusted higher for clarity. So our HU has this and HU auto changes volume going from music -> call -> music.

Now carplay is yet another app but this app has its own audio sources including music and call. Ideally, carplay's music volume inherit HU's music volume setting and phone call inherits HU's call volume setting. But of course this is not happening and zlink carplays call is happening at music volumes which is faint (since HU doesn't know) and the driver adjusted up higher to hear. When call ends... music is blasting.

Higher end HUs sometimes have offsets. But even then it has problems. The best solution requires Android HU software to be coordinate with carplay software. Unfortunately this may never happen.

Robearto4

Aug 9, 2022
Kansas City
Hi all!

New to the thread and I’ve just installed the 5760B in my 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan But have one glaring issue - I’m only getting audio out of the right speakers (both radio and CarPlay).

I’ve tried digging into Settings thinking something may be panned somewhere… but no luck. All I hear out of the left side is popping randomly (mainly when changing from Radio to CarPlay or other apps or adjusting audio in the DSP Settings App).

At this point I feel like it has to be the wiring adapter I received with the kit or the unit itself. Any thoughts/ideas? Could it be the CAN BUS Settings? Would a firmware update help/hurt? See attachment for specifics.

I purchased this on eBay and the seller isn’t being very helpful so far… so any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• FDBEE262-F1C4-4ECA-B477-0B49022712B3.jpeg
    FDBEE262-F1C4-4ECA-B477-0B49022712B3.jpeg
    7.4 MB · Views: 38

howardc64

Apr 30, 2016
Hi all!

New to the thread and I’ve just installed the 5760B in my 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan But have one glaring issue - I’m only getting audio out of the right speakers (both radio and CarPlay).

I’ve tried digging into Settings thinking something may be panned somewhere… but no luck. All I hear out of the left side is popping randomly (mainly when changing from Radio to CarPlay or other apps or adjusting audio in the DSP Settings App).

At this point I feel like it has to be the wiring adapter I received with the kit or the unit itself. Any thoughts/ideas? Could it be the CAN BUS Settings? Would a firmware update help/hurt? See attachment for specifics.

I purchased this on eBay and the seller isn’t being very helpful so far… so any help is appreciated. Thanks!

There are no known software issues on L and R speaker output on this unit. You are also on fairly recently firmware so no need to mess with new firmware just yet.

If your old radio plays sound on both sides, then its surely the unit and/or adapter. Sounds like the unit if you hear it sporadically in relation to software events.

kaanarli

Jul 25, 2022
zlink activation requires a license. My HU came with a license and even after user data wipe on 5/24/22 version of 1.73.3 install, license recovered automatically somehow. I've never had to enter the license code

There was an earlier version of xyauto firmware that came with zlink activated by default (earlier 1.7x, don't remember) but it was probably accidental as xyauto removed it quickly.

Before updating to 1.72 version, I had Phonelink app which was already activated, with 1.72 FW Zlink comes and its not activated.

Do you think It will work smooth and activated if I make factory reset? Or Wipe from them recovery mode? In addition, How may i launch the recovery mode?

howardc64

Apr 30, 2016
Before updating to 1.72 version, I had Phonelink app which was already activated, with 1.72 FW Zlink comes and its not activated.

Do you think It will work smooth and activated if I make factory reset? Or Wipe from them recovery mode? In addition, How may i launch the recovery mode?

I have no idea if phonelink will reactivate. If you want to try, I'd suggest write down license # if visible somewhere in the app. Maybe contact the seller how to activate if lost during reset/recovery but they are probably unreachable or no help.

Robearto4

Aug 9, 2022
Kansas City
There are no known software issues on L and R speaker output on this unit. You are also on fairly recently firmware so no need to mess with new firmware just yet.

If your old radio plays sound on both sides, then its surely the unit and/or adapter. Sounds like the unit if you hear it sporadically in relation to software events.
Thanks for the response. I took another look at the setup this morning, and confirmed it was an issue with the plug n play wiring harness…

Basically this unit and wiring kit was designed to output to 4 channels (FL, FR, RL, and RR) while my Grand Caravan only has L and R audio to the amplifier. My OEM Unit had some way of moving audio from Front to Back without the second set of wires/channels, possibly a CAN BUS setup.

kumarsaovinod

Jan 13, 2016
Hi,
I have xy auto YT5760B chinese android stereo i have some problems with it after latest updates-

1. It is support 4g sim card but not shows VOLTE symbol, but i know it is compatible with VOLTE features may be it need to do enabled, but how?

2. In this stereo any app can't run on background or foreground recent app cleaner kill all the background foreground apps services.

3. In this stereo some steering learn function not working specially this steering function logo not working.

Attachments

• 20220727_204738.jpg
    20220727_204738.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 12

Apk07

Dec 23, 2007
Michigan
Folks quick question does anybody use a newer zlink version than 3.9.7? has anybody tried installing latest version from http://www.zjinnova.com/col.jsp?id=106 ? Is it worth it?
Theoretically if you sideloaded this and it was recognized as the same app, it would just be installed as an "update" to the existing ZLink which is a system app.

So if something didn't work you could uninstall and it would roll back to the original system one.

Reactions: polarfest

Apk07

Dec 23, 2007
Michigan
Thanks Mate, I'll try it and comment about it
So I installed the ZLink APK from the link you posted and it's a no-go. It's just a bum app, doesn't do anything for us. It's not the same app as the normal ZLink so it installs side-by-side and is named something like "ZPlus" and does not seem to interact with my phone or the existing ZLink at all.

Also I downloaded and extracted 1.73.6 to poke around, and tried copying some of the APK files from there onto my head unit (CanBus ones, XYAuto stuff, CarSettings, DSP, ZLink, etc). All I really accomplished was making it so Car Settings wouldn't launch, CanBus stuff broke, and ZLink didn't really update.

Had to factory reset from Android settings and reconfigure everything.

Robearto4

Aug 9, 2022
Kansas City
Have we learned what the J in J1.73 stand for?

I attempted to upgrade firmware to 1.73.3 but it gave me the ‘The system upgrade file version is incorrect’ error in red.

Additionally, do anyone else have intermittent CarPlay/Xlink issues? Sometimes not connecting of the application freezing, especially when using remote start on the vehicle.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just to confirm, the firmware was downloaded from xyauto's 7216/7216B_7216C directory right? (complete path in post #974) There are 2 other directories under 7216 (.../7216B and .../7216C but these looks either empty or old) We get questions often from non YT5760B HU owners with xyauto firmware (same looking System Info screen) asking where to get firmware. So far, it seems the following is the case

- All resolutions are combined into single firmware at least for YT5760B
    - Horizontal and Portrait display are different firmware
    - 2/4GB and 6/8GB are different firmware
    - YT5670B and YT7216 are different firmware.
    Hi, everyone, i am hoping one of you can help me with updating my unit. I am having trouble navigating around xy autos website, and i am not sure wich file to download to update.

Can anyone maybe share a link to the correct update file?

And another question, when i update, do i just put the zip file on a usb stick or unzip every file first?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Your model is same as mine (I have 2GB) and the most commonly discussed model here. This is the file you want (ota, 2-4GB model). Just put the zip file on your USB stick (don't unzip) and push Android Update button. Make sure there are no other xyauto zip firmware on the USB.

XYAUTO (xygala.com)

I don't think 1.73.7 will erase user data (and license keys) but am not sure. Read my signature link website on this to know the risks (potentially losing license file)

You also have FW version that starts with letter J. We don't know the significance but seems to use same firmware as units without J* firmware. Following user had no problem upgrading his J* firmware unit successfully. But he has various feature problems (probably not due to updating J* firmware unit but don't know for sure) so read all his follow on posts.

There are others that have updated J firmware units. Use search function on this thread and enter "J1.73" to find all posts. Make sure you x out all the search suggestions for other threads. Anyway, here is the search result link

Search results for query: J1.73 | XDA Forums (xda-developers.com)
    Cool let us know what you find eventually for solution

BTW, looking at the chipset on the logic board. I think there is a chip that is dedicated to handle all camera functions (360, backup) This is why backup cam comes on so fast when you go into reverse. It doesn't depend on any app. As soon as backup signal is received, the LCD video chip switches to backup camera source instead of HU Android desktop/

I look in various menus to see if backup camera can be disabled all together. No luck.

Link in power mode sections shows 0.01A within a min when HU goes to sleep. This is very low and probably far lower than total consumption on rest of the car parked. I don't know if HU will draw more power periodically by waking up etc...

How long it last also depends on the 12V battery. Capacity? How new? Cell chemistry (deep cycle? AGM? etc)

Anyway for 0.01A, I'd not worry about it in relation to the rest of the electronics in the car.
    Coming back with the solution for getting the original Honda Civic 2013 backup Camera to work.
    Getting the camera signal from the original harness was necessary since it was not part of the canbus. Fortunatelly I didn't do that from the main 32 Pin connector but from the rear camera connector from the trunk.
    Is it wiping user data as 1.73.3?

Just installed 1.73.6 on 5760B 1024*600, didn't wipe user data.

Actually, I forgot and left 1.73.3 (don't recall if it was 5/24 or 7/25 version) on the USB stick w/1.73.6 and 1.73.3 got installed which wiped my user data. But then I installed 1.73.6 over this without wiping user data.

Biggest change I notice is just the 2x boot up pop sound is gone. So maybe xyauto have more orderly sound hardware initialization now :)
    I have recorder a video with the YT5760B system upgrade. It takes about 5 minutes to complete. In the attached ZIP file you can find the video.
    I have updated firmware to the latest version 1.71.
    • Setting up car's clock finally works with Mazda 6 GH
    • Annoying sound in the background did not disappear
    • DSP profiles work better since 1.70

Screenshot_20211026-084834.jpg
    The above one with "ota" in the name of the file is the right one to copy onto a USB stick and to update the head unit. Usually, the second file is to update the firmware via PC
    Yes, I have installed 1.66. I do not have any issues with volume. RDS started to work from time to time. Wi-Fi hotspot with Headunit Reloaded app still crashes.
    I have taken the plunge to update to v1.66 without backing up the old ROM, big risk of turning the head unit into a brick but luckily everything turned out fine.

My observations on the latest ROM:
    1. Android settings now report the OS as android 10.0 instead of 9.1, no idea if this is really true.
    2. New ROM did not erase the old settings and programs, but I could not login to my Google account. I had to restore to factory settings and setup everything from scratch.
    3. Split screen can be enabled in factory settings, same as my older ROM.
    4. Volume problem is still there, but seems not as bad as previous ROM. At least now I can set DSP to BBE mode and tune my Poweramp turning DVC off. Previously I had to use DVC so that I can tune to the EQ curve I want without encountering the volume problem, but with DVC I had to turn the master volume higher, which sounds ridiculously loud when I switch to Spotify or radio.
    5. Google Assistant asking to set as default still remains.

Another tip for those who want to use Google Assistant to make a phone call, you need to go to developer options and find the minimum text width, which is set to 600 by default, and change it to something slightly smaller like 592. This will make the OS think it's a phone rather than tablet, otherwise Google Assistant will say "I don't know how to do that yet" when you ask to make a phone call.